Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    edited February 2019
    my2hands said:
    I love watching people twist into pretzels trying to explain and excuse away Pocahontas.... she is whiter than mayonnaise, thought she was Native American because granny said so? lol

Some of ya'll are either really naive or just refuse to own shit when its your side

She fucked up and has zero shot in a primary now... move on
    Why does it always have to be about sides?  When are people going to wake up and realize the only two sides are the government and the people.  And the former isn't working for the latter.  Democrats, Republicans.  The only difference between the two is which group of billionaires they pander to.
    I don't agree that there is no difference between the Dems and Reps right now at all. At some point in the past that was true. Not anymore. Not even close. I think saying that ignores a whole lot of obvious facts. that doesn't mean I don't acknowledge that money has a huge role on both sides. Of course that is true, and of course the government can't generally be trusted in any case. But that isn't at all enough to make the Dems and Reps the the same, nor to say that one is against the people as much as the other. I think it's beyond obvious that one is more against the people than the other now.

As for my2hands' comment.... I can't speak for anyone else, but my view on that has nothing at all to do with sides. The only place my mind goes with that is genealogy and other aspects of how family histories are built (real or conjured over time). My mother is really into this, so I've learned a lot through her, and really understand how powerful and impactful oral family histories and family myths can be, and how self-identity relies on that FAR FAR FAR more than so many people (especially my2hands, apparently) seem to give it credit for, and so much more than genes/DNA does. The "family myth" is a powerful influencer that is not normally under the control of the person receiving the information - absorbing the myth - all their lives since childhood.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,133
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

In case any of the "she never said herself...." crowd missed WaPo's story yesterday.
    To me, this just shows she’s believed in this narrative about her heritage for decades, because this is dated 1986. It wasn’t something put on for political gain. It turns out it was incorrect, but it seems to have been a genuine belief. 

More and more people are now finding out that their heritage isn’t what they believed and what they were taught, and there will be a lot more fallout from that. 
    I agree with your overall point. If only she had addressed it honestly and contritely from the moment this issue was raised. Instead she dug in and handed it like a politician for years.
    Her handling of it when the DNA results came out didn't help the optics of it, certainly. However, I don't think there was any was that she could have handled it that wouldn't lead to the same criticism, given the ones handing out the criticism. 
    Team Trump Treason can only win via the politics of personal destruction rather than policy. He’s going to avoid debating at all costs and if he does, he’ll stammer and come across as the disengaged idiot that he is. Nipple and Button, anyone?
    I’m confused at why anything someone that opposing trump does is ok and anything someone that supports trump does is bad.

Defending Warren on this is pretty weak. Heck it was the Washington Post, not Fox News.  I’m not sure when we all lost the ability to see the good vs bad regardless of party. 
     Because claiming Native American heritage doesn’t come anywhere close to the transgressions of Team Trump Treason. If Elizabeth Warren sexually assaulted men, bragged about it, scammed consumers out of millions of dollars, declared bankruptcy multiple times, cheated on her taxes, laundered money, conspired with a foreign power to throw her election to her, then we could have a rational conversation about equal condemnation. Both sides are not the same so stop positing that what Elizabeth Warren did is as bad as what Team Trump Treason did or will do.
    I’m not comparing. You are. Warren is still wrong and she’s done.

where did you get that from??? The comparison?  You are ignoring her stupidity and her bad move because it’s not as bad as trump? Is that right?

Because being outraged or claiming that what Elizabeth Warren has done should disqualify her for running for president is complete and utter bullshit and I thought you might be smart enough to realize that but apparently not. Its not such an egregious transgression that rises to the level some would like it to rise to. "Warren is still done." Guess she should resign the senate too? Keep up the faux outrage over something so insignificant, its fitting.
    Quit playing word games.  You know what these means.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    For the record I don;t care you called me stupid other than you wonder why I keep responding to your posts.  I'm not letting you do it and not get a response.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

In case any of the "she never said herself...." crowd missed WaPo's story yesterday.
    To me, this just shows she’s believed in this narrative about her heritage for decades, because this is dated 1986. It wasn’t something put on for political gain. It turns out it was incorrect, but it seems to have been a genuine belief. 

More and more people are now finding out that their heritage isn’t what they believed and what they were taught, and there will be a lot more fallout from that. 
    I agree with your overall point. If only she had addressed it honestly and contritely from the moment this issue was raised. Instead she dug in and handed it like a politician for years.
    Her handling of it when the DNA results came out didn't help the optics of it, certainly. However, I don't think there was any was that she could have handled it that wouldn't lead to the same criticism, given the ones handing out the criticism. 
    Team Trump Treason can only win via the politics of personal destruction rather than policy. He’s going to avoid debating at all costs and if he does, he’ll stammer and come across as the disengaged idiot that he is. Nipple and Button, anyone?
    I’m confused at why anything someone that opposing trump does is ok and anything someone that supports trump does is bad.

Defending Warren on this is pretty weak. Heck it was the Washington Post, not Fox News.  I’m not sure when we all lost the ability to see the good vs bad regardless of party. 
     Because claiming Native American heritage doesn’t come anywhere close to the transgressions of Team Trump Treason. If Elizabeth Warren sexually assaulted men, bragged about it, scammed consumers out of millions of dollars, declared bankruptcy multiple times, cheated on her taxes, laundered money, conspired with a foreign power to throw her election to her, then we could have a rational conversation about equal condemnation. Both sides are not the same so stop positing that what Elizabeth Warren did is as bad as what Team Trump Treason did or will do.

where did you get that from??? The comparison?  You are ignoring her stupidity and her bad move because it’s not as bad as trump? Is that right?

Because being outraged or claiming that what Elizabeth Warren has done should disqualify her for running for president is complete and utter bullshit and I thought you might be smart enough to realize that but apparently not. Its not such an egregious transgression that rises to the level some would like it to rise to. "Warren is still done." Guess she should resign the senate too? Keep up the faux outrage over something so insignificant, its fitting.
    I remember you had a shit fit when I said something similar to you, FWIW.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Not being smart enough to realize something is not the same as being stupid. It’s not word games. I never called you stupid but you’re the one claiming I did.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Ah, a "shit fit".  Nice. 

Here's a shit fit for you, I knew you'd be jumping in on this.  Cause you and Halifax share a lot of the same traits.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/politics/elizabeth-warren-native-american/index.html

This.

Ok, unless someone else wants to call me stupid or say I said things I didn't say I'm done with this.  
    Please point me to where I called you “stupid?” Making shit up again. See? It works both ways.
    "I thought you were smart enough....but I guess i was wrong". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/politics/elizabeth-warren-native-american/index.html

This.

Ok, unless someone else wants to call me stupid or say I said things I didn't say I'm done with this.  
    Please point me to where I called you “stupid?” Making shit up again. See? It works both ways.
    To realize something. You forgot that part.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Ah, a "shit fit".  Nice. 

Here's a shit fit for you, I knew you'd be jumping in on this.  Cause you and Halifax share a lot of the same traits.
    Good. I like Halifax, I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks!
    Not sure why you're bothered by what I said though. You like to point out inconsistencies in other people's posts. I guess that's a trait you and I have in common! How full circle-y, lol.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

it's passive aggressive bullshit and you know it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Oh wow, welcome back, lol. Nice entrance.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

nice deflection, "lol"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

nice deflection, "lol"
    What are you picking on me for? Jesus. You came back just to pick a fight with me? I'm not deflecting anything. I don't even actually think Cincy's comment was passive aggressive. I don't think there was anything passive about it.
  • Options
    Oh man this is becoming priceless....
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    It's becoming stupid.
  • Options
    This whole thread is exactly what Trump wants: people talking about him non-stop, and fighting with each other over irrelevant bullshit. A lot of you guys are playing right into his hands. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    This whole thread is exactly what Trump wants: people talking about him non-stop, and fighting with each other over irrelevant bullshit. A lot of you guys are playing right into his hands. 
    This is actually a personal argument unrelated to Trump or politics. We may as well be arguing about who called who a poo-poo head when someone accidentally broke a toy.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

nice deflection, "lol"
    What are you picking on me for? Jesus. You came back just to pick a fight with me? I'm not deflecting anything. I don't even actually think Cincy's comment was passive aggressive. I don't think there was anything passive about it.
    1) I never left
    2) I'm picking on you/picking a fight with you? 
    3) I, uh, wasn't calling HIS comment passive aggressive.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    It's becoming stupid.
    No it already was that.  Now it's priceless.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

This.

please enlighten me on how that changes the meaning. HAHA
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    This is actually a personal argument unrelated to Trump or politics. We may as well be arguing about who called who a poo-poo head when someone accidentally broke a toy.
    At this rate, it'll probably get to that point eventually. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    At this rate, it'll probably get to that point eventually. 
    Haha, yeah, maybe.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    It's becoming stupid.
    No it already was that.  Now it's priceless.
    Nah. I guess now it's really really stupid.
  • Options

This.

If I don't understand how light bends in a physics experiment but have a general understanding of the very basics of physics, it doesn't make me stupid. Hardee harr harr LOL. And if you called me stupid, I wouldn't be offended.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Perfect.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

This.

If I don't understand how light bends in a physics experiment but have a general understanding of the very basics of physics, it doesn't make me stupid. Hardee harr harr LOL. And if you called me stupid, I wouldn't be offended.
    Stupid isn't what I would call you.  But you wouldn't be offended anyhow

I really wish people around here would just own up to what they are saying though.  The deflections, etc are really annoying to me at least.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    We're on a break. Thread will be opened again in time. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    So anyway....tRump is a fucking idiot.  He's tweeting about how Repubs never harassed Obama
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
This discussion has been closed.