Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,146
    all i care about is where does Clint Eastwood stand. 

=) 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,308
    all i care about is where does Clint Eastwood stand. 

=) 
    he is still standing on a convention stage all alone with an empty chair. he is still yelling at the empty chair.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,069
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    trump's superpower is the uncanny ability to tank the market with a single moronic tweet.
    Did it just tank?
    Yep it sure did

Walking away and refusing to negotiate is almost like he's giving up.  I'm really surprised.
    Would you agree they should pass a laser focused bill that puts $1200 into each adult’s pocket immediately?
    No,  that's the Trump talking point of the hour,  after he figured out that he blew himself up again,  just like the shutdown freak out a few years ago.  

The Democrats want extended unemployment benefits.  The nature of compromise is that you make one.  You don't flip over the game board and walk out like he just did.  Stupid. 
    So you're against giving each adult $1,200?

I didn't ask about Trump or Pelosi's individual negotiation strategies.

Do you think it's a good idea to pass something immediately to put $1,200 in each adults pocket? I guess maybe you answered that - not without a bigger payout.  

To be clear - I'm not saying - to the exclusion of all other ideas. I'm just saying - are you against doing something that immediately gives each adult $1,200 without doing anything else in that bill?
    I would be against giving each adult $1200 without any stipulation or qualifications. 
    People who make over $100k individually or 200k as a family don't need it. People who still have 100% of their income they had last year don't need it.
    Those who make over a certain amount or make 90% of what they did last year, should return the $1200 on the 2020 tax returns. 

• Options
    oh my lord. steve schmidt just gave trump the twitter beatdown of the decade. read the whole rant. i do not know why trump came for schmidt but i am glad he did, haha

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You’ve never beaten me at anything. This is our first dance. <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@realDonaldTrump&lt;/a>. Did you like <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/covita?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#covita</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@ProjectLincoln&lt;/a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@TheRickWilson&lt;/a> <a href="https://twitter.com/stuartpstevens?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@stuartpstevens&lt;/a> <a href="https://twitter.com/reedgalen?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@reedgalen&lt;/a>. We are so much better at this than your team of crooks, wife beaters, degenerates,weirdos and losers. You are losing 1 <a href="https://t.co/w1E9ZvRaYc">https://t.co/w1E9ZvRaYc</a></p>&mdash; Steve Schmidt (@SteveSchmidtSES) <a href="">October 7, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    hairgrowth2001hairgrowth2001 Posts: 360
    edited October 2020
    The $1200 per person was presented as a stimulus for the economy, not necessarily aid for those who need it.
    Post edited by hairgrowth2001 on
  • Options
    sorry, i do not know how to embed tweets without all of the code showing up :(

• Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,014
    LOL...Carly Fiorina just endorsed Biden...on Fox News
    I just watched her interview. Wow. She very articulately stated why Biden is a better choice for the country. Well done. 
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/carly-fiorina-on-why-she-supports-biden-says-hes-a-stronger-leader-and-has-demonstrated-empathy/vi-BB19NoGW
  • Options
    it is basically a twitter fatality though.

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,782
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:
    that was amazing
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,507
    edited October 2020
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    trump's superpower is the uncanny ability to tank the market with a single moronic tweet.
    Did it just tank?
    Yep it sure did

Walking away and refusing to negotiate is almost like he's giving up.  I'm really surprised.
    Would you agree they should pass a laser focused bill that puts $1200 into each adult’s pocket immediately?
    No,  that's the Trump talking point of the hour,  after he figured out that he blew himself up again,  just like the shutdown freak out a few years ago.  

The Democrats want extended unemployment benefits.  The nature of compromise is that you make one.  You don't flip over the game board and walk out like he just did.  Stupid. 

Do you think it's a good idea to pass something immediately to put $1,200 in each adults pocket? I guess maybe you answered that - not without a bigger payout.  

To be clear - I'm not saying - to the exclusion of all other ideas. I'm just saying - are you against doing something that immediately gives each adult $1,200 without doing anything else in that bill?
    I would be against giving each adult $1200 without any stipulation or qualifications. 
    People who make over $100k individually or 200k as a family don't need it. People who still have 100% of their income they had last year don't need it.
    Those who make over a certain amount or make 90% of what they did last year, should return the $1200 on the 2020 tax returns. 

This sounds reasonable.    

What do you think of varying the thresh hold for Cost of Living? Would be a bit of a mess, so maybe that makes it a non-starter. But, assuming that could be worked out - would you think it fair to adjust the $100K thresh hold be varied by area to account for very different cost of living?
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,518
    Kat said:
    that was amazing
    Magnificent...especially considering Trump is a big fan of Evita.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,782
    Kat said:
    This is all so sad and pathetic and didn't need to happen. He needs to get well and be beaten on Election Day. If he dies, they'll make a martyr of him. I can't even express how badly I don't want that to happen. 
    Stay safe all. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,518
    OnWis97 said:
    LOL...Carly Fiorina just endorsed Biden...on Fox News
    I don't recall whether it's this thread but somewhere is the story about all the Trump signs that truckers are seeing. If we wanna play the anecdote game (we shouldn't but here I go), I sure as hell see a lot more Republicans endorsing Biden than Dems endorsing Trump.

This is like, say, Mayor Pete, Andrew Yang, or Tom Steyer going on MSNBC and endorsing Trump.  

We have Republicans for Biden signs and Ts, famous conservatives endorsing Biden, etc. I know you can find the "walk away" folks on social media, but they voted for Trump four years ago. It seems a few conservatives that don't have seats to protect understand that this is about the health of the Republic and not owning the libs or even "issues."

I think we will see some bigger names endorse Biden as we approach the election. 
    I am hoping W comes out for him in a couple weeks. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Did it just tank?
    Yep it sure did

This sounds reasonable.    

What do you think of varying the thresh hold for Cost of Living? Would be a bit of a mess, so maybe that makes it a non-starter. But, assuming that could be worked out - would you think it fair to adjust the $100K thresh hold be varied by area to account for very different cost of living?
    I agree in theory. Makes sense to give the relief/stimulus to anyone who makes a certain amount compared to the average income or cost of living in their county. The only problem with that is this is meant to get out soon. How will it delay if we go by average income per county? You could always leave it up to people to be responsible enough, knowing if they cash the check and make over X they will be forced to return it on their next tax return. That will of course leave lots of people angry at tax time who didn't follow directions, cashed it, bought a new car and now owe $2400 extra in taxes. 
  • Options
    The $1200 per person was presented as a stimulus for the economy, not necessarily aid for those who need it.
    Isn't it both? And there's lots of people spending money right now, lots of people still working the same job and same pay as before. The economy needs a stimulus because the unemployment is high and many working fewer hours than before or took pay cuts because of the virus.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,187
    Except over a third of people just saved it....cause they didn't need it at the moment but had concerns if they lost their jobs.

Stimulating the economy is about having consumer confidence.  If payrolls were guaranteed for small businesses and people kept on payroll...they would have continued living their normal life in what Trump called the best economy ever!  You don't need a stimulus if you protect the economy.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    Kat said:
    Kat said:
    This is all so sad and pathetic and didn't need to happen. He needs to get well and be beaten on Election Day. If he dies, they'll make a martyr of him. I can't even express how badly I don't want that to happen. 
    Stay safe all. 
    This has been my biggest fear about him getting Covid. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,842
    Except over a third of people just saved it....cause they didn't need it at the moment but had concerns if they lost their jobs.

Stimulating the economy is about having consumer confidence.  If payrolls were guaranteed for small businesses and people kept on payroll...they would have continued living their normal life in what Trump called the best economy ever!  You don't need a stimulus if you protect the economy.
    Yes, and/or the extension of the unemployment insurance.  Instead Trump pushes for $1200 which is fairly useless and gives everyone the money, even those that don't need it.  And he pushes for the payroll tax holiday, which is even stupider.  If you're not working, you don't have payroll tax.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,417

OHHHHHHHH, you mean like what Pelisi is pushing for in the already house passed bill that McConnell refused(s) to bring to committee or a floor vote......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,396
    mrussel1 said:

Yes, and/or the extension of the unemployment insurance.  Instead Trump pushes for $1200 which is fairly useless and gives everyone the money, even those that don't need it.  And he pushes for the payroll tax holiday, which is even stupider.  If you're not working, you don't have payroll tax.  
    Plus his big payroll tax break he signed by Executive Order a couple months ago is merely a deferral.
    Anyone who has not been having Soc. Securty etc, deducted from their paycheck since the order will have to pony up the full amount they haven't paid in January the way it stands now. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,183
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    edited October 2020
    Even before Covid 19 was a thing, I always steadfastly did not want Trump to die (given his age and general health and lifestyle...). I think it's important to have him go out disgracefully.  Dying is martyrdom and national mourning. Losing an election should go further toward killing his movement.
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,344
    I think resigning is better than losing the election because then he can still blame the media and the left for forcing him out. It allows the fable to live on. Doesn't matter though because he'll never resign.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    no way he resigns. no way. his narcissism and ego won't allow it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    this right here.

i doubt the truthfulness of that tweet by the way. how can he carry on the campaign without those people? those are the ones that made him.

• Options
    i do too. it reads to me like just speculation though.

• Options
    GOP source with white house ties could literally be any one of thousands of nobodies. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,183
    That's what I think too...it does make me wonder if Pence would pardon him if he did resign.  I would be surprised if Pence crossed that line.

But not real surprised.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
This discussion has been closed.