***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    Guess who's about to get a subpoena....

Bolton 'prepared to testify' if subpoenaed in Senate trial https://news.yahoo.com/john-bolton-prepared-testify-subpoenaed-170441310.html

Hey Bolton, why don't you testify in front of the House first, ok?

Like you were already asked to?

Then maybe the House tacks on a few more articles of impeachment
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    Given the Times' story, Pelosi is looking better and better. Clearly the aid was not being held for any national security reasons as the the national security adviser was advising him, nay, pleading with him to provide the aid.

I think McConnell will cave sooner than later...
    ....and now Johnny wants to testify.

As I've said, Advantage: Pelosi. She has played this beautifully. 
    I'll be the first to admit I thought she was a waffler and then caved at the wrong time. I don't think I could have been any more wrong. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Given the Times' story, Pelosi is looking better and better. Clearly the aid was not being held for any national security reasons as the the national security adviser was advising him, nay, pleading with him to provide the aid.

I don't trust him i can see him testifying and clearing the Baffoon no way he throws him under the bus ..
    I think Bolton takes this stuff very seriously. I don't think his objective with this is to just clear Trump, who he clearly doesn't respect. He didn't even give the White House a heads up about his announcement today. 
    www.myspace.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519

I don't trust him i can see him testifying and clearing the Baffoon no way he throws him under the bus ..
    the fact that bolton claims he attempted to resign and trump said no then turned around and fired him is really all you need to know. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,136
    I want to hear him testify as much as anyone, but Bolton's playing games and it would be easy enough for Rs to spin it that way if they want.
  • pjl44 said:
    I want to hear him testify as much as anyone, but Bolton's playing games and it would be easy enough for Rs to spin it that way if they want.
    You think, under oath, he would lie and risk jail time?
    pjl44 said:
    No, I'm saying if they don't call him
  • pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    No, I'm saying if they don't call him
    Got it TY.
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    If the Senate's not going to do it, the HIC/HJC should call some more witnesses, and tack on some more evidence and more articles.
    Lies are MAD easy but facts are MFing relentless.
    Let Trumpito know they see through his distracting bullshit and force that fuck to resign.  
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • pjl44 said:
    He lied about WMD in iraq. why would he be honest now?
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • pjl44 said:
    I always wondered if he actually had intel or they severely embellished the truth?

Either way I think he gets caught lying if he does take the stand.
    ikiT said:
    If the Senate's not going to do it, the HIC/HJC should call some more witnesses, and tack on some more evidence and more articles.
    Lies are MAD easy but facts are MFing relentless.
    Let Trumpito know they see through his distracting bullshit and force that fuck to resign.  
    That's a good point. What would stop the House from reaching back out to him? Assuming that everyone involved isn't just playing political games, naturally. 
  • pjl44 said:
    I always wondered if he actually had intel or they severely embellished the truth?

they all lied. none have been held to account.

• pjl44 said:

This was the first time ever in my life that I realized that the song War Pigs was true.  Sometimes you have to live it...

My view on politics was never the same after this happened.
  • pjl44 said:

This was the first time ever in my life that I realized that the song War Pigs was true.  Sometimes you have to live it...

yeah you can never really appreciate it until you go through the leadup to a war in real time.

i remember protesting in the leadup to the iraq war and people on this very train told me to move out of the country. turns out i, and the majority of the posters on here were right. none of the pro iraq war people are around here anymore.

• pjl44 said:

yeah you can never really appreciate it until you go through the leadup to a war in real time.

i remember protesting in the leadup to the iraq war and people on this very train told me to move out of the country. turns out i, and the majority of the posters on here were right. none of the pro iraq war people are around here anymore.
    I too never thought we should have entered Iraq.  Blood and Oil is what I thought and could hear Jello Biafra saying it.  This was during Bush Jr though.  I was all for Bush sr going in back in 91 or so.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,167

the fact that bolton claims he attempted to resign and trump said no then turned around and fired him is really all you need to know. 
    I hope you guys are right for some reason I just don’t trust his motives , why now he refused to for the house he is promoting his book ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,346

I hope you guys are right for some reason I just don’t trust his motives , why now he refused to for the house he is promoting his book ..
    Also,  will he be making a show of support now that we've taken action against Iran? Lord knows he's been for that for years. 
    mrussel1 said:

Also,  will he be making a show of support now that we've taken action against Iran? Lord knows he's been for that for years. 
    The timing is odd. That much I will grant. Then again, maybe he feels we need the steady leadership of one, Michael Pence, to guide us through World War Three. He has seen first hand how unfit for the job Trump is. Who knows?
    www.myspace.com
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,167
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah he talked about regime change in Iran after the killing ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Romney comes out saying he wants Bolton to testify...

www.myspace.com
  • Romney comes out saying he wants Bolton to testify...

for now. until he doesn't want that anymore.

• What are they hiding? Or more likely, what are they covering up?

https://apple.news/Abb0mCQJCRJCKQgWl4gznhA
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mrussel1 said:

The timing is odd. That much I will grant. Then again, maybe he feels we need the steady leadership of one, Michael Pence, to guide us through World War Three. He has seen first hand how unfit for the job Trump is. Who knows?
    What's w this WW3 talk?  If the nuclear deal was working w Iran then they don't have any nuclear weapons.  Even if they did they aren't dumb enough to use them.  As much as they hate Israel, they would have done something by now.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    mrussel1 said:

What's w this WW3 talk?  If the nuclear deal was working w Iran then they don't have any nuclear weapons.  Even if they did they aren't dumb enough to use them.  As much as they hate Israel, they would have done something by now.
    Can I remind you of the timeline?
    -criticize the Iran Nuclear Deal endlessly, claiming its weaknesses represent an existential threat to the USA
    -withdraw from the Iran Nuclear Deal with an aim to replace it with a new one. Count on the honour system in the meantime
    -observe as Iran acquired proxy power across the Middle East and continue to strong-arm unsuccessfully
    -assassinate the #1 military leader in Iran (one year after withdrawing, with still no renewed Nuclear Deal in sight)
    -Iran announces it will not adhere to enrichment limits set in the now-obsolete deal

It shouldn't be hard to understand why some are fearful of retribution. Violating international law and blowing up cultural sites (as Trump has suggested he would, but the Pentagon just had to state wouldn't happen) is also a pretty bad look for a supposedly responsible global superpower, and allies will likely take notice, and the rifts between the US and enemies has probably already socially grown, as trust diminishes. Just the act of announcing this pursuit was brazen and apathetic (as well as possibly illegal, as it sounds like there was no authorization granted by Congress, nor time-sensitivity provided - necessary to waive that requirement).

One last thing, four days ago I would've said a certain politician wouldn't be dumb enough to blow up a high-ranking Iranian official when there was no legitimate, time-sensitive reason to do so. Trying to predict what desperate, proud and/or moronic leaders might do is proving to be a fruitless venture. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:

-criticize the Iran Nuclear Deal endlessly, claiming its weaknesses represent an existential threat to the USA
    -withdraw from the Iran Nuclear Deal with an aim to replace it with a new one. Count on the honour system in the meantime
    -observe as Iran acquired proxy power across the Middle East and continue to strong-arm unsuccessfully
    -assassinate the #1 military leader in Iran (one year after withdrawing, with still no renewed Nuclear Deal in sight)
    -Iran announces it will not adhere to enrichment limits set in the now-obsolete deal

It shouldn't be hard to understand why some are fearful of retribution. Violating international law and blowing up cultural sites (as Trump has suggested he would, but the Pentagon just had to state wouldn't happen) is also a pretty bad look for a supposedly responsible global superpower, and allies will likely take notice, and the rifts between the US and enemies has probably already socially grown, as trust diminishes. Just the act of announcing this pursuit was brazen and apathetic (as well as possibly illegal, as it sounds like there was no authorization granted by Congress, nor time-sensitivity provided - necessary to waive that requirement).

One last thing, four days ago I would've said a certain politician wouldn't be dumb enough to blow up a high-ranking Iranian official when there was no legitimate, time-sensitive reason to do so. Trying to predict what desperate, proud and/or moronic leaders might do is proving to be a fruitless venture. 
    Counterpoint based on what I've been reading: Iran's strength seems to be on the wane and most of that was wrapped up in Soleimani's efforts. He had a knack for coordinating with all these disparate pieces; there's no natural replacement, as he was a singular force.

Not to say that Trump made a good decision or that we're not in a precarious moment. It's just not a foregone conclusion that it's going to kick off a full scale war. We shall see.
    pjl44 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:

Counterpoint based on what I've been reading: Iran's strength seems to be on the wane and most of that was wrapped up in Soleimani's efforts. He had a knack for coordinating with all these disparate pieces; there's no natural replacement, as he was a singular force.

Not to say that Trump made a good decision or that we're not in a precarious moment. It's just not a foregone conclusion that it's going to kick off a full scale war. We shall see.
    No way, that's bullshit (I'm not calling you out).  While I understand that the general was a force for 30 years, but there's no chance that he did not have a #2 that is ready to step up.  It would be strategic malpractice not to have such a person in line.  This is why the tactic by the US was so foolish.  If there was an "imminent" threat to US safety, as the admin said, then the risk does not move to 0% without the general being alive.  Makes no sense in any environment..gov't, military, business, etc. 
    The more I think about this move, and the more that the counter moves surprise the administration (see Iraq vote), the more I'm convinced this is just another off the cuff decision by the president, without proper planning or situational awareness for the possible reactions.  
    The letter written by the 2 star general in Iraq yesterday tells you all you need to know.  The fact that he drafted that letter tells you that the admin did not envision the possibility of Iraq voting the way they did.  They never thought through second and third order effects.  If they had, the head of forces in Iraq would have been briefed by Washington in advance and would have known exactly the plan for that scenario.  
    mrussel1 said:
    The letter written by the 2 star general in Iraq yesterday tells you all you need to know.  The fact that he drafted that letter tells you that the admin did not envision the possibility of Iraq voting the way they did.  They never thought through second and third order effects.  If they had, the head of forces in Iraq would have been briefed by Washington in advance and would have known exactly the plan for that scenario.  
    It's almost as if Trump doesn't know what the fuck he's doing...
    www.myspace.com
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    "THE FIELD"
    Romney comes out saying he wants Bolton to testify...

Yeah but he wont:

GOP moderates side with McConnell over Bolton testimony

Democrats are unlikely to get four Republicans to vote to subpoena John Bolton.

Romney said he was open to hearing testimony from Bolton, but he stopped short of saying he would vote with Democrats to subpoena him.