Options

***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,113
    mrussel1 said:
    Lemon and Cuomo are kind of aggravating.  I don't know what it is, but they don't know how to subtly drop their opinion.  It's over the top.  I like Cooper and Wolf, but the rest of the CNN cast is not very talented.  
    Cuomo is okay in my book. He seems at least a little more impartial. Sure, he will give his opinion, but he also gives time for both sides to talk. Always has opposing viewpoints on his show.

Lemon is just a partisan clown. His show is a joke. I've felt like that since before Trump. And I like Rick Wilson, but Lemon could not have acted less professionally there. He should've just cut Wilson off and moved on. Now, he's a campaign ad for Trump. 
    I was driving a long way on Sunday and was listening to MSNBC some on Sirius.  They were interviewing a GOP guy named Jack.  The host and the liberal panelist or whatever got to be so annoying over the radio I had to turn it off.  Their points seemed spot on and I liked calling Jack out on his BS...but all the host did was repeat "jack, jack, jack jack jack" to get him to stop talking (and to be honest he often did stop talking pretty quickly) but of course she let the liberal panelist interrupt as needed.  And while I agreed with what they were saying, it felt like a setup and was unlistenable.  I wish I knew who the host was...female is all I know.  I would avoid 100%.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    We focus a lot on vulnerable Republicans, but this is a reminder that the vulnerable Democrats factor into the equation, too.

https://amp.axios.com/joe-manchin-hunter-biden-witness-trump-impeachment-bd87b99c-227b-4475-9376-40380be8cbd9.html
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    pjl44 said:
    We focus a lot on vulnerable Republicans, but this is a reminder that the vulnerable Democrats factor into the equation, too.

https://amp.axios.com/joe-manchin-hunter-biden-witness-trump-impeachment-bd87b99c-227b-4475-9376-40380be8cbd9.html
    Didn't Manchin just get reelected in 2018? Therefore I don't think he would really have to worry about his stance. I could be wrong.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    Now, in heaven's name, would you do something like this, if it was a "perfect" call?

Washington (CNN)The White House has issued a formal threat to former national security adviser John Bolton to keep him from publishing his book, "The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir," sources familiar with the matter tell CNN.

The White House had no comment. Neither Bolton nor a spokesman for the publisher, Simon & Schuster, responded to a request for comment.
    The letter comes in the midst of President Donald Trump attacking Bolton on Twitter, and Bolton's lawyer accusing the White House of corrupting the vetting process for Bolton's book by sharing the contents of the book with those outside the National Security Council's Records Management Division.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/29/politics/donald-trump-john-bolton-white-house-book/index.html

Because we all know:

“There was no collusion.”

“I don’t know any Russians.”

“I have nothing to hide.”

“I’ll sit down and talk to anyone.”

“We do everything by the book.”

“Only the guilty plea the fifth.”

“Very legal, very cool.”

“Fully exonerated.”

“Essentially no obstruction.”

“Very friendly and totally appropriate.”

“No quid pro quo.”

Follow the damn money, from Russia with love and a PTape, all the way to impeachment.

There is nothing to hide.....

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

Didn't Manchin just get reelected in 2018? Therefore I don't think he would really have to worry about his stance. I could be wrong.
    Yes, you're right.  Also Jones from Alabama but I think he is up for the senate this year again, since he was a special election.  I bet he votes 'nay' on removal.  
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited January 2020
    I used to think Don Lemon was unwatchable.  

However, like most of CNN, he brings nothing but truth.

"The President of the United States of America is racist." 
    He let that line sit out there for a good 8 seconds with a matching chyron one night.  It was PF amazing.

‘This is CNN Tonight. I’m Don Lemon. The president of the United States is racist.’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/01/12/this-is-cnn-tonight-im-don-lemon-the-president-of-the-united-states-is-racist/

Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Kat said:
    Dig the Alexander Calder in the Hart Senate Office Building. From back when art meant something to Congress.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

Vulnerable was a poor word choice. Meant those who are in generally tentative seats.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Adam Schiff is a fucking brilliant attorney.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

Vulnerable was a poor word choice. Meant those who are in generally tentative seats.
    I think it was the right choice.  He's perpetually vulnerable, as a Democrat in a deep red state.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

I think it was the right choice.  He's perpetually vulnerable, as a Democrat in a deep red state.  
    I like to think they can focus on legislating for 4 years or so before the soul-crushing dread of their next election starts to kick in
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Quid Pro Quos are totally fine.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

I like to think they can focus on legislating for 4 years or so before the soul-crushing dread of their next election starts to kick in
    I think that's true, but whatever the vote is here might come back to haunt him.  If Trump is the president during his next campaign, you can be sure that's the ad that will run.  By contrast, if half the country gets their collective brains and souls back, it could be a positive to vote to remove.  That's the gamble he will have to take.  So since there's puts and takes on both sides, hopefully he will just vote his conscience.  

I think Doug Jones votes nay though.  He is up this year I believe.  
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

Amazing that he was even elected. Is there a story behind that?
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

I think that's true, but whatever the vote is here might come back to haunt him.  If Trump is the president during his next campaign, you can be sure that's the ad that will run.  By contrast, if half the country gets their collective brains and souls back, it could be a positive to vote to remove.  That's the gamble he will have to take.  So since there's puts and takes on both sides, hopefully he will just vote his conscience.  

Agree completely with just about all of this, although I'm skeptical whether people will still care about the impeachment vote in 2024. At least the *2020* impeachment vote.

What you're saying gets to my larger point about how we on here focus a lot of energy on the vulnerable Rs and don't really acknowledge how the vulnerable Ds might swing some of these votes.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

Sounds like Manchin, Jones and Sinema according to Politico.

Trio of Dem senators considering vote to acquit Trump

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,029
    edited January 2020
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

Surprised by Manchin. Such a standfast hell of a guy

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

Surprised by Manchin. Such a standfast hell of a guy

Manchin is on the Baffoon payroll, he’s a creep 

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

I think Sinema will go with the caucus.  That one would surprise me.  We shall see.  
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

Agree completely with just about all of this, although I'm skeptical whether people will still care about the impeachment vote in 2024. At least the *2020* impeachment vote.

What you're saying gets to my larger point about how we on here focus a lot of energy on the vulnerable Rs and don't really acknowledge how the vulnerable Ds might swing some of these votes.
    Yes 100% agree on vulnerable dems. 
  • Options
    First things first is to get the witnesses. I don't think there is any doubt these three will vote against that. If Bolton's testimony is as explosive as advertised, would make it tough on them to not vote for removal. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    First things first is to get the witnesses. I don't think there is any doubt these three will vote against that. If Bolton's testimony is as explosive as advertised, would make it tough on them to not vote for removal. 
    Interesting.  I'm reading it the other way.  Schumer said his caucus is united on the topic.  I don't see how they vote against witnesses. Might as well exit the D at that point. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Interesting.  I'm reading it the other way.  Schumer said his caucus is united on the topic.  I don't see how they vote against witnesses. Might as well exit the D at that point. 
    I think we do agree?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I think we do agree?
    I thought you were saying you think Manchin, Jones and Sinema will vote against witnesses.  
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    mrussel1 said:
    Lemon and Cuomo are kind of aggravating.  I don't know what it is, but they don't know how to subtly drop their opinion.  It's over the top.  I like Cooper and Wolf, but the rest of the CNN cast is not very talented.  
    Cuomo is okay in my book. He seems at least a little more impartial. Sure, he will give his opinion, but he also gives time for both sides to talk. Always has opposing viewpoints on his show.

Lemon is just a partisan clown. His show is a joke. I've felt like that since before Trump. And I like Rick Wilson, but Lemon could not have acted less professionally there. He should've just cut Wilson off and moved on. Now, he's a campaign ad for Trump. 

Cuomo tries to be too impartial.  He brings a lot of right wing Idiots spouting lunacy and he never plays journalist and asks tough follow up questions.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    mrussel1 said:

Cuomo tries to be too impartial.  He brings a lot of right wing Idiots spouting lunacy and he never plays journalist and asks tough follow up questions.
    And he gives Kelly Ann CONway a platform to spew her nonsense and filibuster any type of response that calls out her bullshit. Why anyone has her on is beyond me.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,804

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    He will be acquitted and will win re-election, this country loves corruption and the president has been a corrupt individual for his entire life ...
    Fuck your precious constitution! It’s a worthless outdated document...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....