Options

Springsteen at Australia Concert: 'We Stand Before You Embarrassed Americans'

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,113
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Eddie Vedder and his wife went to see Bruce on Broadway last Saturday  (11/10)
    Also took his mom last April.
    Sweet! Who cares? Eddie has already proven to like some bad music in the past. 
    Except in this case, when he proves that he knows the greatest lyricist in modern music history (along with Dylan).  
    Oh, how exciting. You didn’t say he went with Paul McCartney!!!
    Paul's up there, but for those of us that love the US, we can identify with the Americana themes in his music.  Maybe you don't love America, but that's cool. 
    I hate Bruce’s America. It’s boring as hell
    So who's America do you like?
    You know I wasn’t just talking about his music right? So are you asking me whose music I like?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Except in this case, when he proves that he knows the greatest lyricist in modern music history (along with Dylan).  
    Paul's up there, but for those of us that love the US, we can identify with the Americana themes in his music.  Maybe you don't love America, but that's cool. 
    You know I wasn’t just talking about his music right? So are you asking me whose music I like?
    I hope everyone knows me and Cincy were just joking... at least I was.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I hope everyone knows me and Cincy were just joking... at least I was.  
    Yup, mostly joking :)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    What musicians depiction of America do you like. If I interpret you correctly about hating Bruce's America.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    What musicians depiction of America do you like. If I interpret you correctly about hating Bruce's America.
    No your aren’t interpreting me correctly. I don’t like Bruce’s music. And mrussel1 was having some fun with my opinion and claiming it’s unamerican. So I joked back :)

I meant I don’t like an america with Bruce’s music. Not because of his lyrics etc but because I don’t like his music.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    No your aren’t interpreting me correctly. I don’t like Bruce’s music. And mrussel1 was having some fun with my opinion and claiming it’s unamerican. So I joked back :)

I meant I don’t like an america with Bruce’s music. Not because of his lyrics etc but because I don’t like his music.
    Haha, okey. 

I saw it as you not liking Bruce's portrayl of America in his lyrics and instead favour N.W.A's or something. hehe.

ok ok
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Haha, okey. 

I saw it as you not liking Bruce's portrayl of America in his lyrics and instead favour N.W.A's or something. hehe.

ok ok
    NWA was spot on, particularly for that moment in time.  As was/is Bruce's.. 
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Haha, okey. 

ok ok
    NWA was spot on, particularly for that moment in time.  As was/is Bruce's.. 
    The best songwriters put down lyrics about what they know and  their experience. It's what separates the great ones from the rest. 
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I loved reading this thread! Buck, you rock- fuck Bruce, his music is a dumpster fire and no one cares what he says.

And by the way you shoot like me, you put too much finger on the trigger.  Lay off a bit and exhale before each shot.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    I loved reading this thread! Buck, you rock- fuck Bruce, his music is a dumpster fire and no one cares what he says.

And by the way you shoot like me, you put too much finger on the trigger.  Lay off a bit and exhale before each shot.
    Expect that his last tour in 14 was the highest grossing tour in the world that year... but sure no one cares.  
  • Options
    typo.. 16
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Expect that his last tour in 14 was the highest grossing tour in the world that year... but sure no one cares.  
    Only thing I expect is for him to keep making boring music for old people 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Yah he's a far far cry from Hank Williams Jr hey?

Great to hear you give Bucktooth some shootin' shit lessons! Yee Haw!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Says the Pearl Jam fan... ironic. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Pew pew pew!!!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    mrussel1 said:

Who is the better shot: buck or roles? I could see Mrussel rocking the ancient flintlock at a range and picking off a fly at 300 yards lol. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don’t think Bruce and pj are similar types of music at all
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Who is the better shot: buck or roles? I could see Mrussel rocking the ancient flintlock at a range and picking off a fly at 300 yards lol. 
    I'm a decent shot, but not like that.  I'd use my 30-30 marlin.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I need a lever action!  They hold 7 or 8 shots?  I only fired a lever action once and it was bad ass.  The John Wayne in me definitely appeared lol

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I need a lever action!  They hold 7 or 8 shots?  I only fired a lever action once and it was bad ass.  The John Wayne came out on me lol. 

only six.  Mine was manufactured in the 70's I believe.  Maybe they hold more now, but mine is six I believe.  
  • Options
    And yes, lever action is great.  A .30-30 is really a great hunting rifle, although I abhor hunting to be honest.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    And yes, lever action is great.  A .30-30 is really a great hunting rifle, although I abhor hunting to be honest.  
    I think a Winchester or marlin .30-30 is my next rifle. Such a sweet gun. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I need a lever action!  They hold 7 or 8 shots?  I only fired a lever action once and it was bad ass.  The John Wayne in me definitely appeared lol

I have a Henry 45lc lever action golden boy- love it.  Actually have t been to the range in prob a year though, I tend to only go these days when a friend visits from NY or Boston and wants to shoot.  It’s a super fun gun though, makes you feel like Jon Wayne 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I have a Henry 45lc lever action golden boy- love it.  Actually have t been to the range in prob a year though, I tend to only go these days when a friend visits from NY or Boston and wants to shoot.  It’s a super fun gun though, makes you feel like Jon Wayne 

Pew pew pew!!!

(teeny little mushroom stirs and rises to its full 3 inches)
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's made by middle aged guys for middle aged guys.  Don't kid yourself.  
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's made by middle aged guys for middle aged guys.  Don't kid yourself.  
    And a common criticism of PJ is that the music is sort of boring...like Bud Light or something.  And face it...fans from day 1 are no longer young.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Hahahaha I agree
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited November 2018
    Bruce, the man refuses to get old.  Gotta like that.
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
     his music is a dumpster fire and no one cares what he says.
    Didn't the police union ban its members going to his shows (or something) after American Skin (41 shots). Seems people care.

Sounds like your basing your perception on your own political opinions or whatever.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I think a Winchester or marlin .30-30 is my next rifle. Such a sweet gun. 
    Focus on Metroid Prime 4 releasing on the Switch next year instead.