Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,146
    mrussel1 said:
    his fitness level is every covid's dream. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,069
    Those rumors floating about Trump resigning so Pence could pardon him are laughable. Some of the biggest fake news right there if you believe any of those sources.
    Pence can't pardon Trump for a crime he hasn't been charged with yet. He can't just offer an open pardon for all future charges. If Pence loses the election that gives him just a few months to charge and pardon Trump. Can't happen. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Let’s hope.  Prison would be better...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    his fitness level is every covid's dream. 
    Lol.  I was thinking the same thing...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Those rumors floating about Trump resigning so Pence could pardon him are laughable. Some of the biggest fake news right there if you believe any of those sources.
    Pence can't pardon Trump for a crime he hasn't been charged with yet. He can't just offer an open pardon for all future charges. If Pence loses the election that gives him just a few months to charge and pardon Trump. Can't happen. 
    i agree with you about the rumours being nonsense, but about the pardon; i read an article some time ago during impeachment where there was a question over the pardon powers of the president; it isn't explicitly clear (if I'm remembering correctly) that they can't pardon him for future charges, as long as the charges stem from a crime committed prior to that pardon. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,183
    mace1229 said:
    I used to think that but I don't believe it is true...pretty sure Pence could pardon him 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    didn't ford pardon nixon without any charges laid? and it would have been retroactive to any crimes committed against the US while in office?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,844
    didn't ford pardon nixon without any charges laid? and it would have been retroactive to any crimes committed against the US while in office?
    Yes, but the Nixon crimes would be federal.  I would think anything laid at Trump's feet are state.  So I agree, the whole thing is nonsense. 
  • Options
    I guess I was thinking that Pence could pardon him for Wikileaks or Russian violations...just election shit.  Possibly emoluments violations, etc.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    https://www.businessinsider.com/michael-cohen-book-trump-pardon-himself-if-he-loses-election-2020-9

Also....tRump could pardon himself it seems

Cohen wrote that he "knew better than anyone" that the reason Trump wanted to replace Berman "was so that while in office, he could arrange to be federally indicted" and then, "in the event he loses the election in November, he could then pardon himself, as he's long claimed to be his right."

"The reason behind that unprecedented and serpentine thinking was that Trump knows perfectly well that he's guilty of the same crimes that resulted in my conviction and incarceration," Cohen wrote.

Cohen pleaded guilty in August 2018 to eight counts of campaign-finance violations, tax fraud, and bank fraud as part of the Southern District of New York's investigation into illegal payments made during the 2016 campaign to the adult-film star Stormy Daniels. Three months later, Cohen also pleaded guilty to one count of lying to Congress as part of the special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 US election.

In his guilty plea, Cohen said he acted at the direction of and for the benefit of Trump. The president's former fixer also said he lied to Congress about the now defunct Trump Tower Moscow project to shield Trump from congressional or legal scrutiny.

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    no way he resigns. no way. his narcissism and ego won't allow it. 
    this right here.

i doubt the truthfulness of that tweet by the way. how can he carry on the campaign without those people? those are the ones that made him.
    I dunno.  

While im not sure he is considering it.... I would be surprised if a lot of Republicans didnt want him to GTFO before November.  He is sinking a lot of down-ticket Republicans. 
  • Options
    The internal polling for tRump's campaign has to be just god awful....I would love to be a fly on the wall for those meetings

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,305
    sorry, i do not know how to embed tweets without all of the code showing up :(
    Just touch the share button on the tweet, it offers a copy option. Copy, then paste here. That's how I get it to work.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,566
    oh my lord. steve schmidt just gave trump the twitter beatdown of the decade. read the whole rant. i do not know why trump came for schmidt but i am glad he did, haha

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You’ve never beaten me at anything. This is our first dance. <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@realDonaldTrump&lt;/a>. Did you like <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/covita?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#covita</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@ProjectLincoln&lt;/a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@TheRickWilson&lt;/a> <a href="https://twitter.com/stuartpstevens?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@stuartpstevens&lt;/a> <a href="https://twitter.com/reedgalen?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@reedgalen&lt;/a>. We are so much better at this than your team of crooks, wife beaters, degenerates,weirdos and losers. You are losing 1 <a href="https://t.co/w1E9ZvRaYc">https://t.co/w1E9ZvRaYc</a></p>&mdash; Steve Schmidt (@SteveSchmidtSES) <a href="">October 7, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Beat down is right !
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,566
    Kat said:
    Classic! 

But, sad in ways because it's true(Infecting staffers)
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,069
    mace1229 said:
    I used to think that but I don't believe it is true...pretty sure Pence could pardon him 
    That seems crazy. And stupid. Wouldn't there have to be something to pardon in order to pardon something? Guess that par for the course with politics though.
    Still about a 1% chance of Trump resigning though, and my estimate has a 1% margin of error
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,308
    The internal polling for tRump's campaign has to be just god awful....I would love to be a fly on the wall for those meetings
    you really want to hear a wheezing trump yelling "FAKE POLLS!!!!!!!!!!!! wheeeeze FAKE POLLS!!!!!!!!!!" in his lonely quarantine room?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    dignin said:
    sorry, i do not know how to embed tweets without all of the code showing up :(
    Just touch the share button on the tweet, it offers a copy option. Copy, then paste here. That's how I get it to work.
    i did that and that is how it turned out. stupid laptop...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    nixon was an "unindicted co-conspirator". not sure how you can be pardoned if not indicted. 

also, if you accept a pardon, don't you acknowledge committing the crime? or something like that?

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    Looking ahead cautiously optimistically, will we get the pleasure of seeing 4'x8' signs reading 'TRUMP 2024' or 'TRUMP IS GONNA RISE AGAIN' beginning on or around November 4, 2020.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    I saw this yesterday as I was talking on the phone with a co-worker. He was awaiting his own test results after his own wife and daughter had recieved their positive Covid19 test results. 

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    nixon was an "unindicted co-conspirator". not sure how you can be pardoned if not indicted. 

also, if you accept a pardon, don't you acknowledge committing the crime? or something like that?
    from what i read (wikipedia LOL) nixon initially rejected the idea of a pardon, because, like trump, doesn't think he did anything wrong. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    edited October 2020
    I saw this yesterday as I was talking on the phone with a co-worker. He was awaiting his own test results after his own wife and daughter had recieved their positive Covid19 test results. 

I know we're a bit different in America; self-centered, anti-collectivism, etc. but some of it, like what's pictured here is a direct result of an administration that's trying do downplay it for political gain (and it's not even going well for them...). As awful as everything about Trump is, this should be the last straw for everyone. His administration has not only messed up but they've willfully made it worse and they've turned a critical mass of the population into people like the driver of that vehicle.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

I know we're a bit different in America; self-centered, anti-collectivism, etc. but some of it, like what's pictured here is a direct result of an administration that's trying do downplay it for political gain (and it's not even going well for them...). As awful as everything about Trump is, this should be the last straw for everyone. His administration has not only messed up but they've willfully made it worse and they've turned a critical mass of the population into people like the driver of that vehicle.

to be fair, conspiracy theorists in your (and any) country long predate trump. has he made it worse? yes, but not every idiot out there is a symptom of trump. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,046
    get that fucking phone away from him...Jesus.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    I doubt Trump would consider resigning. If he loses, he will just say the election was fraudulent and every single one of his followers will believe it...forever.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    eddiec said:
    I doubt Trump would consider resigning. If he loses, he will just say the election was fraudulent and every single one of his followers will believe it...forever.
    And Barr will pretend to.  I won't believe Biden will become president until he's actually inaugurated.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    trump has returned to the oval. what a selfish POS
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    When Biden wins. They have to meet with Trump officials to transition power, is this correct?  If so, it will be a nightmare...
    Give Peas A Chance…
This discussion has been closed.