Donald Trump

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038
    edited October 2020

https://allianceforscience.cornell.edu/blog/2020/10/what-drove-the-covid-misinformation-infodemic/

“The study found that comments by US President Donald Trump drove major spikes in the “miracle cures” misinformation topic, led by his April 24 musing about the possibility of using disinfectants internally to cure the coronavirus. Trump’s advocacy of unproven treatments such as hydroxychloroquine, as well as his admission that he was using the drug in an attempt to stave off the virus, also prompted major spikes in the misinformation conversation.

These findings suggest that President Trump was quite likely the largest driver of misinformation during the COVID pandemic to date, the study authors noted.

“One of the more interesting aspects of the data collection process was discovering the staggering amount of misinformation coverage directly linked to the public comments of a small number of individuals,” said co-author Jordan Adams, a data analyst at Cision Insights.

The second-most prevalent topic was the allegation that the COVID pandemic was created to advance a “new world order/deep state.” The claim that the global pandemic was a hoax perpetrated for political gain by the Democratic Party was the third most common topic, followed by conspiracies contending the novel coronavirus was a bioweapon intentionally or accidentally released by a laboratory in Wuhan, China”

Lol

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    edited October 2020

No way that the campaign manager said any of that...that is straight from tRump's mouth
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    lol.  'do a rally instead'.

Intelligence of an average 7th grader
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    This guy is cooked. He just wants to get in all the rah-rahs he can before his ass is thrown out. What an embarrassment. He is now going against the CDC guidance as well. Good for this pile of garbage. He sounded like shit in his last video so maybe he'll drop dead at the rally and then the masses can rush to the stage to lift him up and carry him out to be buried in a cave so he can rise again in 3 days.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    the problem is, they arent going to accept the election results.  They still hold the senate enough and also packed the federal courts with Federal judges enough to drag it along and present legal arguments and maneuvering.  Meanwhile, he has an army of cletuses who have a fetish for wearing warfare costumes who will take to the streets and people will die and shit is going to get out of control. 
    I wonder if he will change course on this just like he did on the stimulus package...

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    I wonder if he will change course on this just like he did on the stimulus package...
    He might.  
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038
    MayDay10 said:
    the problem is, they arent going to accept the election results.  They still hold the senate enough and also packed the federal courts with Federal judges enough to drag it along and present legal arguments and maneuvering.  Meanwhile, he has an army of cletuses who have a fetish for wearing warfare costumes who will take to the streets and people will die and shit is going to get out of control. 
    Yup... hopefully enough people vote for Biden to eliminate any doubt, but even still, things are going to get worse. There are still far too many people committed to this con.
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,745
    I still can't understand how anyone still supports this guy.  

I predicted this whole fiasco when he got covid.  He will downplay, he will peddle pharmaceuticals. Done. Please vote him out. He is beyond dangerous.  I never thought I would see the day a dictator sat in the white house. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx

• No way that the campaign manager said any of that...that is straight from tRump's mouth

Swamp Creatures?

That is his funniest line in a while.

What a bunch of damn fools.  At least I got a chuckle out of the train wreck that is the President of our country. 
    :sad:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    I saw this yesterday as I was talking on the phone with a co-worker. He was awaiting his own test results after his own wife and daughter had recieved their positive Covid19 test results. 

Hold on now, this might be one of the 'other perspectives' we may regret not having listened to, maybe we should hear them out. :D

People that think allowing this nonsense as part of the 1A are as ridiculous as people that support bump stocks, semi autos, armor piercing rounds, consumer military gear as 2A
    I don't agree with it, but you think saying its a hoax shouldn't be protected under the first amendment? 
    Giving these people the air and space at the table should not be protected.  Like not listening to them and not giving them a platform is not cancel culture.  Paint your car about it tell from the street corner whatever.  As far as giving that language anymore platform than that, nope no one is entitled to a platform especially if they have scientifically proven false info to spew. 
    This is he silliness of the left.  Do you really think someone so stupid driving around with that on the back of their car is changing anyone’s mind?  Oh, wow. Look at that car.  Guess it’s a hoax.  Lol.

i actually don’t get what you folks are afraid of.  If anything, this person did you a favor.  You know who they are and what they think.  You can act accordingly and steer clear (see what I did there...  lol.  Yeah, so clever.  Lol lol lol).  

And now to clip the predictable retort - no Trump did not say the virus was a hoax.  Read beyond the headline and out of context chosen half sentence sound bite.  Funny you’re worried about some random car that nobody would have seen if not posted here, but ignore cnn media malpractice (and Biden for that matter) that feeds the many more bobble heads that watch them.   In a way, you could argue it was cnn and their ilk and not trump that created that “monster.”   Maybe they should report the actual news and full quote like good journalists are supposed to.  

And don’t worry, it’s the AP not fox and you only need to read 2 lines to get the actual fact. 

#Facts

edit:  in case the link doesn’t work or you don’t want to click here are the first couple lines copied:

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is presenting a distorted account of President Donald Trump’s words on the coronavirus, wrongly suggesting Trump branded the virus a hoax.

In fact, Trump pronounced Democratic criticism of his pandemic response a hoax.

ever notice how many times conservatives invoke "...the left" as opposed to liberals generalizing in the same way? projection at its finest. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    It does seem like there have been fewer proactively supporting him since the debate/rona 1 2 punch. 

There was a Trump Train that worked it’s way through the area last weekend and though there was  an embarrassing amount of participants, I didn’t see much support for it beyond those participants. 

Scary thing is how many have just shifted to pro Pence chatter. Thought they liked Trump because he was an outsider. Personally, I couldn’t trust anyone that’s so morally bankrupt  that they adhere to something as outrageous as the Billy Graham rule. 

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,741
    so a fellow pj fan and scientist pointed something out about fucksticks latest miracle cure . ...

her adbook observation....
    On the administration’s latest infomercial, he’s now pushing Regeneron’s REGN-COV2 antibody cocktail and claims that everyone who needs it will have access to it.

I’m not going to get into the details of whether that statement is feasible, but rather will his pro-life supporters even want to take it?

Although the cocktail itself, does not contain human embryonic stem cells, the company did utilize  HEK-293 cells (human embryonic kidney cell line from an aborted fetus) during research and development.

How do those supporters who are against research utilizing embryonic stem cells feel about the President not only taking this therapeutic, but actively encouraging others to take it? If Pence tests positive, is this something he would take?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

No way that the campaign manager said any of that...that is straight from tRump's mouth

Swamp Creatures?

What a bunch of damn fools.  At least I got a chuckle out of the train wreck that is the President of our country. 
    my favorite (which is the giveaway that it's tRump) is "and everybody knows it"

Swamp Creatures?

exactly. sounds like a 5th grader. so embarrassing. which makes it unsurprising as to whom his supporters are. 

www.headstonesband.com

Swamp Creatures?

exactly. sounds like a 5th grader. so embarrassing. which makes it unsurprising as to whom his supporters are. 

from him its age appropriate
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    mickeyrat said:
    so a fellow pj fan and scientist pointed something out about fucksticks latest miracle cure . ...

On the administration’s latest infomercial, he’s now pushing Regeneron’s REGN-COV2 antibody cocktail and claims that everyone who needs it will have access to it.

I’m not going to get into the details of whether that statement is feasible, but rather will his pro-life supporters even want to take it?

Although the cocktail itself, does not contain human embryonic stem cells, the company did utilize  HEK-293 cells (human embryonic kidney cell line from an aborted fetus) during research and development.

How do those supporters who are against research utilizing embryonic stem cells feel about the President not only taking this therapeutic, but actively encouraging others to take it? If Pence tests positive, is this something he would take?

You really think they’re a)that informed or b)Worried about the blatant hypocrisy?
    edited October 2020
    DewieCox said:
    mickeyrat said:

You really think they’re a)that informed or b)Worried about the blatant hypocrisy?

well I said sorta the same in that I doubt they know. its also why I suggested she contact nyt and wapo.....

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    I saw this yesterday as I was talking on the phone with a co-worker. He was awaiting his own test results after his own wife and daughter had recieved their positive Covid19 test results. 

Hold on now, this might be one of the 'other perspectives' we may regret not having listened to, maybe we should hear them out. :D

People that think allowing this nonsense as part of the 1A are as ridiculous as people that support bump stocks, semi autos, armor piercing rounds, consumer military gear as 2A
    I don't agree with it, but you think saying its a hoax shouldn't be protected under the first amendment? 
    Giving these people the air and space at the table should not be protected.  Like not listening to them and not giving them a platform is not cancel culture.  Paint your car about it tell from the street corner whatever.  As far as giving that language anymore platform than that, nope no one is entitled to a platform especially if they have scientifically proven false info to spew. 
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:

This is he silliness of the left.  Do you really think someone so stupid driving around with that on the back of their car is changing anyone’s mind?  Oh, wow. Look at that car.  Guess it’s a hoax.  Lol.

i actually don’t get what you folks are afraid of.  If anything, this person did you a favor.  You know who they are and what they think.  You can act accordingly and steer clear (see what I did there...  lol.  Yeah, so clever.  Lol lol lol).  

And now to clip the predictable retort - no Trump did not say the virus was a hoax.  Read beyond the headline and out of context chosen half sentence sound bite.  Funny you’re worried about some random car that nobody would have seen if not posted here, but ignore cnn media malpractice (and Biden for that matter) that feeds the many more bobble heads that watch them.   In a way, you could argue it was cnn and their ilk and not trump that created that “monster.”   Maybe they should report the actual news and full quote like good journalists are supposed to.  

And don’t worry, it’s the AP not fox and you only need to read 2 lines to get the actual fact. 

#Facts

edit:  in case the link doesn’t work or you don’t want to click here are the first couple lines copied:

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is presenting a distorted account of President Donald Trump’s words on the coronavirus, wrongly suggesting Trump branded the virus a hoax.

Do you have a comprehension problem? Look at the bolded text.  The platforming (“media”) is the problem. Is the media partly to blame for letting looney tunes have more say than they should, absolutely?  Has the COC made many misleading claims with unspecific language that can be mangled by his QAnon base, yet still give him the “that’s not what I exactly said” out? Yes. Does Donald Trump or any other nutcase with a platform yelling hoax hurt the country? Yes. Back to the 1A aspects absolutely people should be allowed to say whatever they want, the problem is saying that nutcases deserve an equal seat At the table  and platform (“the media”) is as stupid as 2A people saying we don’t have a gun problem in this country. This also becomes a capitalist problem as well,  since there is such a large population of conspiracy theorists and a way to monetize their fervor,  various new media and radio keep this insanity spinning to make a profit.  #facts
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden

• ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    everybody knows it.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    who in the military or law enforcement has every hugged or kissed that orange turd? NO ONE. 

www.headstonesband.com

This just in most Americans don’t own boats...
    Scio me nihil scire

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    This morning I was picking up after my dog and the actual piece of shit asked me nicely not to compare the so-called president to them any longer. They feel disrespected.

Thanks
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:

static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:

#Facts

Do you have a comprehension problem? Look at the bolded text.  The platforming (“media”) is the problem. Is the media partly to blame for letting looney tunes have more say than they should, absolutely?  Has the COC made many misleading claims with unspecific language that can be mangled by his QAnon base, yet still give him the “that’s not what I exactly said” out? Yes. Does Donald Trump or any other nutcase with a platform yelling hoax hurt the country? Yes. Back to the 1A aspects absolutely people should be allowed to say whatever they want, the problem is saying that nutcases deserve an equal seat At the table  and platform (“the media”) is as stupid as 2A people saying we don’t have a gun problem in this country. This also becomes a capitalist problem as well,  since there is such a large population of conspiracy theorists and a way to monetize their fervor,  various new media and radio keep this insanity spinning to make a profit.  #facts
    That is not what you originally said. Your response to a car with writing on it was "People that think allowing this nonsense as part of the 1A are as ridiculous as people that support bump stocks, semi autos, armor piercing rounds, consumer military gear as 2A." 

You never mentioned platform or social media until later, your intial response was that people who simply claim this is a hoax should not be protected under 1A, or in your words are "ridiculous."
    I don't think it's hoax, but people certainly have the right to claim that under 1A.

www.headstonesband.com

edited October 2020
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:

static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:

#Facts

That is not what you originally said. Your response to a car with writing on it was "People that think allowing this nonsense as part of the 1A are as ridiculous as people that support bump stocks, semi autos, armor piercing rounds, consumer military gear as 2A." 

You never mentioned platform or social media until later, your intial response was that people who simply claim this is a hoax should not be protected under 1A, or in your words are "ridiculous."
    I don't think it's hoax, but people certainly have the right to claim that under 1A.
    “ People that think allowing this nonsense as part of the 1A are as ridiculous as people that support bump stocks, semi autos, armor piercing rounds, consumer military gear as 2A” my actual first response is to the post just after the car with writing on it which was sarcastic and spoke of hearing these people out, which they absolutely shouldn’t be and have no right to be.  Nowhere do I say anything should not be protected.  Certainly I didn’t expand as I did with later posts.  I still think that supporting this speech is the same as any asinine broad interpretation of the 2A.  That being said as you can see from my other posts, unless you to have a comprehension problem, the argument is that giving this stuff a platform is the problem.  I have no problem with anyone soaping anything on their windows, short of hate speech.  If the dude in the car wants to make it known he is an idiot he is perfectly free to do so.  
    Scio me nihil scire

This discussion has been closed.