Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    edited April 2020
    trump is unethically pushing for a treatment that has no scientifically proven efficacy against corona. corona is a novel virus that has never been seen before. 

in medicine, you have to have clinical rationale based on science before you should try any treatment. the number one rule is to not put your patient at risk. using an unproven treatment carries risk, potential allergic reaction, etc.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    trump is unethically pushing for a treatment that has no proved efficacy. 

in medicine, you have to have clinical rationale based on science before you should try any treatment. the number one rule is to not put your patient at risk. using an unproven treatment carries risk, potential allergic reaction, etc.
    I agree with this statement, but I also think we need to get it to trial.  So let's not make it a partisan issue.  
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    I don't believe in Pharma.  
    Do you believe they don't exist, like it's an illusion?
    Do you believe meds don't work, like they're all sugar pills?
    Are you a Scientologist?
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,718
    mrussel1 said:

I agree with this statement, but I also think we need to get it to trial.  So let's not make it a partisan issue.  
    I agree. Let’s not make this medicine a trump thing. I personally know someone who actually had great success with this medication. It was not looking good 6 days ago. He was discharged yesterday. Obviously this is one situation. But the doctors are using this drug in NY when the situation starts to look dire. He is 66 years old, no underlying illness besides high blood pressure which is controlled by his daily medication. 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Not having health insurance will make you say some crazy shit.  

Actually I just re-upped so I suppose a 4000 dollar deductible isn't TOO bad.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    trump is unethically pushing for a treatment that has no scientifically proven efficacy against corona. corona is a novel virus that has never been seen before. 

Firstly do no harm
    Then put your seatbelt on
    Buckle up

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,185
    CM189191 said:
    ikiT said:

Oh for FSM’s sake. 

The drug was discovered in 1955. It’s been off patent for decades. Multiple companies make it.

If we’re going to post conspiracy theories can we at least do a basic check on common sense first? 
    Ok

Hot take CM. I would think Trump has investments in many companies that stand to gain in any given situation you could think of, he has a couple billion reasons why. Did you think he pulled all of his investments and buried his money in the rose garden? The story here should be about whether or not Hydroxychloroquine is safe for the masses without proper testing and that there are people currently using this drug for other illnesses who may be without it if this ends up being a viable treatment for CoVid-19. Since you can't help but immerse yourself in everything Trump, there are plenty of better examples for you to complain about other than falling for all of your biased twitter following.
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    ikiT said:
    Not having health insurance will make you say some crazy shit.  

Actually I just re-upped so I suppose a 4000 dollar deductible isn't TOO bad.
     We are so used to getting screwed over that a $4000 deductible isn't TOO BAD 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    JW269453 said:
    CM189191 said:
    ikiT said:

Oh for FSM’s sake. 

The drug was discovered in 1955. It’s been off patent for decades. Multiple companies make it.

If we’re going to post conspiracy theories can we at least do a basic check on common sense first? 
    Ok

Hot take CM. I would think Trump has investments in many companies that stand to gain in any given situation you could think of, he has a couple billion reasons why. Did you think he pulled all of his investments and buried his money in the rose garden? The story here should be about whether or not Hydroxychloroquine is safe for the masses without proper testing and that there are people currently using this drug for other illnesses who may be without it if this ends up being a viable treatment for CoVid-19. Since you can't help but immerse yourself in everything Trump, there are plenty of better examples for you to complain about other than falling for all of your biased twitter following.

Hot take:

where are tRUmp's tax returns like he promised?

That would sure clear things up, wouldn't it now?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,185
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:
    CM189191 said:
    ikiT said:

Oh for FSM’s sake. 

Ok

Hot take:

Would it? Maybe I missed it, but I don’t recall seeing anything about tax returns in your tweet love.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:
    CM189191 said:
    ikiT said:

Oh for FSM’s sake. 

Ok

Hot take:

I’ll never argue against tax returns, but would they clear up where his investments are? I don’t believe that my tax returns show exactly where my investments are, just how it all shook out over the year. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I agree. Let’s not make this medicine a trump thing. I personally know someone who actually had great success with this medication. It was not looking good 6 days ago. He was discharged yesterday. Obviously this is one situation. But the doctors are using this drug in NY when the situation starts to look dire. He is 66 years old, no underlying illness besides high blood pressure which is controlled by his daily medication. 
    You don’t know if he had great success with the medication, you just know he’s doing better now, which is great, but the studies still need to be done. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Absolutely. It needs to be studied quickly but fulsomely, and we have almost ideal circumstances right now, because we have ample patients worldwide and outcome data  will be measured in days to weeks, rather than months to years as with many drug studies. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,718
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You don’t know if he had great success with the medication, you just know he’s doing better now, which is great, but the studies still need to be done. 
    Absolutely they need to be done. Just sharing some good news.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    mrussel1 said:

I can't tell you how much this idea appeals to me but Barr is head of DOJ and the Conservative members of the Supreme Court have had their souls eaten. :( So now what do we do?
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    YOU BLEW IT is trending #1 on twitter. it is in response to trump tweet telling the WHO they blew it on corona. i am glad to see people giving it back to president dumbass.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    YOU BLEW IT is trending #1 on twitter. it is in response to trump tweet telling the WHO they blew it on corona. i am glad to see people giving it back to president dumbass.
    GOOD. What a POS.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    edited April 2020

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,582
    Nothing like thinking of pussy while a world pandemic rages. And some on here think its beyond the realm of possibilities that a PTAPE exists:

“I want to come way under the models,” he said on Friday, referring to casualty projections. “The professionals did the models. I was never involved in a model.”

“At least this kind of model,” he added. No context like a pandemic for X-rated humor.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/opinion/trump-coronavirus-empathy.html

Do you remember President George W. Bush’s remarks at Ground Zero in Manhattan after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks? I can still hear him speaking of national grief and national pride. This was before all the awful judgment calls and fatal mistakes, and it doesn’t excuse them. But it mattered, because it reassured us that our country’s leader was navigating some of the same emotional currents that we were.

Do you remember President Barack Obama’s news conference after the school shooting in Newtown, Conn., that left 28 people, including 20 children, dead? I do. Freshest in my memory is how he fought back tears. He was hurting. He cared. And while we couldn’t bank on new laws to prevent the next massacre, we could at least hold on to that.

One more question: Do you remember the moment when President Trump’s bearing and words made clear that he grasped not only the magnitude of this rapidly metastasizing pandemic but also our terror in the face of it?

It passed me by, maybe because it never happened.

In Trump’s predecessors, for all their imperfections, I could sense the beat of a heart and see the glimmer of a soul. In him I can’t, and that fills me with a sorrow and a rage that I quite frankly don’t know what to do with.

Americans are dying by the thousands, and he gloats about what a huge, rapt television audience he has. They’re confronting financial ruin and not sure how they’ll continue to pay for food and shelter, and he reprimands governors for not treating him with adequate adulation.

He’s not rising to the challenge before him, not even a millimeter. He’s shriveling into nothingness.

On Friday, when Trump relayed a new recommendation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that all Americans wear face masks in public places, he went so far out of his way to stress that the coverings were voluntary and that he himself wouldn’t be going anywhere near one that he might as well have branded them Apparel for Skittish Losers. I’ve finally settled on his epitaph: “Donald J. Trump, too cool for the coronavirus.”

This is more than a failure of empathy, which is how many observers have described his deficiency. It’s more than a failure of decency, which has been my go-to lament. It’s a failure of basic humanity.

In The Washington Post a few days ago, Michael Gerson, a conservative who worked in Bush’s White House, wrote that Trump’s spirit is “a vast, trackless wasteland.” Not exactly trackless. There are gaudy outposts of ego all along the horizon.

When the direness of this global health crisis began to be apparent, I was braced for the falsehoods and misinformation that are Trump’s trademarks. I was girded for the incompetence that defines an administration with such contempt for proper procedure and for true expertise.

But what has taken me by surprise and torn me up inside are the aloofness, arrogance, pettiness, meanness, narcissism and solipsism that persist in Trump — that flourish in him — even during a once-in-a-lifetime emergency that demands something nobler. Under normal circumstances, these traits are galling. Under the current ones, they’re gutting.

I don’t take responsibility at all.” “Did you know I was number one on Facebook?” To bother with just one of those sentences while a nation trembles is disgusting. To bother with both, as Trump did, is perverse.

He continues to bash the media, as if the virus were cooked up in the bowels of CNN. He continues to play blame games and to lord his station over those of a lesser political caste, turning governors into grovelers and suggesting that they’re whiny piggies at the federal trough.

He continues his one-man orgy of self-congratulation, so that in the same breath recently he speculated about a toll of 100,000 deaths in America from Covid-19 and crowed about what a great job he’s doing.

And he continues to taunt and smear his perceived political adversaries. Last week, on Fox News, he called Nancy Pelosi “a sick puppy.” This is how he chooses to spend his time and energy?

At those beloved daily briefings of his, where he talks and talks and talks, he sometimes seems to regard what’s happening less as a devastating scourge than as a star-studded event. Just look at the nifty degree of prominence it’s conferring on everyone and everything involved! He has mused aloud about how well known Anthony Fauci has become. He has marveled at the disease’s celebrity profile.

“Become a very famous term — C-O-V-I-D,” he said on Thursday. Was that envy in his voice?

He leaps from tone deafness to some realm of complete sensory and moral deprivation.

“I want to come way under the models,” he said on Friday, referring to casualty projections. “The professionals did the models. I was never involved in a model.”

“At least this kind of model,” he added. No context like a pandemic for X-rated humor.

It’s an extraordinary thing: to fill the air with so many words and have none of them carry any genuine sadness or stirring resolve.

I can hear his admirers grumble that he doesn’t do camera-perfect emotions, that Obama was just a better actor, that Trump is the more authentic man.

To which I answer: What’s the point of having a showman for a president if he can’t put on the right kind of show? Performances count, even if they’re just performances. And Trump clearly isn’t averse to artifice. Just look at his hair.

A cheap shot? I’m feeling cheap. A loss of life and livelihoods on this scale will do that to you.

As of this writing, at least 9,600 people with the coronavirus have died in the United States. That’s more than three times the number killed in the Sept. 11 attacks. New York State alone reported 630 new deaths on Saturday.  No school shooting has taken even a small fraction of as many lives.

And while I’m not looking to Trump for any panacea, is it too much to ask for some sign that the dying has made an impression on him, that the crying has penetrated his carapace and that he’s thinking about something other than his ratings? I watch. I wait. I suspect I’ll be doing that forever.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Spurs14 said:
    Anyone who pulls the lever for this psychopath has clearly got something wrong with them. This timeline and reaction, or lack thereof, is criminal. Criminally negligent. At the least. But, you know, MAGA!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
    Spurs14 said:
    Anyone who pulls the lever for this psychopath has clearly got something wrong with them. This timeline and reaction, or lack thereof, is criminal. Criminally negligent. At the least. But, you know, MAGA!
    But it's not all his fault.
    The bulk of the blame and fault lies with his....

Advisors
    Believers
    Enablers
    Followers
    Supporters 
    Voters

All of them and him are complicit in this disaster

Every coronavirus death is on their hands

But we know they don't  care as long as he claims to love christ, guns, and the american dollar. And hates abortion, foreigners, and any non-Christian religion.

• Options

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I think he is that stupid, yes. Many of his followers are too. 
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    He's afraid if he told the truth, his nose would grow.
    If only he'd shrink every time he lies....our nightmare would be over by now.  :tongue:

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    Kat said:
    He's afraid if he told the truth, his nose would grow.
    If only he'd shrink every time he lies....our nightmare would be over by now.  :tongue:

No doubt lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Kat said:
    mrussel1 said:

I can't tell you how much this idea appeals to me but Barr is head of DOJ and the Conservative members of the Supreme Court have had their souls eaten. :( So now what do we do?
    Sorry, I meant trial as in testing this drug according to normal standards (but accelerated) so we can see if it really works and doesn't have side effects. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    mfc2006 said:
    GOOD. What a POS.
    Well the WHO certainly wasn’t great. 

This reminds me of the safety discussion about the swish cheese model. When the holes slog you have an incident. Well all the holes aligned on this one. China yet again...the Chinese government yet again...the WHO...The cdc...president trumps admin....the hospitals not having a pandemic plan.....all aligned. Any one of those could have made a significant impact. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087

It’s a pandemic. And people are dying. Seems like perhaps we could figure out a little streamlined process. I mean if someone is dying....

not talking just this medicine/treatment. Feels like the time you might take a risk cause the alternative is worse 
    hippiemom = goodness
This discussion has been closed.