Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    “Forrest” is clearly calling out Tom Hanks on his Greek
    citizenship and IG.

This meltdown is going great. I do worry about him going truly scorched earth and utilizing these psychos he’s armed and declaring war on the left. Doubt he has the balls to risk the repurcussions.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,417
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    trump's superpower is the uncanny ability to tank the market with a single moronic tweet.
    Did it just tank?
    Yep it sure did

Walking away and refusing to negotiate is almost like he's giving up.  I'm really surprised.
    Would you agree they should pass a laser focused bill that puts $1200 into each adult’s pocket immediately?
    No,  that's the Trump talking point of the hour,  after he figured out that he blew himself up again,  just like the shutdown freak out a few years ago.  

The Democrats want extended unemployment benefits.  The nature of compromise is that you make one.  You don't flip over the game board and walk out like he just did.  Stupid. 
    So you're against giving each adult $1,200?

I didn't ask about Trump or Pelosi's individual negotiation strategies.

Do you think it's a good idea to pass something immediately to put $1,200 in each adults pocket? I guess maybe you answered that - not without a bigger payout.  

To be clear - I'm not saying - to the exclusion of all other ideas. I'm just saying - are you against doing something that immediately gives each adult $1,200 without doing anything else in that bill?

1200 has been on the table for months. as part of the house bill that passed the McConnell refuses still to even bring to committee.
    given mcconnel has the full senate out til oct 16 with the exception of the Judiciary Committee , what bill is getting passed?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,396
    Also, "we can win in California NOW!" is a new level of delusional.
    He trails by what 30 points in California polls. One of the bluest of blue states.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,187
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    trump's superpower is the uncanny ability to tank the market with a single moronic tweet.
    Did it just tank?
    Yep it sure did

Walking away and refusing to negotiate is almost like he's giving up.  I'm really surprised.
    Would you agree they should pass a laser focused bill that puts $1200 into each adult’s pocket immediately?
    No.  It's a lazy vote grabbing item that doesn't really help people all that much in the long run.  It gives $ to some that don;t need and and not enough to others that do.  BUt since they blew it big time early on and focused on this stupid check sending, it might be all they got left?

I would expand and extend unemployment.  Those are the people that need it.  People who have kept their jobs don't need the $ as much.  They should ensure all testing and treatment from Covid is covered.  They should have guaranteed payroll for small businesses that kept people on payroll instead of unemployment.   That is what would have really helped as well as easy to access and free testing, paid sick time for those that test positive or who meet requirement for quarantine.   

I mean the economy down turn is costing a lot of $.  Could have spent some $ along the way to help keep people home when they needed to be, ensure people got tested and stayed home, and stayed on payroll so that when we get to a better place things go back to as close to normal as possible before.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,845
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Did it just tank?
    Yep it sure did

No,  that's the Trump talking point of the hour,  after he figured out that he blew himself up again,  just like the shutdown freak out a few years ago.  

The Democrats want extended unemployment benefits.  The nature of compromise is that you make one.  You don't flip over the game board and walk out like he just did.  Stupid. 

Do you think it's a good idea to pass something immediately to put $1,200 in each adults pocket? I guess maybe you answered that - not without a bigger payout.  

To be clear - I'm not saying - to the exclusion of all other ideas. I'm just saying - are you against doing something that immediately gives each adult $1,200 without doing anything else in that bill?
    Dude.. seriously, this is a benign argument.  If I need $100 and have leverage and you only offer me $10, should I take the $10 and try to get the other $90 later?  No, I push for as close to $100 as possible because you're not coming back to the table after the $10.  It's pretty straightforward politics. 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,046
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Did it just tank?
    Yep it sure did

Dude.. seriously, this is a benign argument.  If I need $100 and have leverage and you only offer me $10, should I take the $10 and try to get the other $90 later?  No, I push for as close to $100 as possible because you're not coming back to the table after the $10.  It's pretty straightforward politics. 
    Amen brother.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,308
    well what do you know. ken bone, the red sweater guy from 2016, from my hometown, is undecided again in 2020. what a fucking moron.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,146
    edited October 2020
    well what do you know. ken bone, the red sweater guy from 2016, from my hometown, is undecided again in 2020. what a fucking moron.
    why do we even know this?

edit: saw your second post with the link
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Did it just tank?
    Yep it sure did

Lol I understand negotiation perfectly well.

you're not answering the question, so I will assume your answer like Pelosi's is - no. I do not want to take care of these things that will help individuals, I need on-site voter registration as a trade off.

I love how Trump flipping the board (a very nice analogy, I must say) is not a negotiation tactic, but whatever Pelosi is doing is.  What Trump has done is not flip flopping or erratic as some in the media have written. It is actually what you do to people that won't budge.

Trump is losing the election. The only thing that can come of this tactic is POSITIVE for him. Pelosi - not so much.  She's overplaying what she sees as a strong hand that will either Nov 3 (lose an election the Dems have already won) or after come back to bite her (heavy is the head that wears the crown). 

The last thing we need is Billions of $'s going to States that have mismanaged themselves into oblivion. If you think people making over $400K are going to pay that bill, you're kidding yourself.  OF course, Cali and NY (I am actually from NY - please - spare me please - give my State more money to throw down a toilet you Podunk idiots) are going to love that - but those aren't the focus. What do you think people in Florida and Ohio are going to think about bailing out Cali and NY?

Funny that there is a segment of the population that is against Trump's suggestion that we do that on its own immediately b/c of NEGOTIATION!  Lol.  You guys are funny. 

This echo chamber has been fun to watch.  At some point, you're all going to wake up and say - wait - maybe I should have listened to other perspectives.  Maybe, I was wrong on something.  Nah.  My establishment candidates are back, well ensconced suckling at the teat of... wait a minute!
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,183
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Did it just tank?
    Yep it sure did

you're not answering the question, so I will assume your answer like Pelosi's is - no. I do not want to take care of these things that will help individuals, I need on-site voter registration as a trade off.

I love how Trump flipping the board (a very nice analogy, I must say) is not a negotiation tactic, but whatever Pelosi is doing is.  What Trump has done is not flip flopping or erratic as some in the media have written. It is actually what you do to people that won't budge.

Trump is losing the election. The only thing that can come of this tactic is POSITIVE for him. Pelosi - not so much.  She's overplaying what she sees as a strong hand that will either Nov 3 (lose an election the Dems have already won) or after come back to bite her (heavy is the head that wears the crown). 

The last thing we need is Billions of $'s going to States that have mismanaged themselves into oblivion. If you think people making over $400K are going to pay that bill, you're kidding yourself.  OF course, Cali and NY (I am actually from NY - please - spare me please - give my State more money to throw down a toilet you Podunk idiots) are going to love that - but those aren't the focus. What do you think people in Florida and Ohio are going to think about bailing out Cali and NY?

Funny that there is a segment of the population that is against Trump's suggestion that we do that on its own immediately b/c of NEGOTIATION!  Lol.  You guys are funny. 

This echo chamber has been fun to watch.  At some point, you're all going to wake up and say - wait - maybe I should have listened to other perspectives.  Maybe, I was wrong on something.  Nah.  My establishment candidates are back, well ensconced suckling at the teat of... wait a minute!
    If you think that move is positive for tRump you have lost your mind.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Did it just tank?
    Yep it sure did

ah, the echo chamber. we've all spent 5 years listening to other perspectives. it's time for those perspectives to be flushed like the turds they are. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Did it just tank?
    Yep it sure did

ah, the echo chamber. we've all spent 5 years listening to other perspectives. it's time for those perspectives to be flushed like the turds they are. 
    100%

edson your team had your time in power and has been a complete and utter failure. it is time for the adults to come back in and fix your shit, as we always have to do.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    you know what can help soon enough? restoration of the unreimbursed employee expenses since all those folks are working from home.....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    and again rules in favor of NYS....

Manhattan D.A. Can Obtain Trump’s Tax Returns, Judges Rule https://nyti.ms/3jEhzDB

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Did it just tank?
    Yep it sure did

Trump twitting out that he instructed his team to stop negotiating is a huge mistake because that's the first and lasting message that people take away.  It's precisely the same as when he said "I'm proud to shut down the government!".  He has taken ownership of the failure to negotiate a deal.  It's that simple.  Your argument that Trump is losing so Nancy has the most to lose makes no sense.  People will blame Trump for this because they blame the person in charge and they blame the person that walked away. Pelosi's hand only strengthened with Trump's outburst.  And Trump flipping the board IS a tactic, I'll agree with that, it's just a terrible one.  It's a real estate strategy where public perception is irrelevant.  It's everything in this deal.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Did it just tank?
    Yep it sure did

I do not. 

Let me be clear - Biden is going to win.  Pelosi can have whatever she wants at that point.  Why not get individuals money they need sooner than later and do away with all the strings attached to it? If Trump is willing to do $1200/adult and you agree why not just do that?  In 3 months, you'll be able to do the rest.  You're not getting it done now. That's the clear unequivocal message he's sent. Does it matter when you get your on-site voter registration (it couldn't be implemented this year anyway)?  Does it matter when you get the States their money?  Why not just do what he's willing to do and tag the rest for January 23 (or whatever date)?

If he wins (extraordinarily unlikely), you aren't getting any of that anyway. 
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,222
    mickeyrat said:
    you know what can help soon enough? restoration of the unreimbursed employee expenses since all those folks are working from home.....
    Yes. I have been working from home since 2006. But I am not self-employed so I get W-2s. But I still have to buy my own computer, printer, printer ink, office equipment, wifi, electricity, etc. I used to be able to deduct that as a home office (even part of my rent). But that went out the window. I still have to pay for all of these things, but no tax deduction.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Did it just tank?
    Yep it sure did

I do not. 

Let me be clear - Biden is going to win.  Pelosi can have whatever she wants at that point.  Why not get individuals money they need sooner than later and do away with all the strings attached to it? If Trump is willing to do $1200/adult and you agree why not just do that?  In 3 months, you'll be able to do the rest.  You're not getting it done now. That's the clear unequivocal message he's sent. Does it matter when you get your on-site voter registration (it couldn't be implemented this year anyway)?  Does it matter when you get the States their money?  Why not just do what he's willing to do and tag the rest for January 23 (or whatever date)?

You're forgetting about the senate.  While there's a good chance Trump loses,  senate is 50/50 at best,  especially with Cal Cunningham shooting himself in the foot. So I get your point,  but I don't think that's the way I would do it in Pelosi's shoes.  Hammer the deal you want or hammer him to ensure he loses,  and takes the senate with him.  Then you've got your deal. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Did it just tank?
    Yep it sure did

I do not. 

You're forgetting about the senate.  While there's a good chance Trump loses,  senate is 50/50 at best,  especially with Cal Cunningham shooting himself in the foot. So I get your point,  but I don't think that's the way I would do it in Pelosi's shoes.  Hammer the deal you want or hammer him to ensure he loses,  and takes the senate with him.  Then you've got your deal. 
    Ok. So you are against getting adults $1,200 ASAP.

Thanks for the clarity.

I was asking what you thought.  Thank you for answering so clearly.
  • Options

Lol. You think he's going quietly?  CNN is going to need something.  My bet is he ends up with a regular spot there and tells us all how they have more viewers than Fox News because of him.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Did it just tank?
    Yep it sure did

I do not. 

Ok. So you are against getting adults $1,200 ASAP.

Thanks for the clarity.

I was asking what you thought.  Thank you for answering so clearly.
    Oh rats, I guess I walked into that trap.  You clever, clever shrew.  I didn't know we were doing junior high debate techniques. 
  • Options
    the consistent self own of trumpsters is the hilarity and irony i need in 2020
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LOL...Carly Fiorina just endorsed Biden...on Fox News

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,001
    Poncier said:
    Also, "we can win in California NOW!" is a new level of delusional.
    He trails by what 30 points in California polls. One of the bluest of blue states.

He might actually be able to win Hell Dorado County- the shithead California county where I live- but if he thinks he can take the state, that's just further proof of how unhinged and off his rocker he is.  Crazy!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    I don't recall whether it's this thread but somewhere is the story about all the Trump signs that truckers are seeing. If we wanna play the anecdote game (we shouldn't but here I go), I sure as hell see a lot more Republicans endorsing Biden than Dems endorsing Trump.

This is like, say, Mayor Pete, Andrew Yang, or Tom Steyer going on MSNBC and endorsing Trump.  

We have Republicans for Biden signs and Ts, famous conservatives endorsing Biden, etc. I know you can find the "walk away" folks on social media, but they voted for Trump four years ago. It seems a few conservatives that don't have seats to protect understand that this is about the health of the Republic and not owning the libs or even "issues."

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    I don't recall whether it's this thread but somewhere is the story about all the Trump signs that truckers are seeing. If we wanna play the anecdote game (we shouldn't but here I go), I sure as hell see a lot more Republicans endorsing Biden than Dems endorsing Trump.

This is like, say, Mayor Pete, Andrew Yang, or Tom Steyer going on MSNBC and endorsing Trump.  

We have Republicans for Biden signs and Ts, famous conservatives endorsing Biden, etc. I know you can find the "walk away" folks on social media, but they voted for Trump four years ago. It seems a few conservatives that don't have seats to protect understand that this is about the health of the Republic and not owning the libs or even "issues."

I think we will see some bigger names endorse Biden as we approach the election. 

This discussion has been closed.