mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    People excusing even the thought of Americans celebrating the 9/11 attacks?

I'm all for freedom of speech, but c'mon folks? That wasn't a rally of fucking Illinois Nazi's, that was a disastrous terrorist attack. 
    It's easy to be for freedom of speech when it isn't objectionable.  The test of the amendment is when we find the speech reprehensible.  
    If you’re an American celebrating the tower attacks on the day they occurred... then from my way of thinking... you’re an enemy of the people and should be treated as such.

Enemy of the people...that seems to be a common excuse for relaxing the first amendment.
    I have no problem with that in this instance.  You celebrate while in view of the towers, yeah your ass should be thrown in jail or get a severe beating.  In my mind those actions speak volumes, you are supporting the enemies of the United States.  
    You're advocating lawlessness and vigilante justice.  We used to have quite a bit of that in the South only 50 years ago.  
    I'm ok with it in this instance.  The 1950's, no way Jose.  
    Dude.. you're a history teacher aren't you?  Why is this okay, because you agree with it?  Is it okay also when a black guy rapes a white woman?  When isn't it okay?
    I teach history but like many others I am a person that was greatly effected by 9/11.  I stand by my opinion.  Sorry bud, no one should have been publicly celebrating the deaths of nearly 3,000 civilians especially while in view of the New York skyline.  
    Let's agree to disagree and move on.  
    I was as well, as I worked in NOVA at the time.  But as soon as you open the gate to allow vigilante justice, then it becomes a pogrom pretty quickly.  And don't think those don't occur.  There was a massive one in India 20 years ago where thousands of ethnic minorities were murdered because of something an individual did.  You give people a green light to exercise their prejudices without consequences.  There's no agreeing to disagree.  You either support the rule of law or you don't.  It's pretty straightforward.  
    fI the people who were celebrating the attack were beat up, then I would hope that they (the people throwing the punches) would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  However the people celebrating definitely deserved to get a punch or five to the face.  It's like being a Yankees fan and running your mouth at Fenway, you just don't do it.  Use common sense. 
    exactly.  i would have happily taken the charges handed to me for a few swings at their heads with a Louisville Slugger.  
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

I'm all for freedom of speech, but c'mon folks? That wasn't a rally of fucking Illinois Nazi's, that was a disastrous terrorist attack. 
    It's easy to be for freedom of speech when it isn't objectionable.  The test of the amendment is when we find the speech reprehensible.  
    If you’re an American celebrating the tower attacks on the day they occurred... then from my way of thinking... you’re an enemy of the people and should be treated as such.

Enemy of the people...that seems to be a common excuse for relaxing the first amendment.
    I have no problem with that in this instance.  You celebrate while in view of the towers, yeah your ass should be thrown in jail or get a severe beating.  In my mind those actions speak volumes, you are supporting the enemies of the United States.  
    You're advocating lawlessness and vigilante justice.  We used to have quite a bit of that in the South only 50 years ago.  
    Dude.. you're a history teacher aren't you?  Why is this okay, because you agree with it?  Is it okay also when a black guy rapes a white woman?  When isn't it okay?
    I teach history but like many others I am a person that was greatly effected by 9/11.  I stand by my opinion.  Sorry bud, no one should have been publicly celebrating the deaths of nearly 3,000 civilians especially while in view of the New York skyline.  
    I was as well, as I worked in NOVA at the time.  But as soon as you open the gate to allow vigilante justice, then it becomes a pogrom pretty quickly.  And don't think those don't occur.  There was a massive one in India 20 years ago where thousands of ethnic minorities were murdered because of something an individual did.  You give people a green light to exercise their prejudices without consequences.  There's no agreeing to disagree.  You either support the rule of law or you don't.  It's pretty straightforward.  
    fI the people who were celebrating the attack were beat up, then I would hope that they (the people throwing the punches) would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  However the people celebrating definitely deserved to get a punch or five to the face.  It's like being a Yankees fan and running your mouth at Fenway, you just don't do it.  Use common sense. 
    Ha, well that's a bit of a different argument.  Sure, punch away and then go to jail for assault.  
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    Anyways, the whole premise that Muslims were celebrating in New Jersey after the towers fell is complete bullshit.

Interesting conversation but started on a lie. As has been already stated, it's been investigated at length and debunked many times. 

https://www.snopes.com/news/2015/11/22/donald-trump-cheering-911/
    It definitely isn’t bull shit as proven by the two articles I posted. 
    It doesn't matter if it happened or not.  People are allowed to be aholes in this country.  They are allowed to be scumbags.  They are allowed to celebrate our enemies, which Jane Fonda did during Vietnam as an easy example.  But that doesn't give anyone the right to beat the shit out of Jane Fonda or string her up. 
    this is what people are missing. whether it happened or not does not matter. 
    Just look at some of the comments in here. If you were a Muslim and people were hanging this lie on you it sure as hell would matter.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Americans are famous for being bad in geography, maybe they confused NJ with...East Jerusalem.  I imagine NJ is much like the middle east, easy mistake to make... 

What ABC News Footage Shows of 9/11 Celebrations
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/abc-news-footage-shows-911-celebrations/story?id=35534125

Instead, there are repeated mentions on ABC News of celebrations on Sept. 11 among a group of Palestinians in East Jerusalem, 5,700 miles away from New Jersey

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Ha, well that's a bit of a different argument.  Sure, punch away and then go to jail for assault.  
    My bad for not being more clear. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    Anyways, the whole premise that Muslims were celebrating in New Jersey after the towers fell is complete bullshit.

Interesting conversation but started on a lie. As has been already stated, it's been investigated at length and debunked many times. 

https://www.snopes.com/news/2015/11/22/donald-trump-cheering-911/
    It definitely isn’t bull shit as proven by the two articles I posted. 
    It doesn't matter if it happened or not.  People are allowed to be aholes in this country.  They are allowed to be scumbags.  They are allowed to celebrate our enemies, which Jane Fonda did during Vietnam as an easy example.  But that doesn't give anyone the right to beat the shit out of Jane Fonda or string her up. 
    this is what people are missing. whether it happened or not does not matter. 
    Just look at some of the comments in here. If you were a Muslim and people were hanging this lie on you it sure as hell would matter.
    sure, in that context, yes, I would agree with that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Common sense is not using the New York Post as your source of proof. When the story has been debunked by much more reputable actual news organizations. 

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Not even remotely a good example nor comparison.  You should be able to go to a sporting event and root for whoever the fuck you want without the fear of some mouthbreathing fan of the other team giving you a "punch or five to the face."  That's just fucking stupid thinking. Adults should act like adults, not gladiators.  Stop with the "asking for it" mentality. When given the option, one should always choose to be the better person.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,669
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

True.  But those people celebrating deserve a genuine ass whooping.  
    And somewhere in Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Syria, etc. is a grieving widow whose family was killed in a drone strike who feels the same way and thus the cycle continues. It's the pathetic human need for vengeance.
    If you don’t fly airplanes into buildings then none of that happens. Imagine what would happen to people If they celebrated a drone strike in Syria or Afghanistan?  
    They would get an ass whuppin?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

So thought police?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

And somewhere in Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Syria, etc. is a grieving widow whose family was killed in a drone strike who feels the same way and thus the cycle continues. It's the pathetic human need for vengeance.
    If you don’t fly airplanes into buildings then none of that happens. Imagine what would happen to people If they celebrated a drone strike in Syria or Afghanistan?  
    Do you really want to stoop to that level...beating people up?  By the way, none of you would here...a criminal record for assault will not go away and any criminal record is burdensome...  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
     maybe they confused NJ with...East Jerusalem.  I imagine NJ is much like the middle east, easy mistake to make... 
    Couldn't help but think of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon when I read this lol. They believe that during the three days between Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection, he came to America and preached in upstate New York. Talk about "fake news" (to stay on the thread topic)
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

I would guess they would be shot on the spot. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

I would guess they would be shot on the spot. 
    and so the point is what? it makes it ok to do the same here?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Not even remotely a good example nor comparison.  You should be able to go to a sporting event and root for whoever the fuck you want without the fear of some mouthbreathing fan of the other team giving you a "punch or five to the face."  That's just fucking stupid thinking. Adults should act like adults, not gladiators.  Stop with the "asking for it" mentality. When given the option, one should always choose to be the better person.
    I agree but unfortunately that is the way it is in some stadiums.  

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

I live near Philly. Let's just say I have seen some shit in my days towards opposing fans. It's pretty sad actually. 

Buffalo on the other hand isn't bad at all. I'm a Dolphins fan and have been up to Buffalo a few times for Dolphins/Bills games. Always wore my Marino jersey and never had a problem. Well, except for this one guy that booed me from my seat, to the bathroom as I pissed, and back to my seat. He just walked next to me booing me for like 5 straight minutes. It was all in good fun though.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Then we should encourage those around us to do better instead of just accepting it as the way it is.  What's that saying, be the change you want to see?  I've had to calm down fans of my own team before.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,107
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Not OK with how it was in the 1950s.
    Write's like he's stuck in the 1950s.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Then we should encourage those around us to do better instead of just accepting it as the way it is.  What's that saying, be the change you want to see?  I've had to calm down fans of my own team before.
    Good luck with that one bud!  I refuse to bring my kids to any sporting events in philly because they would just get harassed the entire time (being Giants/Rangers and Yankees fans).   Christ I think I was yelled at because I had on a yankees hat in the parking lot of a pj show in philly.  lol
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Not OK with how it was in the 1950s.
    Write's like he's stuck in the 1950s.
    Like I said, if you celebrate the deaths of 3000 civilians while in public then don't be surprised to have repercussions in the form of a fist, elbow or leg.  If that makes me stuck in the 50s then cool.  
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited March 2019

I’ll try and exit again. Tough to do when you try only to take some cheap shots. Trump supporter? Racist? 

Geezuz man.

Welcome to the team lol
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    edited March 2019
    sometimes I just can't believe what I read on this board. 
    Ditto. This 1st A/Muslims celebrating discussion/debate is blowing my mind TBH.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Under the scenario discussed i wouldn't be surprised if Disorderly Conduct charges would apply
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Getting back to the real important issue anybody watch coward Lindsey Graham today on CNN , the man is a deplorable ! I’m sorry but I’m not debating crap that happens back in 2001 , what we have happening here today should be the focus ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,665
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Do you really want to stoop to that level...beating people up?  By the way, none of you would here...a criminal record for assault will not go away and any criminal record is burdensome...  
    I don’t stoop to that level. My point is that he supports being violent toward people who do something he finds offensive. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Good luck with that one bud!  I refuse to bring my kids to any sporting events in philly because they would just get harassed the entire time (being Giants/Rangers and Yankees fans).   Christ I think I was yelled at because I had on a yankees hat in the parking lot of a pj show in philly.  lol
    Well, I'll give ya that one! Philly is a different world.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Christ I think I was yelled at because I had on a yankees hat in the parking lot of a pj show in philly.  lol
    Was that you? Sorry about that! Lol

Keep that Yankees bullshit in Jersey!

Side note: The LEGENDARY Pjscreamer, huge Yankees fan, once told me drunkenly in the Camden parking lot that i would pay $50 to smell Derek Jeters fingers...... hahahaha

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

I don’t stoop to that level. My point is that he supports being violent toward people who do something he finds offensive. 
      I was not referring to you, just a general observation.  But I certainly do not recall anyone celebrating in NA. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,833
    my2hands said:
    Under the scenario discussed i wouldn't be surprised if Disorderly Conduct charges would apply
    For a country that prides itself on individual freedoms, that’s getting pretty close to a China level of law enforcement. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
This discussion has been closed.