Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

The real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington? Will these leaks be happening as I deal on N.Korea etc?

That's not the real story. The insiders have always leaked to the press. Have you never heard of Deep Throat? This is how we keep tabs on our elected leaders. God bless the whistle blowers.
    A whistleblower courageously comes forward to the public. It puts a face to the accusation which is far more powerful compared to unsubstantiated leaks. It doesn't mean the leaks are not accurate but this is not the same.
    so you want to see them found in a dumpster with a bullet hole in the back of their head?
    Sort of like Vince Foster?
    I was waiting for that response from someone. Where's Russell Crowe when you need him?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

The real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington? Will these leaks be happening as I deal on N.Korea etc?

That's not the real story. The insiders have always leaked to the press. Have you never heard of Deep Throat? This is how we keep tabs on our elected leaders. God bless the whistle blowers.
    A whistleblower courageously comes forward to the public. It puts a face to the accusation which is far more powerful compared to unsubstantiated leaks. It doesn't mean the leaks are not accurate but this is not the same.
    so you want to see them found in a dumpster with a bullet hole in the back of their head?

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Now we're digging deep into the kooky equivalencies and it's not even noon.
    Why kooky? Maybe, I didn't track the entire conversation, so what I thought I was responding to was instead of allowing whistleblowers (which I am personally fine with), would you (sarcastically) prefer the were shot?

So, I (sarcastically) threw out a perfect analogy.

Now, if I misread that particular exchange, or the reference bothered you, then good. That was my intention.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

Hillary is going to keep her options open for 2020... no doubt about it... especially considering she just won the popular vote by 3 million and would still be younger than Trump is now

Well, her running would be a solid reason for me to continue not voting democrat..."Still not with her"
    Yeah because the GOP seems to have a good handle on everything...
    Regardless, I will never vote for Hillary. I'll throw my vote third party well before. Actually, no, I will vote against her in the most effective way possible...which is a sucky situation right now.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,771

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Why kooky? Maybe, I didn't track the entire conversation, so what I thought I was responding to was instead of allowing whistleblowers (which I am personally fine with), would you (sarcastically) prefer the were shot?

Now, if I misread that particular exchange, or the reference bothered you, then good. That was my intention.
    Are you vying to be the new troll? We have plenty on both sides already. We could use some real conversation instead.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,040
    sean spicer just now: "yesterday the president had an incredibly productive set of meetings and discussions with PM Joe Trudeau of Canada".

JOE.

his name is Justin you stupid fuck! LOL. he is the worst PS ever.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Are you vying to be the new troll? We have plenty on both sides already. We could use some real conversation instead.
    Love the troll reference. It's a fucking message board. You guys are achieving nothing. Don't take yourself so seriously. Enjoy the banter and don't think everyone is one way or the other.

Real conversation. Ha, ha, ha. Sarcasm and poking fun at the topic has no place in our extremely important, ultra productive on-line dialog, so I'll call you an internet name. Too funny.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2017

my2hands said:

8 years these clowns have been SCREAMING about Obamacare.. now that they have the power, they have squat. no ideas. no replacement. nothing.

nothing but a bunch of clowns

I have no idea how an actual conservative can support the bafoon, but I guess people just like to cheer for their team no matter what

Brainwashed?

First, it's not 8 years, but go on. Second, they timed the roll out of critical parts until the last couple years with full impacts coming right about....NOW. So, the fact is, the prudent thing is to let the stuff hit the fan. The time to repeal was 3-4 years ago before you have to UNdo something. So, it's really a bit disingenuous how you are trying to frame this. Now the issue is, you have to UNdo a massive entitlement program to put any legit ideas in place. That's not so easy to do.

So, saying they have no ideas - false. I like the band aid method - just rip it off and go forward. But, even I know that's not the politically savvy way to deal with the boondoggle.
    that sounds like the GOP healthcare plan...

nothing
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

Hillary is going to keep her options open for 2020... no doubt about it... especially considering she just won the popular vote by 3 million and would still be younger than Trump is now

Well, her running would be a solid reason for me to continue not voting democrat..."Still not with her"
    Regardless, I will never vote for Hillary. I'll throw my vote third party well before. Actually, no, I will vote against her in the most effective way possible...which is a sucky situation right now.
    why will you "never vote for Hillary"?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

why will you "never vote for Hillary"?
    EMAILS!!! BENGHAZI!!! HILLARYCARE!!! EMAILS!!! Y CHROMOSOME!!!
  • Options
    GOP Senators John Cornyn and Roy Blunt are calling for and investigation into Trump's ties with Russia and wants Flynn to testify.

is there an emoji with a plane going down in flames?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

sean spicer just now: "yesterday the president had an incredibly productive set of meetings and discussions with PM Joe Trudeau of Canada".

JOE.

his name is Justin you stupid fuck! LOL. he is the worst PS ever.

amazing lol

I know who to call when I need someone to play a Nazi in a move... my boy Spicey

I also know who to call to play a spy for the Russians... president bafoon
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

I think optimism is speaking in this thread recently.

I'm not so sure Trump has one foot out the door, folks.

I hope he stays all 4 years because he is obviously a disaster and this is the best thing to ever happen to the progressive movement in North America...

The best part of this fiasco is that it is destroying their credibility and agenda...

But honestly... I want this orange bully to be proven to be a traitor in bed with the Russians and do the perp walk out of the White House.
    it's all fun and games until a nuke goes off
    I'm of the same thinking. I want his 4 years of nonsense to destroy the republican far right, but at the same time, how much damage is he going to do if he's in office that long.
    People thought his candidacy alone would destroy the republican party and yet they are more republicans in government then ever. The Flynn resignation certainly doesn't look good but there is no evidence that Trump is doing "damage". The policies he has put in place are still in line with what his voters wanted and I don't see that changing regardless how messy it appears. His campaign was messy...he had three different campaign managers until he found success. People will be hired and fired based on results and it's quite possible the removal of Flynn will be a blessing in disguise as there has always been tension between him and the intelligence agencies. Nothing that has happened so far has made the electoral terrain any better for the Dems in 2018. The question is when/if the messiness becomes electorally significant?
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

I hope he stays all 4 years because he is obviously a disaster and this is the best thing to ever happen to the progressive movement in North America...

The best part of this fiasco is that it is destroying their credibility and agenda...

But honestly... I want this orange bully to be proven to be a traitor in bed with the Russians and do the perp walk out of the White House.
    I'm of the same thinking. I want his 4 years of nonsense to destroy the republican far right, but at the same time, how much damage is he going to do if he's in office that long.
    People thought his candidacy alone would destroy the republican party and yet they are more republicans in government then ever. The Flynn resignation certainly doesn't look good but there is no evidence that Trump is doing "damage". The policies he has put in place are still in line with what his voters wanted and I don't see that changing regardless how messy it appears. His campaign was messy...he had three different campaign managers until he found success. People will be hired and fired based on results and it's quite possible the removal of Flynn will be a blessing in disguise as there has always been tension between him and the intelligence agencies. Nothing that has happened so far has made the electoral terrain any better for the Dems in 2018. The question is when/if the messiness becomes electorally significant?
    Can you tell me the policies that he put in place that are in effect today? I literally can think of zero. All of those EO's he signed were a bunch of marketing fluff.
    It certainly isn't much so far but it is a sense of direction. Pipeline approvals aren't fluff. Removal of burdensome regulations is not fluff. A conservative supreme court judge is certainly not fluff. Add to that a direction of a better business environment through improving the tax code, eliminating Obamacare, continued removal of regulation. Add to that a focus on school choice. Add to the enforcing the rule of law. Add to that a harder stance in the war on terror and a tougher stance on Iran. These things are happening and will continue to happen with time.
    He didn't do any of the things (outside nominating a SCOTUS). Did you read the Dodd Frank related EO? No substance. Read the first paragraph here:

While not unimportant, the order is largely aspirational as it sets out a broad outline for the reforms the Trump administration will seek in financial regulation. However, the order, in and of itself, does not affect any regulatory changes.

The order does, however, include a directive to the secretary of the Treasury, but that directive — produce a report — will not produce any meaningful changes either.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/finance/318298-trumps-dodd-frank-eo-is-more-bark-than-bite

Has he changed the tax code (don't answer that because you well know that he cannot do that). Has he repealed Obamacare? He also has no power to do that. Rule of law? You mean the EO last week about that? Go ahead and read them and tell me what it actually does.
    You are aware that I said "sense of a direction"? I know that he hasn't done these things but this is where policy seems to be moving. Like I said he will be judged on results.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Love the troll reference. It's a fucking message board. You guys are achieving nothing. Don't take yourself so seriously. Enjoy the banter and don't think everyone is one way or the other.

Real conversation. Ha, ha, ha. Sarcasm and poking fun at the topic has no place in our extremely important, ultra productive on-line dialog, so I'll call you an internet name. Too funny.
    Intentionally antagonizing is behavior trait #1 of a troll. Does any message board or comment space really matter? No of course not. But that doesn't mean only trolls exist in the White House Situation Room.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

lol we're not even 2months into his presidency and your already claiming nothing will come of the mess that's hounding him !
    no, he's not. he's saying no one knows yet, which is true.
    lol like I said there is no way president Bafoon did not know all this way back before election , you might not believe it but I bet a lot of the established people in the know totally know how deep this Bafoon is in it !!
    Adam Schiff (ranking Dem on House Intelligence committee) told other Dems today that plenty more will be coming out in the next few days. Should be interesting. Saw the official name of this crisis too.. "Flynnghazi".
    Why would anyone want to remind everybody about another NSA lying?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

lol we're not even 2months into his presidency and your already claiming nothing will come of the mess that's hounding him !
    lol like I said there is no way president Bafoon did not know all this way back before election , you might not believe it but I bet a lot of the established people in the know totally know how deep this Bafoon is in it !!
    Adam Schiff (ranking Dem on House Intelligence committee) told other Dems today that plenty more will be coming out in the next few days. Should be interesting. Saw the official name of this crisis too.. "Flynnghazi".
    Que? I don't understand.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

Can you tell me the policies that he put in place that are in effect today? I literally can think of zero. All of those EO's he signed were a bunch of marketing fluff.
    It certainly isn't much so far but it is a sense of direction. Pipeline approvals aren't fluff. Removal of burdensome regulations is not fluff. A conservative supreme court judge is certainly not fluff. Add to that a direction of a better business environment through improving the tax code, eliminating Obamacare, continued removal of regulation. Add to that a focus on school choice. Add to the enforcing the rule of law. Add to that a harder stance in the war on terror and a tougher stance on Iran. These things are happening and will continue to happen with time.
    He didn't do any of the things (outside nominating a SCOTUS). Did you read the Dodd Frank related EO? No substance. Read the first paragraph here:

While not unimportant, the order is largely aspirational as it sets out a broad outline for the reforms the Trump administration will seek in financial regulation. However, the order, in and of itself, does not affect any regulatory changes.

The order does, however, include a directive to the secretary of the Treasury, but that directive — produce a report — will not produce any meaningful changes either.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/finance/318298-trumps-dodd-frank-eo-is-more-bark-than-bite

Has he changed the tax code (don't answer that because you well know that he cannot do that). Has he repealed Obamacare? He also has no power to do that. Rule of law? You mean the EO last week about that? Go ahead and read them and tell me what it actually does.
    You are aware that I said "sense of a direction"? I know that he hasn't done these things but this is where policy seems to be moving. Like I said he will be judged on results.
    his results suck ass so far

just ask the National Security Advisor

Trump has now had 3 people step down from his team because of shady dealings with Russia...
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

I was reacting to this line "The policies he has put in place are still in line with what his voters wanted and I don't see that changing regardless how messy it appears." I can't find any of those policies. I find statements.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

Que? I don't understand.
    Well Flynnghazi comes from Benghazi which is what I think you find so cool. Don't forget that scandal begins with Susan Rice's appearance on all Sunday shows with a lie about the video.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/susan-rice-no-regrets-on-benghazi-description/

I guess the only difference is that she lied with the Obama administration's knowledge while Flynn lied without it.
    At this point what difference does it make?
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,725

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Not a troll, a status quo joe. Some people are trying to digest trump with false analogies about being the same as Clinton, Obama, etc. I know you've been away for awhile, but your kind is welcome here, too.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

Que? I don't understand.
    Well Flynnghazi comes from Benghazi which is what I think you find so cool. Don't forget that scandal begins with Susan Rice's appearance on all Sunday shows with a lie about the video.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/susan-rice-no-regrets-on-benghazi-description/

I guess the only difference is that she lied with the Obama administration's knowledge while Flynn lied without it.
    At this point what difference does it make?
    That was a fluid situation occurring in a different country. Rice was acting as spokesperson. Flynn lied about a conversation that he took part in personally. It's a little different. And I wasn't referring to Rice at all.. it's just more relevant today than Flynngate. Pretty soon we will have a straight up Russia-gate with Trump in the center.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124

GOP Senators John Cornyn and Roy Blunt are calling for and investigation into Trump's ties with Russia and wants Flynn to testify.

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802

The real story here is how some people seem to disappear when a shoe drops like this. Where are the usual troll comments while the Flynn/Russia news is unfolding? There is no capability for independent thought or analysis, simply parroting talking points. Tomorrow, they will all fill the threads with whatever Rush has to say, or Fox and Friends spins, but for the garbage as it is happening right now?
    They disappear, because they have no way to defend any of this crap, and their talking point deflections haven't hit the wire in their infosphere yet.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

The real story here is how some people seem to disappear when a shoe drops like this. Where are the usual troll comments while the Flynn/Russia news is unfolding? There is no capability for independent thought or analysis, simply parroting talking points. Tomorrow, they will all fill the threads with whatever Rush has to say, or Fox and Friends spins, but for the garbage as it is happening right now?
    They disappear, because they have no way to defend any of this crap, and their talking point deflections haven't hit the wire in their infosphere yet.
    just like fox news not running anything, anywhere, about Flynn's resignation. best they can do is have Piers Morgan on to talk about his twitter feud with JK Rowling.

yeah, so reputable.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I think the Russian prostitute pee orgy is gaining a little bit more street cred
  • Options
    Jason P said:

I think the Russian prostitute pee orgy is gaining a little bit more street cred

LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,725
    CM189191 said:

And they all make the same references. Lately I've seen the "you lock your doors, don't you?" in immigrant discussions, and with refugees: "will you be letting them live in your house?"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

I was reacting to this line "The policies he has put in place are still in line with what his voters wanted and I don't see that changing regardless how messy it appears." I can't find any of those policies. I find statements.
    A judge is certainly more then a statement. His EO on federal regulations is more then a statement. Pipeline approval is more then a statement. Instructing the justice department to enforce laws already on the books is more then a statement. Having his UN ambassador vote against certain members at the UN is more then a statement. The rest you are correct about but again it is about a sense of direction. Time will tell if the bluster becomes real and it will require congress to be a willing participant.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

Trump has now had 3 people step down from his team because of shady dealings with Russia...
    No. He has had 3 people step down.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    Jason P said:

lol lol is that Bafoon's plane lol
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

No. He has had 3 people step down.
    That's literally what he said...in bold.
This discussion has been closed.