Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,296
    edited April 2020
    GREAT move by Trump on the WHO.  Hopefully it isn’t just words.  Let China fund them.  Go one step further and defund.  The fear of being called racist would have tied the hands of a dem and they would have just smiled awkwardly and read from the teleprompter. Once again trump showing his brass balls.
    Keep cheering for a sociopath it tells us all we need to know about you ,do you still have Juan or Carlos baking your pies at your pizza joint? 
    Every one of his political posts are pure garbage. 

Edit--I am sure he is a nice person. I just think its incredible how easy it is for Trump and the right wing echo chamber to brainwash 30-40% of the electorate. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    ikiT said:
    She is a real piece of shit 
    She should feel right at home working for the piece-of-shit-in-chief. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,611
    Seems the Team Trump Treason Administration may have known of the severity of the brewing pandemic as early as November. Mull on that.

The report was the result of analysis of wire and computer intercepts, coupled with satellite images. It raised alarms because an out-of-control disease would pose a serious threat to U.S. forces in Asia -- forces that depend on the NCMI’s work. And it paints a picture of an American government that could have ramped up mitigation and containment efforts far earlier to prepare for a crisis poised to come home.

"Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," one of the sources said of the NCMI’s report. "It was then briefed multiple times to" the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff and the White House.

From that warning in November, the sources described repeated briefings through December for policy-makers and decision-makers across the federal government as well as the National Security Council at the White House. All of that culminated with a detailed explanation of the problem that appeared in the President’s Daily Brief of intelligence matters in early January, the sources said. For something to have appeared in the PDB, it would have had to go through weeks of vetting and analysis, according to people who have worked on presidential briefings in both Republican and Democratic administrations.

"The timeline of the intel side of this may be further back than we’re discussing," the source said of preliminary reports from Wuhan. "But this was definitely being briefed beginning at the end of November as something the military needed to take a posture on."

The NCMI report was made available widely to people authorized to access intelligence community alerts. Following the report’s release, other intelligence community bulletins began circulating through confidential channels across the government around Thanksgiving, the sources said. Those analyses said China’s leadership knew the epidemic was out of control even as it kept such crucial information from foreign governments and public health agencies.

"It would be a significant alarm that would have been set off by this," former Deputy Assistant Defense Secretary Mick Mulroy, now an ABC News contributor, said of the NCMI report. "And it would have been something that would be followed up by literally every intelligence-collection agency."

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/news/story/intelligence-report-warned-coronavirus-crisis-early-november-sources-70031273

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Mentioned a few days ago how previous presidents during national tragedies and wars had approval ratings over 80% while Trump only saw a tiny bump into the mid 40's (still near all time lows). Since then, the numbers have predictably dropped.

He’s really just the fucking worst and most people know it:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/08/trump-approval-ratings-coronavirus-176105

The briefings aren’t working: Trump’s approval rating takes a dip

Views of Trump’s coronavirus response are now breaking down along familiar lines of polarization.

President Trump

In times of national crisis, the American people typically come together behind their president.

But not this one.

Donald Trump isn’t benefiting from what political scientists refer to as a “rally ‘round the flag” effect — a traditional surge in popularity as the nation unites behind its leader during an emergency situation.

Even as the country confronts the greatest disruption to daily life since World War II, a series of new polls released this week show Trump’s approval ratings plateauing in the mid-40s, roughly where his approval rating stood a month ago, before the coronavirus shuttered much of the nation’s economic and social activity. 

In other words, public views of Trump’s leadership in the coronavirus crisis are now breaking down along familiar lines of polarization: Americans view his performance during the pandemic about the same way they view his performance generally.

Throughout the first three years of his presidency, Trump’s approval rating has traded in a narrow band. But his failure to unite the country behind his leadership also reflects Americans’ judgment of his handling of the outbreak thus far: In poll after poll this week, increasing percentages say they think Trump is doing a bad job, and his administration hasn’t done enough to protect citizens from the effects of Covid-

The mixed-to-negative views of Trump’s handling of the coronavirus emergency also poses a significant threat to his reelection prospects, now that former Vice President Joe Biden has emerged as the presumptive Democratic nominee and the virus threatens to become the dominant issue of the 2020 campaign.

“There’s no ‘rally ‘round the flag’ because people see he hasn’t been handling it well,” said Margie Omero, a Democratic pollster who collaborates on a Navigator Research project that has been tracking public opinion of the outbreak and Trump’s response.

On Wednesday, six separate pollsters released new surveys. In all six, Trump’s approval rating was below 50 percent, ranging between 40 percent and 45 percent. And each suggested Americans had at best a mixed opinion of his response to the virus, and those with trendlines from weeks earlier in the crisis showed an uptick in the percentage of those critical of Trump’s response.

Trump’s low approval ratings early in a crisis defy historical precedent. Presidents, dating back to the start of the modern polling era after World War II, typically see their approval ratings rise significantly when the country faces emergencies, though they more typically occur around international conflicts, mostly involving the military.

According to Gallup’s archives, John F. Kennedy’s approval rating stood at 61 percent at the start of the Cuban Missile Crisis in the fall of 1962, but it had surged to 74 percent a month later.

In October 1979, Jimmy Carter had a 31 percent approval rating. But after the siege of the U.S. embassy in Iran, Carter’s approval topped 50 percent in early December and hit a high of 58 percent in January 1980. It didn’t begin sagging again until the spring of 1980, and Carter was defeated by Ronald Reagan in November.

More recently, George H.W. Bush’s approval rating shot up from 58 percent in early January 1991, to as high as 87 percent following the climax of Operation Desert Storm, the U.S.-led military action to drive Iraqi forces out of Kuwait.

Bush’s son, George W. Bush, had a 51 percent approval rating in the Gallup poll conducted in the four days leading up to the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. By the end of the month, as Bush handled the immediate recovery and investigation, his approval rating hit 90 percent.

Trump, by contrast, saw only the slightest increases in his approval ratings. According to the RealClearPolitics average, his approval rating stood at 44.5 percent a month ago, on March 8. By last week, it had ticked up to 47.4 percent — but as of Wednesday afternoon, including the new polls, it was back down to 45.2 percent.

“We saw something,” said Patrick Murray, the director of the Monmouth University Polling Institute. “Whatever we saw was certainly not anywhere what the typical rally effect would look like, but there was a slight bump for him.”

Monmouth’s new poll, out Wednesday, showed Trump’s overall approval rating at 44 percent, down slightly from 46 percent last month, during the early days of the crisis.

In the new Monmouth poll, 46 percent of respondents said Trump was doing a good job dealing with the coronavirus outbreak, while 49 percent said he was doing a bad job. Last month, 50 percent said Trump was doing a good job, compared to 45 percent who said he was doing a bad job.

That slightly increasing dissatisfaction with the federal response to the crisis was echoed in other polls. A new CNN/SSRS poll out Wednesday showed 45 percent of Americans approve of the way Trump is handling the outbreak, while 52 percent disapprove. The previous poll was conducted in early March — days before any significant restrictions or physical and social distancing measures were recommended — and it showed a similar, 7-point spread between the percentages of Americans who disapproved and approved of Trump’s performance on the issue.

A Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday also showed a narrow majority disapproved of how Trump is handling the situation — 51 percent disapprove, compared to 46 percent who approve. That poll actually showed up a slight uptick in Trump’s overall job approval, to 45 percent, compared with the previous poll in early March, before any of the distancing measures were put in place by the federal government.

Those numbers were echoed by a POLITICO/Morning Consult poll out early Wednesday — which showed Trump’s approval rating at 44 percent, unchanged from four weeks ago at the start of the crisis — and other surveys released by Reuters/Ipsos and Navigator Research, the Democratic operation.

Private political polling generally shows the same stability — and a lack of a bounce — for Trump. Scott Tranter, the co-founder of the Republican data firm 0ptimus, told POLITICO that Trump’s job ratings have been relatively unchanged over the course of their polling. Some governors, Tranter said, have seen upticks in their approval ratings, while perceptions of Congress dipped during the negotiations over the last rescue package, which was passed and signed into law in late March after a week of back-and-forth between the parties on Capitol Hill.

Advertisement

Republicans aren’t sweating public opinion of Trump amid the Covid-19 pandemic, though the Trump campaign last week did tout results from battleground-state surveys that it said showed Trump with far greater approval ratings for his handling of the situation than in public polls. 

Neil Newhouse, a partner at the GOP polling firm Public Opinion Strategies, said Trump’s near-constant approval ratings have always demonstrated that he has “a high floor and a very low ceiling.”

“He doesn’t have the room to grow that far. That’s just his ceiling,” Newhouse said. “People came into this with preconceived notions about the president, and there’s nothing he can do about that.”

While Trump’s approval ratings have dipped slightly in recent days, Newhouse cautioned that a strong response to the crisis in the upcoming weeks could reverse that negative momentum, at least at the margins.

“I think it’s still too soon to come to a verdict about how the president’s handled this,” he said. “There’s still a long way to go.”

Omero, the Democratic pollster and partner at GBAO Strategies, said Navigator’s data “beneath the surface” is more ominous for Trump. In the new poll out Wednesday, only 42 percent of voters said the word “competent” describes his reaction to the coronavirus, while 49 percent said it doesn’t apply. Forty percent say “honest” describes Trump’s handling of the situation, while 54 percent said it does not.

Part of what Trump can’t undo, Omero said, is his initial response to the virus during the earliest days of the outbreak. “He obviously downplayed the threat in the beginning, so I think people are responding to that,” she said.

Whether it’s the consistent polarization that has characterized his presidency or a specific reaction to his response to this grave crisis, it’s clear that Americans’ views of Trump break from U.S. political tradition.

“At the end of the day, the fact that there wasn’t a huge rally effect given the severity and the breadth of this crisis is really what’s unusual here,” said Monmouth’s Murray. “And it says a lot about Trump’s unwillingness or inability to capitalize on a moment like this.”

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Forgot to mention...I spoke with a fellow looking to refinance today. He starts the conversation by asking me "so what's my boy Trump got the rates down to today?"

He was serious. Fucking idiots. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    What type of message is sent to members of the "assembled" media (more than ten) when they trot this "plenty of video" confrontational magabobblehead out there to actually emmcee THESE BRIEFINGS.

Maybe they'll just cancel the dailies all together, because, you know, they are SO unfair.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    BARR on FOX

Attorney General William Barr told Fox News "anchor" Laura Ingraham Wednesday that he was disappointed over what he perceives as "partisan attacks" leveled against President Trump during the coronavirus pandemic and blasted reporters for waging a "jihad" to discredit the effectiveness of the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine.

"It's very disappointing because I think the president went out at the beginning of [the coronavirus pandemic] and really was statesmanlike, trying to bring people together, working with all the governors," Barr said. "Keeping his patience as he as he got these snarky, gotcha questions from the White House media pool and the stridency of the partisan attacks on him has gotten higher and higher."

"We cannot keep for a long period of time our economy shut down just on the public health thing. It means less cancer. Cancer researchers or at home. A lot of the disease reaches researchers who will save lives in the future. That's being held in abeyance," Barr said. "The money that goes into these institutions, whether philanthropic sources or government sources, is going to be reduced. We will have a weaker health care system if we go into a deep depression. So it just measured it in lives. The cure cannot be worse than the disease."

any questions?
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    edited April 2020
    Soul-eater still trying to kill us. Putin celebrating. I pay federal taxes for services. I guess I don't need to pay them any longer. #TrumpGenocide

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-ending-coronavirus-testing-federal-funding-981234/
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:
    Soul-eater still trying to kill us. Putin celebrating. I pay federal taxes for services. I guess I don't need to pay them any longer. #TrumpGenocide

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-ending-coronavirus-testing-federal-funding-981234/
    He doesn't care about americans. And certainly not the average american.
  • Options
    Kat said:

He doesn't care about americans. And certainly not the average american.
    I heard the one in my county has to shut down on Friday because of this. My county has been the hardest hit of any of the Philly suburbs too.

I think all this is about is keeping the real numbers lower than what they actually are. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    Kat said:

From the article:

“Any time a reduction in accessibility in a health resource happens, it is the most vulnerable populations that suffer,” Bilal continued. “People with access to more resources (wealthier, more educated, etc.) tend to have the ability to access those resources through other means (in this case, private testing through referral from the doctor they usually see). Low-income people tend to access health care much more often through urgent care (which isn’t being used that much these days in cities like Philadelphia, for fear of the epidemic).”

I certainly hope voters remember this in November
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options

good thing that #warondrugs got re-fired up.

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Hi! said:
    rollback critical health and environmental protections

seems like a good idea during a respiratory disease pandemic
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Kat said:

Ok, I'll pay my taxes...but I still think he's trying to kill us.

Headline from Rolling Stone:
    Following Backlash, Trump Admin Now Says Funding for COVID-19 Testing Sites Will Continue

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Kat said:
    Kat said:

Ok, I'll pay my taxes...but I still think he's trying to kill us.

Headline from Rolling Stone:
    Following Backlash, Trump Admin Now Says Funding for COVID-19 Testing Sites Will Continue

Following Backlash
    Following Backlash
    Following Backlash

that's the only thing that mattered to tRUmp here

not being a leader
    not doing the right thing
    not following advice from experts

the terrible optics was the only thing that mattered at the end of the day
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    He's a shitty human being and an even shittier president.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484

• Options
    "“racketeering enterprising” lawsuit against them" Sounds interesting.

From Law & Crime:
    Trump Family Loses Huge Court Fight to Force Fraud and Deceptive Practices Lawsuit into Secret Arbitration
    by Colin Kalmbacher | 2:46 pm, April 9th, 2020

President Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump and the Trump Organization just suffered a major defeat in federal court–losing a battle to have a years-old so-called “racketeering enterprising” lawsuit against them decided via secret arbitration. Those claims are now all but certain to be litigated publicly.

https://lawandcrime.com/lawsuit/trump-family-loses-huge-court-fight-to-force-racketeering-enterprise-lawsuit-into-secret-arbitration/?utm_source=mostpopular

• Options
    Kat said:
    "“racketeering enterprising” lawsuit against them" Sounds interesting.

From Law & Crime:
    Trump Family Loses Huge Court Fight to Force Fraud and Deceptive Practices Lawsuit into Secret Arbitration
    by Colin Kalmbacher | 2:46 pm, April 9th, 2020

President Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump and the Trump Organization just suffered a major defeat in federal court–losing a battle to have a years-old so-called “racketeering enterprising” lawsuit against them decided via secret arbitration. Those claims are now all but certain to be litigated publicly.

https://lawandcrime.com/lawsuit/trump-family-loses-huge-court-fight-to-force-racketeering-enterprise-lawsuit-into-secret-arbitration/?utm_source=mostpopular

Good. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Someone seems like he's in a mad hurry to get down to Florida for the rebirth of Jesus.
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Now imagine his.....

Advisers 
    Believers
    Enablers
    Followers
    Supporters 
    Voters
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    FISA footnote 350.

fusion gps and Russia colluding on dossier? No way, that can’t be true!  

Uh-oh, told you so.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    FISA footnote 350.

Uh-oh, told you so.
    only being reported by far right news outlets.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    FISA footnote 350.

Uh-oh, told you so.
    Is this about Trump's 2.5 months of inaction during the beginning of a worldwide pandemic?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    FISA footnote 350.

Uh-oh, told you so.
    Is this about Trump's 2.5 months of inaction during the beginning of a worldwide pandemic?
    There was no inaction. 
    Unless by "inaction " you meant his worrying about how it would reflect on him.
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Now imagine his.....

Advisers 
    Believers
    Enablers
    Followers
    Supporters 
    Voters
    Oh, I know....we live in MO and encounter a lot of them all the time.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
This discussion has been closed.