Donald Trump

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    ikiT said:
    You left out Amy Klobuchar and Julian Castro and Tulsi Gabbard and Tom Steyer.  

AND Cory Booker and Kamala Harris.

I'm pretty sure John Delaney AND Tim Ryan are still running.  Marianne Williamson, too.

They should consolidate, platform up, and organize already.  Take it to him.
    Yes I just picked a few ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    The letter to Erdogan is one of the most insane things I have read.  He went full twitter mode with more characters and thought this was a good letter?  Dude is insane and as articulate as a 4th grader. 

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    yeah and reports are that Erdogan threw it in the trash....so the tough guy approach didn't work at all

"I will call you later"....seriously?  What a fucking stupid thing to put in a letter
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    I've never ready a professional (i.e., job-related) letter, memo, email, etc. written like that.  Not everyone is a great writer, but this is clearly written by someone who has never really had to put a lot of effort into professional communication.  A lifetime of being surrounded by sycophants who do your bidding is probably the cause.  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I will call you later.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited October 2019
    Smellyman said:
    The letter to Erdogan is one of the most insane things I have read.  He went full twitter mode with more characters and thought this was a good letter?  Dude is insane and as articulate as a 4th grader. 

The world looks at Trump as a joke. Right in the bin. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50080737
  • ikiT said:
    I will call you later.
    Don't be a tough guy.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Smellyman said:
    Don't let the bullies bully you H2M.

#IStandWithH2M
    LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    benjs said:
    Jesus Christ when did it become ok to label other poster with labels like sex ist when you disagree with them? 

If you disagree you get a label. You get the “false equivalency” junk, you get all kinds of the words of the day. 

It’s clear some are ok with minor crimes as long as it’s their team. I get it, it’s frustrating. Id be tempted. But it’s not right. Hugh is correct and from what I’ve seen on this forums is far from a sexist. So just stop the nonsense labels.
    When is it okay to label posters as advocating for violence when the person who posted did nothing of the sort and then accuse them of hiding behind something. Yea it’s fucking old when certain posters complain about the same shit they themselves do and whine about it. There’s a difference between disagreeing and coming across as sexist. That’s lost on some however.

Shall I repost all the “labels” I’ve been labeled? 
    i know I'm 6 pages late, but this is hilarious:

Halifax2TheMax said:
    "And no I’m not advocating violence, just pointing out that sometimes violence is necessary to enact the change you want to see"

I'm not going to keep arguing your sexist bullshit because that's exactly what it is, and it seems many here agree that you're totally off  base with that.  I guess the crazy notion of voting for someone based on merit and not gender is sexist to some. or was it because I found AOC to be annoying or something of the like (which I later actually changed my mind on)? I don't know. 

Maybe AOC an Omar are sexist now too since they are endorsing Sanders instead of Warren? 
    Regarding AOC, you slammed her not on policy, and as you are an admitted father of daughters, I found your slam sexist and offensive because the way you slammed her, seemed to be solely on her gender and in a way that seemed her gender was the only thing responsible. My response to your post was something along the lines, “is that how you would talk to your daughters or would you have the same expectations of them as women?” And you threw a hissy fit and accused me of making you out to be some unfit parent or some shit. And then there was your deleted post. That’s hilarious because you're the one who brought it back up, after claiming the virtues of the ignore feature.

Regarding violence, as a privileged white male, I don’t feel the need to advocate for or act violently for the change I want to see. I can’t say that for others, particularly oppressed minorities. You seem to have difficulty drawing distinctions between top down advocacy for violence, Team Trump Treason style, his minions and their lack of condemnation of same and bottom up, organic or not, what has been deemed, on here anyway, “the left.” One is authoritarian and “state” sanctioned and the other is "knuckle heads" acting up. Again, you claimed both sides are the same or that by doing so, they would be. And yes, sometimes violence perpetrated by the downtrodden and oppressed is necessary for things to change. Particularly when peaceful and lawful means have resulted in zero change. Those MAGA hats elicit a pretty strong emotional response from me but not one that would lead me to swipe it off someone's head, spit in their face or otherwise do anything violent or intimidating. I can't say the same for someone who had a family member beaten in a Charlottesville parking garage or detained or their relative kids separated at the border or their pussy grabbed. To think violence isn't sometimes necessary, or justified, is to ignore history. I can understand the distinction, can you?

AOC and Omar are throwing their support behind the candidate that most closely aligns with their beliefs. Or maybe its sexists?
    I said I found her annoying on twitter. THAT. WAS. IT. and you took that all the way to me being sexist, which, as we know, is absolute bullshit. and how many months ago was that? jesus, come up with some new material.

I also don't give a fuck what gender you are when I vote. man better than woman? I vote man. woman better than man? I vote woman. voting for a woman based on nothing but her gender is sexism. chachi. 

what deleted post? sorry, I don't keep forum notes. 

I didn't have a "hissy" fit. I took issue with you taking a jab at me (and coming from the biggest "you disagree with me so I'm going to call you names/labels" whiner on the forum, that's rich). yes, I have mentioned I have daughters. That doesn't give you carte blanche to start making personal statements about them or me. I was annoyed, yes, but I don't get triggered by your bullshit anymore. 

never claimed both sides are the same. never. never as much as implied it. but keep saying it. someday you might get your wish and it will magically make it true. I didn't get an attendance sheet, but I haven't heard of any of the people there at that rally committing assault had been, or had family members, in charlottesville. 

violence is only necessary when personally threatened with such. Not just because someone is wearing shitty read hats. 
    Triggered, bahahahajhahahaha! New material? You’re the one who resurrected the past. Lol! Have a great evening!  :)
    As far as I can see, you only come here to have fun at other peoples' expense. It's pathetic and counter-productive, and I don't understand your MO at all. 
    “You only come here to have fun at other peoples’ expense?” No, I come here to express my opinions and to disagree with those opinions I disagree with. As much as some posters want to project onto me, I’m not questioning their parenthood skills, calling them names, trying to get them “in trouble with the principal,” nor do I control what they type or how they express themselves. I’m posting my opinion about their opinion and other news of the day. Tough if they don’t like or disagree with it. I too “read between the lines,” make note of the passive aggressiveness and snark and veiled comments, such as “chachi.” (A Happy Days put down, LOL).

As if, I’m the only one who comes here “to have fun at other peoples’ expense?” Maybe I come here to just post on the internet, as someone so eloquently put it? So many seem to have me all figured out that maybe they should be in psychiatry, if they’re not already?
    that's what all of us, presumably, are here for; to discuss. I have no issue with disagreeing with people. It happens all the time. the issue I take is the personal attacks and labels you assign to people who challenge you. you do it constantly, whether you admit it or not. you only get away with it because of your politics.

who doesn't love chachi? LOL Scott Baio, not so much. 

but hey, that's just my "bs opinion". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I can't say I ever thought tRump would do the G7 at his own property....this is a giant "fuck you" to everyone
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Any bets on who might be a no show?

Falling down,...not staying down
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Smellyman said:

He's a fourth grade letter writer.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Smellyman said:

He's a fourth grade letter writer.
    His punctuation is perfect!  That isn't taught until at least 5th grade, right?
    I told you Mike Pence would straighten all of this out.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    "Civilization is very happy." 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Seems like bullshit, but what do I know?
    I will call you later.

edited October 2019
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Quite a day

1. Mulvaney admits quid pro quo
    2. G7 corruption
    3. Sundland further reinforces the corruption in testimony
    4. US cedes territory and bases to Turkey. US gets nothing. 
    5. Perry resigns
    Total and utter capitulation
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:
    Quite a day

2. G7 corruption
    5. Perry resigns
    What's the deal with Perry? He was stepping down before so is he just speeding that up now?
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Quite a day

2. G7 corruption
    5. Perry resigns
    What's the deal with Perry? He was stepping down before so is he just speeding that up now?
    No he denied that previous report from a week or two ago I believe. 

I can't believe Pence negotiated a retreat  AND the Kurds have to give up their land and arms.  Despicable!!
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Quite a day

2. G7 corruption
    5. Perry resigns
    No he denied that previous report from a week or two ago I believe. 

I can't believe Pence negotiated a retreat  AND the Kurds have to give up their land and arms.  Despicable!!
    Oh, I missed that news day (or minute) I guess. 

So much shit to wade through.
    Just heard that we will be bombing our bases behind us so that Turkey (our alleged NATO ally) and Russia don't take them or our technology.  Unbelievable.  I'm in shock. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Just heard that we will be bombing our bases behind us so that Turkey (our alleged NATO ally) and Russia don't take them or our technology.  Unbelievable.  I'm in shock. 
    A little late for that. There is video out there from a day or two ago of Russians roaming through the abandoned american bases.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    mrussel1 said:
    Quite a day

2. G7 corruption
    5. Perry resigns
    goddamn. what a news day to wake up to.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A little late for that. There is video out there from a day or two ago of Russians roaming through the abandoned american bases.
    Yup, 

Video shows Russian-speaking man at abandoned U.S. base in Syria

Really brilliant move by Trump, showing lots of planning, forethought, and consideration of the intelligence and military communities. Or not.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

This discussion has been closed.