***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    how long until trump starts rounding up americans of middle eastern descent and putting them in jail?
    It seemed to play well for that racist fuck FDR. History seems to revere him despite his rounding up Americans and putting them in concentration camps due to the shape of their eyes.
    i think history reveres FDR for his domestic achievements more than anything he did during WWII. he died before WWII ended, so the new deal is what he is remembered most for.

i am not excusing him for what he did with those camps. we were attacked and he did what he felt what he had to do as disgusting as it was. 

trump's domestic legacy is terrible, and he attacked iran instead of iran attacking us. it is kind of an opposite situation in this case.
    The fact FDR felt he had to do it is exactly what I'm calling out. He was a sick fucker and gets no pass from me. I don't hold him to any different standard than I'd hold Trump to. A racist piece of shit is a racist piece of shit, even if they happen to do a couple of good things.
    i agree with you. i was speaking from historical consensus among people who have done documentaries on FDR, not my own personal opinion.

even terrible people do something right once in a while. trump signed the legislation making animal cruelty a felony. still does not excuse the other terrible shit he says and does on an hourly basis.
    It's always important to have historical perspective.  I feel like these are overstated criticisms,  using the morals of today,  not those of 80 years ago.  You can say something was clearly wrong now,  but saying FDR was a racist pos is over the top. 
    My views generally align with yours on many things, but not on this one. I don't think it is over the top in the slightest. Different standards, perhaps. But we were well past the days of slavery. This was a supposedly intelligent and enlightened leader who decided that because our enemy had a certain eye shape, Americans with the same shaped eyes should have their lives utterly destroyed - their homes and livelihoods trashed. Perhaps it is because of the area I'm from, having known a couple of families affected, etc... But it was an absolute abomination to everything we hold dear. FDR was a sick fucker and should never be revered for his unforgivable authoritarian and racist act.
    I'm curious of your view of Americans at this time period too as nobody did or said anything to prevent this from happening, people just followed orders.

They didn't just follow orders.  The fact of the matter is that vast majority of Americans were supportive of the policy. https://exhibitions.ushmm.org/americans-and-the-holocaust/main/us-public-opinion-on-japanese-internment-1942 
    And it wasn't just because their eyes were shaped differently, as Koreans and Chinese were not interred.  

I'd be curious if any of you ever discussed this policy with relatives that were adults during that time period.  I talked to my uncles about it, in the 90's.  They both served in the war and were supportive of the policy.  Again, it doesn't make it right, it makes FDR a man of his times.  
    You are correct, I used hyperbole when talking about the shapes of their eyes. But land of their ancestors doesn't quite cut it either. German-Americans (white people) weren't rounded up when our troops were fighting Nazis. Perhaps it is an east coast / west coast dichotomy, since we're Pacific Rim here and had and still have a large Asian population. Certainly white farmers didn't oppose this, since it gave them a chance to take the land stolen from the Japanese-American farmers, but there was certainly local opposition in these parts. There are interesting parallels today, with Trump's Census Bureau trying to inquire about citizenship, and FDR's Census Bureau assisting in the round-ups by supplying confidential information about Japanese-American neighborhoods. I may not change anyone's mind here, but for me FDR was as authoritarian and racist as Trump and actually acted against Americans, which Trump hasn't done yet
    Fair enough.

Gitmo then?  We are under president number 3 and it is still going strong.  This is where the term "enemy combatant" was made popular.
    And one of those three, a dem, tried to close it and even had a state and prison willing to take them. The previous dem President successfully prosecuted “enemy combatants” who are still in prison to this day. Now, which party fears the constitution?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • brianlux said:
    is ordering assassination of a foreign leader without authorization of congress another impeachable offense?
    No, learned that in 5th grade.   
    i have a hard time believing that they would discuss summary executions and congressional oversight with a class of 10 year olds, but yeah whatever you say.
    You are right, we learned about the Powers of the Commander in Chief in 6th grade, not 5th grade in Civics class....my bad..
    oh you are so far advanced than the rest of us. our 9th grade civics class did not talk about political assassinations and the powers of the president. maybe you should be the fox news pundit discussing such matters.
    I guess I should feel fortunate that I had such a quality education at such a young age...this explains a lot of what you say on here.  Please keep it up, your posts are very enjoyable.  

And yours are just simply meant to be provoking.  Do you get paid to do this shit?  Ho hum...
    I do not get paid, but perhaps I should to assist w/ a little balance and reality around this safe space.  I’ll tell you what I did pay for, a membership to my favorite Rock n Roll bands website....
    Say, when was your last PJ  show you went too and what’s been your favorite show over the years??  
  • brianlux said:
    is ordering assassination of a foreign leader without authorization of congress another impeachable offense?
    i have a hard time believing that they would discuss summary executions and congressional oversight with a class of 10 year olds, but yeah whatever you say.
    You are right, we learned about the Powers of the Commander in Chief in 6th grade, not 5th grade in Civics class....my bad..
    oh you are so far advanced than the rest of us. our 9th grade civics class did not talk about political assassinations and the powers of the president. maybe you should be the fox news pundit discussing such matters.
    I guess I should feel fortunate that I had such a quality education at such a young age...this explains a lot of what you say on here.  Please keep it up, your posts are very enjoyable.  

And yours are just simply meant to be provoking.  Do you get paid to do this shit?  Ho hum...
    I do not get paid, but perhaps I should to assist w/ a little balance and reality around this safe space.  I’ll tell you what I did pay for, a membership to my favorite Rock n Roll bands website....
    Say, when was your last PJ  show you went too and what’s been your favorite show over the years??  
    how is this even remotely on topic?
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    how long until trump starts rounding up americans of middle eastern descent and putting them in jail?
    It seemed to play well for that racist fuck FDR. History seems to revere him despite his rounding up Americans and putting them in concentration camps due to the shape of their eyes.
    i think history reveres FDR for his domestic achievements more than anything he did during WWII. he died before WWII ended, so the new deal is what he is remembered most for.

i am not excusing him for what he did with those camps. we were attacked and he did what he felt what he had to do as disgusting as it was. 

trump's domestic legacy is terrible, and he attacked iran instead of iran attacking us. it is kind of an opposite situation in this case.
    The fact FDR felt he had to do it is exactly what I'm calling out. He was a sick fucker and gets no pass from me. I don't hold him to any different standard than I'd hold Trump to. A racist piece of shit is a racist piece of shit, even if they happen to do a couple of good things.
    i agree with you. i was speaking from historical consensus among people who have done documentaries on FDR, not my own personal opinion.

even terrible people do something right once in a while. trump signed the legislation making animal cruelty a felony. still does not excuse the other terrible shit he says and does on an hourly basis.
    It's always important to have historical perspective.  I feel like these are overstated criticisms,  using the morals of today,  not those of 80 years ago.  You can say something was clearly wrong now,  but saying FDR was a racist pos is over the top. 
    My views generally align with yours on many things, but not on this one. I don't think it is over the top in the slightest. Different standards, perhaps. But we were well past the days of slavery. This was a supposedly intelligent and enlightened leader who decided that because our enemy had a certain eye shape, Americans with the same shaped eyes should have their lives utterly destroyed - their homes and livelihoods trashed. Perhaps it is because of the area I'm from, having known a couple of families affected, etc... But it was an absolute abomination to everything we hold dear. FDR was a sick fucker and should never be revered for his unforgivable authoritarian and racist act.
    I'm curious of your view of Americans at this time period too as nobody did or said anything to prevent this from happening, people just followed orders.

They didn't just follow orders.  The fact of the matter is that vast majority of Americans were supportive of the policy. https://exhibitions.ushmm.org/americans-and-the-holocaust/main/us-public-opinion-on-japanese-internment-1942 
    And it wasn't just because their eyes were shaped differently, as Koreans and Chinese were not interred.  

I'd be curious if any of you ever discussed this policy with relatives that were adults during that time period.  I talked to my uncles about it, in the 90's.  They both served in the war and were supportive of the policy.  Again, it doesn't make it right, it makes FDR a man of his times.  
    You are correct, I used hyperbole when talking about the shapes of their eyes. But land of their ancestors doesn't quite cut it either. German-Americans (white people) weren't rounded up when our troops were fighting Nazis. Perhaps it is an east coast / west coast dichotomy, since we're Pacific Rim here and had and still have a large Asian population. Certainly white farmers didn't oppose this, since it gave them a chance to take the land stolen from the Japanese-American farmers, but there was certainly local opposition in these parts. There are interesting parallels today, with Trump's Census Bureau trying to inquire about citizenship, and FDR's Census Bureau assisting in the round-ups by supplying confidential information about Japanese-American neighborhoods. I may not change anyone's mind here, but for me FDR was as authoritarian and racist as Trump and actually acted against Americans, which Trump hasn't done yet
    Fair enough.

Gitmo then?  We are under president number 3 and it is still going strong.  This is where the term "enemy combatant" was made popular.
    And one of those three, a dem, tried to close it and even had a state and prison willing to take them. The previous dem President successfully prosecuted “enemy combatants” who are still in prison to this day. Now, which party fears the constitution?
    This wan't meant for you but since you replied, number 2 wanted to close it as a campaign promise and signed an executive order to do it but when the other members of Congress etc got in his ear he kind of just left it alone, no?

My angle is this.  Gitmo may be needed so it doesn't matter whom the president is.
  • jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

Fair enough.

This wan't meant for you but since you replied, number 2 wanted to close it as a campaign promise and signed an executive order to do it but when the other members of Congress etc got in his ear he kind of just left it alone, no?

My angle is this.  Gitmo may be needed so it doesn't matter whom the president is.
    Obama was laying the ground work to close GITMO by releasing prisoners to countries willing to take them and intending to put on trial the worst of the worse on US soil in criminal court. Repubs conjured up images of Khalid Sheik Mohammed getting Alan Dershowitz style representation and walking free and made it a campaign issue. Dems in Congress ran away from it. So much for being civilized.

What might GITMO be needed for?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

Fair enough.

Obama was laying the ground work to close GITMO by releasing prisoners to countries willing to take them and intending to put on trial the worst of the worse on US soil in criminal court. Repubs conjured up images of Khalid Sheik Mohammed getting Alan Dershowitz style representation and walking free and made it a campaign issue. Dems in Congress ran away from it. So much for being civilized.

they will say it is needed for those pesky muslim possible potential terrorists. they will not want to jail them in the states because of the whole "not in my back yard" nonsense.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    brianlux said:

Just a reminder that your "favorite Rock n Roll band" are liberal Democrats that don't support the currently elected president.  But do support a womans right to choose. LGBTQ rights. And many other "liberal socialist democrat" ideals.
    So when you pay for a membership to the PJ fanclub you are supporting "liberal socialist democrat" ideals.
  • jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

Fair enough.

they will say it is needed for those pesky muslim possible potential terrorists. they will not want to jail them in the states because of the whole "not in my back yard" nonsense.

GITMO is a colossal waste of money and prestige. What happened to all those deficit hawks?

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,170
    brianlux said:

That’s what the porch is for ! Or given to fly plenty of those threads there ..

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

Fair enough.

GITMO is a colossal waste of money and prestige. What happened to all those deficit hawks?
    they are only hawks when a democrat is president.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    "THE FIELD"
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

Under FDRs watch we lost 2400 souls while at peace.

Internment camps are wrong but how was he supposed to protect america given the Empire of Japan's aggression in Asia and against the US?
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

Internment camps are wrong but how was he supposed to protect america given the Empire of Japan's aggression in Asia and against the US?
    The entire premise of your question presupposes that Americans of Japanese heritage were a threat to our nation. The reality is that they were Americans, trying to live the American dream, growing their families, starting businesses, running farms, educating their children, serving in our country's military, etc... Why didn't he round up white people of German descent? Shouldn't they have been equally as culpable for the sins of their ancestry? Rounding up innocents based on nationality or skin color is wrong in my book. How did throwing women, children, elderly, and hard working Americans into concentration camps assist in protecting America? How did destroying businesses, taking homes, taking farms, pulling kids out of school, and segregating a hard working segment of the population assist in protecting America?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    brianlux said:

lol

'balance'
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,170
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

I’m from a simplistic frame of mind , how about if he would of just told them here in America we are all Americans no matter what racial or heritage characteristics you poses reassured them they were not the enemy...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brianlux said:

Maybe you’d like to challenge this “safe space” with some of that stellar 5th grade education you received and explain how Team Trump Treason has been great for US foreign policy, starting with how neocon ideology and Team Trump Treason’s foreign policy moves will MAGA. When you’re finished, you can explain US foreign policy as it relates to Iran and explain how Team Trump Treason’s missile strike assassination is a better foreign policy move than the six nation Iran nuclear deal. Please provide some background by providing your understanding of the Iran-Middle East political history, starting say in 1954 to present. Challenge our safe space, please? We’re a patient bunch.

Brilliantati©
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,346
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

The entire premise of your question presupposes that Americans of Japanese heritage were a threat to our nation. The reality is that they were Americans, trying to live the American dream, growing their families, starting businesses, running farms, educating their children, serving in our country's military, etc... Why didn't he round up white people of German descent? Shouldn't they have been equally as culpable for the sins of their ancestry? Rounding up innocents based on nationality or skin color is wrong in my book. How did throwing women, children, elderly, and hard working Americans into concentration camps assist in protecting America? How did destroying businesses, taking homes, taking farms, pulling kids out of school, and segregating a hard working segment of the population assist in protecting America?
    The treatment was racist,  there's no doubt.   Clearly didn't round up Germans,  Austrians,  etc.  I'm just a proponent of using the times and environment as important context when when evaluating historical figures.  I don't believe FDR was racist in an outlier way,  like a Bull Conner,  George Wallace, etc.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:

Canada also has a shameful past in this regard, with over 20,000 Japanese Canadians interned or expelled, and property seized. I completely agree with your take on this - it was an unwarranted act rooted in racism and without any positive or protective effect. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • brianlux said:

Maybe you’d like to challenge this “safe space” with some of that stellar 5th grade education you received and explain how Team Trump Treason has been great for US foreign policy, starting with how neocon ideology and Team Trump Treason’s foreign policy moves will MAGA. When you’re finished, you can explain US foreign policy as it relates to Iran and explain how Team Trump Treason’s missile strike assassination is a better foreign policy move than the six nation Iran nuclear deal. Please provide some background by providing your understanding of the Iran-Middle East political history, starting say in 1954 to present. Challenge our safe space, please? We’re a patient bunch.
    you ever see that movie Back to School? This is like one of the questions in the oral examination scene.

"i have just one question. in 37 parts."

• brianlux said:

you ever see that movie Back to School? This is like one of the questions in the oral examination scene.

Like I said, we’re a patient bunch.

Brilliantati©
  • brianlux said:

Too funny, I thought the exact same thing....
  • brianlux said:

Too funny, I thought the exact same thing....
    We can wait for as long as it takes. Open book if you’d like. C’mon, invade our safe space. Or are you scared?

Brilliantati©
  • No quid pro quo and a perfect call, sure. I know two poster who still believe it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/03/opinions/trump-ukraine-legal-bombshell-opinion-ghitis/index.html

Brilliantati©
  • brianlux said:

Like I would waste more the 5 minutes writing or reading anything on here....it sure seems like many posters must be independently wealthy or living on the government’s titty w/ all the time available some of y’all spend on here....Call me Castanza, or more like Can’t-stands-ya ...beat ya to it :)
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    brianlux said:

Like I would waste more the 5 minutes writing or reading anything on here....it sure seems like many posters must be independently wealthy or living on the government’s titty w/ all the time available some of y’all spend on here....Call me Castanza, or more like Can’t-stands-ya ...beat ya to it :)
    Then why are you here?
  • brianlux said:

Fucking lame. Somebody’s afraid of the safe space they so criticize. Fucking lame.

Brilliantati©
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832

Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines

The Ten Club Community forum is an all-ages, topical and moderated forum. We'll be talking about Pearl Jam's music, new albums and tours and all Pearl Jam and Ten Club activities. Most of all...please be kind and take care of each other and we hope you have lots of FUN!!

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

4. Please respect topic integrity by not derailing discussions from the original poster’s intent (OP). You can begin a new topic of your own in the appropriate forum. 

continued at
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines#latest
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    No quid pro quo and a perfect call, sure. I know two poster who still believe it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/03/opinions/trump-ukraine-legal-bombshell-opinion-ghitis/index.html
    This was a good article, and really highlights Trump's withholding of Ukraine military aid indefensible (although I'm sure a couple of posters here will take a weak stab at it). Clearly the Iran issue is the Trump Administration wagging the dog. As the piece closed with "What's happening in the Middle East matters, but we should not let it divert us from holding this President to account."
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • brianlux said:

I’m posting from my Obama phone whilst eating government cheese, neither of which should prevent robust, fact based discussions.

Brilliantati©
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    edited January 2020
    brianlux said:

I think it would be educational for you to spend time here. Not to change your mind per se, but to listen to other viewpoints of Americans. There is actually a wide range of liberal idealogy on here, ranging from moderate to leftist- not just a singular voice that conservatives tend to lump us into. You'd be surprised, but most posters on here welcome conservative interaction. Unfortunately, it often consists of false memes and unsubstantiated claims, not intelligent assertions. It's true you're walking into a den of people who generally dislike Trump but if you have valid arguments, I believe most here would like to hear them.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • eddiec said:
    brianlux said:

I think it would be educational for you to spend time here. Not to change your mind per se, but to listen to other viewpoints of Americans. There is actually a wide range of liberal idealogy on here, ranging from moderate to leftist- not just a singular voice that conservatives tend to lump us into. You'd be surprised, but most posters on here welcome conservative interaction. Unfortunately, it often consists of false memes and unsubstantiated claims, not intelligent assertions. It's true you're walking into a den of people who generally dislike Trump but if you have valid arguments, I believe most here would like to hear them.
    Will do, great advice.  I have been reading from a far for a few years now w/o posting anything so I have a pretty good idea how anyone who is on the Trump Treason side is treated.   It’s so wonderful how inclusive this forum is and how many feel they are the smartest in the room....