Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    dignin said:
    Tucker Carlson of all people tore into Trump tonight. A new hole at the bottom of Trump’s sinking ship...

https://twitter.com/hkrassenstein/status/1267614630098145280?s=21
    I don't think he tore into him, I think he just manipulated Trump into escalating.

Trump is their puppet.

Oh for Christ’s sake. Escalating what? What’s escalated over the past week is anarchy and violence in the streets. Trump did nothing to respond to it except spew stupid rhetoric (“when the looting starts, the shooting starts”). I think Carlson is calling for him not to have cops or military shooting at or harassing peaceful protesters, but just to restore some order. I think for the second most-watched Fox News personality to actually call out Trump for anything is a good thing. 

You probably won’t watch, it but here’s his entire monologue. It’s long, and some of it is typical right-wing stuff that you probably don’t like. But if you watch any of it, watch from the three minute mark to the seven minute mark. It’s videos of people getting the shit kicked out of them by the mob. That needs to stop, and that’s what he’s calling for. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    Tucker Carlson of all people tore into Trump tonight. A new hole at the bottom of Trump’s sinking ship...

I don't think he tore into him, I think he just manipulated Trump into escalating.

Trump is their puppet.

Oh for Christ’s sake. Escalating what? What’s escalated over the past week is anarchy and violence in the streets. Trump did nothing to respond to it except spew stupid rhetoric (“when the looting starts, the shooting starts”). I think Carlson is calling for him not to have cops or military shooting at or harassing peaceful protesters, but just to restore some order. I think for the second most-watched Fox News personality to actually call out Trump for anything is a good thing. 

You probably won’t watch, it but here’s his entire monologue. It’s long, and some of it is typical right-wing stuff that you probably don’t like. But if you watch any of it, watch from the three minute mark to the seven minute mark. It’s videos of people getting the shit kicked out of them by the mob. That needs to stop, and that’s what he’s calling for. 

Sure, "just restore order".

So what does Trump do, he goes after peaceful protesters with violence in DC.

Oh for Christ's sake is right, nobody should listen to a word that comes out of that POS Tucker Carlson's  racist shithole mouth. The guy is a white supremacist. 

• Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Trump is their puppet.

Oh for Christ's sake is right, nobody should listen to a word that comes out of that POS Tucker Carlson's  racist shithole mouth. The guy is a white supremacist. 
    Well whatever. I think it's good for Fox News viewers to actually see a criticism of Trump for once. If you think Carlson can manipulate Trump, then he definitely can manipulate his viewers. And if some of his viewers walked away saying "Yeah, Trump can't even keep us safe. Maybe Biden is the right choice," then that's good. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    edited June 2020
    "Domination"
    I believe that was the instruction he got from his Putin Overlord yesterday.
    I believe he's going to try to make the American election like Russia's "elections."
    We have to make sure our elections are honest and secure and we vote.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Trump is their puppet.

Well whatever. I think it's good for Fox News viewers to actually see a criticism of Trump for once. If you think Carlson can manipulate Trump, then he definitely can manipulate his viewers. And if some of his viewers walked away saying "Yeah, Trump can't even keep us safe. Maybe Biden is the right choice," then that's good. 
    We see his intentions differently. I watched some more of that Tucker video. I had to turn it off. It's his same BS, I was really hoping for something different, maybe a little bit of understanding for the movement. But nah, he was doing exactly what I thought he was. A call to arms for the whites. It was disgusting.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    edited June 2020
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5021252/uploads/editor/ds/yselv6a3l8i4.png

(We've learned this image of Hitler holding up a bible was photoshopped so there's only a link to it now.)
    Post edited by Kat on
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    edited June 2020
    CM189191 said:

(We've learned this image of Hitler holding up a bible was photoshopped so there's only a link to it now.)
    Oh boy.
    Post edited by Kat on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    He's got to be doing this on purpose so he loses. No one person but him causes me physical illness.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    edited June 2020
    CM189191 said:

(We've learned this image of Hitler holding up a bible was photoshopped so there's only a link to it now. - admin)
    perfect....he is such a dipshit

what is really funny is if you watch the video a reporter asks "is that your bible?" and his response..."it's a bible"
    Post edited by Kat on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Trump is their puppet.

We see his intentions differently. I watched some more of that Tucker video. I had to turn it off. It's his same BS, I was really hoping for something different, maybe a little bit of understanding for the movement. But nah, he was doing exactly what I thought he was. A call to arms for the whites. It was disgusting.
    We do, but I did mention that there would be typical right-wing stuff that you wouldn't like. You were hoping for too much if you clicked that looking for him to show a "understanding of the movement." I posted the small clip as a "Whoa, he actually called out Trump by name, and somewhat insulted him." Then I posted the long clip to show some of the violence (hey I suggested only watching the four minutes of violence because I knew you'd dismiss the rest). I wanted to post the clips of the violence, because they don't show that on MSNBC or CNN. MSNBC and CNN would have you believe it's all a peaceful protest. And most of it is. And a lot of the violence is coming from out-of-towners who are just being opportunistic. But there IS violence and anarchy,, regardless of who's perpetrating it.

To some people (certainly a Carlson), the lawlessness that we saw over the past few days is more concerning than "the movement." To others (maybe you, maybe not) the movement is so important that if some people have to have their lives destroyed (either by being attacked or their business being looted), then so be it because that's what it takes. I land in the middle. I think the movement to stop police brutality is important, but not to the point where other innocent people should suffer. You want to burn down the police precinct? Fine, whatever. Hopefully that'll get their attention. I actually liked it as an extreme protest measure. But attacking store owners? Bashing out the windows of cars with tire irons while people are in the car stuck in traffic? Come on, that has to stop. I didn't see it as "a call to arms for the whites" at all. I saw it as "How is Trump/Pence/Governors/Mayors allowing this to happen? 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Trump is their puppet.

We do, but I did mention that there would be typical right-wing stuff that you wouldn't like. You were hoping for too much if you clicked that looking for him to show a "understanding of the movement." I posted the small clip as a "Whoa, he actually called out Trump by name, and somewhat insulted him." Then I posted the long clip to show some of the violence (hey I suggested only watching the four minutes of violence because I knew you'd dismiss the rest). I wanted to post the clips of the violence, because they don't show that on MSNBC or CNN. MSNBC and CNN would have you believe it's all a peaceful protest. And most of it is. And a lot of the violence is coming from out-of-towners who are just being opportunistic. But there IS violence and anarchy,, regardless of who's perpetrating it.

To some people (certainly a Carlson), the lawlessness that we saw over the past few days is more concerning than "the movement." To others (maybe you, maybe not) the movement is so important that if some people have to have their lives destroyed (either by being attacked or their business being looted), then so be it because that's what it takes. I land in the middle. I think the movement to stop police brutality is important, but not to the point where other innocent people should suffer. You want to burn down the police precinct? Fine, whatever. Hopefully that'll get their attention. I actually liked it as an extreme protest measure. But attacking store owners? Bashing out the windows of cars with tire irons while people are in the car stuck in traffic? Come on, that has to stop. I didn't see it as "a call to arms for the whites" at all. I saw it as "How is Trump/Pence/Governors/Mayors allowing this to happen? 
    It was because of the messenger. Tucker has a long history of subtle white supremacy. Watching his monologue in that context and it's clear to me.

I'm with you on everything else. I've been in a surprise riot with looting (Woodstock 99), I was disgusted by it. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Trump is their puppet.

It was because of the messenger. Tucker has a long history of subtle white supremacy. Watching his monologue in that context and it's clear to me.

I'm with you on everything else. I've been in a surprise riot with looting (Woodstock 99), I was disgusted by it. 
    That's fair enough. I don't watch him enough to get a full white-supremacist vibe. Rather, I view him a typical conservative. I dunno, I was just happy to FINALLY see one of them call out Trump on Fox News, and even insult him with the Omarosa line.

Edit: And also,I get your "it's because of the messenger" stance. A friend of mine tries to get me to listen to some guy named Crowder on YouTube. You want to talk about a white supremist? Check out this guy. My friend pushes him on me because he calls out media bias against the right. I'm like "Yeah that's good, and there is media bias, but this guy otherwise sucks and I don't want to listen to him." I can understand you thinking the same way about Carlson. But  for me, I do truly believe that him speaking ill of Trump in any way on his show is good. I just read that last month, he surpassed Hannity in ratings. If that's the case, that's a lot of people watching. And if he can turn some voters away from Trump (whether that's his intention or not), I'm all for it. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    Kat said:
    "Domination"
    I believe that was the instruction he got from his Putin Overlord yesterday.
    I believe he's going to try to make the American election like Russia's "elections."
    We have to make sure our elections are honest and secure and we vote.
    I think so too!!!!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Trump is their puppet.

That's fair enough. I don't watch him enough to get a full white-supremacist vibe. Rather, I view him a typical conservative. I dunno, I was just happy to FINALLY see one of them call out Trump on Fox News, and even insult him with the Omarosa line.
    he has before. then its right back to regular fearmongering and being in lockstep with the overall fox news opinion mission.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Trump is their puppet.

he has before. then its right back to regular fearmongering and being in lockstep with the overall fox news opinion mission.
    I've seen him call out "our leadership" and "the federal government" for the poor Covid response, but never Trump by name like that. But I'm not a frequent viewer. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    more than just a video about Tucker Carlson, who is a POS, but how about a glimpse into right wing radio.  It's vile.

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I'm surprised that upside down bible didn't burst into flames when he got that bad boy perpendicular.

he gotta GO 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    edited June 2020
    g under p said:
    CM189191 said:

(We've learned this image of Hitler holding up a bible was photoshopped so there's only a link to it now.- admin)
    Oh boy.
    Hell of a photo op! 

He's even bad at staging nonsense despite being a reality tv star for a decade. Fuck this guy. 
    Post edited by Kat on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited June 2020
    CM189191 said:

(We've learned this image of Hitler holding up a bible was photoshopped so there's only a link to it now. - admin)
    Oh wow 😳 
    Post edited by Kat on
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009

Contrast
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231

Contrast
    Yeah, well, that guy in the top picture had feelings and emotions and empathy. What a weakling. /s
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,582
    Word on the street is that Team Trump Treason is doing a great MAGA job. Plus, two churches in two days, well, a church and a shrine. Maybe he’s repenting? Asking for forgiveness? What a leader.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    tbergs said:

Contrast
    Yeah, well, that guy in the top picture had feelings and emotions and empathy. What a weakling. /s
    And he is holding another man's hand. Damn Democrats! Walk alone amongst a tear gassed cleared street like a real (orange) man! MAGA! 😈
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    His supporters really believe he is showing his strength as a leader.  They eat his play acting up.  He is playing to his audience and they continue to give him the praise he desires.  When and if he brings the military to US streets to “police” they will see that as the right thing to do and properly owning the libs. If he turns out election into a “Russian” election and declares himself president they will see no wrongdoing and do everything they can to shelter and protect him.   I just really hope we can vote him out
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954

Contrast
    what's with the fat guy in combat fatigues?  pathetic

and seriously....Ivanka is the only one wearing a mask?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    Kat said:
    Wish this site had a "Like" option.  It doesn't.  So I have to type something. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221

Contrast

and seriously....Ivanka is the only one wearing a mask?
    And stylish handbag to complete the ensemble.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    i fixed it...

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
This discussion has been closed.