Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I see he's made another blunder with his airports in the Revolutionary war comment. Buffoon. And people clapped along. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Smellyman said:
    The jingoism is nauseating.
    had to look that one up.

and yes it is
    :blush:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,319
    https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/1146830015566438401?s=21
    Are these folks got realzzz or what ? Can people really be this stupid ? Damn our education system has failed us ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    I see he's made another blunder with his airports in the Revolutionary war comment. Buffoon. And people clapped along. 
    One if by land.  Two if by sea. Three if by air.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    The topic is trending on Twitter with some funny stuff...you just have to wonder.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,921
    In addition,  Fort McHenry was the war of 1812, not the revolutionary war.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,118
    Kat said:
    The topic is trending on Twitter with some funny stuff...you just have to wonder.

Haha.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    mcgruff10 said:
    In addition,  Fort McHenry was the war of 1812, not the revolutionary war.  
    I know, I noticed that too.  Funny shit all around.  
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    Like visiting 57 states during the campaign 
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Fair-ish, although trump has a million of these and the Obama comeback is only this one. 
    But what's vexing to me is the other part that seems to be from the speech itself not riffing... McGruff pointed it out earlier..

Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rocket's red glare it had nothing but victory,”

McHenry and the subsequent poem was 1812.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,913
    mrussel1 said:
    Fair-ish, although trump has a million of these and the Obama comeback is only this one. 
    But what's vexing to me is the other part that seems to be from the speech itself not riffing... McGruff pointed it out earlier..

Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rocket's red glare it had nothing but victory,”

and what was common between the two?
    war with england.. .  so its the same right?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Well Independence day is associated with the Revolutionary War, not necessarily any war with England.  Do you think that was the frame of reference?
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Except that they are 29 years apart. It s definitely a stretch in the way trump used it, it didn’t flow right. He was combining way too many events; I m still researching when our armed forced took over airports. I ll get back to you on that one. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Except that they are 29 years apart. It s definitely a stretch in the way trump used it, it didn’t flow right. He was combining way too many events; I m still researching when our armed forced took over airports. I ll get back to you on that one. 
    you guys are trying to rationalize the irrational.

this is like drunk history with trump....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Ha! Fair enough. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

I think the way it went was:
    After the British bombed us at Pearl Harbor, Paul Revere warned the rest of the Air Force that the French were coming.   It was then George Washington split his forces: half took over LaGuardia and Newark Airports (after tunneling under the Berlin Wall which surrounded New York City at the time) and the other half took a bullet train to Fort McHenry.  It was on those hallowed grounds that F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote the Star Spangled Banner.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

I think the way it went was:
    After the British bombed us at Pearl Harbor, Paul Revere warned the rest of the Air Force that the French were coming.   It was then George Washington split his forces: half took over LaGuardia and Newark Airports (after tunneling under the Berlin Wall which surrounded New York City at the time) and the other half took a bullet train to Fort McHenry.  It was on those hallowed grounds that F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote the Star Spangled Banner.  
    NAILED IT!!!

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Everyone knows Trump is an idiot.  You'd think the speech writer for the President would be able to write a historical speech by fact-checking...the speechwriter either is sabotaging Trump or is just plain lazy. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,671
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

See Brothers, Wright; Orville; See also, Wilbur. See also, Force Air, Wright Brothers.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    Everyone knows Trump is an idiot.  You'd think the speech writer for the President would be able to write a historical speech by fact-checking...the speechwriter either is sabotaging Trump or is just plain lazy. 
    or it could have been a mistake.  Perhaps he meant seaports, since Baltimore was and still is a place for many ships to come into the country.  Oh well he fucked up and just like everybody did to BO they jump on it and beat it to death.  All in all he kept his promise yesterday there was no political pandering, it was a salute to the military and Air Force (just kidding my Air Force vets).  There were people hoping for rain for yesterday, why so millions of people can have their BBQs ruined for their hatred of him.  There were protest yesterday people burning flags, I just do not get it.  Too many on the extreme left and right seem to have hijacked this country and the ones in the middle are the ones who need to fight to get it back.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,567
    You all seem to forget that the historian-in-chief is the most historically correct historian in the history of histories ever

#ITMFA 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,319
    or it could have been a mistake.  Perhaps he meant seaports, since Baltimore was and still is a place for many ships to come into the country.  Oh well he fucked up and just like everybody did to BO they jump on it and beat it to death.  All in all he kept his promise yesterday there was no political pandering, it was a salute to the military and Air Force (just kidding my Air Force vets).  There were people hoping for rain for yesterday, why so millions of people can have their BBQs ruined for their hatred of him.  There were protest yesterday people burning flags, I just do not get it.  Too many on the extreme left and right seem to have hijacked this country and the ones in the middle are the ones who need to fight to get it back.
    So in your honest opinion who gas caused the division/discord of this country? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited July 2019
    mickeyrat said:

This is so clever and so funny.

He just read wrong, you can tell he can hardly see the teleprompter cause he always squints, and he says the wrong word all the time and then says the right word or just keeps going because who really cares. His words are the most glorious words and will outweigh any other words no matter how nonsensical. 

Steve MIller is his speech writer - he is not gonna sabotage Trump - he has his ear the most. 

I love that #TrumpParadeFail is trending. What a dangerous idiot. 

Ya know, he could have written the stupid thing himself - I mean this was all about honoring him and he did go to the best schools, so why have a speech writer? Never know.
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    View image on Twitter
    I had to dig deep in a few books I read back in college but I finally found it.  I think this is when GW took over Newark airport.  I almost wrote my senior thesis on these series of battles but passed on it for something World War 2 related.  
  • Options
    This is a photograph of the battle that raged outside the airport:
    View image on Twitter
  • Options
    And then of course the very famous surrender:
    View image on Twitter
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

I've avoided this place all day.  I got just a couple of things to say.  The first is I HATED IT.

That was one hell of an 8th grade Social Studies oral presentation you gave there Sparky.  Top notch.  "I love the poorly educated..."

He was getting himself quite ramped up there spittin out one misguided cliche after another about WAR.   About the Air Force raining death. So much winning.
    If there's one thing Spurs McKenzie shouldn't be talking about is BRAVE SOLDIERS.  He's the WORST.  

I woulda preferred a freestyle on Crooked Hillary, Bernie, Crazy Nancy, Jim Acosta, anybody.  It actually would have felt safer.  

SOSTUPID  #ITMF

shoutout to my homies Coolin in Cali...

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    mcgruff10 said:
    View image on Twitter
    I had to dig deep in a few books I read back in college but I finally found it.  I think this is when GW took over Newark airport.  I almost wrote my senior thesis on these series of battles but passed on it for something World War 2 related.  
    Brillant!!! 
This discussion has been closed.