Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    my2hands said:
    Under the scenario discussed i wouldn't be surprised if Disorderly Conduct charges would apply
    For a country that prides itself on individual freedoms, that’s getting pretty close to a China level of law enforcement. 
    Totally. I still can't believe some of what i'm reading here, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    edited March 2019

He may be a crooked demagogue, but he can be funny sometimes.  Referring to himself as "Y
    our all time favorite duly elected President, me!" is master-level trolling of the people that get triggered by him. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

He may be a crooked demagogue, but he can be funny sometimes.  Referring to himself as "Y
    our all time favorite duly elected President, me!" is master-level trolling of the people that get triggered by him. 
    Because a President should concern himself with trollling & "triggering" people on twitter.
  • Options

Because a President should concern himself with trollling & "triggering" people on twitter.
    I disagree with you there. I think it's very unbecoming of the President to act like that. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

I disagree with you there. I think it's very unbecoming of the President to act like that. 
    No we agree, I was being sarcastic.
  • Options

lol, I know you were being sarcastic, dude. I'm just joking around. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,250

He may be a crooked demagogue, but he can be funny sometimes.  Referring to himself as "Your all time favorite duly elected President, me!" is master-level trolling of the people that get triggered by him. 
    Yeah, well I think anyone who cheers on the divide of our country and spreads massive lies deserves to spend some time in jail or get a serious ass whoopin' ;)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    tbergs said:

He may be a crooked demagogue, but he can be funny sometimes.  Referring to himself as "Your all time favorite duly elected President, me!" is master-level trolling of the people that get triggered by him. 
    Yeah, well I think anyone who cheers on the divide of our country and spreads massive lies deserves to spend some time in jail or get a serious ass whoopin' ;)
    Cheering on divide and telling lies.

Bringing down buildings with planes and killing 3,000.

Boy, they sure are similar. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,250
    bbiggs said:
    tbergs said:

No, they're not, obviously. One's a pretty direct one time attack while the other has been an on-going one for 3-4 years. I'm sure I'll be ostracized for this, but which one is more damaging?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    bbiggs said:
    tbergs said:

No, they're not, obviously. One's a pretty direct one time attack while the other has been an on-going one for 3-4 years. I'm sure I'll be ostracized for this, but which one is more damaging?
    The latter is way more damaging in the long run IMO. One should never underestimate the potential damage Trump is doing to America long term.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    bbiggs said:
    tbergs said:

The latter is way more damaging in the long run IMO. One should never underestimate the potential damage Trump is doing to America long term.
    Oh yeah there will definitely be long-term ramifications whether he serves 8 years or resigns today. You know how republicans (especially in the 2016 primary) would CONSTANTLY reference Ronald Reagan? I can see some republican candidate 30 years from now saying "Well just as the great President Trump once said....grab her by the pussy." And that's the least of the worries. The division between races and people of different political ideologies is obviously the main problem. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,916
    tbergs said:
    bbiggs said:
    tbergs said:

They are both wrong.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,833
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    bbiggs said:
    tbergs said:

They are both wrong.
    That’s not really the point up for discussion, though. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,833
    tbergs said:
    bbiggs said:
    tbergs said:

Too soon to tell, in my opinion. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    bbiggs said:
    tbergs said:

Oh yeah there will definitely be long-term ramifications whether he serves 8 years or resigns today. You know how republicans (especially in the 2016 primary) would CONSTANTLY reference Ronald Reagan? I can see some republican candidate 30 years from now saying "Well just as the great President Trump once said....grab her by the pussy." And that's the least of the worries. The division between races and people of different political ideologies is obviously the main problem. 
    I always struggle with the last part of your statement.  Pre-2016, the left and right were in lockstep and everything was peachy?  C’mon.  The political divide is deep rooted and goes back much further than you’re implying. I’m not saying Trump is helping the matter, but the political gridlock is nothing new. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,562

He is troll-in-chief 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    bbiggs said:

I always struggle with the last part of your statement.  Pre-2016, the left and right were in lockstep and everything was peachy?  C’mon.  The political divide is deep rooted and goes back much further than you’re implying. I’m not saying Trump is helping the matter, but the political gridlock is nothing new. 
    That's a good point. But I think since the emergence of Trump, people have become more likely to sell out their own beliefs in favor of "their side" than ever before. There are so many Republicans that know that Trump is awful, but hey, conservatism is winning if he's in office, so they put their heads in the sand. A good example is patriotism. Many people on the right claim to be very patriotic, yet they're okay with Trump siding with the likes of the Russian President, Saudi Prince, and North Korean Dictator over America's own intelligence committees. Is there anything less patriotic than that? To yell at liberals that they hate America because they don't care that some NFL guy kneels at the anthem, but absolve Trump from actions that border on (or really, cross the border) being treasonous? 

And on the other side of the aisle, the liberals call the Trump voters racists (among other things). They weren't calling Bush voters that. Well, not as loudly anyway. If I was a Trump voter (which I'm not), I'd be pretty pissed off to be pigeon-holed as a racist moron just because of who I voted for. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    bbiggs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    bbiggs said:
    tbergs said:

This country split in 1968, and it hasn't healed since. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,916
    edited March 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    bbiggs said:
    tbergs said:

Mostly because of Tet in your opinion?
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Tiki said:

• Options
    Tiki said:

Nice to see I'm not the only one still using Winamp. I use the old-school skin though. All these years later, it still whips the llama's ass. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    bbiggs said:
    tbergs said:

Mostly because of Tet?
    Not specifically Tet, but everything related to Vietnam, the draft, those that supported the war and those against it; you know... "Love it or leave it".  It culminated with the DNC Convention which, if you watch the footage today, is astonishing that this occurred in the United States.  The split in the country moved into politics during the 90's, when Baby Boomers took control and you can point to that decade as to when shit went south for parties working together, and that has just extended into today.  Fucking baby boomers. 
  • Options
    Tiki said:

Nice to see I'm not the only one still using Winamp. I use the old-school skin though. All these years later, it still whips the llama's ass. 
    Ha, I used to love Winamp.  Although I'm a huge supporter of JRiver Media now.  It's a great media organizer and generic DLNA server.  Winamp was the best for years but the lack of support now and DLNA makes it too obsolete.  
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    Tiki said:

Ha, I used to love Winamp.  Although I'm a huge supporter of JRiver Media now.  It's a great media organizer and generic DLNA server.  Winamp was the best for years but the lack of support now and DLNA makes it too obsolete.  
    Yeah surprisingly, despite the lack of support, it gets done all I need to. No problems with making playlists or anything like that. And I run a PJ bootleg blog (http://wegotshit.blogspot.com) and still use Winamp to change tags and do whatever else I need to do. It's funny though, I had a friend over a few weeks ago and when he saw that I had the old black and green winamp skin opened on my computer, he's like "Dude...winamp? Do you still use AOL too?"

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Tiki said:

Yeah surprisingly, despite the lack of support, it gets done all I need to. No problems with making playlists or anything like that. And I run a PJ bootleg blog (http://wegotshit.blogspot.com) and still use Winamp to change tags and do whatever else I need to do. It's funny though, I had a friend over a few weeks ago and when he saw that I had the old black and green winamp skin opened on my computer, he's like "Dude...winamp? Do you still use AOL too?"
    well there aren't many choices, honestly.  You have Winamp, JRiver, maybe the monkey site and Foobar.  You can't use VLC because that's unusable for audio, IMO.  And sure as hell can't use Itunes because that's the bane of all things righteous. For your application, I think it makes perfect sense.  And I am familiar with your boot site, I've referenced it from time to time when working on a video project.  It's nicely done and a good resource.  
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Tiki said:

well there aren't many choices, honestly.  You have Winamp, JRiver, maybe the monkey site and Foobar.  You can't use VLC because that's unusable for audio, IMO.  And sure as hell can't use Itunes because that's the bane of all things righteous. For your application, I think it makes perfect sense.  And I am familiar with your boot site, I've referenced it from time to time when working on a video project.  It's nicely done and a good resource.  
    Thanks. I've kind of run out of things to post so now it's just a matter of keeping all the links active so it can be a resource for anyone looking for pre-2000 bootlegs and some compilations. 

You're absolutely right about VLC. I only use that for videos. And iTunes is the worst. I use an application called CopyTrans for adding and removing songs from my iPhone, and backing up my phone. It works great. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,108
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Tiki said:

Thanks. I've kind of run out of things to post so now it's just a matter of keeping all the links active so it can be a resource for anyone looking for pre-2000 bootlegs and some compilations. 

You're absolutely right about VLC. I only use that for videos. And iTunes is the worst. I use an application called CopyTrans for adding and removing songs from my iPhone, and backing up my phone. It works great. 
    I still don't understand itunes... Don't understand why I just can't drag and drop my pictures to my computer or get music on my phone. Get angry and need to google everytime I start that damn app.

I need to get rid of my Iphone SE and get an android... 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Nah he’s by far the hardest most loved president ever ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315

Funny really i don’t find anything funny about a vile human , I mean he’s not a good guy right ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.