Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    edited October 2020
    Yeah and all the 25th does is put Pence in power....it's a great move by Pelosi
    I see the questionable optics, but they might be going for one of those strange "country first" maneuvers you've probably read about in history books.

If Trump loses, he'll have 10 weeks to burn it all down out of spite. And he would...So when he starts, invoke it and let Pence ride it out with a hint of dignity. 

(I don't actually know for sure that this would happen since Barr will spend that time trying to get the result overturned, but in theory this is a wise move.)
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,155
    mrussel1 said:
    I thought Trump was done.  Why does dipshit Pelosi need a 25th amendment commission?   Maybe the polls are not so accurate...
    I'm sure you're a political genius compared to the "dipshit".  It must be your years of a leading a national caucus. 
    Just cause you are an elected official doesn’t mean everything you do is so politically savvy.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,623
    mrussel1 said:

25th A is totally appropriate at this moment in time! 
    C’mon. Nancy is doing her best to hurt the Biden campaign with this crap right now. Jesus can’t she just lay low a bit? 

Democrats would f up a free lunch.

You're both wrong on this.  The cake is baked. Nancy continuing to reinforce that Trump is not well and the people have a right to know about his health is not a losing issue.  Keeping Corona on the front page, Trump's handling of it, and the fact that his whole WH was infected works for D's. 
    Obviously I disagree with you. This takes the focus off Trump and covid and puts it squarely on the Democrats who “continue to try and remove the elected president by any means despite multiple failures”. “I thought the Dems want the American people to decide” “see, Biden is just a stooge. Pelosi and AOC running the show”...etc etc etc.

All it will do is fire up the people who are all highly motivated for Trump anyway.  Nobody on the fence or voting for Biden is going to decide to vote for Trump based on this.

If it does anything, it will distract Trump and he will continue his manic, unstable episode straight through election day.  It also continues to shine a light on his erratic behavior and how our Federal Government has never been so destabilized.  
  • Options
    25th A is totally appropriate at this moment in time! 
    This has been true for every moment since inauguration day, 2016.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I thought Trump was done.  Why does dipshit Pelosi need a 25th amendment commission?   Maybe the polls are not so accurate...
    I have not read a story about this; basically headlines and the chatter here, but I'd assume that this is pre-emptive to stop Trump from doing crazy batshit batshittery if he loses.  I'd guess this is not fear of Trump winning, but fear of what happens if he doesn't.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    Because it's on my mind and it needs to be said,  soul-eater/monster is dead wrong. Senator Kamala is not a monster. He is the monster. He put children in cages and that is forever unforgivable. 
    There. I feel just a little better. Be safe all.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,090
    Kat said:
    Because it's on my mind and it needs to be said,  soul-eater/monster is dead wrong. Senator Kamala is not a monster. He is the monster. He put children in cages and that is forever unforgivable. 

he just needs to label any strong woman as anything resembling evil. i'd almost take it as a compliment since it's obvious he just fears them. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,802
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm sure you're a political genius compared to the "dipshit".  It must be your years of a leading a national caucus. 
    Just cause you are an elected official doesn’t mean everything you do is so politically savvy.

She's not just some junior congressional member.  She's a heavy hitter of a speaker, probably the most effective and powerful one since Tip O'Neil.  I'm not saying she's always right, but she ain't no 'dipshit'.  
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,132

tRump is using the idiot maneuver to pretend like Pelosi's plan is related to Biden
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    When is the medic exam? I guess middle of the night here... I'm looking forward to it!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    Kat said:

By cages, are these some of the examples of immigrant children that make Trump a soul-eater monster?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

By cages, are these some of the examples of immigrant children that make Trump a soul-eater monster?
    i'm going to go ahead and take a wild guess that this is a picture from the obama administration in an attempt to try to trap kat, but it's already been well established that obama did detain families, but the big difference was trump separated them from their parents, which obama did not do, unless there was obvious cases of concern for the welfare of the child staying with the parents. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

i'm going to go ahead and take a wild guess that this is a picture from the obama administration in an attempt to try to trap kat, but it's already been well established that obama did detain families, but the big difference was trump separated them from their parents, which obama did not do, unless there was obvious cases of concern for the welfare of the child staying with the parents. 
    Not meant to "trap," I assumed most would realize when it was taken since this has come up several times recently.
    The intent was to point out the irony for calling one person a monster and being okay with the other. Either they are both monsters or they aren't.
    The comment wasn't about detaining families, it was about the conditions, and specifically the cages, that the children were kept in. If people are upset about the detaining and separation of families, they should say that, and not exclusively talk about the conditions and cages. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,492
    edited October 2020
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

Not meant to "trap," I assumed most would realize when it was taken since this has come up several times recently.
    The intent was to point out the irony for calling one person a monster and being okay with the other. Either they are both monsters or they aren't.
    The comment wasn't about detaining families, it was about the conditions, and specifically the cages, that the children were kept in. If people are upset about the detaining and separation of families, they should say that, and not exclusively talk about the conditions and cages. 
    Are you okey with the cages? 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

You know what Kat meant, and you also know that the intent and scale between the two administrations aren't comparable. Especially after the story that came out this week.

This is not a both sides case ( like most examples)
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,928
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

Careful. 
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    edited October 2020
    Take away the children in cages and Trumps still tied for biggest piece of shit to ever hold public office in the US. Hell, just the shit he’s pulled in the last week makes him a solid front runner. 
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    Take away the children in cages and Trumps still tied for biggest piece of shit to ever hold public office in the US.
    tied with...?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Cool seeing a host being a journalist 

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

If by cages you mean chain link fence walls, then yes, I'm okay with that. When they are used as designed, and that is short term detainment. Do you expect a fancy resort or even nice dry wall? Why? Some shelters use chain link, its fine. 
    I'm against the double standard. There was no outrage and no one referred to them as cages until Trump was in office, although they have been used for years before that.
    The double standard goes beyond just calling it a cage. I won't be able to find a link so those who don't believe me, that's fine. But I think it was AOC who a few years ago described it as kids drinking out of the toilet as their only water source. Completely not true, it was those sinks over the toilet that you see in prisons, but they of course described it as a cage and drinking out of the toilet. 
    If someone is against the separation then they should say that. But I hear more often the complaint is about the conditions and "cages," which have been there long before 2017.
  • Options
    Man... he sounds drugged up and really sick

• Options
    edited October 2020
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

You know what Kat meant, and you also know that the intent and scale between the two administrations aren't comparable. Especially after the story that came out this week.

What did she mean? I assume she meant the conditions the kids were kept in. What else did she mean if not what was said? As I said earlier, the complaint I hear most is about the horrible condition and cages. If that isn't what people mean then they should stop complaining about that. But I truly do think that is what they mean, because that is what is most commonly said.  That picture I used only resurfaced because it was used by several media sources as an example of how horrible the kids are being treated and the sub-human conditions, not knowing the picture was from 2014. So yes, when people complain about the condition and the cages, that is what they mean.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options

WE HAVE EYEBALLS. LMAO
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

If by cages you mean chain link fence walls, then yes, I'm okay with that. When they are used as designed, and that is short term detainment. Do you expect a fancy resort or even nice dry wall? Why? Some shelters use chain link, its fine. 
    I'm against the double standard. There was no outrage and no one referred to them as cages until Trump was in office, although they have been used for years before that.
    The double standard goes beyond just calling it a cage. I won't be able to find a link so those who don't believe me, that's fine. But I think it was AOC who a few years ago described it as kids drinking out of the toilet as their only water source. Completely not true, it was those sinks over the toilet that you see in prisons, but they of course described it as a cage and drinking out of the toilet. 
    If someone is against the separation then they should say that. But I hear more often the complaint is about the conditions and "cages," which have been there long before 2017.
    I'll agree with you there. the depiction of "drinking from toilets" from the "far left" was pretty outrageous. and just furthered to give credence to "fake news". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,802
    edited October 2020

Love all these people who don't understand HIPAA bringing it up.  No one is demanding the hospital release information,  the request is to the White House. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

If by cages you mean chain link fence walls, then yes, I'm okay with that. When they are used as designed, and that is short term detainment. Do you expect a fancy resort or even nice dry wall? 
    Something that doesn't look like that.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

What story came out this week? Trump's covid and the debate have dominate all the news.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,455
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

lol yeah ok 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,132
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Kat said:

lol yeah ok 
    Could you expand and tell me which part you don't agree with?
    Here's a breakdown of what I said.

Pictures were used that were taken from 2014 to depict how horrible Trump is treating the children. DO you believe that is false? It is well known that many media outlets used photos from 2014 to show how sub human the kids are being treated. Here's a segment of Racheal Maddow describing how horrible Trump is treating these kids and the life long damage he is doing. Only problem is she is using pictures from 2014 to prove her point. https://www.mediaite.com/news/rachel-maddow-uses-photos-of-immigrant-children-held-in-cages-during-obama-administration-while-blaming-trump/

Here's a tweet from a journalizt using a completly staged picute, the kid wasn't even is custody. it was a staged picture that circulated.

Or do you disagree with my claims that people were actually okay with it in 2014? If so, just show me some journalists saying the same things back in 2014. I can't find any.

DO you disagree with me about them describing it as drinking out of the toilet. https://nypost.com/2019/07/01/aoc-says-migrants-forced-to-drink-toilet-water-after-tense-border-visit/ Here's a link of AOC making that claim, expect it wasn't true. As I said earlier, it was the sink/toilet combo that is used is jails and other places and is perfectly safe. 

So which of my claims do you disagree with? It was hard to tell from just "lol yeah ok"
This discussion has been closed.