Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited February 2017
    my2hands said:

Hillary is going to keep her options open for 2020... no doubt about it... especially considering she just won the popular vote by 3 million and would still be younger than Trump is now

Well, her running would be a solid reason for me to continue not voting democrat..."Still not with her"
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,035
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

The real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington? Will these leaks be happening as I deal on N.Korea etc?

That's not the real story. The insiders have always leaked to the press. Have you never heard of Deep Throat? This is how we keep tabs on our elected leaders. God bless the whistle blowers.
    A whistleblower courageously comes forward to the public. It puts a face to the accusation which is far more powerful compared to unsubstantiated leaks. It doesn't mean the leaks are not accurate but this is not the same.
    so you want to see them found in a dumpster with a bullet hole in the back of their head?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    Yeah please like I said the rabbit hole is deep so now Bafoon wants to know who's leaking info lol like as if he is totally innocent, I'm not buying it he needs to go down in flames !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

I think optimism is speaking in this thread recently.

I'm not so sure Trump has one foot out the door, folks.

I hope he stays all 4 years because he is obviously a disaster and this is the best thing to ever happen to the progressive movement in North America...

The best part of this fiasco is that it is destroying their credibility and agenda...

But honestly... I want this orange bully to be proven to be a traitor in bed with the Russians and do the perp walk out of the White House.
    it's all fun and games until a nuke goes off
    I'm of the same thinking. I want his 4 years of nonsense to destroy the republican far right, but at the same time, how much damage is he going to do if he's in office that long.
    People thought his candidacy alone would destroy the republican party and yet they are more republicans in government then ever. The Flynn resignation certainly doesn't look good but there is no evidence that Trump is doing "damage". The policies he has put in place are still in line with what his voters wanted and I don't see that changing regardless how messy it appears. His campaign was messy...he had three different campaign managers until he found success. People will be hired and fired based on results and it's quite possible the removal of Flynn will be a blessing in disguise as there has always been tension between him and the intelligence agencies. Nothing that has happened so far has made the electoral terrain any better for the Dems in 2018. The question is when/if the messiness becomes electorally significant?
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

I hope he stays all 4 years because he is obviously a disaster and this is the best thing to ever happen to the progressive movement in North America...

The best part of this fiasco is that it is destroying their credibility and agenda...

But honestly... I want this orange bully to be proven to be a traitor in bed with the Russians and do the perp walk out of the White House.
    I'm of the same thinking. I want his 4 years of nonsense to destroy the republican far right, but at the same time, how much damage is he going to do if he's in office that long.
    People thought his candidacy alone would destroy the republican party and yet they are more republicans in government then ever. The Flynn resignation certainly doesn't look good but there is no evidence that Trump is doing "damage". The policies he has put in place are still in line with what his voters wanted and I don't see that changing regardless how messy it appears. His campaign was messy...he had three different campaign managers until he found success. People will be hired and fired based on results and it's quite possible the removal of Flynn will be a blessing in disguise as there has always been tension between him and the intelligence agencies. Nothing that has happened so far has made the electoral terrain any better for the Dems in 2018. The question is when/if the messiness becomes electorally significant?
    I also remember people saying that the republican response to Obama would end the Republican Party...and here it is 2017 and...
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

I'd say his bromance with Puty is evidence of damage.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,771
    BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

Can you tell me the policies that he put in place that are in effect today? I literally can think of zero. All of those EO's he signed were a bunch of marketing fluff.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    If they Midwest economy is strong four years from now, he will win a second term. And there is nothing with East and West coast can do about it even if they have the popular vote.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

lol we're not even 2months into his presidency and your already claiming nothing will come of the mess that's hounding him !
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,725
    Jason P said:

If they Midwest economy is strong four years from now, he will win a second term. And there is nothing with East and West coast can do about it even if they have the popular vote.

Most signs were showing the Midwest recovered pretty well. I don't think it was economic. How many more articles can I read telling me how great things are in Elkhart now? trump campaigning on an economic message in the midwest was in a sense a gateway to convince whites they were being left behind. And he made a vilian for them.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

lol we're not even 2months into his presidency and your already claiming nothing will come of the mess that's hounding him !
    no, he's not. he's saying no one knows yet, which is true.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    edited February 2017
    Jason P said:

i work for a franchised retail chain. we have 40 locations around the state of TX. our business has been down 10 to 20 percent every month since October. This is very alarming for us. We are used to 5 to 10 percent growth even in a weak economy. Lesson? Well, we are not the only ones experiencing this and the stock market indices dont seem to have picked up on this trend. But consumer confidence is way down in this region. Not sure why it's not getting much attention. But it's real. We are close to entering a panic mode here.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:

i work for a franchised retail chain. we have 40 locations around the state of TX. our business has been down 10 to 20 percent every month since October. This is very alarming for us. We are used to 5 to 10 percent growth even in a weak economy. Lesson? Well, we are not the only ones experiencing this. The stock market does not reflect it either. But consumer confidence is way down in this region. Not sure why it's getting much attention. But it's real. We are close to entering a panic mode here.
    I sincerely hope it bounces back for you all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

Can you tell me the policies that he put in place that are in effect today? I literally can think of zero. All of those EO's he signed were a bunch of marketing fluff.
    It certainly isn't much so far but it is a sense of direction. Pipeline approvals aren't fluff. Removal of burdensome regulations is not fluff. A conservative supreme court judge is certainly not fluff. Add to that a direction of a better business environment through improving the tax code, eliminating Obamacare, continued removal of regulation. Add to that a focus on school choice. Add to the enforcing the rule of law. Add to that a harder stance in the war on terror and a tougher stance on Iran. These things are happening and will continue to happen with time.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    mfc2006 said:
    Was that a Walking Dead extra audition?

How long can she keep this up? She is getting killed in front of America every, single, day.

• Options
    dignin said:

mfc2006 said:

How long can she keep this up? She is getting killed in front of America every, single, day.

she and spicer are going to end up in a suicide pact. I don't think I could handle their jobs either. Who could? Who would want to? I'd just throw up my hands and say "fuck this! I'm outta here!".
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

I don't think anything "electorally significant" has happened "yet". That doesn't mean it won't happen in time. Just not yet.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

dignin said:

mfc2006 said:

she and spicer are going to end up in a suicide pact. I don't think I could handle their jobs either. Who could? Who would want to? I'd just throw up my hands and say "fuck this! I'm outta here!".
    It really is truly unbelievable. They take an absolute beating everyday.

Every once in awhile I start to feel sorry for them. Then I come to my senses and realize they have a choice, so fuck them. If they had any dignity or guts they would walk away.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2017
    BS44325 said:

His campaign was messy...he had three different campaign managers until he found success.

how quickly you forget Carter Page (Campaign Advisor) & Paul Manafort (Campaign Manager) were forced to step down from his team because of shady dealings with Russia... just a coincidence right? lol

the writing is on the wall whether you want to see it or not

I suggest you read this before you continue with your head in the sand routine on this issue

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-russia-ties-michael-flynn-dossier-2017-2

• Options
    edited February 2017
    BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

It certainly isn't much so far but it is a sense of direction. Pipeline approvals aren't fluff. Removal of burdensome regulations is not fluff. A conservative supreme court judge is certainly not fluff. Add to that a direction of a better business environment through improving the tax code, eliminating Obamacare, continued removal of regulation. Add to that a focus on school choice. Add to the enforcing the rule of law. Add to that a harder stance in the war on terror and a tougher stance on Iran. These things are happening and will continue to happen with time.
    He didn't do any of the things (outside nominating a SCOTUS). Did you read the Dodd Frank related EO? No substance. Read the first paragraph here:

While not unimportant, the order is largely aspirational as it sets out a broad outline for the reforms the Trump administration will seek in financial regulation. However, the order, in and of itself, does not affect any regulatory changes.

The order does, however, include a directive to the secretary of the Treasury, but that directive — produce a report — will not produce any meaningful changes either.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/finance/318298-trumps-dodd-frank-eo-is-more-bark-than-bite

Has he changed the tax code (don't answer that because you well know that he cannot do that). Has he repealed Obamacare? He also has no power to do that. Rule of law? You mean the EO last week about that? Go ahead and read them and tell me what it actually does.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

lol like I said there is no way president Bafoon did not know all this way back before election , you might not believe it but I bet a lot of the established people in the know totally know how deep this Bafoon is in it !!
  • Options

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

The real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington? Will these leaks be happening as I deal on N.Korea etc?

That's not the real story. The insiders have always leaked to the press. Have you never heard of Deep Throat? This is how we keep tabs on our elected leaders. God bless the whistle blowers.
    A whistleblower courageously comes forward to the public. It puts a face to the accusation which is far more powerful compared to unsubstantiated leaks. It doesn't mean the leaks are not accurate but this is not the same.
    so you want to see them found in a dumpster with a bullet hole in the back of their head?
    Sort of like Vince Foster?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,116
    PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

Hillary is going to keep her options open for 2020... no doubt about it... especially considering she just won the popular vote by 3 million and would still be younger than Trump is now

Well, her running would be a solid reason for me to continue not voting democrat..."Still not with her"
    Yeah because the GOP seems to have a good handle on everything...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    8 years these clowns have been SCREAMING about Obamacare.. now that they have the power, they have squat. no ideas. no replacement. nothing.

nothing but a bunch of clowns

I have no idea how an actual conservative can support the bafoon, but I guess people just like to cheer for their team no matter what
  • Options

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

lol like I said there is no way president Bafoon did not know all this way back before election , you might not believe it but I bet a lot of the established people in the know totally know how deep this Bafoon is in it !!
    Adam Schiff (ranking Dem on House Intelligence committee) told other Dems today that plenty more will be coming out in the next few days. Should be interesting. Saw the official name of this crisis too.. "Flynnghazi".
  • Options

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

of course I believe it. but what I believe isn't fact until it's proven to be. that's all he's saying.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

my2hands said:

Adam Schiff (ranking Dem on House Intelligence committee) told other Dems today that plenty more will be coming out in the next few days. Should be interesting. Saw the official name of this crisis too.. "Flynnghazi".
    I believe it. The thread is starting to unravel & pretty soon everything will be exposed.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    my2hands said:

8 years these clowns have been SCREAMING about Obamacare.. now that they have the power, they have squat. no ideas. no replacement. nothing.

nothing but a bunch of clowns

I have no idea how an actual conservative can support the bafoon, but I guess people just like to cheer for their team no matter what

Brainwashed?

First, it's not 8 years, but go on. Second, they timed the roll out of critical parts until the last couple years with full impacts coming right about....NOW. So, the fact is, the prudent thing is to let the stuff hit the fan. The time to repeal was 3-4 years ago before you have to UNdo something. So, it's really a bit disingenuous how you are trying to frame this. Now the issue is, you have to UNdo a massive entitlement program to put any legit ideas in place. That's not so easy to do.

So, saying they have no ideas - false. I like the band aid method - just rip it off and go forward. But, even I know that's not the politically savvy way to deal with the boondoggle.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,725

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Now we're digging deep into the kooky equivalencies and it's not even noon.
This discussion has been closed.