Options

Is BRADY The G.O.A.T.

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    True dat, that is certainly an ingredient that *drive* that it takes to be great. Having that separates some players from most everyone else.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    ehbacon said:

Ok let's do a hypothetical for a second then. If Aaron Rodgers is a Patriot instead of Brady, you don't think that he would get 5 rings? Do you think if Brady is on the Packers he gets a single ring?

Wins is a team stat, has no impact on this conversation. The Brady circle jerk is strong now thoughn, so even when you point out how wrong people are about it they won't accept jt.

Hypotheticals mean nothing. Again, pointing out numbers on paper is not proving anyone wrong.
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Brady is the GOAT.

Signed,

Miserable Bills Fan
  • Options
    Leadership, clutch, drive, determination, carrying the team on your back - call it what you will. Here is the list of active QB's with the most career 4th Qtr comebacks

1. Tom Brady - 39 (2nd all-time to Peyton Manning's 45)
    2. Eli Manning - 30
    3. Ben Roethlisberger - 29
    4. Drew Brees - 28
    5. Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford - 25
    8. Phillip Rivers - 22
    9. Jay Cutler, Carson Palmer - 21
    11. Joe Flacco - 19
    12. Alex Smith - 18
    13. Russell Wilson - 17
    14. Andy Dalton, Andrew Luck - 14
    16. Ryan Tannehill, Cam Newton, Derek Carr - 12
    19. Matt Schaub - 11
    20. Mark Sanchez, Aaron Rodgers - 10
    22. Colin Kaepernick, Josh Freeman, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Cassel - 9

Other QB's with 10+ are: Tim Couch, Stan Humprhies, Don Majkowski, David Garrard, Aaron Brooks, Steve Beuerlein, Marc Bulger, Trent Green, Jay Schroeder, Jon Kitna, Steve DeBerg, Kerry Collins.

I don't have updated figures but as of the 2015 season, Rodgers was 0-25 when trailing by 9+ in the 2nd half. So I ask you, trailing in the 4th by a touchdown, do you want Brady behind center or Rodgers? If your answer is still Rodgers, that's just silly.
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    ed243421 said:

He lost to Colin kaepernick twice.

Kaepernick was great then. Plus he doesn't control our defense, so saying he lost to Kaepernick is dumb
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    Kaepernick was never great. He had a few good games, that's it. Momentary flashes in the pan.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,634
    ehbacon said:

ed243421 said:

He lost to Colin kaepernick twice.

Kaepernick was great then. Plus he doesn't control our defense, so saying he lost to Kaepernick is dumb

Aaron rogers last 6 playoff losses:

2012- giants - 264 yds 2 td 1 int

2013- 49ers - 257 yds 2 td 1 int

2014- 49ers - 177 yds 1td 0 int

2015- Seattle- 178 yds 1 td 2 int

2016- cardinals- 261 yds 2 td 1 int

2017- falcons - 287 yds 3 td 1 int
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    edited February 2017

Leadership, clutch, drive, determination, carrying the team on your back - call it what you will. Here is the list of active QB's with the most career 4th Qtr comebacks

1. Tom Brady - 39 (2nd all-time to Peyton Manning's 45)
    2. Eli Manning - 30
    3. Ben Roethlisberger - 29
    4. Drew Brees - 28
    5. Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford - 25
    8. Phillip Rivers - 22
    9. Jay Cutler, Carson Palmer - 21
    11. Joe Flacco - 19
    12. Alex Smith - 18
    13. Russell Wilson - 17
    14. Andy Dalton, Andrew Luck - 14
    16. Ryan Tannehill, Cam Newton, Derek Carr - 12
    19. Matt Schaub - 11
    20. Mark Sanchez, Aaron Rodgers - 10
    22. Colin Kaepernick, Josh Freeman, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Cassel - 9

Other QB's with 10+ are: Tim Couch, Stan Humprhies, Don Majkowski, David Garrard, Aaron Brooks, Steve Beuerlein, Marc Bulger, Trent Green, Jay Schroeder, Jon Kitna, Steve DeBerg, Kerry Collins.

I don't have updated figures but as of the 2015 season, Rodgers was 0-25 when trailing by 9+ in the 2nd half. So I ask you, trailing in the 4th by a touchdown, do you want Brady behind center or Rodgers? If your answer is still Rodgers, that's just silly.

This statement has everything to do with defense. It's a lot easier to come back from 9+ in the second half of your defense doesn't give up any more points. If Brady is on the Packers, he's 0-25 too.

For example, if the Patriots are down by 9+, usually that means the offense hasn't played well (7 top 10 defenses since 2008, other two seasons they had 11th.) If the Packers are down 9+ it's usually because the defense isn't playing well (1 top 10 defense since 2008.)
    Post edited by ehbacon on
  • Options
    Hypotheticals again. There's a reason why everyone else is saying Brady and you're the only one touting Rodgers. For Pete's sake, he isn't even the greatest Green Bay QB of all time yet, let alone the history of the entire league.
  • Options

Hypotheticals again. There's a reason why everyone else is saying Brady and you're the only one touting Rodgers. For Pete's sake, he isn't even the greatest Green Bay QB of all time yet, let alone the history of the entire league.

The reason is because you just saw the greatest come back in super bowl history.

The difference between the super bowl and our championship is that Brady's defense only gave up 21 points, while ours gave up 44 points. Nobody on Brady's offense did anything to cost the Patriots points accept Brady himself as well. Our defense gave up 44 points, and our full back and kicker cost our offense 10 points on top of it. In that game, Rodgers played well enough to put us at 24-10 at the half. Brady's defense only gave up 7 2nd half points, ours gave up 20.

If the Packers defense played exactly how the Patriots defense did, the Packers go into OT at 21-21. If our offense doesn't cost us 10 points, we win 31-21. The thing that makes Brady better is his defense, and it doesn't hurt that the rest of his offense is great too.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    Tom Brady in the Super Bowl, 7 Games (5-2)

207/309
    2071 yards
    15 TDs
    5 INTs

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    when Brady runs it reminds me of forrest gump with his leg braces still on. it's uncomfortable to watch.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

ehbacon said:

Ok let's do a hypothetical for a second then. If Aaron Rodgers is a Patriot instead of Brady, you don't think that he would get 5 rings? Do you think if Brady is on the Packers he gets a single ring?

Wins is a team stat, has no impact on this conversation. The Brady circle jerk is strong now thoughn, so even when you point out how wrong people are about it they won't accept jt.

Hypotheticals mean nothing. Again, pointing out numbers on paper is not proving anyone wrong.
    I think they mean everything. Football is such an incomprable team sport. Most team sports, all or most players have virtually the same role. Being a QB is so radically different than any other position. You depend on so much at once: your own ability, your front line, your receivers, your play calling. It absolutely can be debated whereas, someone like Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky simply cannot be. You put either of those guys on a terrible team, they still do well. you put a great QB on a terrible team, they do terribly. so it makes sense to ask the question if replacing the guy with someone else makes the team better or worse. It's obviously all subjective, but the discussion still needs to be included.

You put any of the elite QB's on the Pats and it can be argued. Absolutely.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

ehbacon said:

I think they mean everything. Football is such an incomprable team sport. Most team sports, all or most players have virtually the same role. Being a QB is so radically different than any other position. You depend on so much at once: your own ability, your front line, your receivers, your play calling. It absolutely can be debated whereas, someone like Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky simply cannot be. You put either of those guys on a terrible team, they still do well. you put a great QB on a terrible team, they do terribly. so it makes sense to ask the question if replacing the guy with someone else makes the team better or worse. It's obviously all subjective, but the discussion still needs to be included.

nice, a reasonable person!
  • Options

ehbacon said:

I think they mean something, but not everything. As you said, it is all subjective.

I said early on in this thread that the question of G.O.A.T. remains a fun debate. Hypotheticals are part of the reason why.

• Options
    ehbacon said:

The reason is because you just saw the greatest come back in super bowl history.

The difference between the super bowl and our championship is that Brady's defense only gave up 21 points, while ours gave up 44 points. Nobody on Brady's offense did anything to cost the Patriots points accept Brady himself as well. Our defense gave up 44 points, and our full back and kicker cost our offense 10 points on top of it. In that game, Rodgers played well enough to put us at 24-10 at the half. Brady's defense only gave up 7 2nd half points, ours gave up 20.

If the Packers defense played exactly how the Patriots defense did, the Packers go into OT at 21-21. If our offense doesn't cost us 10 points, we win 31-21. The thing that makes Brady better is his defense, and it doesn't hurt that the rest of his offense is great too.
    And why does your defense give up 44 points? Because Rodgers couldn't keep the offense on the field.
  • Options

ehbacon said:

And why does your defense give up 44 points? Because Rodgers couldn't keep the offense on the field.
    He did enough to score 31 points in that game, which is more than Brady scored in regulation in the super bowl. It's not his fault that his full back fumbled at the 2 yard line or that his kicker missed a routine field goal.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Didn't the Pats go 4-1 without Brady this season? Hmmm.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Didn't the Pats go 4-1 without Brady this season? Hmmm.

3-1 but that is very telling.

In 2013 Rodgers missed 7 games, during which the team went 2-4-1. They ended up winning the division that year.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    The greatest players usually make the players around them better. Brady has done that his entire career.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• Options
    JimmyV said:

The greatest players usually make the players around them better. Brady has done that his entire career.

Oh my god that is the lamest argument I've ever heard.
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

JimmyV said:

It's not an argument. Just a statement. If it gets in the way of your weird Aaron Rodgers trolling, so be it.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    JimmyV said:

ehbacon said:

JimmyV said:

It's not an argument. Just a statement. If it gets in the way of your weird Aaron Rodgers trolling, so be it.
    It's not trolling, it's my very valid opinion based on stats, knowledge, and observation.
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

JimmyV said:

ehbacon said:

JimmyV said:

It's not trolling, it's my very valid opinion based on stats, knowledge, and observation.
    Nah. If you were pushing Manning or Montana, sure. You're not. You are pushing a guy whose career is not even 2/3 over. He might be the greatest ever...someday. There is no case to be made he is the greatest ever today. It's a thread that has nothing to do with Rodgers and a discussion Rodgers currently has no place in.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

ehbacon said:

JimmyV said:

ehbacon said:

JimmyV said:

Nah. If you were pushing Manning or Montana, sure. You're not. You are pushing a guy whose career is not even 2/3 over. He might be the greatest ever...someday. There is no case to be made he is the greatest ever today. It's a thread that has nothing to do with Rodgers and a discussion Rodgers currently has no place in.
    I'm not saying Rodgers is the GOAT, I'm saying that Brady can't be the GOAT if there has been someone better than him for 9 seasons.
  • Options
    Dude, you claimed Rodgers was the GOAT on page 1.
    ehbacon said:

Rodgers is the GOAT.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    JimmyV said:

ehbacon said:

Rodgers is the GOAT.

OK you caught me I think he is the GOAT. I forgot I posted that and thought I could act agreeable on something, but I think he is the GOAT and it isn't even close.
  • Options
    Rodgers won't have the career tom Brady has had. Nobody cares about stats. Ask Marino. Playoff and championship wins are what matter. Who gives a fuck about QB rating or ability to scramble or Hail Marys? What matters is that your QB gets the job done when it counts the most. And time after time, tom has done that. No one other than you thinks Aaron Rodgers is the goat and revolutionized the game.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

JimmyV said:

ehbacon said:

Rodgers is the GOAT.

OK you caught me I think he is the GOAT. I forgot I posted that and thought I could act agreeable on something, but I think he is the GOAT and it isn't even close.
    Cool. I have no problem with Rodgers. He's fun to watch. Like I said, maybe someday there will be a case to be made he is the GOAT. We shall see.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    and I thought the Cubs' threads were annoying.....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16