Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    g under p said:

JC29856 said:

I would think that a politically motivated military raid for bragging purposes would have been conducted in Syria. The only country that Trump identified in the EO. That's the country that Trump could really pound his chest over. Yemen, is like picking on the short kid.

Yet that short kid put up a good fight.....The commandos going into the raid knew they were screwed that should never be. In future missions let's hope our Navy Seals are more prepared for the giant or that short kid.

Peace

I don't disagree, like I said seems like some usual circumstances surrounded the raid.

Do you think military personnel in general support Trump?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    JC29856 said:

I would think that a politically motivated military raid for bragging purposes would have been conducted in Syria. The only country that Trump identified in the EO. That's the country that Trump could really pound his chest over. Yemen, is like picking on the short kid.

Fitting since we have a middle school aged bully for a president. Trump is about making himself feel one way or another, and less about how his actions come across to others. He doesn't really care about other people or their perceptions. You're thinking he has some strategy, but narcissists don't need a strategy.

JC29856 said:

Fitting since we have a middle school aged bully for a president. Trump is about making himself feel one way or another, and less about how his actions come across to others. He doesn't really care about other people or their perceptions. You're thinking he has some strategy, but narcissists don't need a strategy.
    Let's back up here...
    I didn't say he has strategy, the redditor did, I was responding to a post about a politically motivated theory from reddit.
    Pay attention.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170
    JC29856 said:

g under p said:

JC29856 said:

Yet that short kid put up a good fight.....The commandos going into the raid knew they were screwed that should never be. In future missions let's hope our Navy Seals are more prepared for the giant or that short kid.

Peace

I don't disagree, like I said seems like some usual circumstances surrounded the raid.

Military personnel don't question those who are in command, they will follow orders and support those who are in charge the commander in chief etc. All they ask is to be given the proper equipment, weaponry and intelligence to complete their mission. Without those essentials going into a foreign country on these missions lessons their success rate considerably.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:

JC29856 said:

g under p said:

JC29856 said:

Peace

Military personnel don't question those who are in command, they will follow orders and support those who are in charge the commander in chief etc. All they ask is to be given the proper equipment, weaponry and intelligence to complete their mission. Without those essentials going into a foreign country on these missions lessons their success rate considerably.

Peace
    Let's back up here... I didn't ask if military personnel questions their leaders.
    I asked in general in your opinion does military personnel support trump?
    You're not obligated to answer, it wasn't a gotcha question.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    g under p said:

JC29856 said:

g under p said:

JC29856 said:

Peace

Peace
    Sounds like they are questioning their command now with all the leaks.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    JC29856 said:

Yes I can certainly see Trump running a raid in a vassal state of Russia... seems likely that Putin would be all good with that.
    JC29856 said:

g under p said:

JC29856 said:

g under p said:

JC29856 said:

Peace

Peace
    Let's back up here... I didn't ask if military personnel questions their leaders.
    I asked in general in your opinion does military personnel support trump?
    You're not obligated to answer, it wasn't a gotcha question.
    I didn't take it to be a gotcha question, I was just giving an overall analysis. The answer is yes absolutely.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

Yes I can certainly see Trump running a raid in a vassal state of Russia... seems likely that Putin would be all good with that.
    "Vassal"?
    careful with the mensa words. :dizzy:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,869
    edited February 2017

So, this guy and his tiny penis/hands complex are going to start costing a lot of young people their lives sooner rather than later.

This is all beyond insane. If people thought Obama apologizing for Bush was bad, they really won't like what's coming from the next president.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, won't get fooled again. Now watch me hit this tee shot.
    I hated that man with a passion, but I preferred him over the orange idiot.
    Trump makes Bush Jr. look like a fucking hippy genius, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Goodbye separation of church and state

Donald Trump vows to 'totally destroy' Johnson Amendment that stops churches funding political parties
    Comes as apparent leaked executive order promises to enshrine conservative Christian beliefs in policy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-destroy-johnson-amendment-religious-freedom-separation-church-state-a7559421.html
  • dignin said:

Goodbye separation of church and state

Donald Trump vows to 'totally destroy' Johnson Amendment that stops churches funding political parties
    Comes as apparent leaked executive order promises to enshrine conservative Christian beliefs in policy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-destroy-johnson-amendment-religious-freedom-separation-church-state-a7559421.html

Haha. Fuck this shit. What have you done.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Donald Trump’s administration is reportedly pushing to erase neo-Nazis and white supremacists from the US government’s counter-extremism programme by moving it to focus exclusively on Islamist terrorism.

American officials briefed on the proposed changes told Reuters the Countering Violent Extremism (DVE) initiative could be renamed to “Countering Radical Islamic Extremism”.

The reclassification would remove its work combating far-right attacks and mass shootings, such as the massacre of black churchgoers in Charleston, which are rarely classified as terrorism by American authorities.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    I thought trump would be a disaster. I had no concept of just how bad he was going to be. it's insane.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• I thought trump would be a disaster. I had no concept of just how bad he was going to be. it's insane.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/business/media/trump-arnold-schwarzenegger-apprentice.html

This was great
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

I thought trump would be a disaster. I had no concept of just how bad he was going to be. it's insane.

Yeah, same here. You all know I was extremely concerned about what he might do if he won .... I still had no idea things would be this bad. I mean, this is all CRAZY. I hope Americans don't collectively try to bury their heads in the sand as a kind of coping mechanism, because I'm pretty sure that is what allows dictatorships to rise.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, same here. You all know I was extremely concerned about what he might do if he won .... I still had no idea things would be this bad. I mean, this is all CRAZY. I hope Americans don't collectively try to bury their heads in the sand as a kind of coping mechanism, because I'm pretty sure that is what allows dictatorships to rise.
    49% of the Country agrees with his "Muslim Ban". It's happening.

PJ_Soul said:

49% of the Country agrees with his "Muslim Ban". It's happening.
    That was a shit poll, if it's the one I'm thinking of.
    This is a conservative with a warning. This is not a partisan issue.

How to Build an Autocracy
    The preconditions are present in the U.S. today. Here’s the playbook Donald Trump could use to set the country down a path toward illiberalism.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/03/how-to-build-an-autocracy/513872/

How Trump can build a U.S. autocracy: David Frum

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-february-2-2017-1.3962070/how-trump-can-build-a-u-s-autocracy-david-frum-1.3962090

Audio of the interview, which is scary shit.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/popup/audio/listen.html?autoPlay=true&mediaIds=868447811706

I'm only interested in the entertainment value, I can't tell you how many times I laugh out loud after reading his tweets. Last night I was flipping thru the various networks cracking up, you would have thought I was watching Steven Wright's greatest hits.
    Don't panic thou, the US dollar is still world currency, we still control NATO and the UN, we still have global intelligence and military presence, the Fed is still printing dollars faster than trumps tweeting and the sky hasn't fallen.
    JC29856 said:

I'm only interested in the entertainment value, I can't tell you how many times I laugh out loud after reading his tweets. Last night I was flipping thru the various networks cracking up, you would have thought I was watching Steven Wright's greatest hits.
    Don't panic thou, the US dollar is still world currency, we still control NATO and the UN, we still have global intelligence and military presence, the Fed is still printing dollars faster than trumps tweeting and the sky hasn't fallen.
    JC29856 said:

YET!

Peace

mrussel1 said:

FAKE NEWS!!

Not enough spelling mistakes.
    mrussel1 said:

That's hilarious!!!
    I here he is finally getting some well deserved recognition now!
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

That's hilarious!!!
    I here he is finally getting some well deserved recognition now!
    Yes Fred is really trending with the kids.. Trump is hearing all about it. Very popular.
    JC29856 said:

:lol: You just listed things that we really need to be worried about with Trump in charge.... but maybe you were being facetious. ;)
    mrussel1 said:

Pretty accurate - we know that Morgan Freeman would for sure be Frederick Douglas in any movie made about him. :tongue:
  • PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

Pretty accurate - we know that Morgan Freeman would for sure be Frederick Douglas in any movie made about him. :tongue:
    He should have used Fred Sanford.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405

completely insane.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

He should have used Fred Sanford.
    Yes, that would have been really funny.
This discussion has been closed.