Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,991
    beverlyn throws throws some uppercuts from chaz.  Scroll down to his “holy shit” tweet video:

Word on the street, which comes first, indictments of Hillary, Obama, Comey, et. Al or Election Day?
    I am amazed at how the tRumpsters are hanging on the "Hillary emails" shit again.  What is this like round 50?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,831
    beverlyn throws throws some uppercuts from chaz.  Scroll down to his “holy shit” tweet video:

I think voter suppression would have to be very sophisticated for that to happen.  It's easier just to target all blacks and keep the percentage at 7%.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,700

How much? Im glad to take that under.  
  • Options
    While making a speech and signing an 'order' to incentive the elimination of choke holds from training, Trump declares school choice "the civil rights issue of the decade..probably beyond".  Is he fucking kidding?  He's such a numbnuts I can't even believe it.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/502961-trump-calls-school-choice-the-civil-rights-issue-of-the-decade
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,748
    For fuck's sake. Even by Trump's low standards, how could he not know there's not an AIDS vaccine?

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    mrussel1 said:
    While making a speech and signing an 'order' to incentive the elimination of choke holds from training, Trump declares school choice "the civil rights issue of the decade..probably beyond".  Is he fucking kidding?  He's such a numbnuts I can't even believe it.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/502961-trump-calls-school-choice-the-civil-rights-issue-of-the-decade
    That phrase has been making its rounds in public education for years. It did not originate with him today. It originated with the bipartisan proponents of No Child Left Behind (Democrat co-sponsorTed Kennedy), who knew that if the disparities between whites and minorities were revealed -- and then standardized testing failed to eradicate them --  that the public would be convinced to abandon their neighborhood schools and embrace privatization, school choice, and for-profit charter schools. And to be honest, there are many African American proponents of charter schools and "reform" who utter the same words all the time. OBAMA has uttered these words when he took over and MADE NCLB WORSE with his Race to the Top initiative, standardized testing on steroids.  I've been following this issue closely for two decades. You are two decades late with the outrage.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

That phrase has been making its rounds in public education for years. It did not originate with him today. It originated with the bipartisan proponents of No Child Left Behind (Democrat co-sponsorTed Kennedy), who knew that if the disparities between whites and minorities were revealed -- and then standardized testing failed to eradicate them --  that the public would be convinced to abandon their neighborhood schools and embrace privatization, school choice, and for-profit charter schools. And to be honest, there are many African American proponents of charter schools and "reform" who utter the same words all the time. OBAMA has uttered these words when he took over and MADE NCLB WORSE with his Race to the Top initiative, standardized testing on steroids.  I've been following this issue closely for two decades. You are two decades late with the outrage.
    I'm two decades too late?  I'm outraged during a summer of true civil rights issues, where POC are being beaten in the street, the AG is dispersing peaceful crowds in Lafayette Square with the military, and militia are shooting people, that he calls school choice THE CIVIL RIGHTS issue. The statement is absurd and it was an absurd time to make the statement.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm two decades too late?  I'm outraged during a summer of true civil rights issues, where POC are being beaten in the street, the AG is dispersing peaceful crowds in Lafayette Square with the military, and militia are shooting people, that he calls school choice THE CIVIL RIGHTS issue. The statement is absurd and it was an absurd time to make the statement.  
    It's not the first time he's made such a statement. My point is that the PHRASE ITSELF has been used over and over again to DEFUND PUBLIC SCHOOLS -- a public institution that nobody cares has been DEFUNDED since 2008 and underfunded before then. Here's this article from 2017 when Trump first used the phrase, with links to articles about Bush and Obama using the phrase. It's a popular phrase among people who think they are doing something good for poor brown people and their literally crumbling school buildings. I'm not surprised one bit that he threw it in there today, to appeal to black people, to turn them against their neighborhood public school instead of investing in their communities. But I forgive your lack of understanding, because unless people are arguing about college tuition or teachers' summer vacations, nobody gives a shit about public education as a political issue, the way politicians of both parties have sacrificed an entire generation of students to the hands of tech giants and their testing regimes.

https://www.chalkbeat.org/2017/2/28/21102870/echoing-bush-and-obama-trump-calls-education-the-civil-rights-issue-of-our-time-and-asks-for-a-schoo

Echoing Bush and Obama, Trump calls education ‘the civil rights issue of our time’ — and asks for a school choice bill

By Sarah Darville  Feb 28, 2017, 10:30pm EST

“Education is the civil rights issue of our time,” President Donald Trump said Tuesday night.

The line inserted a bit of boilerplate — and bipartisan — education reform-speak into his first address to a joint session of Congress. Former Presidents George W. Bush and President Obama also used the phrase, and it has come to represent the education reform movement that has encompassed policies like expanding charter schools, testing, and school accountability.

Trump attached the idea to a campaign promise: to expand school choice. He called on lawmakers to fund school choice for “disadvantaged youth” to help “millions of African-American and Latino children” choose among public, private, religious, and charter schools.

ETC.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,942
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

and completely on brand for fuckstick.

ONE DAY CLOSER TO NOVEMBER 3RD......

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's not the first time he's made such a statement. My point is that the PHRASE ITSELF has been used over and over again to DEFUND PUBLIC SCHOOLS -- a public institution that nobody cares has been DEFUNDED since 2008 and underfunded before then. Here's this article from 2017 when Trump first used the phrase, with links to articles about Bush and Obama using the phrase. It's a popular phrase among people who think they are doing something good for poor brown people and their literally crumbling school buildings. I'm not surprised one bit that he threw it in there today, to appeal to black people, to turn them against their neighborhood public school instead of investing in their communities. But I forgive your lack of understanding, because unless people are arguing about college tuition or teachers' summer vacations, nobody gives a shit about public education as a political issue, the way politicians of both parties have sacrificed an entire generation of students to the hands of tech giants and their testing regimes.

https://www.chalkbeat.org/2017/2/28/21102870/echoing-bush-and-obama-trump-calls-education-the-civil-rights-issue-of-our-time-and-asks-for-a-schoo

Echoing Bush and Obama, Trump calls education ‘the civil rights issue of our time’ — and asks for a school choice bill

“Education is the civil rights issue of our time,” President Donald Trump said Tuesday night.

The line inserted a bit of boilerplate — and bipartisan — education reform-speak into his first address to a joint session of Congress. Former Presidents George W. Bush and President Obama also used the phrase, and it has come to represent the education reform movement that has encompassed policies like expanding charter schools, testing, and school accountability.

Trump attached the idea to a campaign promise: to expand school choice. He called on lawmakers to fund school choice for “disadvantaged youth” to help “millions of African-American and Latino children” choose among public, private, religious, and charter schools.

ETC.

All three of my children attended public schools, I attended public schools.  It's likely true this is an issuer closer to you than me, but I'm not asking for your forgiveness about it.  
    *edit, also.. according to what you linked, Obama called education a civil rights issue.  That's quite different than calling school choice a civil rights issue, which Trump did today, of all days. 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

ETC.

All three of my children attended public schools, I attended public schools.  It's likely true this is an issuer closer to you than me, but I'm not asking for your forgiveness about it.  
    *edit, also.. according to what you linked, Obama called education a civil rights issue.  That's quite different than calling school choice a civil rights issue, which Trump did today, of all days. 
    From what I can tell, your children attended well-funded suburban schools and with your affluence, I'm sure you provided them with plenty of extra opportunities to develop themselves that urban students do not have. Your children have succeeded because they grew up in a zip code that you can afford. Check into the White Privilege thread for a full explanation of that. 

Also from what I can tell, you did not click on the Obama link, or actually read it. He clearly says "civil rights issue of our time." That's the slogan every politician for two decades, including Trump today, has used to abdicate their responsibility toward investment in urban schools. EDIT: If you actually knew Obama's legacy on education, you would know that testing and school choice were central to his policy. Pretty much his only policy. Like all of them these days.

I get it. Trump is horrible. Don't need to sell any of us on that. Today was opportunism at its finest, making African Americans feel like he cares about their educational opportunities. What does he really care about it? There are billions to be made from charter schools, privatization, "personalized learning" in the form of computerized testing and online learning. It has nothing to do with helping disadvantaged youth. Politicians who run our schools have been bought out by Bill and Melinda Gates, Google, Pearson, K-12, and all the other venture capitalists dying to get their hands in it. Good for you, your children escaped it. For everyone else, the evidence is clear that these schemes have done nothing to level the playing field and overall, have made things worse for everybody.
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

ETC.

From what I can tell, your children attended well-funded suburban schools and with your affluence, I'm sure you provided them with plenty of extra opportunities to develop themselves that urban students do not have. Your children have succeeded because they grew up in a zip code that you can afford. Check into the White Privilege thread for a full explanation of that. 

Also from what I can tell, you did not click on the Obama link, or actually read it. He clearly says "civil rights issue of our time." That's the slogan every politician for two decades, including Trump today, has used to abdicate their responsibility toward investment in urban schools. EDIT: If you actually knew Obama's legacy on education, you would know that testing and school choice were central to his policy. Pretty much his only policy. Like all of them these days.

I get it. Trump is horrible. Don't need to sell any of us on that. Today was opportunism at its finest, making African Americans feel like he cares about their educational opportunities. What does he really care about it? There are billions to be made from charter schools, privatization, "personalized learning" in the form of computerized testing and online learning. It has nothing to do with helping disadvantaged youth. Politicians who run our schools have been bought out by Bill and Melinda Gates, Google, Pearson, K-12, and all the other venture capitalists dying to get their hands in it. Good for you, your children escaped it. For everyone else, the evidence is clear that these schemes have done nothing to level the playing field and overall, have made things worse for everybody.
    1. You have no idea what type of school I attended.  I grew up in a rough part of the near west side of Cleveland, where it was Puerto Rican, black and Ukrainians like me.  And the point is that I support public schooling and increasing public school funding, not that I think suburban public schools and inner city schools are equal.  I'm not a fucking moron, but you apparently think you know a lot fucking more about people than you do.  Perhaps you can skip the white privilege thread and find one about judging people in general.  

2. Again, Obama called education a civil rights issue.  Did he call SCHOOL CHOICE a civil rights one?  If so, link that, because a quick search didn't lead me there.  It did lead me to plenty of articles by Bobby Jindal, NRO and others lambasting Holder and Obama for putting up roadblocks to school choice.  

3. WTF is your problem?  You've taken someone who would normally be an advocate to something you're passionate about and went on the attack multiple times.  
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,521
    mrussel1 said:

sounds like drunk moron trying to speak intelligently on a topic he knows nothing about.  So basically every time he speaks.

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,870
    But...emails...Benghazi... the Clinton's and Jeffrey Epstein...!!!

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,344
    edited June 2020

lol
     Without even clicking the tweet I knew exactly what this was referring to.

Whenever some "conservative" finds ANY black person supporting Trump, the right wing social media frenzy hype it up to no tomorrow and then they all somehow think this one black person equals tens of millions of other black people despite any and all verifiable proof otherwise.

Sad, yet unfortunately totally predictable. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,685
    Who here is headed to Tulsa for the rah, rah, rah? C’mon now, only a 7 hour drive from Austin and an 18 hour drive from the Badger State. Go hear the band in the foyer, yo.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Who here is headed to Tulsa for the rah, rah, rah? C’mon now, only a 7 hour drive from Austin and an 18 hour drive from the Badger State. Go hear the band in the foyer, yo.
    Only way I’m driving to Tulsa is if pj plays a show and I win the birthday challenge
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,685
    538’s gap is at 14.7. Expect to see rats flee a stinking shit. Tulsa should be unhinged. Word on the street.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,991
    Smellyman said:
    mrussel1 said:

sounds like drunk moron trying to speak intelligently on a topic he knows nothing about.  So basically every time he speaks.

I bet his aides cringe when he deviates from the teleprompter.  You can always tell when he repeats phrases and looks away from the screen...or he says "nobody thought that would happen" or "many people are saying".

This BS about school choice is just straight up idiocy.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    538’s gap is at 14.7. Expect to see rats flee a stinking shit. Tulsa should be unhinged. Word on the street.
    Tulsa's gonna increase that gap. Biden doesn't even have to campaign at this point. Just sit back and let Trump remind American how much he repulses us. Energize that base! Turn off everyone else. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Tulsa's gonna increase that gap. Biden doesn't even have to campaign at this point. Just sit back and let Trump remind American how much he repulses us. Energize that base! Turn off everyone else. 
    People (like the Trump campaign) are trying to pressure Biden into campaigning in the open.  Huge mistake.  When your opponent is beating themselves, just let him keep going.  The election is referendum on Trump, pure and simple.  Let it stay that way.  
  • Options
    static111 said:
    Only way I’m driving to Tulsa is if pj plays a show and I win the birthday challenge
    Being anywhere near this rally sounds like the absolute worst thing in the world.  It's everything that I don't like about this country, all rolled up together.  
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,121
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Being anywhere near this rally sounds like the absolute worst thing in the world.  It's everything that I don't like about this country, all rolled up together.  
    No kidding 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Mitch's Meat Market

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    People (like the Trump campaign) are trying to pressure Biden into campaigning in the open.  Huge mistake.  When your opponent is beating themselves, just let him keep going.  The election is referendum on Trump, pure and simple.  Let it stay that way.  
    Agreed. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Agreed. 

SMP?
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
This discussion has been closed.