Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    tough guy huh, lmao
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    tbergs said:

my2hands said:
    I like how every time they put out a statement about some policy or stance, they make sure to either include that Obama did the same thing or criticize as doing nothing. He cannot get past his feelings of inadequacy.
    To be fair when Barry took over he couldn't say a sentence without saying "I inherited _____ from the Bush admin..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,869
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

tbergs said:

my2hands said:
    I like how every time they put out a statement about some policy or stance, they make sure to either include that Obama did the same thing or criticize as doing nothing. He cannot get past his feelings of inadequacy.
    What's also interesting is that trump supporters do the exact thing (see amt for references).
    Yep, that's the Trump defense for everything now. "Look, look, see, look, A-ha! Obama did it, too!" Then hide behind the guise of "we're just trying to point out hypocrisy." Speaking of playing that game...

Obama executive orders: "What! What is he doing? Such an abuse of power! Get him outta there! Impeach! IMPEACH!"
    Trump executive orders: "Finally, someone is getting shit done!"
    While the differences between the two are glaring. One did it responsibly and with care to minimize negative effects on people (and mostly for positive gain for people), while the other does it completely irresponsibly and recklessly in a way that directly harms many people. Apples and oranges. It's absurd that people try to compare the two in any way, honestly. I haven't seen a single instance where the comparison between Obama and Trump is valid.
    Apples and oranges and multiple perspectives.
    https://youtu.be/qw6tjBxvIPo
    Right.... confirms that they're not comparable. Nobody ever said that Obama never deported anyone. What Obama did is nothing like what Trump is now doing, nor is how he did it. Though I'm not sure if that is the point you are trying to make... I actually don't know what point you are trying to make at all. Can you be more explicit, if you do indeed have a point? I actually thought we were talking about executive orders, and then you post this video about deportations during Obama's term. Maybe you're trying to show us how Obama was far more responsible about immigration/deportations than Trump is being?
    Sorry, didn't realize you were speaking specifically about executive orders. I was thinking about comparisons on a more broad level...such as deporting illegal immigrants.
    I don't think most people had or have a real problem with legal, relatively well-handled deportations of illegal immigrants (although I do remember a few stories where some people kind of fit into these brutal cracks in the system. FWIW, I didn't always like what the Obama administration did when it came to illegal immigrants, mostly when it came to their children). What people have a problem with is barring legal immigration and refugees based on their religion, turning down desperate victims of war and suppression, racism, halting visas that were already approved, preventing employees of American companies from being able to do their jobs and students from being able to continue their studies, etc etc etc. If you are looking at what Trump is doing and comparing it to deportations that happened to illegal immigrants during Obama's presidency, I don't know if you actually understand the issue at all..... You are talking about a completely different issue. We don't even know how Trump is going to actually deal with illegal immigrants in America yet.... Judging from what's happened since Jan 20th, it's probably going to be pretty horrible, whatever the plan ends up being.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

vaggar99 said:

ho

my2hands said:

Donald Trump’s father was arrested at a Klan riot.

Most of the national media studiously avoided printing that simple declarative sentence since Donald Trump decided to run for president. Most of the country’s politicians have remained strangely silent on the topic.

Public commentators did not connect the dots even as President-elect Trump attacked the civil rights hero, John Lewis, when having a Klan sympathizer for a father would seem to be highly pertinent in explaining his behavior.

Yet the factual evidence seems strong. Trump’s father Fred was arrested in New York City in 1927, when a group of Klansmen got into a brawl with police officers during a Memorial Day parade in Queens. There is a document trail, and the names, dates, and addresses match up. The New York Times published a story about the riot and the seven men who were arrested; Fred Trump is mentioned by name. His address is given at 175-24 Devonshire Road, Jamaica, New York City, and the federal census of 1930 shows that Fred Trump resided at that address. The newspaper does not identify him as a Klan member, or clarify whether he was wearing a Klan robe—as were many of the demonstrators―but he did get arrested, and all seven men were represented by the same attorneys. Two days after the brawl, Fred Trump was discharged from custody, with no explanation that can be discovered from public records. After the website Boing Boing reported the story in 2015, Donald Trump denied it, and he has not publicly discussed it since then.

The New York Daily News, the Washington Post, the New York Times and a few other news outlets mentioned the connection briefly in 2016, and then they dropped it. Throughout the campaign, most of the media maintained a deafening silence, as did most of the nation’s politicians in both parties. If Fred Trump was a full-fledged Klansman, no one seemed interested in pursuing the story. Journalists and politicians displayed the most determined zeal in investigating every aspect of Hillary Clinton’s email in 2016, and 20 years ago they showed the same zeal in investigating the Clintons’ investment in Whitewater.

Yet the family history of the Republican Party’s nominee merited nothing close to that scrutiny. And this is the immediate family, the man’s own father, not some distant ancestor from another century, a father with the power to shape the boy’s most profound assumptions about the world. Moreover, Donald Trump has often expressed his admiration for his father. Thoughtful adults can hear the echoes of one hundred years ago in the president’s encouragement of violence at campaign rallies, his prejudices against minorities, and his use of violent language.

Historians know that the Ku Klux Klan, founded in Tennessee in 1866 by ex-Confederate officers, was created to intimidate black Southerners, especially those who wanted to vote, as well as the region’s ethnic and religious minorities. Since the 1860s, the Klan has spread all over the United States, with chapters in every region, and its targets have expanded to include immigrants, gays, and women who work outside the home. In the 1920s, the Klan grew dramatically in the cities of the North, often in response to the arrival of Catholics from Eastern and Central Europe. Accordingly, the Klansmen in Queens protested their presence in 1927 in New York City.

But in the public mind, the organization is still associated largely with the South. Perhaps that is one explanation for the silence on Fred Trump, Donald’s origins in the urban North. Maybe it is still too hard to face up to bigotry and prejudice anywhere outside the South.

We can easily imagine what would have happened if there had been the faintest rumor that Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, or Al Gore had a Klan sympathizer in the family—page one stories and protracted coverage in the media, politicians holding forth, bristling with the assumption that the allegation was probably true. Carter, Clinton, and Gore would have been judged unfit for public service, and their careers would have ended long before they reached national office.

Maybe there are other explanations for the silence about Fred Trump, beginning with shame, a deep embarrassment that the Klan has lasted so long and spread throughout the country, including New York. Perhaps it was the hope that the son would turn away from the spectre of a man who had been arrested at a Klan riot. Maybe it was the well-meaning but naïve belief that Donald Trump could not win the election.

Now he inhabits the White House. Let us hope that the country’s media and political leadership recover their usual probing interest in the President’s background, his motives, and his veracity. The future of the Republic may depend on it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-family-history-donald-fred-and-the-ku-klux_us_588e549de4b0cd25e4904a3f

conservatives will argue that racism skips a generation
    Liberal proof Trump is racist, ignoring the hear say, his father was arrested on memorial day in queens 90 years ago, Klansmen were also arrested.

Liberals will argue that racism is hereditary.
    Were you hiding in a cave since The May 2011 annual White House correspondents dinner or are you that fucking retarded? Go back to your coloring book, racist. Adults are talking here.
    And yet you resort to name calling. "Fucking Retarded" is a pretty immature term in my personal opinion.
    Pot kettle black. I'm not the one apologizing for the name calling president and going silent when pjfan calls others names you pathetic partisan hack. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Piss off. The only Petty one is you. I won't normalize ignorance and stupidity as well as Trump himself. Don't like it? Tough shit. It's not name calling when it's true.
    Wowza! Say it don't spray it bro! If you are referring to Tom Petty then I'll take that as a compliment. If not, I'll just right everything you just said off as the babbling angry outburst of a mentally unstable person. In that sense, you and Trump may have some common ground. I truly hope you get the help you need...seriously.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

WTF! Are you serious?

Is it worth the data to watch? What's in it?
    You've most likely seen it, when the Univision dude got thrown out for making a scene...just like any other protester at these events would have been.
    Plus some racism and xenophobia added in, oh wait, you are a conservative so you don't believe in that stuff.
    "Go back to Univision."
    "Get out of my country."
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

WTF! Are you serious?

You've most likely seen it, when the Univision dude got thrown out for making a scene...just like any other protester at these events would have been.
    Plus some racism and xenophobia added in, oh wait, you are a conservative so you don't believe in that stuff.
    "Go back to Univision."
    "Get out of my country."
    I do not support nor condone what the person not running for president said in the video. And I never said Trump is not an asshat himself...but still prefer him over Hillary...which were pretty much our only two options here.
    edited February 2017
    PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

WTF! Are you serious?

"Go back to Univision."
    "Get out of my country."
    I do not support nor condone what the person not running for president said in the video. And I never said Trump is not an asshat himself...but still prefer him over Hillary...which were pretty much our only two options here.
    PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

WTF! Are you serious?

"Go back to Univision."
    "Get out of my country."
    You don't think "Go back to Univision" means anything? That came out of Trump's mouth. Given the history of Trump's comments about Univision and Mexico, I think the meaning behind that is glaring. The other guy just used that comment as a launch pad.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

WTF! Are you serious?

"Go back to Univision."
    "Get out of my country."
    PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

WTF! Are you serious?

"Go back to Univision."
    "Get out of my country."
    You don't think "Go back to Univision" means anything? That came out of Trump's mouth. Given the history of Trump's comments about Univision and Mexico, I think the meaning behind that is glaring. The other guy just used that comment as a launch pad.
    Jorge Ramos is employed by Univision...
  • If you read it in the Home Alone voice of Macaulay Culkin it's very funny.
  • Latest tweet,
    Everybody is arguing whether or not it is a BAN. Call it what you want, it is about keeping bad people (with bad intentions) out of country!
  • PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

vaggar99 said:

ho

my2hands said:

Most of the national media studiously avoided printing that simple declarative sentence since Donald Trump decided to run for president. Most of the country’s politicians have remained strangely silent on the topic.

Public commentators did not connect the dots even as President-elect Trump attacked the civil rights hero, John Lewis, when having a Klan sympathizer for a father would seem to be highly pertinent in explaining his behavior.

Yet the factual evidence seems strong. Trump’s father Fred was arrested in New York City in 1927, when a group of Klansmen got into a brawl with police officers during a Memorial Day parade in Queens. There is a document trail, and the names, dates, and addresses match up. The New York Times published a story about the riot and the seven men who were arrested; Fred Trump is mentioned by name. His address is given at 175-24 Devonshire Road, Jamaica, New York City, and the federal census of 1930 shows that Fred Trump resided at that address. The newspaper does not identify him as a Klan member, or clarify whether he was wearing a Klan robe—as were many of the demonstrators―but he did get arrested, and all seven men were represented by the same attorneys. Two days after the brawl, Fred Trump was discharged from custody, with no explanation that can be discovered from public records. After the website Boing Boing reported the story in 2015, Donald Trump denied it, and he has not publicly discussed it since then.

The New York Daily News, the Washington Post, the New York Times and a few other news outlets mentioned the connection briefly in 2016, and then they dropped it. Throughout the campaign, most of the media maintained a deafening silence, as did most of the nation’s politicians in both parties. If Fred Trump was a full-fledged Klansman, no one seemed interested in pursuing the story. Journalists and politicians displayed the most determined zeal in investigating every aspect of Hillary Clinton’s email in 2016, and 20 years ago they showed the same zeal in investigating the Clintons’ investment in Whitewater.

Yet the family history of the Republican Party’s nominee merited nothing close to that scrutiny. And this is the immediate family, the man’s own father, not some distant ancestor from another century, a father with the power to shape the boy’s most profound assumptions about the world. Moreover, Donald Trump has often expressed his admiration for his father. Thoughtful adults can hear the echoes of one hundred years ago in the president’s encouragement of violence at campaign rallies, his prejudices against minorities, and his use of violent language.

Historians know that the Ku Klux Klan, founded in Tennessee in 1866 by ex-Confederate officers, was created to intimidate black Southerners, especially those who wanted to vote, as well as the region’s ethnic and religious minorities. Since the 1860s, the Klan has spread all over the United States, with chapters in every region, and its targets have expanded to include immigrants, gays, and women who work outside the home. In the 1920s, the Klan grew dramatically in the cities of the North, often in response to the arrival of Catholics from Eastern and Central Europe. Accordingly, the Klansmen in Queens protested their presence in 1927 in New York City.

But in the public mind, the organization is still associated largely with the South. Perhaps that is one explanation for the silence on Fred Trump, Donald’s origins in the urban North. Maybe it is still too hard to face up to bigotry and prejudice anywhere outside the South.

We can easily imagine what would have happened if there had been the faintest rumor that Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, or Al Gore had a Klan sympathizer in the family—page one stories and protracted coverage in the media, politicians holding forth, bristling with the assumption that the allegation was probably true. Carter, Clinton, and Gore would have been judged unfit for public service, and their careers would have ended long before they reached national office.

Maybe there are other explanations for the silence about Fred Trump, beginning with shame, a deep embarrassment that the Klan has lasted so long and spread throughout the country, including New York. Perhaps it was the hope that the son would turn away from the spectre of a man who had been arrested at a Klan riot. Maybe it was the well-meaning but naïve belief that Donald Trump could not win the election.

Now he inhabits the White House. Let us hope that the country’s media and political leadership recover their usual probing interest in the President’s background, his motives, and his veracity. The future of the Republic may depend on it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-family-history-donald-fred-and-the-ku-klux_us_588e549de4b0cd25e4904a3f

Liberal proof Trump is racist, ignoring the hear say, his father was arrested on memorial day in queens 90 years ago, Klansmen were also arrested.

Were you hiding in a cave since The May 2011 annual White House correspondents dinner or are you that fucking retarded? Go back to your coloring book, racist. Adults are talking here.
    And yet you resort to name calling. "Fucking Retarded" is a pretty immature term in my personal opinion.
    Pot kettle black. I'm not the one apologizing for the name calling president and going silent when pjfan calls others names you pathetic partisan hack. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Piss off. The only Petty one is you. I won't normalize ignorance and stupidity as well as Trump himself. Don't like it? Tough shit. It's not name calling when it's true.
    Don't bring me into your outbursts please. I get it, you don't like President Trump as your ruler.
    Start doing something politically active and be the change!
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

WTF! Are you serious?

"Go back to Univision."
    "Get out of my country."
    PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

WTF! Are you serious?

"Go back to Univision."
    "Get out of my country."
    his boss and Univision owner is ....
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/haim-saban-raises-34m-support-747379

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,542
    Wma31394 said:

tbergs said:

my2hands said:
    To be fair when Barry took over he couldn't say a sentence without saying "I inherited _____ from the Bush admin..
    I was actually wondering what Obama and other past presidents have done.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    edited February 2017
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

WTF! Are you serious?

"Go back to Univision."
    "Get out of my country."
    PJPOWER said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

tbergs said:

WTF! Are you serious?

"Go back to Univision."
    "Get out of my country."
    I know that. I just don't think the comment was meant only literally (his general attitude towards Univision and that whole story, his personal beef with Univision, the racial context behind that... it all adds up).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    If Beyoncé is okay bringing twins into this world I think we'll be alright.
    edited February 2017

Latest tweet,
    Everybody is arguing whether or not it is a BAN. Call it what you want, it is about keeping bad people (with bad intentions) out of country!

Haha. Can he ever not utter an absurdity? Obviously it has NOTHING to do with that, given that all the countries where actual terrorists that attacked the US came from are not on the list, lol, and this ban is keeping people who have been proven to NOT be bad people from entering.

#AlternativeFacts strike again!

The children's father is a self-admitted former heroin dealer. How many people died in the late 80's off his "Hawaiian punch" or "tango and cash" junk? He will burn in hell. lol

Albeit Reasonable Doubt is UNREAL!

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    Yeah notice how all the talk of Russia or anything pertaining to all the issues concerning Bafoon have dropped off the face of the Earth in the end he will get away with everything that's considered inappropriate for a sitting president ! lol and people were scared of Obama this Bafoon will do more damage than If Obama had serve three terms ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Heidi Heitkamp ND
    Mark Warner VA
    Joe Manchin WV
    Angus King ME
    Democratic (or independent) senators who voted with Republicans to approve Exxon CEO for Secretary of State
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125

Heidi Heitkamp ND
    Mark Warner VA
    Joe Manchin WV
    Angus King ME
    Democratic (or independent) senators who voted with Republicans to approve Exxon CEO for Secretary of State

Great to know I hope voters in those states take notice of these senators !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

Yeah notice how all the talk of Russia or anything pertaining to all the issues concerning Bafoon have dropped off the face of the Earth in the end he will get away with everything that's considered inappropriate for a sitting president ! lol and people were scared of Obama this Bafoon will do more damage than If Obama had serve three terms ...

Seems to me like it's all anybody is talking about.... But I agree that, unless American politicians actually take a real stand en masse, he will still get away with whatever the fuck he wants. I am not seeing any of these "checks and balances" so many people were claiming existed. If Trump and friends can just ignore those so-called checks and balances, as seems to be the case so far, there aren't any checks and balances at all, right? I mean, there are already so many things that Trump could be impeached on. Just all the conflicts of interest alone should be enough.... and nobody is lifting a finger to do so.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    rssesq said:

The children's father is a self-admitted former heroin dealer. How many people died in the late 80's off his "Hawaiian punch" or "tango and cash" junk? He will burn in hell. lol

Jay Z has nothing to do with what I wrote. Fathers do not matter in 2017.
  • PJ_Soul said:

Seems to me like it's all anybody is talking about.... But I agree that, unless American politicians actually take a real stand en masse, he will still get away with whatever the fuck he wants. I am not seeing any of these "checks and balances" so many people were claiming existed. If Trump and friends can just ignore those so-called checks and balances, as seems to be the case so far, there aren't any checks and balances at all, right? I mean, there are already so many things that Trump could be impeached on. Just all the conflicts of interest alone should be enough.... and nobody is lifting a finger to do so.
    47 lawsuits have been filed against Trump thus far. There's your "check." Some of which may lead to depositions. Those will be the most interesting. Follow the money.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942

rssesq said:

A new slogan for 2017?

rssesq said:

Unless it's 2 fathers with no mama,

PJ_Soul said:

47 lawsuits have been filed against Trump thus far. There's your "check." Some of which may lead to depositions. Those will be the most interesting. Follow the money.
    I guess you're right.... I suppose I don't have much faith in any of that, but I hope my lack of faith proves baseless. I think maybe I have the sense that they can do anything they want because that's what they did even when Obama was in office. They were able to keep him from appointing someone to the SCOTUS, which to me seemed illegal/unconstitutional... but it happened and nobody did anything about it for some reason. It seems to me like there are rules, but if someone decides they don't want to follow them, well.... that's the end of it.
    I wonder how many lawsuits have been filed against other leaders who set themselves up as dictators? What happened to them?
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,542

rssesq said:

I'm not following your statement. What are you referring to?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

vaggar99 said:

ho

my2hands said:

Were you hiding in a cave since The May 2011 annual White House correspondents dinner or are you that fucking retarded? Go back to your coloring book, racist. Adults are talking here. Google it. I'm not your goddamn remedial history teacher.
    Call me anything you like, except words that offend others. You may have missed a post on here about using the word retarded and retard. Why don't you remove it from your adult vocabulary or at least keep it off these boards. Are you adult enough to respect that request on behalf of those that you unknowingly offend?
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

tbergs said:

my2hands said:
    What's also interesting is that trump supporters do the exact thing (see amt for references).
    Yep, that's the Trump defense for everything now. "Look, look, see, look, A-ha! Obama did it, too!" Then hide behind the guise of "we're just trying to point out hypocrisy." Speaking of playing that game...

Obama executive orders: "What! What is he doing? Such an abuse of power! Get him outta there! Impeach! IMPEACH!"
    Trump executive orders: "Finally, someone is getting shit done!"
    While the differences between the two are glaring. One did it responsibly and with care to minimize negative effects on people (and mostly for positive gain for people), while the other does it completely irresponsibly and recklessly in a way that directly harms many people. Apples and oranges. It's absurd that people try to compare the two in any way, honestly. I haven't seen a single instance where the comparison between Obama and Trump is valid.
    Apples and oranges and multiple perspectives.
    https://youtu.be/qw6tjBxvIPo
    Right.... confirms that they're not comparable. Nobody ever said that Obama never deported anyone. What Obama did is nothing like what Trump is now doing, nor is how he did it. Though I'm not sure if that is the point you are trying to make... I actually don't know what point you are trying to make at all. Can you be more explicit, if you do indeed have a point? I actually thought we were talking about executive orders, and then you post this video about deportations during Obama's term. Maybe you're trying to show us how Obama was far more responsible about immigration/deportations than Trump is being?
    Sorry, didn't realize you were speaking specifically about executive orders. I was thinking about comparisons on a more broad level...such as deporting illegal immigrants.
    I don't think most people had or have a real problem with legal, relatively well-handled deportations of illegal immigrants (although I do remember a few stories where some people kind of fit into these brutal cracks in the system. FWIW, I didn't always like what the Obama administration did when it came to illegal immigrants, mostly when it came to their children). What people have a problem with is barring legal immigration and refugees based on their religion, turning down desperate victims of war and suppression, racism, halting visas that were already approved, preventing employees of American companies from being able to do their jobs and students from being able to continue their studies, etc etc etc. If you are looking at what Trump is doing and comparing it to deportations that happened to illegal immigrants during Obama's presidency, I don't know if you actually understand the issue at all..... You are talking about a completely different issue. We don't even know how Trump is going to actually deal with illegal immigrants in America yet.... Judging from what's happened since Jan 20th, it's probably going to be pretty horrible, whatever the plan ends up being.

While I agree it was super abrupt and disheartening to see it all go down, there's obvious reasons why the temporary ban needed to happen. No one wants to fuck with perfectly legit citizens, but something needed to be done. The 459 Islamic terrorist acts worldwide since 1979 should prove to any doubter beyond a reasonable doubt that there's one major threat worldwide these days. (Of course the argument that we the U.S. may fall into the aggressor category as well is fair game).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I guess you're right.... I suppose I don't have much faith in any of that, but I hope my lack of faith proves baseless. I think maybe I have the sense that they can do anything they want because that's what they did even when Obama was in office. They were able to keep him from appointing someone to the SCOTUS, which to me seemed illegal/unconstitutional... but it happened and nobody did anything about it for some reason. It seems to me like there are rules, but if someone decides they don't want to follow them, well.... that's the end of it.
    I wonder how many lawsuits have been filed against other leaders who set themselves up as dictators? What happened to them?
    The majority in the senate can make the rules. That's how we went from a simple majority to needing 60 votes to end a filibuster, the thought being it was a further check on the majority by requiring some minority party cross over. Now, they're talking about changing the rules to make cabinet approvals a simple majority and not 2/3s as stipulated in the constitution, hence the nuclear option. The senate is designed to be the more deliberative, level headed legislative body where cooler heads prevail as only 2/3s are up for re-election and the others have 2-4 years left to serve before they're up. The house has everyone up for re-election every two years so they're more volatile. But, it's seems the Repubs want to dispense with decorum and tradition and blow everything up.

The lawsuits consist of violating the constitution via abuse of executive power, skipping the checks/balances and criminal/treasonous. Censure, forced resignation, impeachment or not being re-elected are all potential outcomes. Time will tell. Follow the money.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.