Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

vaggar99 said:
    yep, we live in a pretty dumb country.
    The bald look would never work, he would then have more hair on his eye rows than on his head. Lol.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
     Yeah but  when Republicans toe the mark and walk the line,  the evidence is very clear, they lose every single time.   When politicians start backpedaling and apologizing for this that and the other thing they're toast.  Unfortunately it is a smash mouth competition
    Unfortunately the strategy of being brash and cocky and ( in Donald's case) uncouth works.
    Don’t you mean, “and (in Team Trump Treason’s case) racist, misogynistic, homophobic and sexist works?”

”uncouth?” What an excuse.
    Lables labels labels labels, it's the easiest out.
    It Inoculates you and every other leftist from linear thought.
    You're thought process is all based on emotion.  You believe what ever the hell you want, you are driven by emotions not actual reality whatever you want it to be is what you believe. 
    Have you ever been around ordinary people, or a bunch of iron workers, or a road crew or or any other type of blue collar hard hat lunch bucket folks????
    They don't give a s*** about all those labels.  They want results.
    If Donald Trump showed you his toenail clippers you would freak out man. That's how derailed you've gotten in this out rage culture.  
    You think all these other politicians and presidents forget people in government,,,you think people in general throughout the ages past present and future are squeaky clean as the pure driven snow?  Tell me who is.

I get it, you’re okay with a racist, misogynistic, homophobic, xenophobic and sexist asshole as POTUS because Team Trump Treason wears those labels well. Uncouth.
    Same old labels different day.  Have at it my friend.
    It's got nothing to do with being ok with all those lables.  Until your side does some work to understand The Why...  You are going to continue to ask yourselves why??
    Same old facts, different week. The facts about Team Trump Treason that have existed as long as he’s been alive. Facts ever matter to you? Ever try to understand how Team Trump Treason has screwed over those “blue collar” types you appear to identify with and care so much about? You ever been around the “other?” You know, the minority, the immigrant, the homosexual or transgendered? You ever “been around” the sexually assaulted? You ever been around the screwed over and marginalized, sold a bill of goods, maybe a swamp? You ever been around really, really smart people? Like intelligent? And I don’t mean like “life is like a box of chocolates” intelligent. Like people who drive innovation and the future, like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Elon Musk intelligent? Until your side understands facts, the significance of them and how you’re being played as a sucker, you’ll get absolutely everything you deserve. I don’t ask myself why because I know why and I’m willing to bet that.  :)
    Stupid is as a stupid does

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,605
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
     Yeah but  when Republicans toe the mark and walk the line,  the evidence is very clear, they lose every single time.   When politicians start backpedaling and apologizing for this that and the other thing they're toast.  Unfortunately it is a smash mouth competition
    Unfortunately the strategy of being brash and cocky and ( in Donald's case) uncouth works.
    Don’t you mean, “and (in Team Trump Treason’s case) racist, misogynistic, homophobic and sexist works?”

You're thought process is all based on emotion.  You believe what ever the hell you want, you are driven by emotions not actual reality whatever you want it to be is what you believe. 
    Have you ever been around ordinary people, or a bunch of iron workers, or a road crew or or any other type of blue collar hard hat lunch bucket folks????
    If Donald Trump showed you his toenail clippers you would freak out man. That's how derailed you've gotten in this out rage culture.  
    You think all these other politicians and presidents forget people in government,,,you think people in general throughout the ages past present and future are squeaky clean as the pure driven snow?  Tell me who is.

I get it, you’re okay with a racist, misogynistic, homophobic, xenophobic and sexist asshole as POTUS because Team Trump Treason wears those labels well. Uncouth.
    It's got nothing to do with being ok with all those lables.  Until your side does some work to understand The Why...  You are going to continue to ask yourselves why??
    Same old facts, different week. The facts about Team Trump Treason that have existed as long as he’s been alive. Facts ever matter to you? Ever try to understand how Team Trump Treason has screwed over those “blue collar” types you appear to identify with and care so much about? You ever been around the “other?” You know, the minority, the immigrant, the homosexual or transgendered? You ever “been around” the sexually assaulted? You ever been around the screwed over and marginalized, sold a bill of goods, maybe a swamp? You ever been around really, really smart people? Like intelligent? And I don’t mean like “life is like a box of chocolates” intelligent. Like people who drive innovation and the future, like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Elon Musk intelligent? Until your side understands facts, the significance of them and how you’re being played as a sucker, you’ll get absolutely everything you deserve. I don’t ask myself why because I know why and I’m willing to bet that.  :)

:) 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Not every Baffoon supporter is a racist but every racist did vote for him , if you were in the audience and chanted throw her out you are a racist ! He’s a racist plain & simple ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Not every Baffoon supporter is a racist but every racist did vote for him
    Well I’ll be darned. You’re coming around. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

I'd love for you to reply to my take that Trump is the master of emotional manipulation.  With all due respect, I think your take on his most ardent supporters is wrong.  He stokes and plays to it.  I don't know how you can argue that his supporters are focused on results when 1. We really don't have any, other than low unemployment which is a continuation and 2. they work themselves into a frenzy at political rallies.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

I'd love for you to reply to my take that Trump is the master of emotional manipulation.  With all due respect, I think your take on his most ardent supporters is wrong.  He stokes and plays to it.  I don't know how you can argue that his supporters are focused on results when 1. We really don't have any, other than low unemployment which is a continuation and 2. they work themselves into a frenzy at political rallies.  
    It's not a matter of results. It's simply a matter of fandom, which is the case with the supporters of most politicians really. It's not that different than cheering for your favorite sports players/teams. Or having a favorite musician or actor. Still not sure what Trump's appeal is though. I get it that some people are just conservative so they want him in there to appoint conservative justices, etc. That's fair enough. But for the people that are simply "fans," it's like being a fan of the Kardashians. Mindless entertainment I guess. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

It's not a matter of results. It's simply a matter of fandom, which is the case with the supporters of most politicians really. It's not that different than cheering for your favorite sports players/teams. Or having a favorite musician or actor. Still not sure what Trump's appeal is though. I get it that some people are just conservative so they want him in there to appoint conservative justices, etc. That's fair enough. But for the people that are simply "fans," it's like being a fan of the Kardashians. Mindless entertainment I guess. 
    Spot on, and I feel like you're right of center, is that correct?  I'm left of center but not far left.  I think Ryme is off base on the assessment.  
  • Options
    Not every Baffoon supporter is a racist but every racist did vote for him
    Well I’ll be darned. You’re coming around. 
    To what ? Hell if you voted for him you do support him and his policies ! I’m not calling you or anyone here a racist just pointing out you stand with him on most issues if you voted for him ...
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Spot on, and I feel like you're right of center, is that correct?  I'm left of center but not far left.  I think Ryme is off base on the assessment.  
    That's correct. I lean right on most issues (but like you with the left, I'm not that far right), yet I tend to vote for Democrats more often than Republicans because, at least in the congressional races I vote in, the Republican usually comes off like a bigger dick. I was intending to vote Republican in the 2016 presidential election, but couldn't because of Trump. I was liking Kasich in the primaries.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

In every election the 2 candidates are after the swing voters right?  I vote for the conservative regardless of who it is.  Trump hasn't manipulated my mind in any way.  He was the most conservative choice at election time.
    Most conservatives vote for whoever has the R next to their name at the election time. Most conservatives would have voted for Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, John Kasich, Carly Fiorina, Dr. Ben Carson over whoever the Democrats candidate was.
    Most liberals and Democrats vote for whoever has the D behind their name at election time right? For most conservatives that I know Trump was our last Choice during those primaries.
    He obviously won the primaries and then that was our choice at election time regardless of whatever personal flaws he has.  So at the election time R or D is the choice.  Swing voters don't pay as much attention to R or D.
    So basically it's about winning over enough swings to get over the top.

• Options
    RYME said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

In every election the 2 candidates are after the swing voters right?  I vote for the conservative regardless of who it is.  Trump hasn't manipulated my mind in any way.  He was the most conservative choice at election time.
    Most conservatives vote for whoever has the R next to their name at the election time. Most conservatives would have voted for Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, John Kasich, Carly Fiorina, Dr. Ben Carson over whoever the Democrats candidate was.
    Most liberals and Democrats vote for whoever has the D behind their name at election time right? For most conservatives that I know Trump was our last Choice during those primaries.
    He obviously won the primaries and then that was our choice at election time regardless of whatever personal flaws he has.  So at the election time R or D is the choice.  Swing voters don't pay as much attention to R or D.

I would take substantial issue with your statement that Trump is the most conservative of the bunch.  Just look at the deficit and debt.  However, I won't argue with the rest, but it doesn't address your statement that Trump voters are about results not emotions.  You have to know that Trump doesn't bring intellectual appeal, he brings emotional appeal. 
  • Options
    MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Mmmmm the taste of irony is really strong with this one
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

I would take substantial issue with your statement that Trump is the most conservative of the bunch.  Just look at the deficit and debt.  However, I won't argue with the rest, but it doesn't address your statement that Trump voters are about results not emotions.  You have to know that Trump doesn't bring intellectual appeal, he brings emotional appeal. 
    Well I dont know how else to put it.
    Fiscal conservatism went out the window long ago. It's more about big government small government taxes less taxes regulations military size etc.  The same differences liberals and conservatives have always had.
  • Options
    RYME said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Fiscal conservatism went out the window long ago. It's more about big government small government taxes less taxes regulations military size etc.  The same differences liberals and conservatives have always had.
    So you're sticking with the theory that Trump doesn't play on emotions, only intellect?
  • Options
    RYME said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

He ran on balancing the budget , draining the swamp making the best deals ...

• Options
    RYME said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

And the wall Jose, don’t forget the big, beautiful wall.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Jeez, Trump up to 50% approval according to Rasmussen, ahead of where Obama was at this point in his presidency.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jul19

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    Jeez, Trump up to 50% approval according to Rasmussen, ahead of where Obama was at this point in his presidency.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jul19
    Rasmussen is biased to favor conservatives. Actual approval is still around 43%

• Options

Rasmussen is biased to favor conservatives. Actual approval is still around 43%

Yeah the Real Clear Politics average have him at 44.7% 
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html#polls

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Ok
    This idea that you have to be sexist and racist in order to vote for this Donald Trump is absurd.
    Do you think the left and you guys  and gales would have been any kinder towards Ted Cruz, or Marco Rubio?
    Be honest.  If Ted Cruz had won the nomination, somebody would go and find a high school girlfriend and do to him what they tried  to do to Brett Kavanaugh right or wrong.
    Halifax would be typing Team CRUZ Treason
    52 times a day.  And every Ted Cruz supporter would be considered sexist and racist pigs.
    Who knows what they would have done to Carly Fiorina They would have to attack her a different way.  But as you see what they do to Sarah Huckabee they have no problem smearing her all over the place, going on about her name names, figure ( That Correspondents dinner or whatever was wild)  So they would find a way to sabotage Carly Fiorina.  Doesn't matter who it is.
    Mitt Romney keeps his women in binders right?
    They all run on balancing the budget but George W was a big spender his daddy was a big spender and Reagan was a big spender so fiscal conservatism went the way of the dinosaurs many moons ago.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Even an approval rating of 45% makes you wonder...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    RYME said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

And the wall Jose, don’t forget the big, beautiful wall.

And that, much more than balancing the budget, is what people vote for him on.  

Ryme is correct...that kind of fiscal conservatism is long dead.  And, frankly, there's never been a critical enough mass to fix that from the left or right.  So the GOP can grab a few votes by pretending to be the party of fiscal responsibility because some people equate low taxes with that.  But I don't recall a lot of people saying "Trump's going to balance the budget."  What they said was "build the wall."  Right now the GOP's old messages (which haven't been very true since, I don't know, Eisenhower) are not resonating...what is resonating is "us vs. them."  Them are: immigrants (oh, I'm sorry, ILLEGAL immigrants), media, liberals, etc.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    RYME said:
    Ok
    This idea that you have to be sexist and racist in order to vote for this Donald Trump is absurd.
    Do you think the left and you guys  and gales would have been any kinder towards Ted Cruz, or Marco Rubio?
    Be honest.  If Ted Cruz had won the nomination, somebody would go and find a high school girlfriend and do to him what they tried  to do to Brett Kavanaugh right or wrong.
    52 times a day.  And every Ted Cruz supporter would be considered sexist and racist pigs.
    Who knows what they would have done to Carly Fiorina They would have to attack her a different way.  But as you see what they do to Sarah Huckabee they have no problem smearing her all over the place, going on about her name names, figure ( That Correspondents dinner or whatever was wild)  So they would find a way to sabotage Carly Fiorina.  Doesn't matter who it is.
    They all run on balancing the budget but George W was a big spender his daddy was a big spender and Reagan was a big spender so fiscal conservatism went the way of the dinosaurs many moons ago.
    It’s ok dude you voted/will vote for him again the man is a vile human with not one ounce of class in his flabby body...
  • Options
    RYME said:
    Ok
    Would Ted Crud and Marco the Rube collude with Russia to throw an election? Would either of them brag about grabbing women by the pussy? How about be exposed for paying off porn stars? Lie to the Special Counsel investigating their conduct? Lie to the American people well over 10,000 times after not taking the oath of office? Cost American tax payers $106,000,000 to date for playing golf after campaigning on being too busy fixing America’s ills to do so? Maybe you can figure out the answer to your question?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    RYME said:
    Ok
    There's some truth to this. Over the course of my life, the left has decried most republican politicians as rich, racist assholes. So when an actual rich, racist asshole like Trump shows up, they're left kind of looking like the boy who cried rich, racist asshole. 

And while I do think most of the folks here would be hating on Cruz and Rubio, Trump is different. And you know that. He's not like them or any typical Republican that wants to balance a budget or whatever. If his "act" could have gotten over with Democrats in 2016, he'd be standing beside AOC today complaining about the migrant detention centers...and probably trying to grab her pussy. He's an opportunist. 

So I get both sides: People like most of the folks here that think he's the worst thing ever, and people like yourself that think "Yeah well too bad. It's our turn to have our guy in the White House." 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Opportunist is right.  I've said since the beginning that he has no moral center at all.  
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Racist is not even a question anymore, the scary part is how many supporters are racist too ..
    Does anyone still doubt my projections of how many Team Trump Treason supporters are racist? Are folks still in denial? Or do they just believe racism isn’t a problem in ‘Murica? And was Hillary wrong to call them “deplorables?” If not that, what adjective would you use to describe those folks at Team Trump Treason’s rally last night? The ones chanting?
    I agree with this.  

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    RYME said:
    Ok
    There's some truth to this. Over the course of my life, the left has decried most republican politicians as rich, racist assholes. So when an actual rich, racist asshole like Trump shows up, they're left kind of looking like the boy who cried rich, racist asshole. 

And while I do think most of the folks here would be hating on Cruz and Rubio, Trump is different. And you know that. He's not like them or any typical Republican that wants to balance a budget or whatever. If his "act" could have gotten over with Democrats in 2016, he'd be standing beside AOC today complaining about the migrant detention centers...and probably trying to grab her pussy. He's an opportunist. 

So I get both sides: People like most of the folks here that think he's the worst thing ever, and people like yourself that think "Yeah well too bad. It's our turn to have our guy in the White House." 
    We'd be hating on them like we hated on Bush. (and some of us were doing that on this very messageboard...or an older version of it).

But Trump is absolutely different.  Nobody has been as much about "me" as Trump...and I really don't think Cruz would be either.  Warming up to despots? Bragging about crowd size? Being a thin-skinned snowflake?  I don't know that any of the others would have done any of this. I know very few people agree with me...but with the media being the enemy of the people, the nepotism, the disregard for checks-and-balances (and the GOP's role in that) i really believe we're legitimately on the road toward authoritarianism (assuming Trump wins in 2020).  I don't think I'd feel that way with any other president.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders?  She deserved what she got. She turned that office into a conspiracy-theory-producing factory of lies.  She, just like, Barr, and just like everyone in the White House worked for Trump.  Not the people. Trump.

And I'll say that race has been an issue in the GOP for a long time.  Reagan kicking off his campaign talking states rights in Philadelphia, Mississippi?  His role in the popularization of the term "Welfare Queen."  Willie Horton.  W/Rove's "Push-Poll" that implied John McCain had illegitimately fathered a black child...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
This discussion has been closed.