Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,717
    mrussel1 said:

It makes sense.  And I guess it's a question of 'degrees' of sadness or unhappiness.  Certainly I'm not in therapy due to Trump.  If someone is, due to their empathy, then there are probably more deeply seeded issue than a GOP president.  Trump's policies piss me off and make me wonder what happened to our republic.  It makes me get involved and spur to action.  Which is a bit different than sex slaves around the world.  I can't do much about that, without leaving my family behind.  So it affects me, but it doesn't destroy my world.  So again, I think it's how each of you (you and often reading) are defining the emotions.  
    The part I bolded is really what I was trying to drive at. I didn't want to mention her because she's just some random celebrity, but Chelsea Handler actually went into therapy after Trump was elected. She's an example of the type of irrational people I'm talking about, and I felt what oftenreading was driving at was that there are many people like this in America and that Trump is ruining lives simply by his existence. In fairness to oftenreading though, his/her comment may have been more of a prideful Canada comment (on Canada day) than a look down his/her nose at Americans who are "suffering" under Trump. 

So you've gotten involved and spurred to action as a result of Trump's policies. That's good. How so? 
    Local party stuff down here in Richmond.  Abigail Spanberger (freshman rep) is basically my neighbor so I've helped out there.  Plus my son who is 17 has done some volunteering, canvassing, and those types of things.  My daughter, who is in college, is also active in local party politics, but that's in Williamsburg where she goes to school.  
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It makes sense.  And I guess it's a question of 'degrees' of sadness or unhappiness.  Certainly I'm not in therapy due to Trump.  If someone is, due to their empathy, then there are probably more deeply seeded issue than a GOP president.  Trump's policies piss me off and make me wonder what happened to our republic.  It makes me get involved and spur to action.  Which is a bit different than sex slaves around the world.  I can't do much about that, without leaving my family behind.  So it affects me, but it doesn't destroy my world.  So again, I think it's how each of you (you and often reading) are defining the emotions.  
    The part I bolded is really what I was trying to drive at. I didn't want to mention her because she's just some random celebrity, but Chelsea Handler actually went into therapy after Trump was elected. She's an example of the type of irrational people I'm talking about, and I felt what oftenreading was driving at was that there are many people like this in America and that Trump is ruining lives simply by his existence. In fairness to oftenreading though, his/her comment may have been more of a prideful Canada comment (on Canada day) than a look down his/her nose at Americans who are "suffering" under Trump. 

So you've gotten involved and spurred to action as a result of Trump's policies. That's good. How so? 
    Local party stuff down here in Richmond.  Abigail Spanberger (freshman rep) is basically my neighbor so I've helped out there.  Plus my son who is 17 has done some volunteering, canvassing, and those types of things.  My daughter, who is in college, is also active in local party politics, but that's in Williamsburg where she goes to school.  
    Well that's nice to hear. I feel as though a lot of people that vehemently oppose Trump complain about him a lot, but many don't really do anything tangible to oppose him. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    ikiT said:
    not impressed at fucking all.  seems like a fly by the seat of your pants, last minute, zero plan kind of a move.  SAD really.
    It's really sad, and Trump is just making friends with all the despots in the world, and making enemies of those who run democratic governments. It's ludicrous. That said, we have to admit him making a fool of himself on the NK border is a lot better than ramping up tensions.... Although it's fairly safe to say that Un is just fucking with Trump, and he could easily turn around and threaten the US with long range missiles next week. You never know with either of these freaks.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    At least there’s a shout out to Canada, today being Canada day and all.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/01/politics/donald-trump-japan-press-conference-busing/index.html
    We’re not happy like the US is happy? Absolutely correct! We are way, waaaay happier - because we don’t have Trump. 

Trump isn’t hurting the happiness of any rational Americans. Even if you flat out hate him (a reasonable enough stance), that’s no reason to be unhappy in general. 

Women in a number of states where their rights are being taken away might be less than happy. People who care about the environment might be less than happy. 
    I mean general unhappiness and being depressed because Trump is the president. Not just being against his policies. I guess I meant it in a sense that even if you hate Trump and legitimately worry about things like his position on climate change, you're not walking around forlorn looking up at the sky thinking "My God. In 12 years, it'll all be over." 

But as for women's rights, Trump's not the first pro-life president. I think what some of the states are doing, especially the recent legislation in Alabama, is egregious. But that's not Trump's fault. That's a backwards state with a backwards legislature representing it's backwards constitutes. Unless your premise is that Trump is just so mighty and his message so far-reaching that the disease of far-right conservatism is spreading to a point where a legislature like Alabama's would feel compelled to pass such a law. Then I guess it would be Trump's fault. 
    It is absolutely Trump's fault. He is the president who opened the door for those states, who have just been biding their time for the past 50 years or so, waiting for someone like Trump to finally get into the WH and to both stack the SCOTUS in a way that they felt would favour their plan to overturn RvW, and to energize the the kooked out religious base that they needed to keep the right governors in office.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited July 2019
    here you go...

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    This guy has to GO.
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    here you go...

Thanks for destroying the roads I need in NOVA and DC, doucher.  
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    Soul-eater is over-compensating for some personal shortage with those tanks. 
    It's embarrassing...we sure don't need to do that. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    mrussel1 said:

I think you're being weirdly picky about word choice and trying to pin down "happy" vs. "unhappy" and who has a right to be affected by policies of the WH. My post was a direct response to Trump's comment about Canadians being happy, but not as happy as Americans. 

However, I do stand by my comments about Trump's policies negatively affecting the lives of many Americans, and agree with the comments about empathy. Also not sure where you got the idea that I'm the one looking down my nose at people who are suffering under Trump's policies. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    it think they're just going to be off loaded from the trains and flatbedded over to the mall. 
    That's the only thing they're going to destroy,  The National Mall, you know the thing they JUST redid.

When there aren't 70 thousand people at this fucking ho-down he really should RESIGN.  What a WASTE of $$$.
  • Options
    #ITMF
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Shit’s hilarious.  There’s this ad on the radio that’s been running down here in Austin for the last year or two where you can apparently drive a tank and shoot a rocket launcher or something,  the guys like “your not a girl are you? Then man up, sissy boy, drive a tank!” Its all like tough cowboy sounding and I laugh every time I hear it. and then trump does this shit...  smh, it’s awesome because he only does it to piss off his critics. Ridiculous.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I think you're being weirdly picky about word choice and trying to pin down "happy" vs. "unhappy" and who has a right to be affected by policies of the WH. My post was a direct response to Trump's comment about Canadians being happy, but not as happy as Americans. 

However, I do stand by my comments about Trump's policies negatively affecting the lives of many Americans, and agree with the comments about empathy. Also not sure where you got the idea that I'm the one looking down my nose at people who are suffering under Trump's policies. 
    To be honest, I didn't even know Trump said that Canadians are not as happy as Americans because I didn't click Halfiax's link. And that's on me. So out of that context, your post seemed like weird shot at America. But I guess it was more of "No, Donald, you idiot" comment from you which I could understand. 

But I'm not saying who has the "right" to be affected by the polices of the white house. I won't retype it all. I guess you've read parts of it in my back and forth with mrussel1. I'm saying if you're tangibly affected by Trump's policies, then I totally understand your unhappiness. If you're not tangibly affected, even if you have great empathy for those that are, then I don't understand your unhappiness. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Homelessness just started 2 years ago.  They pose a danger to our fine police.

He said that shit.
  • Options
    you know with diseases and what not
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,898
    Shit’s hilarious.  There’s this ad on the radio that’s been running down here in Austin for the last year or two where you can apparently drive a tank and shoot a rocket launcher or something,  the guys like “your not a girl are you? Then man up, sissy boy, drive a tank!” Its all like tough cowboy sounding and I laugh every time I hear it. and then trump does this shit...  smh, it’s awesome because he only does it to piss off his critics. Ridiculous.
    no, he does it because he has a very fragile ego and pines to be feared and revered like the dictators he cozies up to. it's pathetic. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    mrussel1 said:

To be honest, I didn't even know Trump said that Canadians are not as happy as Americans because I didn't click Halfiax's link. And that's on me. So out of that context, your post seemed like weird shot at America. But I guess it was more of "No, Donald, you idiot" comment from you which I could understand. 

But I'm not saying who has the "right" to be affected by the polices of the white house. I won't retype it all. I guess you've read parts of it in my back and forth with mrussel1. I'm saying if you're tangibly affected by Trump's policies, then I totally understand your unhappiness. If you're not tangibly affected, even if you have great empathy for those that are, then I don't understand your unhappiness. 

It was definitely of the "No, Donald, you idiot" persuasion. 

This was that statement, from the Osaka press conference, by the way:

"I think Canada is happy, but they're not happy like we're happy, but they're very happy."

Okee doke. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    mrussel1 said:

Everyone is indeed Canada is tangibly affected by Trump's bullshit, plus we're gravely concerned for the welfare of others.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    So Trump is using the National Park Service's money to help fund this fucking July 4th POLITICAL RALLY of his. Unbe-fucking-lievable. So enjoy your national Trump rally Americans... just don't enjoy any national park upgrades.

Park Service diverts $2.5 million in fees for Trump’s July Fourth extravaganza

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,961
    edited July 2019
    In the grand scheme of things $2.5 million is like a nickel
    to us common folk.  Really much to do about nothing.  I m actually excited to see what happens, you really don’t see a military presence in this country unless you are on a base or in a surrounding town. 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,347
    mcgruff10 said:
    In the grand scheme of things $2.5 million is like a nickel
    to us common folk.  Really much to do about nothing.  I m actually excited to see what happens, you really don’t see a military presence in this country unless you are on a base or in a surrounding town. 
    I’d rather watch paint dry then watch anything that involves the idiot in chief getting his rocks off on the might of the military it’s disgraceful while kids sleep on concrete floors and eat days old food !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

It was definitely of the "No, Donald, you idiot" persuasion. 
    Yeah I see that now. So my bad taking you out of context. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,576
    He absolutely says and does things to piss off his critics, wind up the left, and rile up the media. 
    That's  why he is the..

TROLL-IN-CHIEF 

#ITMFA 

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522
    What do you call a potato with a penis?  dictator Donald Trump

woohoo Military parade like Kim, Putin and Adolph!  I am a big boy.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    Smellyman said:
    What do you call a potato with a penis?  dictator Donald Trump

woohoo Military parade like Kim, Putin and Adolph!  I am a big boy.

Very true
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,361
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,711
    And Putin on the ritz couldn’t possibly have influenced the election to elect Team Trump Treason. Who are the sheeple again? I dun voted for ‘em cuz that ivanka darlink is hot! ‘Murica.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,347
    Over 2million for his ego stroking parade while humans have to stand for hrs or days at a time because of overcrowding! Fuck you and fuck this 4th I’m done with patriotism!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Over 2million for his ego stroking parade while humans have to stand for hrs or days at a time because of overcrowding! Fuck you and fuck this 4th I’m done with patriotism!
    Why let one fuck blow up what patriotism means to you, and the Fourth?  
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mrussel1 said:
    Why let one fuck blow up what patriotism means to you, and the Fourth?  
    Must have been pretty shallow patriotism to begin with...
This discussion has been closed.