I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited May 2019
    mfc2006 said:
    Graham annoys the hell out of me.
    Annoyed in NJ here.  And Graham is making misstatements too. These Repubs have sold their souls for a grifter. 

Someone shut off his mic, please.

Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    What about Hillary?
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    word.

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    ikiT said:
    What about Hillary?

taking fire on the runway in Ireland?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    njnancy said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Graham annoys the hell out of me.
    Annoyed in NJ here.  And Graham is making misstatements too. These Repubs have sold their souls for a grifter. 
    Absolutely. And now he’s going on about Hillary. I don’t know how they can stand behind Trump. I will never understand it.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Barr about to get torched.   Perjury is serious.
  • Options
    he looking MAD guilty.
  • Options
    seems like obstruction...
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    blah blah blah.... oh the dems are SOOO pissed.... Bobby is SOOOO pissed.... nothing but hot air, just like the last 2+ years
  • Options
    The SIX-E material...SAD.   So six-E.
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    ikiT said:
    The SIX-E material...SAD.   So six-E.
    He was so surprised with no result and he was only trying to be a good guy and fix Mueller's Report to help the American people.

He called Bob, his buddy Bob. I'd like to hear what Bob has to say about Barr's representation of their meetings. 

• Options
    how long have you known him? do you feel good about your decision?  hypnotized by the GRAMBO yet?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    This Graham/Barr back and forth is ridiculous.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    GRASSLEY

strzok page spying clinton fusion GPS Steele Dossier debunked collusion Democrats PAID foreign sources DISINFORMATION 30milliondollars 

so tasty
  • Options
    The origins of that narrative?   
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,264
    ikiT said:
    GRASSLEY

strzok page spying clinton fusion GPS Steele Dossier debunked collusion Democrats PAID foreign sources DISINFORMATION 30milliondollars 

so tasty
    Grassley is worse than Graham. Him and Feinstein arguing at the Kavanaugh hearings was pathetic and embarrassing.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    context, nature, and substance 
  • Options
    MY BABY
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,661
    I don't really get why they went to the Trump White House at all. If they feel the way they look, they just should have boycotted - that sends a much more clear message IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    Opinion
    James Comey: How Trump Co-opts Leaders Like Bill Barr
    Accomplished people lacking inner strength can’t resist the compromises necessary to survive this president.
    By James Comey
    Mr. Comey is the former F.B.I. director.

People have been asking me hard questions. What happened to the leaders in the Trump administration, especially the attorney general, Bill Barr, who I have said was due the benefit of the doubt?

How could Mr. Barr, a bright and accomplished lawyer, start channeling the president in using words like “no collusion” and F.B.I. “spying”? And downplaying acts of obstruction of justice as products of the president’s being “frustrated and angry,” something he would never say to justify the thousands of crimes prosecuted every day that are the product of frustration and anger?

How could he write and say things about the report by Robert Mueller, the special counsel, that were apparently so misleading that they prompted written protest from the special counsel himself?

How could Mr. Barr go before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday and downplay President Trump’s attempt to fire Mr. Mueller before he completed his work?

And how could Rod Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general, after the release of Mr. Mueller’s report that detailed Mr. Trump’s determined efforts to obstruct justice, give a speech quoting the president on the importance of the rule of law? Or on resigning, thank a president who relentlessly attacked both him and the Department of Justice he led for “the courtesy and humor you often display in our personal conversations”?

What happened to these people?

I don’t know for sure. People are complicated, so the answer is most likely complicated. But I have some idea from four months of working close to Mr. Trump and many more months of watching him shape others.

Amoral leaders have a way of revealing the character of those around them. Sometimes what they reveal is inspiring. For example, James Mattis, the former secretary of defense, resigned over principle, a concept so alien to Mr. Trump that it took days for the president to realize what had happened, before he could start lying about the man.

But more often, proximity to an amoral leader reveals something depressing.

continued at
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/01/opinion/william-barr-testimony.html

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,871
    Kat said:
    Opinion
    Accomplished people lacking inner strength can’t resist the compromises necessary to survive this president.
    By James Comey

People have been asking me hard questions. What happened to the leaders in the Trump administration, especially the attorney general, Bill Barr, who I have said was due the benefit of the doubt?

How could Mr. Barr, a bright and accomplished lawyer, start channeling the president in using words like “no collusion” and F.B.I. “spying”? And downplaying acts of obstruction of justice as products of the president’s being “frustrated and angry,” something he would never say to justify the thousands of crimes prosecuted every day that are the product of frustration and anger?

How could he write and say things about the report by Robert Mueller, the special counsel, that were apparently so misleading that they prompted written protest from the special counsel himself?

How could Mr. Barr go before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday and downplay President Trump’s attempt to fire Mr. Mueller before he completed his work?

And how could Rod Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general, after the release of Mr. Mueller’s report that detailed Mr. Trump’s determined efforts to obstruct justice, give a speech quoting the president on the importance of the rule of law? Or on resigning, thank a president who relentlessly attacked both him and the Department of Justice he led for “the courtesy and humor you often display in our personal conversations”?

I don’t know for sure. People are complicated, so the answer is most likely complicated. But I have some idea from four months of working close to Mr. Trump and many more months of watching him shape others.

Amoral leaders have a way of revealing the character of those around them. Sometimes what they reveal is inspiring. For example, James Mattis, the former secretary of defense, resigned over principle, a concept so alien to Mr. Trump that it took days for the president to realize what had happened, before he could start lying about the man.

continued at

this is something I had mentioned as a very real possibility only a few months into his term (and I'm sure was mentioned or thought by many others). Glad to see Comey confirming it:

You feel this happening. It bothers you, at least to some extent. But his outrageous conduct convinces you that you simply must stay, to preserve and protect the people and institutions and values you hold dear. Along with Republican members of Congress, you tell yourself you are too important for this nation to lose, especially now.

I was also glad that he admitted to being complicit himself, if only about the inauguration size? a bit weak, I'm sure he was complicit in more substantially important ways, but at least he alluded to it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    Another example that he is an immature, narcissistic,  petulant,  spoiled child......

Trump goes on retweeting tear as he continues to attack Biden https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/01/politics/trump-joe-biden-firefighters-union/index.html

The retweets -- which totaled nearly 60 by 6:30 a.m. ET 

has a sitting president ever weighed in so heavily, if at all, in the other party's primary race?
    Nope
    But then again we have never had a sitting president so driven by fear, hate,  ignorance, jealousy, and lies 
  • Options
  • Options

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    Kat said:
    Opinion
    By James Comey

continued at

this is something I had mentioned as a very real possibility only a few months into his term (and I'm sure was mentioned or thought by many others). Glad to see Comey confirming it:

You feel this happening. It bothers you, at least to some extent. But his outrageous conduct convinces you that you simply must stay, to preserve and protect the people and institutions and values you hold dear. Along with Republican members of Congress, you tell yourself you are too important for this nation to lose, especially now.

I was also glad that he admitted to being complicit himself, if only about the inauguration size? a bit weak, I'm sure he was complicit in more substantially important ways, but at least he alluded to it. 
    He was saved from having his soul eaten by being fired. Best thing that could have happened to him. Not enough resigned when they realized what kind of man the soul-eater was.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,871
    Kamala Harris: has the white house ever asked you to investigate anyone?
    Bill Barr: uhhh.....ummmm.....(looks around for help), um, can  you repeat the question?

LOL, what a weasel. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,264
    Bill Barr: uhhh.....ummmm.....(looks around for help), um, can  you repeat the question?

LOL, what a weasel. 
    Haha! That's it, I'm in. Harris for president or VP of the nominee.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,323
    tbergs said:

LOL, what a weasel. 
    Haha! That's it, I'm in. Harris for president or VP of the nominee.
    Or AG !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.