Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

An Iceberg Twice the Size of New York
    City Is About to Split From Antarctica

By JUGAL K. PATEL MARCH 28, 2019

Two rifts on the Brunt Ice Shelf in Antarctica are close to creating an iceberg over 560 square miles in size. Scientists say the calving event could happen any day now.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/03/28/climate/antarctica-brunt-iceberg.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage

Distracted yet?

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    That article?   NYT "In Other News" section.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,340
     Can anyone on here confirm that Trump has attended the Special Olympics?
    As a spectator or a competitor? 
    Please don’t insult the kids they have more to offer society than the idiot in chief who offers zero , except hate exclusion and vile racism on a daily basis ..
    I'm not insulting the kids (adults compete too actually). I'm insulting Trump.
    to be fair, insulting trump by comparing him to someone with an intellectual disability is in fact insulting those with intellectual disabilities. 
    Jeez some of you guys are so sensitive. Suggesting Trump is mentally-disabled isn't that far off from calling him a "buffoon" or "idiot" or whatever else some of you guys come up with. I stated my feelings for (and bond with) mentally-disabled folks yesterday. I stand by that...and I stand by my insult of Trump...

PJ_Soul said:
    Trump says he is rescinding his proposed cut to Special Olympics budget amid a bipartisan outcry
    This is good to hear. I was probably more pissed off about this than most things Trump has done because my cousin has Down Syndrome, and in my younger days, I had a job working with people with mental disabilities so I have a bit of a bond with folks like that. I mean, really, how could they have the nerve to cut funding for the Special Olympics in the first place when it's only a measly $17 million dollars? Mueller's investigation cost almost twice that. Of course Trump said he had no idea this was even happening. Well yeah, if I had to choose between looking dumb and looking evil, I guess I'd choose dumb too. 

All I did was ask whether anyone can confirm that he’s attended the Special Olympics. Because if he hasn’t? He has stooped to a new low of telling lies. He doesn’t strike me as someone who would attend but in this instance, I’d love to be proven wrong.
    I don't know if he has or hasn't. My response and any of these responses weren't directed at you. You asked if Trump's been there, I responded with a bit of an off-colored joke, josevolution and HFD went social justice warrior on me because how dare I compare Trump to the mentally-disabled, I responded to them that I didn't think it was all that big a deal, and life goes on. 
    I liked your joke too I was trying to convey something and I came off wrong 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    It was my punctuation no ? 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    I think we're past my joke and your punctuation. No worries. And certainly no beef with you or HFD. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I think we're past my joke and your punctuation. No worries. And certainly no beef with you or HFD. 
    Agreed have a great & safe weekend.,
  • Options
    Agreed have a great & safe weekend.,
    You too
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    @BS44325 when does Team Trump Treason fire AG Barr for starting a covert surveillance program against Americans by tapping their wires? Maybe we should go back and review the data for Team Trump Treason contacts with Russians? Drain the swamp my ass.

https://apple.news/AebZ1wN3CQEOlbieHrApS4A
    The program, known within the drug agency as USTO (a play on call going from the United States to other countries), was carried out in part by the department’s Criminal Division, run at the time by Robert Mueller

Interesting that it was run by everybodys hero, Bobby Mueller.

Also it continued through Clinton, Bush, and into the 2nd Obama term until Edward Snowden dropped knowledge. One mans "traitor" is another mans Daniel Ellsberg

See, i read articles lol
    Funny how the media slyly shows bias... the headline smearing Barr over this... but glossing over that it was actually overseen by Bobby's division... created under Clinton (you think POTUS isn't aware or greenlights such a project?) and continued through 2 more presidents, including the savior Obama, until they were forced to end it because of Snowden 
    Barr as AG had primary responsibility for the creation and authorization of the program. Team Mueller ran it, “in part,” through his criminal division. Team Mueller didn’t create it, have authorization to tell others to use it and was a likely beneficiary of data collected and passed on. Don’t let your “bias” get in the way. And that’s got Cheney all over it. Once you let the genie out, it’s damn hard to put it back and the repubs have let a shit ton of genies out. LOL.
    I love how you downplay Muellers role and the fact it continued under democrat administrations,  more so than republican actually... You think Barr, or any other AG, would be the sole creator of something like that? You think something like that isnt ultimately authorized by the White House? It survived through ALL of the Clinton years, and into Obamas 2nd term under Holder, until Snowden blew the whistle. Was Dick Cheney controlling it through the Clinton & Obama years? Lol

You're blind faith and trust in democrats is hilarious

My bias is the truth, not party
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    @BS44325 when does Team Trump Treason fire AG Barr for starting a covert surveillance program against Americans by tapping their wires? Maybe we should go back and review the data for Team Trump Treason contacts with Russians? Drain the swamp my ass.

https://apple.news/AebZ1wN3CQEOlbieHrApS4A
    The program, known within the drug agency as USTO (a play on call going from the United States to other countries), was carried out in part by the department’s Criminal Division, run at the time by Robert Mueller

Interesting that it was run by everybodys hero, Bobby Mueller.

Also it continued through Clinton, Bush, and into the 2nd Obama term until Edward Snowden dropped knowledge. One mans "traitor" is another mans Daniel Ellsberg

See, i read articles lol
    Funny how the media slyly shows bias... the headline smearing Barr over this... but glossing over that it was actually overseen by Bobby's division... created under Clinton (you think POTUS isn't aware or greenlights such a project?) and continued through 2 more presidents, including the savior Obama, until they were forced to end it because of Snowden 
    Barr as AG had primary responsibility for the creation and authorization of the program. Team Mueller ran it, “in part,” through his criminal division. Team Mueller didn’t create it, have authorization to tell others to use it and was a likely beneficiary of data collected and passed on. Don’t let your “bias” get in the way. And that’s got Cheney all over it. Once you let the genie out, it’s damn hard to put it back and the repubs have let a shit ton of genies out. LOL.
    I love how you downplay Muellers role and the fact it continued under democrat administrations,  more so than republican actually... You think Barr, or any other AG, would be the sole creator of something like that? You think something like that isnt ultimately authorized by the White House? It survived through ALL of the Clinton years, and into Obamas 2nd term under Holder, until Snowden blew the whistle. Was Dick Cheney controlling it through the Clinton & Obama years? Lol

You're blind faith and trust in democrats is hilarious

My bias is the truth, not party
    You have no idea what Mueller’s role in it was and allowed your bias to posit that it was created under Clinton. Barr never worked for Clinton and didn’t take office until 1993. So much for your “truth.” And it was a dem who put that genie back in the bottle after your hero Snowden betrayed his country and took up residence with Putin on the ritz. LOL.

Hilarious dude... trying to pin a surveillance program only on Barr and completely exonerate/overlook your hero Muellers role in implementing it, and having no issue with it continuing into the Clinton presidency for 8 years, all 8 under W, and into Obamas 2nd term.... it went in for 21 years, including under 2 democrat administrations 

Snowden is the only reason it ended, not a democrat magically deciding to do the right thing. 

You are obviously just a rah-rah for the Democrats and blindly support them... seriously, do you work for the DNC or something? 

Keep playing your team sport, my only team is the american people. And yes i love whistleblowers that let the American public know what bullshit their government is doing. 

Keep your blue pom-poms on though, it's cute lol

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,704
    Ben “I’m Asleep, Don’t Wake Me” Carson is leaving the Team Trump Treason Administration and Linda “WWE” McMahon is leaving very soon. “Nothing but the best, folks, nothing but the best people.” Suckers.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,894
    dignin said:
    I know you're getting flak for this but it's a pretty good joke.
    It's cool that you liked it. It's cool that they didn't. We're all cool. 

Since I've made mention of my cousin that has Down Syndrome a few posts ago, and this is the Trump thread, it's worth noting that he in fact voted for Trump. He's a registered voter and I took him to vote and helped him. I said "Okay Joseph, so who do you want to be the President....Clinton or Trump?" He replied Trump (he tends to choose the second of two choices in most instances) so I showed him where to fill in the circle. Then I asked "So who do you want to be Vice-President?" and before I could tell him the two options, he replied "Stone Cold Steve Austin." I couldn't agree more and dictated the letters to him so he could write "Steve Austin" under the write-in part for VP. 
    that's awesome. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Was Daniel Ellsberg a traitor?
  • Options
    Please don’t insult the kids they have more to offer society than the idiot in chief who offers zero , except hate exclusion and vile racism on a daily basis ..
    I'm not insulting the kids (adults compete too actually). I'm insulting Trump.
    to be fair, insulting trump by comparing him to someone with an intellectual disability is in fact insulting those with intellectual disabilities. 
    Jeez some of you guys are so sensitive. Suggesting Trump is mentally-disabled isn't that far off from calling him a "buffoon" or "idiot" or whatever else some of you guys come up with. I stated my feelings for (and bond with) mentally-disabled folks yesterday. I stand by that...and I stand by my insult of Trump...

PJ_Soul said:
    Trump says he is rescinding his proposed cut to Special Olympics budget amid a bipartisan outcry
    This is good to hear. I was probably more pissed off about this than most things Trump has done because my cousin has Down Syndrome, and in my younger days, I had a job working with people with mental disabilities so I have a bit of a bond with folks like that. I mean, really, how could they have the nerve to cut funding for the Special Olympics in the first place when it's only a measly $17 million dollars? Mueller's investigation cost almost twice that. Of course Trump said he had no idea this was even happening. Well yeah, if I had to choose between looking dumb and looking evil, I guess I'd choose dumb too. 

All I did was ask whether anyone can confirm that he’s attended the Special Olympics. Because if he hasn’t? He has stooped to a new low of telling lies. He doesn’t strike me as someone who would attend but in this instance, I’d love to be proven wrong.
    I don't know if he has or hasn't. My response and any of these responses weren't directed at you. You asked if Trump's been there, I responded with a bit of an off-colored joke, josevolution and HFD went social justice warrior on me because how dare I compare Trump to the mentally-disabled, I responded to them that I didn't think it was all that big a deal, and life goes on. 
    social justice warrior I am not. i can assure you of that. 

but as you said, moving on. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    from last night's rally:

"You'd be doing wind, windmills. 'Wind'. And if it doesn't -- if it doesn't blow you can forget about television for that night. Darling I want to watch television. I'm sorry, the wind isn't blowing. I know a lot about wind. I know a lot about wind."

he is easily the stupidest president the US has ever had. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    from last night's rally:

"You'd be doing wind, windmills. 'Wind'. And if it doesn't -- if it doesn't blow you can forget about television for that night. Darling I want to watch television. I'm sorry, the wind isn't blowing. I know a lot about wind. I know a lot about wind."

Are you unable to recognize comedy?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    He does know a lot about wind. He’s a blowhard. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    BS44325 said:
    from last night's rally:

I am, and this wasn't it. He has on numerous occasions made reference to both wind and solar power, demonstrating an utter lack of knowledge on the subject of alternate energy sources. He is a dotard.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    BS44325 said:
    from last night's rally:

I am, and this wasn't it. He has on numerous occasions made reference to both wind and solar power, demonstrating an utter lack of knowledge on the subject of alternate energy sources. He is a dotard.
    Another you can add to the list is his notion that global warming equates to heat. After Amy Klobuchar announced her candidacy in a snow storm, Trump was like (paraphrased) "Global WARMING? Look at all the snow! How is that warming?"

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    from last night's rally:

Are you unable to recognize reality?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    BS44325 said:
    from last night's rally:

This place is humourless. 
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    from last night's rally:

Are you unable to recognize reality?
    This is just a simulation.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    BS44325 said:
    from last night's rally:

Another you can add to the list is his notion that global warming equates to heat. After Amy Klobuchar announced her candidacy in a snow storm, Trump was like (paraphrased) "Global WARMING? Look at all the snow! How is that warming?"
    Global warming does equate to heat. That is why nobody uses the term anymore. Once the "heat" stopped "Climate Change" began. And now we only have 12 years to live.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    jeffbr said:
    BS44325 said:
    from last night's rally:

Global warming does equate to heat. That is why nobody uses the term anymore. Once the "heat" stopped "Climate Change" began. And now we only have 12 years to live.
    Yeah but Trump was basically suggesting that "how can there be snow if there's global warming?" And he used the term global warming...not climate change. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    A glimpse of things to come in 2020. How many repubs will sign on because they’re “okay with it?”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/29/world/europe/ukraine-russia-election-tampering-propaganda.html

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    from last night's rally:

you've got to be kidding me. trump doesn't have a humorous bone spur in his body. that's his actual brain, not humor. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BS44325 said:
    jeffbr said:
    BS44325 said:
    from last night's rally:

Yeah but Trump was basically suggesting that "how can there be snow if there's global warming?" And he used the term global warming...not climate change. 
    Again. That is called comedy. He is making fun of the believers such as yourself.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    jeffbr said:
    BS44325 said:
    from last night's rally:

Again. That is called comedy. He is making fun of the believers such as yourself.
    oh god. and a climate change denier to boot. 

or are you trolling again?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BS44325 said:
    from last night's rally:

you've got to be kidding me. trump doesn't have a humorous bone spur in his body. that's his actual brain, not humor. 
    You have answered my question then.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    jeffbr said:
    BS44325 said:
    from last night's rally:

Doubtful. But what he is doing is confusing his less educated base, who believes he is the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ and takes his word as gospel.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    jeffbr said:
    BS44325 said:
    from last night's rally:

Or he knows that he can say basically anything and his fans, such as yourself and your brethren in the picture below, will buy it.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
This discussion has been closed.