Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,917
    edited May 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    You see fit to criticize the US at every turn.  You seem to ignore your acquiescence to evil during the most consequential point in world history.  I'm just doing you a favor and reminding you that the alternative to war is not always peace.  
    Swedens part in WW2 has been discussed on this forum as recent as 2019. When did I ignore it? Mr whatsaboutism.

What exactly have I criticized about the US and WW2 here? In Bulletpoints if possible.
    You stated the US started the war, Mr. Can'tFindaMirror.  Second, I'm pretty sure US actions has been discussed all the fucking time.  Mostly brought up by you.  So if there is a one time statute of limitation on the discussion, you've well exceeded that.  
    I stated that as a witty comment when someone - who often defends and puffs up the US - said that WW2 wasn't started by Germany but you could say it was started much earlier by Japan.

And it could be that you understand that, but is now skewing things for this angry narrative of yours. Which would be dishonest. Or you are only able to read text strictly literal. Which you should put as your tag, if that is the case. Would help.

Fridens liljor. 
    My god don’t be so passive.  And yes some scholars argue that world war 2 started with japan and China.  But yes, world war 2 was six years and a day. When Germany invaded Poland it became a world war since Japan and China were already at war.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Fuck Trump.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Court decided not to take up the Indiana abortion law.  This is a win for pro-choice advocates.  We'll see what happens with Alabama.  

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/445719-supreme-court-allows-indiana-law-on-fetal-remains-to-go-into-effect
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Court decided not to take up the Indiana abortion law.  This is a win for pro-choice advocates.  We'll see what happens with Alabama.  

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/445719-supreme-court-allows-indiana-law-on-fetal-remains-to-go-into-effect
    "But the court declined to take up a challenge to a provision blocking abortions on the basis of sex, race or disability, avoiding a major ruling on abortion for the time being." 

People abort because of the sex of the baby?  That's some messed up shit right there.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

"But the court declined to take up a challenge to a provision blocking abortions on the basis of sex, race or disability, avoiding a major ruling on abortion for the time being." 

People abort because of the sex of the baby?  That's some messed up shit right there.
    Except that they don't.  It's one of the current 'arguments' against abortion, that people are practicing eugenics.  So Indiana passed a dumb ass law, because they are dumb ass Indiana.  The reality is that the vast, vast majority of abortions are about economic considerations.  
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,111
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Weird if it is in a western country. But it is common in parts of Asia, China being a famous example:

In 1979, China enacted the one child policy, which, within the country's deeply patriarchal culture, resulted in an unbalanced birth sex ratio. The one child policy was enforced very aggressively throughout the years, including through forced abortions and forced sterilizations, but it has been gradually loosened in recent years, and formally abolished in 2015.[58] China's strong son preference is well documented in documentaries such as The Dying Rooms (1995) and It's a Girl: The Three Deadliest Words in the World (2012).

Could it be this factor has come to the US with immigration from these countries?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Weird if it is in a western country. But it is common in parts of Asia, China being a famous example:

In 1979, China enacted the one child policy, which, within the country's deeply patriarchal culture, resulted in an unbalanced birth sex ratio. The one child policy was enforced very aggressively throughout the years, including through forced abortions and forced sterilizations, but it has been gradually loosened in recent years, and formally abolished in 2015.[58] China's strong son preference is well documented in documentaries such as The Dying Rooms (1995) and It's a Girl: The Three Deadliest Words in the World (2012).

Could it be this factor has come to the US with immigration from these countries?
    I knew it was practiced in China but never knew that about the US.  You could be right. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    mrussel1 said:

Nice reminder of what a piece of shit Pence is.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Except that they don't.  It's one of the current 'arguments' against abortion, that people are practicing eugenics.  So Indiana passed a dumb ass law, because they are dumb ass Indiana.  The reality is that the vast, vast majority of abortions are about economic considerations.  
    Got ya. The abortion and gun argument are very similar. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Except an abortion is a private decision made by a woman regarding her own body.  When a gun owner goes bad, it affects society at large.  So I would not agree with the characterization.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I knew it was practiced in China but never knew that about the US.  You could be right. 
    NO!  How can you draw a correlation between a gov't actually forcing abortions and a woman choosing on her own?  There is no similarity, they are polar opposites.  
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    The reality is that the vast, vast majority of abortions are about economic considerations.  
    This surprised me. Anecdotal, but every abortion I know off has been for the reason of "fuck, what a mistake, I'm to young to have a child right now/the dude I was with is not someone I want to have as the father of one of my children!"
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Except an abortion is a private decision made by a woman regarding her own body.  When a gun owner goes bad, it affects society at large.  So I would not agree with the characterization.  
    No I mean there is no middle ground and neither side wants to give an inch. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

NO!  How can you draw a correlation between a gov't actually forcing abortions and a woman choosing on her own?  There is no similarity, they are polar opposites.  
    He's saying he didn't know abortions because of the child's sex was practiced in the US.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

No I was agreeing with: "Could it be this factor has come to the US with immigration from these countries?" 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,906
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

this was indiana's arguement as a reason FOR this law.

from the same article...

Justice Clarence Thomas wrote in a lengthy opinion that he "would have thought it could go without saying that nothing in the Constitution or any decision of this court prevents a state from requiring abortion facilities to provide for the respectful treatment of human remains."

But he said that the court will eventually have to take up abortion laws in the near future, writing that he was concerned of the possibility of abortions being used for "eugenics."

so it seems theres a fan of this law on the court.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

He's saying he didn't know abortions because of the child's sex was practiced in the US.
    Correct and I was saying you could be right when you mentioned that this type of thinking might have been brought to the US by immigrants.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

No I was agreeing with: "Could it be this factor has come to the US with immigration from these countries?" 
    I don't think it was.  In fact, eugenics was popular in some pretty radical circles about 100 years ago, right here in the US.  It was during the time where the concepts of racial superiority were really taking hold (more than ever before).  Obviously the Nazis were big believers, but so were many Americans.  Pointing to eugenics to make abortions less accessible is disingenuous, in my opinion.  The anti-choice crowd has latched onto that as yet another excuse for the laws.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don't think it was.  

While the majority of parents in United States do not practice sex-selective abortion, there is certainly a trend toward male preference. According to a 2011 Gallup poll, if they were only allowed to have one child, 40% of respondents said they would prefer a boy, while only 28% preferred a girl.[108] When told about prenatal sex selection techniques such as sperm sorting and in vitro fertilization embryo selection, 40% of Americans surveyed thought that picking embryos by sex was an acceptable manifestation of reproductive rights.[109]These selecting techniques are available at about half of American fertility clinics, as of 2006.[110]

However, it is notable that minority groups that immigrate into the United States bring their cultural views and mindsets into the country with them. A study carried out at a Massachusetts infertility clinic shows that the majority of couples using these techniques, such as Preimplantation genetic diagnosis came from a Chinese or Asian background. This is thought to branch from the social importance of giving birth to male children in China and other Asian countries.[111]

A study of the 2000 United States Census suggests possible male bias in families of Chinese, Korean and Indian immigrants, which was getting increasingly stronger in families where first one or two children were female. In those families where the first two children were girls, the birth sex ratio of the third child was 151.[112]

Because of this movement toward sex preference and selection, many bans on sex-selective abortion have been proposed at the state and federal level. In 2010 and 2011, sex-selective abortions were banned in Oklahoma and Arizona, respectively. Legislators in GeorgiaWest VirginiaMichiganMinnesotaNew Jersey, and New York have also tried to pass acts banning the procedure

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    The reality is that the vast, vast majority of abortions are about economic considerations.  
    This surprised me. Anecdotal, but every abortion I know off has been for the reason of "fuck, what a mistake, I'm to young to have a child right now/the dude I was with is not someone I want to have as the father of one of my children!"
    In the US, African Americans have disproportionately more abortions than their white counterparts.  It's no coincidence where they stand on the relative economic ladder either.  I think things are probably different in Sweden both because of the racial makeup and the accessibility of medicine.  And that's really the irony of this whole argument.  Abortions would go down if we had better healthcare access and public assistance.  The joke that Republicans don't give a shit about you once you are born is dead true in this matter. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Generally...maybe... I think a lot of pro choice people (like me) agree with a ban on late term abortions except in cases of a women's health.  That's giving an inch.  But yes, the passion by the advocacy groups mirror each other. 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I had a little chit chat with a neighbor over the holiday weekend.  I just met this guy. 
    When I asked about his thoughts on Supreme Leader, he said "we'll...if we impeach him, then we'd be stuck with Pence."

Policy-wise...Mike Pence is already the president.  All that coordinated anti-abortion bullshit?  Smells mighty Pencey.  
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Why in the fuck should women give an inch of control over their own internal organs to the state????

There is basically nothing at all in common between the abortion debate and the gun control debate.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Why in the fuck should women give an inch of control over their own internal organs to the state????

There is basically nothing at all in common between the abortion debate and the gun control debate.
    Well there you go! You just proved my point. 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,668
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/23/opinion/abortion-legislation-rape.html

To think the “state” would make her carry to term and give birth? Madness.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Are you not going to acknowledge mine?? With the way you're not qualifying your statements, you sound like an anti-choicer.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Are you not going to acknowledge mine?? With the way you're not qualifying your statements, you sound like an anti-choicer.
    Oh I am pro choice but I do think abortion should be illegal at some point in the pregnancy. 

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Smellyman said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I wonder if our president is taking his own advice:

If American Presidents discussed American atrocities they'd have a lot of 'splainin to do
    What part of Pearl Harbor was an America atrocity?
    If the US President's want to bring up wrongdoing by other countries towards the US, then the line of other countries that have grievances against the US would be very extensive and the atrocities committed by the US towards other countries far outweigh any atrocities committed against the US.  Why is that so hard for you to see.  By the way, WW2 is over.  Japan is a good friend of the west.  Trump is a fucking idiot for bringing up that attack...
    Dissagree but I am definitely not debating this.  I didn’t realize world war 2 was over, thanks for letting me know Capt.  however I am still wondering what part of Pearl Harbor is an American atrocity.  
    The original post that started this conversation was referring to atrocities committed by the US towards other countries. In the case of Japan specifically, some might say dropping 2 nuclear bombs on Japan, were atrocities as well.  I am not going to debate it either.  Because there is nothing to debate...
    I don't think dropping two nuclear bombs was an atrocity, to me it was the way to end the war against an enemy that wouldn't give up.  I definitely think Japan out atrocitied (word? lol) us during World War 2.  Rape of Nanking, treatment of prisoners of war....etc
    You might think differently if it was Japan who had dropped nuclear bombs on two American cities to end the war.

Not to mention the firebombing of Japanese civilians throughout the war. Maybe check out the doc The Fog Of War. 
    Are you trying to imply that Japan was innocent in this?  They started world war 2, what did you want the us to do?
    I know all about the firebombings and how more people were killed in those bombings than in the nuclear bomb droppings.  Even with all those people dying in the firebombings Japan still didn’t surrender.  
    In what way did the Japanese start WW2?

Hitler rushed to get his army ready after he surprisingly heard on the radio about the Pearl Harbour attack? "Hurry up with the jew-hating leaflets" people heard him yell while running into his study to design the swastika. 

Hehe.
    Um, they invaded China in the 1930's and then attacked the US at Pearl Harbor.  A lot of scholars argue that the war started here although the official start of World War 2 was on September 1, 1939 with the German invasion of Poland.  At that point Japan had already killed millions.  
    Scholars also say, the winning team after WW1 started WW2 by putting Germany in a position where Hitler-labeled nationalism had soil to grow. That was in the 10s.

Check-mate Japan. Now the US started WW2.
    Doh...except England and France were the forces behind the Treaty of Versailles, not the Americans.  Wilson wanted the Fourteen Points to be the basis of the treaty.  He was against the War Guilt clause specifically.  Try again.  
    Without the punchline "Now the US started WW2.", how would the point of my comment come across as lovingly?

"Check-mate Japan. Now France, and England and a bunch of other countries - including the US - lay a foundation through their peace terms for the possibility of the Germany people to accept authoritarianism which you can see as a thread leading up Germany attacking it's neighbors". 

No need to kill all the fun.

I stand by my comment. Among a bunch of stiffs.
    Haha, blaming the US for starting the worst war in history, one which many of our family members were affected by directly, is a real riot.  I can never get enough of you trashing the US while you are on a US website dedicated to a US band.  It's all so much fun.  
    I guess you see some point in some way of branding the band in this nationalistic thing of yours.

I see them as Pearl Jam. Not the olympic team of musicians from the USA.

I also do not really care what country the server is where this website is being stored. I also do not have problem with a great band being from the US. Or the five of my five favorite movies. Or a copywriter named Bob I worked with once. But I guess you see it in a different way.

Also, I have not blamed the US for starting WW2. You have a problem understanding text and the different uses of it. Subtext. Sarcasm. Witty-ness. Those kind of things. 

Your family members being affected by WW2 concerns me not in the context of my comment. And should not.

all good. Fridens liljor.

:)
    Do you have a few iron crosses in the attic as a thanks for helping transport munitions to the Eastern Front for the Nazis?  That was very helpful, it more efficiently cleared the way for the Einsatzgruppen to do its dirty work.  
    Do you have jars of bones from children being burned alive by napalm in Vietnam in yours?
    Nope, I had no family involved in Vietnam.  If you had family in Sweden during the war and they did not take up arms against the Nazis, then they were complicit.  
    Okey. Why didn't your family take up arms before the US were attacked then? Your wonderful family was complicit until that point I take it?

And I don't see you take up arms in the Saudis war on Jemen - so you are in fact right now complicit behind your screen?
    Wait, what...the US at war with Jemin?  Where is Jemin?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Oh I am pro choice but I do think abortion should be illegal at some point in the pregnancy. 

Kay. Which means you think that the state should have control over a woman's internal organs. And if the state has that power, it means that women would be slaves to the state.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,836
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You're really trying to argue that control over bodily integrity is the same as the privilege to purchase an inanimate object?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
This discussion has been closed.