Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    he is obviously going to press hard framing:

Biden as the guy who will shut everything down and keep it that way....

versus

Trump, who will make sure we immediately have normal life begin again.  Kids in school, tailgating at football games, no masks, rallies, etc...
    I can't understand how people could see this and be like..."See Covid's not so bad.  If I get it I just get a helicopter ride to my own personal suite.  I get a team of doctors, all the latest equipment and even experimental drugs.  The after a few days, even though I'm still visibly not well and breathing is hard I will go back to WORK!!!!"
    It's baffling.  210,000 people have died but Trump (is tricking them into believing that he) has gotten better quickly so they're like "pfffft...it's nothing; an inconvenient four days."  I think the following things play into it: The cult-like devotion to Trump; the ignorance of data in favor of anecdotes (that tell the story they hope to hear); unwillingness to admit to being wrong about anything ever; just plain lack of critical thinking.

And, just to look like a tough guy, Trump is telling people that it was no big deal; people that he knows would follow him off of a cliff.  This might be the most irresponsible thing he's ever done (though the competition for that distinction is quite fierce).

They believe that the Covid story is overblown by the "media" and the "left" in order to make trump look bad and lose the election.  They believe the 'story' will vanish after election day.

I have heard the anecdote about the person in hospice with Cancer who got covid while dying and the death counted as a Covid death like 50 times, whether its an Aunt, Grandpa, Friend's dad, friend who works in a hospital told me, etc.  

So they do not believe it is 210,000.  They believe its roughly in line with the flu.  Now Trump going down for a few days and "felling better than he has in 20 years" will just confirm that.  
    They think it’s less than the flu because “they are counting all flu deaths as corona virus deaths” as I’ve been told. Truly crazy
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    MayDay10 said:

versus

Trump, who will make sure we immediately have normal life begin again.  Kids in school, tailgating at football games, no masks, rallies, etc...
    I can't understand how people could see this and be like..."See Covid's not so bad.  If I get it I just get a helicopter ride to my own personal suite.  I get a team of doctors, all the latest equipment and even experimental drugs.  The after a few days, even though I'm still visibly not well and breathing is hard I will go back to WORK!!!!"
    It doesn't matter.
    Just like 2016, people will vote for him with smiles on their faces and blame liberals for leaving them with no choice... something about 'liberal elitism' or some nonsense, which is priceless considering the whole 'party of personal responsibility' bullshit.

• Options
    goldrush said:
    Seattle photographer Charles Peterson posted this on Instagram earlier:

I love how some of these people act like this is the first time they have backed a politician.  Must not have been around for VFC “Kerry is less scary” tour.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,168
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

versus

It's baffling.  210,000 people have died but Trump (is tricking them into believing that he) has gotten better quickly so they're like "pfffft...it's nothing; an inconvenient four days."  I think the following things play into it: The cult-like devotion to Trump; the ignorance of data in favor of anecdotes (that tell the story they hope to hear); unwillingness to admit to being wrong about anything ever; just plain lack of critical thinking.

And, just to look like a tough guy, Trump is telling people that it was no big deal; people that he knows would follow him off of a cliff.  This might be the most irresponsible thing he's ever done (though the competition for that distinction is quite fierce).

They believe that the Covid story is overblown by the "media" and the "left" in order to make trump look bad and lose the election.  They believe the 'story' will vanish after election day.

I have heard the anecdote about the person in hospice with Cancer who got covid while dying and the death counted as a Covid death like 50 times, whether its an Aunt, Grandpa, Friend's dad, friend who works in a hospital told me, etc.  

So they do not believe it is 210,000.  They believe its roughly in line with the flu.  Now Trump going down for a few days and "felling better than he has in 20 years" will just confirm that.  
    is there not some truth to that?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited October 2020
    man, i can't fucking wait until nov 4. 
    We will know two things on November 4:
    1. Jack
    2. Shit
    https://youtu.be/AytDzZ2ecCc
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,044
    An article I read this morning got me to worrying, something I rarely do (OK, that last part is totally false, haha!)  HOw likely are these things to happen?

"There is now a very real danger of a vicious cycle. Desperation fuels Trump’s unpopularity, which triggers more desperation. Americans are already exhausted by October surprises, and the nation is only five days into the month. The calendar is unfurling towards the 3 November vote with a president who has little to lose from gambling.

The principal victims of his lack of empathy so far have been the concentric circles of supporters around him. In the coming weeks the collateral damage from his panic is likely to spread further afield. The president is already openly calling his supporters to gather at the polls as “watchers” on election day, and primed them to expect a vote rigged against their leader.

No one doubts now that he would take chaos and bloodshed over defeat, and the implications may not stop at the nation’s shore, with the greatest fear being a combination of a foreign adversary seeking to exploit a weakened administration, and a commander in chief ready to do anything to avoid looking weak."

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    An article I read this morning got me to worrying, something I rarely do (OK, that last part is totally false, haha!)  HOw likely are these things to happen?

"There is now a very real danger of a vicious cycle. Desperation fuels Trump’s unpopularity, which triggers more desperation. Americans are already exhausted by October surprises, and the nation is only five days into the month. The calendar is unfurling towards the 3 November vote with a president who has little to lose from gambling.

The principal victims of his lack of empathy so far have been the concentric circles of supporters around him. In the coming weeks the collateral damage from his panic is likely to spread further afield. The president is already openly calling his supporters to gather at the polls as “watchers” on election day, and primed them to expect a vote rigged against their leader.

No one doubts now that he would take chaos and bloodshed over defeat, and the implications may not stop at the nation’s shore, with the greatest fear being a combination of a foreign adversary seeking to exploit a weakened administration, and a commander in chief ready to do anything to avoid looking weak."

So basically the Trumpocalypse
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    dankind said:
    man, i can't fucking wait until nov 4. 
    We will know two things on November 4:
    1. Jack
    2. Shit
    https://youtu.be/AytDzZ2ecCc
    unless it's a blowout. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

versus

Has it happened?  Maybe?  It is one of those garbage anecdotal accounts that everyone hears, watches a youtube vid, or reads on the internet and then passes it off as their own experience and expertise.  Its the same method used by all the idiots wage war on vaccinations.  

I doubt there is a conspiracy for doctors to count as many deaths as possible as Covid to make Donald Trump look bad.  
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

versus

Has it happened?  Maybe?  It is one of those garbage anecdotal accounts that everyone hears, watches a youtube vid, or reads on the internet and then passes it off as their own experience and expertise.  Its the same method used by all the idiots wage war on vaccinations.  

I doubt there is a conspiracy for doctors to count as many deaths as possible as Covid to make Donald Trump look bad.  
    no, i don't think it's a conspiracy thing. I can't recall where I heard or read it, or if it's even reputable. i just thought I had read that if you have two morbitities, and one is covid, it's listed as a covid death. obviously not if you are positive and get hit by a bus, but like something like you mentioned. I'd have to look into this to confirm/debunk it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I’m starting to think this is Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat’s way out. He knows he’s going to lose the election. He knows he’s broke and the billionaire facade is crumbling. He knows he’s going to jail after he leaves office. He knows Melania doesn’t love him and that the people he associates with despise him and that he’ll never be accepted at the “wealthy elite” level because of who and what he is (imagine having to spend time with “friends” like Lindsey Flimsy Flip Flop Faloozy Graham and Matt Getts, who would have punched him on the playground). What better way to go out than be a POTUS who died while in office “fighting for the ‘Murican people?” Every other option is much less than that and so much more humiliating, pathetic and painful. The glory of the funeral procession, burial in Palm Springs at his golf club, all the elites having to say nice things and give accolades and the steady stream of deplorables paying respect. What better way is there for Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat to leave the WH?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

versus

no, i don't think it's a conspiracy thing. I can't recall where I heard or read it, or if it's even reputable. i just thought I had read that if you have two morbitities, and one is covid, it's listed as a covid death. obviously not if you are positive and get hit by a bus, but like something like you mentioned. I'd have to look into this to confirm/debunk it. 

There probably have been some cases where someone had a terminal condition and COVID was attributed as the cause of death, but IMO the excess mortality rate for the US in 2020 speaks for itself.
  • Options

MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

versus

There probably have been some cases where someone had a terminal condition and COVID was attributed as the cause of death, but IMO the excess mortality rate for the US in 2020 speaks for itself.
    yeah, I wasn't thinking it was a significant amount, or even a blip. just curious if it's done that way in any case. i found this:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

versus

The other conspiracy is if they count it as a covid death their hospital gets $$$.  When you then bring up that if what they say is true that is a major argument against for profit health care, their brains really start smoking.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,198
    edited October 2020
    If you have not seen "The Comey Rule" on Showtime I highly recommend it.  Even if you have to subscribe to the channel for one month it is worth it.  It's a two episode (total of 4 hours) docudrama about the days leading up to the election through when Comey testified to Congress after he was fired.

You are likely familiar with the main story but seeing it develop behind the scenes was very interesting.

Conclusions:
    Reince Preibus is a fucking piece of shit.
    Rod Rosenstein let himself get walked on by tRump.
    Jeff Sessions is a complete pussy who let tRump walk all over him.

I'm still not sure how to view Comey but it does give some narrative as to why he felt like what he did was necessary.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    The thing with the count is dipshits that want to subtract every case with underlying conditions instead of applying some tiny bit of logic. They also love to ignore the fact that disease and death are monetized for both noble and despicable causes.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited October 2020

It's not too late to order the 'Trump defeats COVID' coin for US$100

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/its-not-too-late-to-order-the-trump-defeats-covid-coin-for-us100?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR10i9mrAwpgzdD0otOZQnZXRAal4OwVc9XF7LL65q2DKK38gqO1HPEOP3U#Echobox=1601996948

Here you go. Sold at the WH gift shop...(ADDED by Admin, This is not something from the White House as it says on that page. "The White House Gift Shop — which is not affiliated with the White House—")
    Post edited by Kat on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

versus

Meanwhile, I've lived for 40 years with asthma. If I catch Covid next week and die next month, there are people that would like to attribute that to asthma and not Covid (like that little CDC "leak" that suggested only 10,000 people had died.

And, yeah, that is a...well not a conspiracy so much as a deliberate manipulation to make Trump look good and to "help the economy."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

versus

Meanwhile, I've lived for 40 years with asthma. If I catch Covid next week and die next month, there are people that would like to attribute that to asthma and not Covid (like that little CDC "leak" that suggested only 10,000 people had died.

And, yeah, that is a...well not a conspiracy so much as a deliberate manipulation to make Trump look good and to "help the economy."

Spot on... plenty of people can live productive lives with asthma, diabetes, mild obesity & many other conditions.... but I've seen many conservative pundits suggest these are co-morbidities which shouldn't count as covid deaths...

At the end of the day, it's just one more conservative talking point aimed at minimizing the impact of a virus that's turning out to be a pretty frigging major mass mortality event for this country (4th largest if I'm not mistaken?).  

• Options
    Can you imagine the mindset of a person that would buy such a coin?  I can't imagine how much money some poor idiots spend on tRUmp.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    edited October 2020
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

versus

This is true.  I have a co-morbidity but it's completely managed.  However, if I got COVID and died, I should be listed as a COVID death.  It would be different if a person truly was in hospice.  That would be up to the hospital or whomever on how to list the cause of death.  If a person has AIDS and they die of Pneumonia, that death was precipitated by AIDS.  Under the way these Trumpies think things should work, AIDS would have been a benign disease since you don't technically die of it.  I'm pretty sure that's right, not an expert. 
  • Options
    I stalked one of my tRumpster FB friends...they are still going on about how the media is driving the COVID frenzy.  It's real but probably only 20,000 deaths.

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,429
    edited October 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

versus

This is true.  I have a co-morbidity but it's completely managed.  However, if I got COVID and died, I should be listed as a COVID death.  It would be different if a person truly was in hospice.  That would be up to the hospital or whomever on how to list the cause of death.  If a person has AIDS and they die of Pneumonia, that death was precipitated by AIDS.  Under the way these Trumpies think things should work, AIDS would have been a benign disease since you don't technically die of it.  I'm pretty sure that's right, not an expert. 
    Right. It’s like some of the hardcore smokers I have in my family, that don’t believe smoking is bad. People die of lung cancer, but Smoking isn’t the cause, it’s bad genes or something. It’s baffling, and it’s not worth arguing with them either.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    Can you imagine the mindset of a person that would buy such a coin?  I can't imagine how much money some poor idiots spend on tRUmp.
    https://oilandgassafetysupply.com/products/trump-handcrafted-custom-full-brim-hard-hat?_pos=1&_sid=bb994481d&_ss=r
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

versus

Right. It’s like some of the hardcore smokers I have in my family, that don’t believe smoking is bad. People die of lung cancer, but Smoking isn’t the cause, it’s bad genes or something. It’s baffling, and it’s not worth arguing with them either.
    they look at anecdotal evidence of the few outliers that smoke a pack a day for 70 years and live to 100. i actually am related to two of those. two married chronic smokers and alcoholics that have been that way for decades. both approaching their 90's. still both living in a house unassisted. it's kind of nuts. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

versus

they look at anecdotal evidence of the few outliers that smoke a pack a day for 70 years and live to 100. i actually am related to two of those. two married chronic smokers and alcoholics that have been that way for decades. both approaching their 90's. still both living in a house unassisted. it's kind of nuts. 
    Hey good for you! You have those genes!  I have cholesterol generating genes. Not so good. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

versus

Death certificates take these issues into account. Death certificates in the jurisdiction where I work have sections for the immediate cause of death, the underlying cause of death, and other associated factors that contribute to the death but aren't the proximal cause. So in your example, pneumonia would be the immediate cause of death and AIDS the underlying cause of death, and other comorbidities would also be listed if relevant.

In the case of a covid death, how the form was filled out would depend on the specific circumstances of death. If someone was actually in the final stages of dying of cancer, for instance, and also got covid, then likely the cancer would be listed as the immediate cause of death and covid as a contributing factor, but if the person had cancer and was expected to have a life expectancy of at least weeks to months or more still and then got covid and died, then yes, covid would be the immediate cause of death and the cancer the underlying cause. That's no different than if the same person died of another infectious disease while having cancer. 

From the handbook Medical Certification of Death and Stillbirth:

Part I of the MCOD is for reporting the chronological chain of events leading directly to death, with the immediate cause on line a) and the underlying cause (the disease that initiated the chain of events) on the lowest used line. Part II is for reporting all other significant diseases or conditions that contributed to death but which did not result in the underlying cause of death (UCOD) reported in Part I. As well, this handbook’s Supplementary Information section offers more in-depth.

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,079

MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

versus

yeah, I wasn't thinking it was a significant amount, or even a blip. just curious if it's done that way in any case. i found this:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
    I've been a little curious about this. I've heard the same thing, that covid was listed as the cause when it was a comorbidity. 
    I think it only matters in terms of comparison. Would be nice to know how other countries count their deaths when we are being compared on a daily basis. 
    Two things make me wonder if it has a bigger impact.
    60% of covid deaths are for people 75 and older.  How many of those had pneumonia or something else and would have died with or without covid? 
    And the fact our hospitals were never over run and we never ran out of ventilators like we feared. How is a country like Italy who did have those problems not have higher numbers? They are possibly under reporting.
    I don't say this to claim its a hoax or no big deal, but like I said for comparison purposes. If we're being compared to the workd every day, there should be a world standard on how to measure this.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    trump's superpower is the uncanny ability to tank the market with a single moronic tweet.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    trump's superpower is the uncanny ability to tank the market with a single moronic tweet.
    Did it just tank?
    Scio me nihil scire

This discussion has been closed.