Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    ^^ I think you hit it exactly. There's no way Flynn calls the ambassador 5x or whatever if Trump hasn't blessed it. Flynn knows it's probably a Logan act violation.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,669

tbergs said:
    Lol

I got sidetracked on the movie trailer.

But yeah to the point... it's going to be an endless stream of gaffes and errors and slightly shocking behaviours on the part of the orange one. Realistically, nobody should be surprised at anything he does anymore.

On a side note, I can't recall if there was any public statement made at all when it was reported that Trump got peed on in the hotel room by prostitutes. Was this fake news? Was it factual? Did he address it? Is the bar so low for him that it really doesn't matter?
    Recent word was that intelligence confirmed the pee dossier.
    They've confirmed some of the dossier but not the pee stuff. The fact that some of it is proven true though should be worrying to the White House. It shows there's smoke to this story, and where there's smoke...there's fire.

So a couple revelations in the last couple of hours has me thinking. First, KellyAnne states that Flynn has the full support of the President. Now it's coming out that Flynn called Pence recently to apologize for misleading him. Flynn has admitted guilt basically and has the full support of the President? If Flynn still has the support of the President after humiliating the VP on national tv, there's only one logical assumption- Trump knew/directed Flynn going into that phone call with the ambassador from Russia to discuss sanctions.

So there's that part of it. Now, think of what this does to the main players in this admin. Flynn misled Pence, Spicer, and Priebus, and all three of those men now look like blatant liars on TV. By siding with Flynn- it shows who really has the Presodent's ear. That would be Flynn, Bannon and Miller. These two factions couldn't be more opposite. The group with the VP are your traditional Republicans with DC experience. If the President wants to get anything through Congress, he needs this group. Then Flynn group is the one who wants to see the world burn. They want to kick ass and take names with anyone who will help them.

Eventually Trump is going to have to start using the Congress. He can't do EOs forever. He's going to need the group headed by the VP to navigate congress. It's interesting to watch. A guy like Pence, he wants to be President. He has an invested interest in this playing out well and if the writings on the wall in 2020- he's gone. I'm amazed he even signed on to this lose-lose deal. But the Bannon group? They never thought they'd get this far and they will probably never come close to it again- so they have nothing to lose.

I'm just shocked the President appears to be siding with Flynn. The perception of it is awful. It makes him look complacent and at the same time humiliating members of his administration that he needs going forward to be successful.
    A good, insightful assessment. And it's Pence and the traditional Repubs that will happily cooperate with intelligence agencies to get closer to impeachment.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited February 2017
    ^^^
    Why can't President Trump just continue to issue EOs? What is stopping him?
    This may be a tactic to speed things up instead of going to congress in the first place. By issuing rampant EOs the congress is forced to act quickly at identifying the reasons why it can't be upheld and what is needed to change in order for it to pass with a redraft.
    President Trump is skipping the middleman and using him at the sametime.
  • Options

^^^
    This may be a tactic to speed things up instead of going to congress in the first place. By issuing rampant EOs the congress is forced to act quickly at identifying the reasons why it can't be upheld and what is needed to change in order for it to pass with a redraft.

Yeah, except that's not how it works in the US. Congress writes the laws. We have three branches of government with equal power. You cannot "skip the middleman" in regards to how laws are put together. I think there's a time to use EO and a time not to. Why would this President ignore congress? He has both houses in his favor. It's absurd.
  • Options

^^^

You can't write EO for powers delegated to the legislative branch. If you could, then you would be an elected dictator. And congress doesn't need to scramble, you just have to file a law suit and ensure you have standing. Congress didn't stop the ban, it wa sa state suit.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    edited February 2017

BS44325 said:

I have put forth this theory and as I said earlier I flip back and forth on it all the time. Clearly he ran a genius general election campaign with respect to media management and general strategy while spending extremely little money. Even if you hate him or you dislike his style of campaigning (I dislike his style!) you must recognize that on the campaign front his instincts were remarkable. Now the question following this is can campaigning "genius" be converted to a "genius" in governing? The jury is still out on this and again I think it is wrong to not at least ask yourself the question. When I ask it of myself I consider his behaviour and say "If he is a genius and his style is intentional what could be long term benefits of his current behaviour and how would that compare to the long term risk?". I have some theories that I doubt any of you care about but when I break it down I still see some possible benefits of his continued "politically provocative rhetoric/actions" even though I personally find the style to be distasteful (a point which I have been consistent on since I said he could win many months ago). The biggest problem with the #resistance, the democratic party, and of course the AMT is the level of certainty you all have. By thinking you're infallible you are tempting fate instead.
    Was his campaign actually 'genius'?

It was successful- we can't debate that, but I'm wondering if it was more a case of being atypical and not necessarily by design. I think that Trump stumbled (I say stumbled) on to a tactic that has never been tried before: appeal to the non-intellects who are incapable of questioning exactly how Trump was going to Make America Great Again. Then, toss in some race based rhetoric like building a wall and banning some Muslims and look at me now...

Remember... he was shitting his pants already declaring himself the loser prior to winning. He didn't even give himself a chance based on his crying.

I don't think it was genius. I think it was revealing.
    I was gonna respond to BS with basically the same post. The only thing I'll add is that Trump stumbled on his target demographic 30+ years ago when he got involved with wrestling culture.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    Flynn will be fired or resign on Friday, late Friday, after the news cycle. Trump continues to hedge on his support for Flynn and is now "fact finding." Basically, get your affairs in order, you're out.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

^^^

You can't write EO for powers delegated to the legislative branch. If you could, then you would be an elected dictator. And congress doesn't need to scramble, you just have to file a law suit and ensure you have standing. Congress didn't stop the ban, it wa sa state suit.
    I'll respond to both yourself and ledved replies at once. Thanks for that.

I'm not an expert on the depths of American govt obviously but I'm just wondering though if my other point was correct that by constantly issuing EOs and seeing which ones stick and which ones don't the team learns quickly about all avenues they must look at to ensure future ones are passed. I know congress didn't stop the ban it was state level but in the future what does the redrafted EO have to do in order to get passed. I think those details are surfacing and his team will pounce with congress backed support. I think that if his congress has all information on how the other branches work/don't work his power will be tremendous. I get your point about an elected dictator but because of this latest stoppage from a state level the process of ensuring the redrafted EO next time will have better transitional authority.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

^^^

I'll respond to both yourself and ledved replies at once. Thanks for that.

I'm not an expert on the depths of American govt obviously but I'm just wondering though if my other point was correct that by constantly issuing EOs and seeing which ones stick and which ones don't the team learns quickly about all avenues they must look at to ensure future ones are passed. I know congress didn't stop the ban it was state level but in the future what does the redrafted EO have to do in order to get passed. I think those details are surfacing and his team will pounce with congress backed support. I think that if his congress has all information on how the other branches work/don't work his power will be tremendous. I get your point about an elected dictator but because of this latest stoppage from a state level the process of ensuring the redrafted EO next time will have better transitional authority.
    He should spend his time working with congress to pass actual laws. That would be wiser and more fruitful.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    MNUCHIN lol drain the swamp
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,833
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    he came prepared. nice work Canada. you are my new master Trudeau.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    Lance M. Dodes, M.D.

To the Editor:

Charles M. Blow (column, nytimes.com, Feb. 9) describes Donald Trump’s constant need “to grind the opposition underfoot.” As mental health professionals, we share Mr. Blow’s concern.

Silence from the country’s mental health organizations has been due to a self-imposed dictum about evaluating public figures (the American Psychiatric Association’s 1973 Goldwater Rule). But this silence has resulted in a failure to lend our expertise to worried journalists and members of Congress at this critical time. We fear that too much is at stake to be silent any longer.

Mr. Trump’s speech and actions demonstrate an inability to tolerate views different from his own, leading to rage reactions. His words and behavior suggest a profound inability to empathize. Individuals with these traits distort reality to suit their psychological state, attacking facts and those who convey them (journalists, scientists).

In a powerful leader, these attacks are likely to increase, as his personal myth of greatness appears to be confirmed. We believe that the grave emotional instability indicated by Mr. Trump’s speech and actions makes him incapable of serving safely as president.

Lance Dodes, M.D.
    Joseph Schachter, M.D., Ph.D.
    Susan Radant, Ph.D.
    Judith Schachter, M.D.
    Jules Kerman, M.D., Ph.D
    Jeffrey Seitelman, M.D., Ph.D.
    Henry Friedman, M.D.
    Babak Roshanaei-Moghaddam, MD
    David Cooper, Ph.D.
    Dena Sorbo, LCSW, BCD
    Joseph Reppen, Ph.D.
    Ernest Wallwork, Ph.D.
    Judith E. Vida, M.D.
    Richard Reichbart, J.D., Ph.D.
    Joseph Abrahams, M.D.
    Leslie Schweitzer-Miller, M.D.
    Cheryl Y. Goodrich, Ph.D.
    Lourdes Henares-Levy, M.D.
    Alexandra Rolde, M.D.
    Dr. med. Helen Schoenhals Hart
    Eva D. Papiasvili, Ph.D.
    Mali Mann, M.D.
    Phyllis Tyson, Ph.D.
    Era A. Loewenstein, Ph.D.
    Marianna Adler, Ph.D.
    Henry Nunberg, M.D.
    Marc R. Hirsch, Ph.D.
    Lora Heims Tessman, Ph.D.
    Monisha Nayar-Akhtar, Ph.D.
    Victoria Schreiber, M.A., L.M.S.W.
    Penny M Freedman, Ph.D.
    Merton A. Shill, JD. LLM., PhD.
    Helen K. Gediman, Ph.D.
    Michael P. Kowitt, Ph.D.
    Leonard Glass, M.D.

http://www.lancedodes.com/new-york-times-letter
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

Agreed. Our PM conveyed very well to President Trump that just because we can invade your country at any time we won't. :grin:

Seriously though I am happy how our PM represented. Things were civil on both fronts and twitter after the meet.
    I watched the press briefing live and I am impressed that he said with regard to Syrian refugees The last thing Canadians expect is for me to come down and lecture another country on how they choose to govern themselves," he said. "My role, our responsibility, is to continue to govern in such a way that reflects Canadians' approach and be a positive example in the world." http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/washington-trudeau-trump-meeting-1.3979743
  • Options
  • Options
    Just looking at the goof makes me laugh.

I figured it out: he's the successful blend of Peter Griffin and Montgomery Burns. A real life cartoon character.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848
    With all this flynn business and russia and trumps obvious knowledge, and possible conspiratorial, his new all season white house is going to be federal prison. He has got to be one of the stupidest people to ever hold piblic office, never mind the presidency.

Maybe this was all orchestrated by pence from the beginning.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

vaggar99 said:

Agreed. Our PM conveyed very well to President Trump that just because we can invade your country at any time we won't. :grin:

Seriously though I am happy how our PM represented. Things were civil on both fronts and twitter after the meet.
    I watched the press briefing live and I am impressed that he said with regard to Syrian refugees The last thing Canadians expect is for me to come down and lecture another country on how they choose to govern themselves," he said. "My role, our responsibility, is to continue to govern in such a way that reflects Canadians' approach and be a positive example in the world." http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/washington-trudeau-trump-meeting-1.3979743
    Translation..."you're beneath me Mr. President".
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    vaggar99 said:
    Ahhh, the irony, given many Canadians are waiting to see proof that Justin knows what he's doing.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    Hey, but Trump is brilliant, ran a brilliant campaign and his business dealings are more successes than failures. So there's that.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

vaggar99 said:

Don't think so on that.
    Our PM is liberal voted in by a majority.
    Liberals don't insult people.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

vaggar99 said:

Don't think so on that.
    Our PM is liberal voted in by a majority.
    Liberals don't insult people.
    Not out loud..
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    DOJ warned Trump & his administration about Flynn last month...so there's another wrinkle
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Out like Flynn.
This discussion has been closed.