Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Trump Just Signed an Executive Order Claiming That Anti-Racism Is the Real Racism

The new order takes aim at anti-racism training, or as the White House calls it, "offensive and anti-American race and sex stereotyping and scapegoating."

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/y3z8m5/trump-just-signed-an-executive-order-claiming-that-anti-racism-is-the-real-racism?utm_medium=vicenewsig&utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-vicenews&utm_content=later-10385243&utm_source=instagram
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    I'm curious as to how tRump will handle leaving office in he loses.  I can't imagine a situation where tRump would go to Biden's inauguration.  
    don't even worry about it because one way or another trump is not leaving the white house. he is going to either win, or have it stolen for him.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    ikiT said:

Trump Just Signed an Executive Order Claiming That Anti-Racism Is the Real Racism

The new order takes aim at anti-racism training, or as the White House calls it, "offensive and anti-American race and sex stereotyping and scapegoating."

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/y3z8m5/trump-just-signed-an-executive-order-claiming-that-anti-racism-is-the-real-racism?utm_medium=vicenewsig&utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-vicenews&utm_content=later-10385243&utm_source=instagram
    No racism here. No problems, racism doesn't exist. At all. And DOJ reform under CYA Barr? Forget about it, his boss said racism doesn't exist.

Police in the United States kill far more people than do police in other advanced industrial democracies (13). While a substantial body of evidence shows that people of color, especially African Americans, are at greater risk for experiencing criminal justice contact and police-involved harm than are whites (1419), we lack basic estimates of the prevalence of police-involved deaths, largely due to the absence of definitive official data. Journalists have stepped into this void and initiated a series of systematic efforts to track police-involved killings. These data enable a richer understanding of the geographic and demographic patterning of police violence (17) and an evaluation of the magnitude of exposure to police violence over the life course.

Our results show that people of color face a higher likelihood of being killed by police than do white men and women, that risk peaks in young adulthood, and that men of color face a nontrivial lifetime risk of being killed by police.

displays the ratio of lifetime risk for each racial–ethnic group relative to risk for whites for both men and women. Note that a rate ratio of 1 indicates equality in mortality risk relative to whites. The highest levels of inequality in mortality risk are experienced by black men. Black men are about 2.5 times more likely to be killed by police over the life course than are white men. Black women are about 1.4 times more likely to be killed by police than are white women. Although risks are estimated with less precision for American Indian/Alaska Native men and women than for other groups, we show that they face a higher lifetime risk of being killed by police than do whites. American Indian men are between 1.2 and 1.7 times more likely to be killed by police than are white men, and American Indian women are between 1.1 and 2.1 times more likely to be killed by police than are white women. Latino men are between 1.3 and 1.4 times more likely to be killed by police than are white men, but Latina women are between 12% and 23% less likely to be killed by police than are white women. Both Asian/Pacific Islander men and women are more than 50% less likely to be killed by police than are white men and women, respectively.

Among all groups, black men and boys face the highest lifetime risk of being killed by police. Our models predict that about 1 in 1,000 black men and boys will be killed by police over the life course (96 [77, 120] per 100,000). We predict that between 36 and 81 American Indian/Alaska Native men and boys per 100,000 will be killed by police over the life course. Latino men and boys have an estimated risk of being killed by police of about 53 per 100,000 [41, 67]. Asian/Pacific Islander men and boys face a lifetime risk of between 9 and 23 per 100,000, while white men and boys face a lifetime risk of about 39 [31, 48] per 100,000.

Between the ages of 25 y and 29 y, black men are killed by police at a rate between 2.8 and 4.1 per 100,000, American Indian and Alaska Native men are killed at a rate between 1.5 and 2.8 per 100,000, Asian/Pacific Islander men are killed by police at a rate between 0.3 and 0.6 per 100,000, Latino men at a rate between 1.4 and 2.2 per 100,000, and white men at a rate between 0.9 and 1.4 per 100,000. Inequalities in risk persist throughout the life course.

Our analysis shows that the risk of being killed by police is jointly patterned by one’s race, gender, and age. Police violence is a leading cause of death for young men, and young men of color face exceptionally high risk of being killed by police. Inequalities in risk are pronounced throughout the life course. This study reinforces calls to treat police violence as a public health issue (14). Racially unequal exposure to the risk of state violence has profound consequences for public health, democracy, and racial stratification (57911).

The absence of authoritative official data is a key challenge in reducing police violence. The Bureau of Justice Statistics should renew efforts to develop comprehensive systems to track officer-involved deaths (440). Both the public interest and social science are served by increasing transparency with regard to police use of force. Using such data, the research community has made strides in identifying officers most at risk of being involved in cases of excessive force (41) and system failures that result in civilian deaths (42).

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Dang!! Pretty fascist, y’all!!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I am so freaking excited for the first debate next week! You guys too?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    Meh.. I hate debates that are zinger contests.  I'd rather a one on one with Tim Russert for an hour or two.  Or Chris Wallace.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Meh.. I hate debates that are zinger contests.  I'd rather a one on one with Tim Russert for an hour or two.  Or Chris Wallace.  
    Those would be good too! I just like how objective the debates are. You get the same question (hopefully) asked in the same way to each person.  You have the nerves of being live with no teleprompters or help, no breaks, and it’s 90 minutes!  That’s a long time for anyone- shit, I’m betting that Biden only stays rational for 45 minutes of it- 90 minutes standing is way too long for him, he’ll get pissed at all the Trump jabs at him that he’ll fly off the handle quickly.  Trump will go off tangent/off topic because he just babbles and babbles, it’s seriously going to be a hoot.  Entertainment value is high when two old white guys argue.  Shit, I’m guessing that Biden will contradict himself at least 5 times with things he said earlier in the 90 minutes. Getting old isn’t a pretty sight.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Those would be good too! I just like how objective the debates are. You get the same question (hopefully) asked in the same way to each person.  You have the nerves of being live with no teleprompters or help, no breaks, and it’s 90 minutes!  That’s a long time for anyone- shit, I’m betting that Biden only stays rational for 45 minutes of it- 90 minutes standing is way too long for him, he’ll get pissed at all the Trump jabs at him that he’ll fly off the handle quickly.  Trump will go off tangent/off topic because he just babbles and babbles, it’s seriously going to be a hoot.  Entertainment value is high when two old white guys argue.  Shit, I’m guessing that Biden will contradict himself at least 5 times with things he said earlier in the 90 minutes. Getting old isn’t a pretty sight.
    I suggest you go back and watch Biden debate Sanders one on one for 2 hours.  He more than held his own against a person who is as fiery as Trump, but also has actual command of the facts.  Polls after show that people thought Biden won.  

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mrussel1 said:
    this narrative is getting tired. it's based in no reality. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,296
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I suggest you go back and watch Biden debate Sanders one on one for 2 hours.  He more than held his own against a person who is as fiery as Trump, but also has actual command of the facts.  Polls after show that people thought Biden won.  

Lol

Trump essentially lost a townhall to the audience members last week.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Lol

LMAO. true enough.. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Lol

Ha!  That's awesome.  
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Unfortunately, any debate involving Trump devolves in to one liners and zingers because that is his norm for communication. Maybe less rallies and pandering interviews from Fox would make him more knowledgeable and able to discuss issues. Presidential debates shouldn't be for entertainment purposes, but even Trump supporters prefer watching to see how man "funny" things he will say. It's pathetic. I'm sure Joe will say some off hand nonsense too, but it won't be the main point of any of his responses whereas that's where Trump lives.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Unfortunately, any debate involving Trump devolves in to one liners and zingers because that is his norm for communication. Maybe less rallies and pandering interviews from Fox would make him more knowledgeable and able to discuss issues. Presidential debates shouldn't be for entertainment purposes, but even Trump supporters prefer watching to see how man "funny" things he will say. It's pathetic. I'm sure Joe will say some off hand nonsense too, but it won't be the main point of any of his responses whereas that's where Trump lives.
    The old saying is never truer than here... "Never argue with a crazy person (sic).  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience". 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    mrussel1 said:
    There is little doubt that you will see it that way.  You will ignore all of the ridiculous BS and verbal gaffes that tRump says and focus on Biden making a verbal gaffe.

It is hilarious that tRumpsters will yap about Biden and ignore that tRump did not recognize the name of the most famous national park in history when it came up on his teleprompter.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    There is little doubt that you will see it that way.  You will ignore all of the ridiculous BS and verbal gaffes that tRump says and focus on Biden making a verbal gaffe.

It is hilarious that tRumpsters will yap about Biden and ignore that tRump did not recognize the name of the most famous national park in history when it came up on his teleprompter.
    i'm surprised he didn't call it Jellystone. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    mrussel1 said:

"YO SEMITES!! WHERE MY SEMITES AT, YO??"
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:

Where I’ve had many fine pick a nic baskets!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Where I’ve had many fine pick a nic baskets!
    "melania, makes the best sandwiches anywhere in the world....melania? where is she? there she is! take a bow honey. you deserve it. the best sandwiches, folks, the BEST"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I haven’t watched it but I’m definitely going to, thanks!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I was just typing my thoughts on it, not sure what narrative it ended up being but if it was that’s cool too. 

I hope he calls trump a dog faced pony boy at some point and they insult battle.  I know Joe has a bunch of good ones he wants to let fly and I say do it. I’m in it for the laughs, personally.  We all already know who we’re voting for- who cares how badly they do other than for comedic relief?!  I wonder if Chris Wallace will ask Biden about this Moscow mayor wife thing and hunter getting 3.5M from her.  I bet if he doesn’t Trump is going to throw Hunter out there just to fuck with Biden, it’ll be fun to watch how Joe reacts.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I was just typing my thoughts on it, not sure what narrative it ended up being but if it was that’s cool too. 

I hope he calls trump a dog faced pony boy at some point and they insult battle.  I know Joe has a bunch of good ones he wants to let fly and I say do it. I’m in it for the laughs, personally.  We all already know who we’re voting for- who cares how badly they do other than for comedic relief?!  I wonder if Chris Wallace will ask Biden about this Moscow mayor wife thing and hunter getting 3.5M from her.  I bet if he doesn’t Trump is going to throw Hunter out there just to fuck with Biden, it’ll be fun to watch how Joe reacts.
    the "biden is losing his mind" narrative. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:

which is a Russian narrative meant to disrupt and interfere with our election process according to US intel. So any conservative pushing that narrative has become Putin's puppet. I remember when conservatives hated the Soviets, but I guess those good ol' days are over. Now conservatives work for them.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    I do like the Biden’s “dog faced pony boy” insult. It’s a keeper.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

which is a Russian narrative meant to disrupt and interfere with our election process according to US intel. So any conservative pushing that narrative has become Putin's puppet. I remember when conservatives hated the Soviets, but I guess those good ol' days are over. Now conservatives work for them.
    WAIT.  WHAT???

thats just tin foil hat insane.  You’re saying that it’s not a normal thing for someone who is 77 years old to show signs of a mental decline and that those who believe a 77 year old could be having deteriorating cognitive effects due to age are Putin’s puppets? 
    Oh man, you’re going to have an uncomfortable evening next Tuesday.

They’ve hid him from the hard questions, kept him in the basement as long as they could, and had pre rehearsed reporters ask pre screened questions, not to mention have campaign members not answer simple questions about whether or not he uses a teleprompter at briefings (hint: he does, he should never have held up the glossy photo during his interview that reflected the teleprompter), and you’re assuming everything’s fine and he’s just one of probably less than 5% of the public who doesn’t show any cognitive change at his age....  

(Guess I should let Vlad know it’s not working on you)
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    edited September 2020
    mrussel1 said:

WAIT.  WHAT???

thats just tin foil hat insane.  You’re saying that it’s not a normal thing for someone who is 77 years old to show signs of a mental decline and that those who believe a 77 year old could be having deteriorating cognitive effects due to age are Putin’s puppets? 

They’ve hid him from the hard questions, kept him in the basement as long as they could, and had pre rehearsed reporters ask pre screened questions, not to mention have campaign members not answer simple questions about whether or not he uses a teleprompter at briefings (hint: he does, he should never have held up the glossy photo during his interview that reflected the teleprompter), and you’re assuming everything’s fine and he’s just one of probably less than 5% of the public who doesn’t show any cognitive change at his age....  

Joe is lucid and certainly more able to put together complete sentences than your guy. Joe can also walk down ramps and drink water with one hand, unlike your guy. If we're talking about cognitive decline, perhaps the candidate who bragged about acing a cognitive test is the one we should be concerned about. Person Woman Man Camera TV Covfefe.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:

WAIT.  WHAT???

Joe is lucid and certainly more able to put together complete sentences than your guy. Joe can also walk down ramps and drink water with one hand, unlike your guy. If we're talking about cognitive decline, perhaps the candidate who bragged about acing a cognitive test is the one we should be concerned about. Person Woman Man Camera TV Covfefe.
    Sleepy Woke Joe Basement Biden can also burn rubber in his automobile. And shift. When was the last time Team Trump Treason drove anything other than a golf cart, golf ball or Melania?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Worst president ever we have no one else to blame but ourselves, there’s no way he concedes if he were to lose this will break this country! Take it to the bank! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I do like the Biden’s “dog faced pony boy” insult. It’s a keeper.
    I think he can just stick with "Lard-ass" for Trump

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:

Over 200,000 dead and you're excited to watch a wrestling match. We all have our priorities I guess.
This discussion has been closed.