Donald Trump

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    face it. we're fucked.

there is nothing that can be done. the stupidest man to ever hold the office gets 3 fucking justices. a man that did not win the popular vote, backed by a party that did not win the popular vote, gets to seat 3 justices for probably at least 30 years each. fuck this bullshit.

Gimme, do you see anyway the Dems can block Trump from selecting a Justice?  Is there anyway to avoid being so royally fucked for so long?

Like many of us, I'm having a real hard time dealing with this possibility.  It just seems so fucking lame that this country got to this point.  Is there no hope?  Are we really such a fucked up nation that we can't find some way to level out the bullshit? 

I know I'm guilty of making these issues too personal and anyone could rightfully tell me to "get over" myself, but I know I'm not alone in saying I feel hopeless, that I'm tied up in knots, that it's all just to goddamn real to make sense. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    brianlux said:
    face it. we're fucked.

there is nothing that can be done. the stupidest man to ever hold the office gets 3 fucking justices. a man that did not win the popular vote, backed by a party that did not win the popular vote, gets to seat 3 justices for probably at least 30 years each. fuck this bullshit.

Gimme, do you see anyway the Dems can block Trump from selecting a Justice?  Is there anyway to avoid being so royally fucked for so long?

Like many of us, I'm having a real hard time dealing with this possibility.  It just seems so fucking lame that this country got to this point.  Is there no hope?  Are we really such a fucked up nation that we can't find some way to level out the bullshit? 

I know I'm guilty of making these issues too personal and anyone could rightfully tell me to "get over" myself, but I know I'm not alone in saying I feel hopeless, that I'm tied up in knots, that it's all just to goddamn real to make sense. 
    Like @mrussel1 said, McConnell will just push it through and flout norms just because they aren’t in the constitution explicitly.  The only hope is a Biden victory and retaking the senate and expanding the court, something that the past 20 years of politics tells me that the Dems don’t actually have the backbone to do.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brianlux said:
    face it. we're fucked.

honestly, brian, if it's causing you this much distress, something you can't control except your own vote, then just tune it out. turn off the news and stay away from AMT for a while. focus on what you can control; your own life. this is the only place I go to now; i quit twitter and facebook and it's done a world of good. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux said:
    face it. we're fucked.

honestly, brian, if it's causing you this much distress, something you can't control except your own vote, then just tune it out. turn off the news and stay away from AMT for a while. focus on what you can control; your own life. this is the only place I go to now; i quit twitter and facebook and it's done a world of good. 

Haha!  I am laughing at myself!  I can't tell you have many times I have said, "Ah, fuck this shit!  I'm not doing it any more," and then before I know it, I go back and see what's going on.  I don't know- maybe it's a character flaw, a news/internet addiction kind of thing. 

The thing is, I've been tuned into current events related to environment, politics, and justice for so long it seems almost impossible to not give a shit.  But it really is starting to feel unhealthy.

IN any case, I like your advice a lot and greatly appreciate it.  I will try to do better that way, thank you!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    face it. we're fucked.

Haha!  I am laughing at myself!  I can't tell you have many times I have said, "Ah, fuck this shit!  I'm not doing it any more," and then before I know it, I go back and see what's going on.  I don't know- maybe it's a character flaw, a news/internet addiction kind of thing. 

The thing is, I've been tuned into current events related to environment, politics, and justice for so long it seems almost impossible to not give a shit.  But it really is starting to feel unhealthy.

IN any case, I like your advice a lot and greatly appreciate it.  I will try to do better that way, thank you!
    they've made it addicting for a reason, as you know, the news is big business.  it's so difficult to turn it off and tune it out, i know. but we all try the best we can. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• I just can't take it any more. I just can't. It's one blow after another with this fuck head president and it just gets worse and worse. What does rock bottom look like? Nov 3? 
    I just can't take it any more. I just can't. It's one blow after another with this fuck head president and it just gets worse and worse. What does rock bottom look like? Nov 3? 
    no, rock bottom will be sometime in december after he's lost and he's still frothing at the mouth yelling at anyone who will listen how it was rigged and that biden should be in prison and his minions roam the streets looking for democrats. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I just can't take it any more. I just can't. It's one blow after another with this fuck head president and it just gets worse and worse. What does rock bottom look like? Nov 3? 
    no, rock bottom will be sometime in december after he's lost and he's still frothing at the mouth yelling at anyone who will listen how it was rigged and that biden should be in prison and his minions roam the streets looking for democrats. 
    And his packed court overturns the election and hands him another term.
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    i know we've been saying this phrase for years now, but I don't see that happening. i mean, i know what happened in 2000, but i can't imagine even kavanaugh will vote for that if there's zero evidence of voter fraud and it's undeniable. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

static111 said:
    i know we've been saying this phrase for years now, but I don't see that happening. i mean, i know what happened in 2000, but i can't imagine even kavanaugh will vote for that if there's zero evidence of voter fraud and it's undeniable. 
    Just like we all believed there were resistance republicans.  They are showing their true colors and the Supreme Court soon will as well.  And they will say as they are grabbing the power that it is the other side that is in it for the power
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Just like we all believed there were resistance republicans.  They are showing their true colors and the Supreme Court soon will as well.  And they will say as they are grabbing the power that it is the other side that is in it for the power
    i know what you're saying, but SCJ's are a different animal. they aren't politicians (yet, anyway, unless trump nominates Tom Cotton, LOL). they follow the law. they don't always interpret it in the way we'd like, but they are still respectable professional judges. i just can't see them overturning a "duly elected president" without AMPLE evidence that it was fraudulent. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• bootlegbootleg Posts: 433
    brianlux said:
    face it. we're fucked.

Dude, I’m right there with you.   It pains me deeply that the country has got to this point.  I try not to let it affect me so much but it just does.  It’s like a low grade depression that’s just kind of there hovering in the background.  I think the hope right now is that there are still more of us then there is of them.  We’ve got to turn out the vote in ways never seen before.  And not just for president but up and down the ballot.  Take them all out of office and then never again let this happen again.  If we don’t do it now we may never be able to recover.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    i know what you're saying, but SCJ's are a different animal. they aren't politicians (yet, anyway, unless trump nominates Tom Cotton, LOL). they follow the law. they don't always interpret it in the way we'd like, but they are still respectable professional judges. i just can't see them overturning a "duly elected president" without AMPLE evidence that it was fraudulent. 
    I agree with this. But don't think for a second that deputy dipshit is not already trying to scheme together a case to present to the SC.  Hell, look at the seeds of doubt he's already been attempting to sow. Surely Biden is (or should) be doing the same thing with regards to putting together a case to present. However, if both sides present a solid case, there is no doubt who the SC would favor. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    edited September 2020
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    I agree. The Court overwhelming (9-0) told Trump to get bent regarding complying with subpoenas. The situation in Florida in 2000 needed to be resolved otherwise they would still be counting ballots down there. Although the decision may not have went the way some wanted, it ensured a peaceful transfer of power. I don’t see the SC throwing the precedent of transferring power or how a state certifies their election results out the window due to personal party affiliation. The goons will try, but they will fail.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    edited September 2020
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    I agree. The Court overwhelming (9-0) told Trump to get bent regarding complying with subpoenas. The situation in Florida in 2000 needed to be resolved otherwise they would still be counting ballots down there. Although the decision may not have went the way some wanted, it ensured a peaceful transfer of power. I don’t see the SC throwing the precedent of transferring power or how a state certifies their election results out the window due to personal party affiliation. The goons will try, but they will fail.
    There are other ways.  GOP-led swing states could be persuaded to send loyal electors.  The major electoral college flaw will be uncovered but we'll be a dictatorship.

I don't know exactly what's going to happen with the election. But Donald J. Trump will be inaugurated for his second term on January 20.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    There are other ways.  GOP-led swing states could be persuaded to send loyal electors.  The major electoral college flaw will be uncovered but we'll be a dictatorship.

I don't know exactly what's going to happen with the election. But Donald J. Trump will be inaugurated for his second term on January 20.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/betting_odds/2020_president/

Place your bets
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

Thanks for posting the link to that article.  I appreciate the sense of doom it provided. Really lifted my spirits. 
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

Thanks for posting the link to that article.  I appreciate the sense of doom it provided. Really lifted my spirits. 
    my god did it ever! LOL. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I'm curious as to how tRump will handle leaving office in he loses.  I can't imagine a situation where tRump would go to Biden's inauguration.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I'm curious as to how tRump will handle leaving office in he loses.  I can't imagine a situation where tRump would go to Biden's inauguration.  
    he'll probably rape another teenager. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I would pay for a pay-per-view if he would actually need to be removed physically. If somehow Biden ends up being inaugurated, Trump will take it like a petulant whiny baby; that his supporters will view it as strength is amazing.  But I can't imagine them not crying and whining to the very end.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:

I would pay for a pay-per-view if he would actually need to be removed physically. If somehow Biden ends up being inaugurated, Trump will take it like a petulant whiny baby; that his supporters will view it as strength is amazing.  But I can't imagine them not crying and whining to the very end.
    and on january 21st, twitter bans him permanently, leading to the biggest whine fest the country has ever seen. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

His claims of "if I lose the election was fixed" is pretty disturbing.  Everything about him is disturbing.  

I really can't believe the election might be as close as it appears to be now.  How can people be so stupid?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    arents both sides thinking that? I thought both sides are massing lawyers to appeal the results either way.
    mace1229 said:
    arents both sides thinking that? I thought both sides are massing lawyers to appeal the results either way.
    It is normal for a campaign to prepare for challenging results if circumstances warrant it.  It isn't normal for one of the candidates to make statements like tRump is making.

It's the same shit he said four years ago of course.  But now he has much more to lose.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    mace1229 said:
    It is normal for a campaign to prepare for challenging results if circumstances warrant it.  It isn't normal for one of the candidates to make statements like tRump is making.

It's the same shit he said four years ago of course.  But now he has much more to lose.
    @mace1229, I respect you for always trying to play devils advocate with this stuff, but man, you can't see the difference? Obviously both sides HAVE to line up lawyers but Trump is, on a daily basis, telling the world that the only way he loses if if the election is rigged. He's denigrating the vote by mail system. He's making it harder for people to vote by mail. He's doing all of these things, how in the hell is this happening on "both sides?"
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mace1229 said:

Yeah...Al Gore, who I believe was cheated, eventually conceded because he was running out of options and for the good of the nation.

Hillary conceded (not that she really had much of a beef).  I believe, if applicable, Biden will do the same.  Will Trump?  I'll believe it when I see it.  And candidate ever spent so much time (or any time) talking about how the upcoming election is going to be rigged. There was some shady shit going on in 2000 in Florida but at no time did Al Gore try to incite followers over it.  Let's just see what Trump does...again, if applicable.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mace1229 said:

I anticipate, and I think many others as well, for neither side to concede and put up a legal fight, whether the circumstances warrant it or not. I think this is going to be very messy for several months. 
  • mace1229 said:

Yes, both parties have "vote count" watchers, for lack of a better term, poll watchers, who look for irregularities in how the polls operate and lawyers and individuals trained to contest ballots, which are then set aside and examined more closely, by both sides. If counted or rejected, either side's lawyers will appeal through whatever appeal process the state has in place. The difference this time around is Team Trump Treason is doing everything in his power to undermine the credibility of existing protocols and to encourage his followers to intimidate and disrupt polling places. Add to that, that repub board of elections will fuck with things, either with folks left off of rolls, questioning IDs, "missing" ballots from dem districts, tons of machines and poll workers in repub district polling places and few in dem district polling places, leading to short/long lines and waits/no waits, etc., you can see how they could steal it. We just had the USSC reject potentially 2% of mail in ballots in PA. That's all it takes.

We need UN election monitors. Where's Jimmy Carter when you need him?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.