• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:

Once Trump and his merry band of idiots go down, everyone realizes that Pence takes over and that is when the GOP really starts steamrolling, right? Pence can be controlled. I imagine Ryan is banking on this scenario.

Pence is not a good option. He's the real objective of all of this. Republicans know that he would not campaign effectively and thus be elected. Trump they know is a moron, but was the vessel required to win the election. It might be best just to keep Trump around all 4 years and oust him in the next election.
    Now you're talking sense, my friend, in regards to your last line there.

The fact that it's a toss up between Trump's absolute incompetence and Pence's complete lack of humanity shows what a real boondoggle we are in here.
    initially, right after the election, i though Pence would be a good compromise. My way of telling myself that 'see, vaggar99 doesn't hate all Republicans'. At that time I was somewhat unaware of Trump's complete inability to be an employee of anyone but himself. Now with the odds looking 50/50 that Trump is gone sooner than later, I am actually having to accept that I might get my wish.

I am gonna out on the crazy, but I think Dems are justified in asking for a new election if indeed the Russian involvement runs as deep as it was spelled out in the Steele dossier. It's not acceptable for Republicans to steal elections.
    I don't know that the country would be able to survive that type of scenario. Any confirmation of that coming to light will be much worse for this country than anything Trump can and will do himself. Unless Trump outright admitted complicity, our country would be thrown in to chaos at all levels. There would be civil unrest. Who would step forward to unify everyone that actually could appeal to both sides?
    The question for the ages. I'm not sure such a person exists in today's heated political climate...
    I do think that person exists. That person however, is not a Democrat or a republican. He/she will show up sometime in the next year or so
    There have been plenty of failed runs by centrists. The problem are the "wingers" of either side. Even if there were not democrats or republicans, there will still be liberals and conservatives. Maybe some alien overloard? With the new technological advancements in AI, maybe it will be John Connor?
    the problem is, the closer you are to one side or the other, the more passion you seem to have for your cause. it's the middle 200 million that need to be energized, but how do you engage people that are wishy washy to begin with?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

dignin said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:

Once Trump and his merry band of idiots go down, everyone realizes that Pence takes over and that is when the GOP really starts steamrolling, right? Pence can be controlled. I imagine Ryan is banking on this scenario.

Pence is not a good option. He's the real objective of all of this. Republicans know that he would not campaign effectively and thus be elected. Trump they know is a moron, but was the vessel required to win the election. It might be best just to keep Trump around all 4 years and oust him in the next election.

The fact that it's a toss up between Trump's absolute incompetence and Pence's complete lack of humanity shows what a real boondoggle we are in here.
    initially, right after the election, i though Pence would be a good compromise. My way of telling myself that 'see, vaggar99 doesn't hate all Republicans'. At that time I was somewhat unaware of Trump's complete inability to be an employee of anyone but himself. Now with the odds looking 50/50 that Trump is gone sooner than later, I am actually having to accept that I might get my wish.

I am gonna out on the crazy, but I think Dems are justified in asking for a new election if indeed the Russian involvement runs as deep as it was spelled out in the Steele dossier. It's not acceptable for Republicans to steal elections.
    I don't know that the country would be able to survive that type of scenario. Any confirmation of that coming to light will be much worse for this country than anything Trump can and will do himself. Unless Trump outright admitted complicity, our country would be thrown in to chaos at all levels. There would be civil unrest. Who would step forward to unify everyone that actually could appeal to both sides?
    The question for the ages. I'm not sure such a person exists in today's heated political climate...
    Agreed. And at this point, I don't want Clinton in there so the whole do-over thing would not work. She needs to stop commenting on things and remain quiet. Her time is over and her opinions do not matter. Extreme vetting of all successors if the president is taken down is the only solution to ensure integrity of the appointee. Again, this is if Trump or Pence (highly unlikely) both are implicated and proven to be involved with the Russia election debacle.
    I agree that she should be done, but saying "her opinions do not matter" is a bit harsh. how does her opinion not matter but ours do?
    She needs to come out on the record and say she is not going to run again.

Then I think her words would have more weight.
    I'm not sure why I think this, as it is based on no knowledge at all, but I have this feeling she is going to try again. I sincerely hope she doesn't, as then we'll end up with President Duke or something.
    For the good of the planet she needs to officially throw in the towel already. I think she still has a place and voice...kinda like Gore does. Take on a positive roll.

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,319
    dignin said:

dignin said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:

Agreed. And at this point, I don't want Clinton in there so the whole do-over thing would not work. She needs to stop commenting on things and remain quiet. Her time is over and her opinions do not matter. Extreme vetting of all successors if the president is taken down is the only solution to ensure integrity of the appointee. Again, this is if Trump or Pence (highly unlikely) both are implicated and proven to be involved with the Russia election debacle.
    I agree that she should be done, but saying "her opinions do not matter" is a bit harsh. how does her opinion not matter but ours do?
    She needs to come out on the record and say she is not going to run again.

Then I think her words would have more weight.
    I'm not sure why I think this, as it is based on no knowledge at all, but I have this feeling she is going to try again. I sincerely hope she doesn't, as then we'll end up with President Duke or something.
    For the good of the planet she needs to officially throw in the towel already. I think she still has a place and voice...kinda like Gore does. Take on a positive roll.

Yep. She needs to dial back criticism though because it comes off as petty considering she lost the election. Positive contributions and support are where she should focus her attention.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:

Why is Clinton's opinion any less important than anyone elses? Do you think her political career is over?
    tbergs said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:

They don't matter to the 60 million who didn't vote for her and she was a divisive candidate as well. I voted for her, but I cringe whenever she makes a comment because she is not helping democrats and is definitely not going to appeal to any conservative no matter what she says.
    As opposed to the 63 million that did vote for her?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:

Why is Clinton's opinion any less important than anyone elses? Do you think her political career is over?
    tbergs said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:

They don't matter to the 60 million who didn't vote for her and she was a divisive candidate as well. I voted for her, but I cringe whenever she makes a comment because she is not helping democrats and is definitely not going to appeal to any conservative no matter what she says.
    Yes, her political career should be over. I don't want to derail this thread, but my point was that those 60 million people were willing to choose Donald Trump over her. That's telling and troubling and indicative of how little support and approval she would have. Like I said, I voted for her and would have much preferred her, but we can't turn back the clock here. Forward thinking. She needs to be doing the same.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    tbergs said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:

tbergs said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:

Yes, her political career should be over. I don't want to derail this thread, but my point was that those 60 million people were willing to choose Donald Trump over her. That's telling and troubling and indicative of how little support and approval she would have. Like I said, I voted for her and would have much preferred her, but we can't turn back the clock here. Forward thinking. She needs to be doing the same.
    That doesn't make any sense....she got more votes. I guess using your logic Trump shouldn't run again?

I can't imagine any situation where she would run again. This is just fake news.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:

I do think that person exists. That person however, is not a Democrat or a republican. He/she will show up sometime in the next year or so
    There have been plenty of failed runs by centrists. The problem are the "wingers" of either side. Even if there were not democrats or republicans, there will still be liberals and conservatives. Maybe some alien overloard? With the new technological advancements in AI, maybe it will be John Connor?
    the problem is, the closer you are to one side or the other, the more passion you seem to have for your cause. it's the middle 200 million that need to be energized, but how do you engage people that are wishy washy to begin with?
    Maybe you have someone like Trump win the presidency and scare the shit out of everyone into realizing that they should probably get out and vote if they do not want someone like him in office again? Lol
  • Options

tbergs said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:

tbergs said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:

That doesn't make any sense....she got more votes. I guess using your logic Trump shouldn't run again?

I can't imagine any situation where she would run again. This is just fake news.
    If only he wouldn't run again. We had an election where people used the vote for one party as a vote against the other party at what seems like an unprecedented rate.
  • Options

tbergs said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:

tbergs said:

tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:

she now has two failed white house bids. time to hang it up.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:

Maybe you have someone like Trump win the presidency and scare the shit out of everyone into realizing that they should probably get out and vote if they do not want someone like him in office again? Lol
    that's what I'm hoping will happen, but I don't know. I never thought Trump had a chance in hell to win, and he did, so it kind of turns everything I think I know upside down. As I also see a rise in racist rhetoric and people approving of this travel ban, which I would have hoped wouldn't happen.

Also, I see all these protests and stuff, but how many are those are ones who cast no vote in this last election? My guess would be slim and none.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    What a shitshow.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    A glaring omission on the Sessions confirmation delay is that they waited and changed his date so he could be there for the vote on DeVos. Without Sessions, she isn't confirmed. Good old Breitbart. Bannon is running interference to see how this story plays and if Priebus can be forced out.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

I'm at least happy that the Hitler comparisons will finally end.

not following your logic. the comparisons shall continue

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/adolf-hitler-donald-trump-mein-kampf-bluffed-way-to-power-nazi-leader-germany-fuhrer-us-president-a7568506.html
    Hitler's people didn't resign. We're either on the way to authoritarianism or we are not? The system seems to still be working.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:

i don't see it happening. i don't think we have Constitutional or legal provisions for this scenario. I'm merely suggesting that it is the right thing to do.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    I agree and hope Clinton just goes away enough already plus there is so much more that needs to come to the surface on this administration , let's keep the focus on Bafoon drain the swamp has to start with him !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

I think optimism is speaking in this thread recently.

I'm not so sure Trump has one foot out the door, folks.

I hope he stays all 4 years because he is obviously a disaster and this is the best thing to ever happen to the progressive movement in North America...

The best part of this fiasco is that it is destroying their credibility and agenda...

But honestly... I want this orange bully to be proven to be a traitor in bed with the Russians and do the perp walk out of the White House.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

I hope he stays all 4 years because he is obviously a disaster and this is the best thing to ever happen to the progressive movement in North America...

The best part of this fiasco is that it is destroying their credibility and agenda...

But honestly... I want this orange bully to be proven to be a traitor in bed with the Russians and do the perp walk out of the White House.
    it's all fun and games until a nuke goes off
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Hillary is going to keep her options open for 2020... no doubt about it... especially considering she just won the popular vote by 3 million and would still be younger than Trump is now
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Hillary is going to keep her options open for 2020... no doubt about it... especially considering she just won the popular vote by 3 million and would still be younger than Trump is now

I thought they were only like a year and a half apart in age.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

• Options
    The real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington? Will these leaks be happening as I deal on N.Korea etc?
  • Options

The real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington? Will these leaks be happening as I deal on N.Korea etc?

can't wait.
  • Options
    dignin said:

Trump and republicans want to go after White House leakers, because that's where the problems obviously stem from.

But thankfully it looks like that "lamestream" media isn't buying it. There is blood in the water.

On top of Flynn's idiocy the leaking is clearly a problem though. A lot of people on here are all of the sudden loving that the CIA is listening in on phone conversations and then sharing their findings with the press. I am not clear whether the resignation would have come without the leaking to the press...hard to know how Pence could tolerate Flynn's continued presence...but this cannot be the standard of practice.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811

That's not the real story. The insiders have always leaked to the press. Have you never heard of Deep Throat? This is how we keep tabs on our elected leaders. God bless the whistle blowers.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

it's all fun and games until a nuke goes off
    I'm of the same thinking. I want his 4 years of nonsense to destroy the republican far right, but at the same time, how much damage is he going to do if he's in office that long.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

That's not the real story. The insiders have always leaked to the press. Have you never heard of Deep Throat? This is how we keep tabs on our elected leaders. God bless the whistle blowers.
    That was his latest tweet.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

A whistleblower courageously comes forward to the public. It puts a face to the accusation which is far more powerful compared to unsubstantiated leaks. It doesn't mean the leaks are not accurate but this is not the same.
  • Options

my2hands said:

You're right... should have fact checked instead of spreading alternative facts lol

She will be 73 on 2020 election day...

I think she keeps all options open. That is not an endorsement by the way lol
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

A whistleblower courageously comes forward to the public. It puts a face to the accusation which is far more powerful compared to unsubstantiated leaks. It doesn't mean the leaks are not accurate but this is not the same.
    No... negative. These are confidential sources. They need to stay right where they are. If they weren't true, do you really think the WH would not have pushed back on it? There are transcripts that will soon be released to Congress. The WH knew that intelligence had this information. They've known it for a month. They didn't act until it was made public by the WashPo yesterday. Please try to defend these actions.
This discussion has been closed.