Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• If you ignore the Trump and Obama bashing in the article, there are some facts to look at.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/article/444370/donald-trump-refugee-executive-order-no-muslim-ban-separating-fact-hysteria
    Iraq, Iran, Sudan, and Syria were listed in a 2015 and 2016 law (The "Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015" and its 2016 update adding Libya, Somalia, and Yemen).

Good article, good facts, refreshing.
    Jose you should read it.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

So here's where I assume many people are viewing the difference between what Obama proposed and what Trump signed the other day. I don't like that Obama even went as far as he did, but I honestly don't think people saw it going past a temporary situation. With Trump, who says it is temporary, the fear is that (shockingly) he's full of shit and that this EO will be extended time and time again and lead to the next logical progression- a Muslim registry in the US.

When you run a campaign playing on the public's fear, win that campaign and then start implementing your campaign promises- don't be surprised when people freak out and assume the worst in you.

Your arguing what ifs, the EO clearly states 90 days.
  • JC29856 said:

So here's where I assume many people are viewing the difference between what Obama proposed and what Trump signed the other day. I don't like that Obama even went as far as he did, but I honestly don't think people saw it going past a temporary situation. With Trump, who says it is temporary, the fear is that (shockingly) he's full of shit and that this EO will be extended time and time again and lead to the next logical progression- a Muslim registry in the US.

When you run a campaign playing on the public's fear, win that campaign and then start implementing your campaign promises- don't be surprised when people freak out and assume the worst in you.

Ledved has a point about the EO getting extended a few times.
    This is a transitional period leading up to the registry. It will take time but soon your country will have one.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

JC29856 said:

benjs said:

Woa! Woa! Woa! Because that's what I do. I print my name, I sign my name. And then when, I sing the pledge of allegiance. Because going to a wedding and entering a country are the same. Are you usually this misinformed? Or just hateful? Be honest.

Halifax, I mean this honestly: treating people who feel differently than you this poorly is not productive to showing them why they shouldn't. This goes for the Trump debates, but also any other topic in life, and there are a few prerequisites which without them, you're going to have a hard time changing minds

1. Don't attack character. If someone calls me a Nazi sympathizer and I'm not, that person's credibility is lost in my eyes, because I feel they fallaciously make conclusions.
    2. Don't make a battle out of a debate. If both of your objectives are truth and not war, then exposed knowledge which adds to a pile of data on which to pass judgment can only be a positive. Don't let winning be the objective, it must be discovery of the truth.
    3. Recognize the bias you have inherited, and that there is no shame in needing to consciously strip your opinions of the biases within you in order to reassess the truth of your opinions. It is not an attack to be reminded of bias.
    4. Just be respectful. We're living things here.

I'm sorry if you find this preachy, but I've found these to be things absent by and large in this community. I've probably forgotten them from time to time too but am trying to be more cognizant of them.
    I agree. I think when trying to relate to people who figure Trump is awesome... try to connect on common ground and then slowly but surely try to have them see things differently.

Allow me to demonstrate.

Trump lovers... here is a song I think of when I think of you:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WHMWZx7hvJk

"Trump lovers" and those that "figure trump is awesome", please raise your hand.
    As BS alluded to... the Trump lovers with remote levels of intelligence worship Trump secretly. Openly stating you really dig Trump is tantamount to coming out and saying something like, "Hitler wasn't all bad." It's just not going to go over very well at all socially.

There's only a few Trump supporters around here that have come out of the closet to cheer on their champion. That's why I posted that song for them- to brighten up their day and find some common ground with some music I think they'd like.
    The bolded part reminded me of a joke told by Ricky Gervais in his episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee with Seinfeld, the set up of which was "Say what you will about Hitler...". Included here for your Sunday enjoyment. The whole episode is funny but this segment starts about 8:50.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/ricky-gervais-mad-man-in-a-death-machine.

Adult version of Sunday morning cartoons for you all.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited January 2017

JC29856 said:

Ledved has a point about the EO getting extended a few times.
    This is a transitional period leading up to the registry. It will take time but soon your country will have one.
    Muslim registry
    You like math? Let's do some.

http://www.salon.com/2016/12/22/president-obama-is-ending-the-muslim-registry-program/

The Obama administration announced on Thursday that it will officially end the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System (NSEERS), a program that was primarily used to track Arab and Muslim men.

“D.H.S. ceased use of NSEERS more than five years ago, after it was determined the program was redundant, inefficient and provided no increase in security,” said Department of Homeland Security spokesman Neema Hakim in a statement.

2016 minus 5 equals 2011

Was a registry used for at least 3 years from 2009 to 2011/12?
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-sets-year-lifetime-lobbying-ban-officials-45115600

President Donald Trump acted Saturday to fulfill a key portion of his pledge to "drain the swamp" in Washington, banning administration officials from ever lobbying the U.S. on behalf of a foreign government and imposing a separate five-year ban on other lobbying.

Trump has said individuals who want to aid him in his quest to "Make America Great Again" should focus on the jobs they will be doing to help the American people, not thinking ahead to the future income they could rake in by peddling their influence after serving in government.

Hilarious. What a joke. The swamp has been filled not drained. Did Trump pass a law? Oh wait, did congress pass a law?
    So, you believe a tweet? You? Of all people? Should I tweet from Comet Pizza? My findings? Because I say so makes it true? BaaaaaaaaaaAaa!
    Yahoo should know.

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

For people who are still confused about Trump's support...which is clearly many of you...this should be read end to end. It explains so much.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/23/donald-trump-first-president-turn-postmodernism/

Looks like the author wasted a lot of time trying to present some sort of clever intellectualism in trump getting elected. Truth is relative? Thet's the stupidest thing I've read in awhile. The conclusion he comes up with is blaming liberals and people being "PC". He makes sweeping conclusions based on pop culture and anecdotal stories. At least the author writes well, to bad they wasted it on presenting their preformed conclusion.
    Bill Maher hit the same points last night

The PC police are cannibalizing the progressives
    I thought the liberal hollywood elite were the problem, now you're linking an elite because you agree? Picking something you don't like and conservatives don't like an calling it the reason Dems lost isn't the actual reason Dems lost. Bigots complain about people being "PC", but that complaint originates from the person being a bigot. Do you know a liberal who is not a bigot and also not PC? They don't really care if someone else is PC.

I call it Baio's or Voight's law.
  • @JC29856 wasn't NSEERS created by Pres G. Bush in Sept of 2002?

JC29856 said:

Here are the numbers behind trumps reinstatement and expansion of Obamas immigrant visa freeze:
    First 24 hrs
    109 were denied entry upon arrival.
    173 were denied to board incoming flights.
    Total travelers affected 375

That's 375 to many !!!!!
    Not really. Obviously something was flagged on them under further scrutiny. Good. I'm sure it's getting sorted out and entry may/may not be granted at a later date.

Latest tweet Somebody with aptitude and conviction should buy the FAKE NEWS and failing @nytimes and either run it correctly or let it fold with dignity! Our country needs strong borders and extreme vetting, NOW. Look what is happening all over Europe and, indeed, the world - a horrible mess!

Is there a way I can block you or you block me I really don't want to read your posts anymore
    Sadly I don't think we have that option here or he would have been on that in a hurry.
    edited January 2017
    Trump and Obama have something in common!

http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKKBN15D094

A U.S. commando died and three others were wounded a deadly dawn raid on the al Qaeda militant group in southern Yemen on Sunday, which was the first military operation authorized by U.S. President Donald Trump.

The U.S. military said 14 militants died in the attack on a powerful al Qaeda branch that has been a frequent target of U.S. drone strikes. Medics at the scene, however, said around 30 people, including 10 women and children, were killed.

Eight-year-old Anwar al-Awlaki, the daughter of U.S.-born Yemeni preacher and al Qaeda ideologue Anwar al-Awlaki, was among the children who died in the raid, according to her grandfather. Her father was killed in a U.S. drone strike in 2011.
    Rudy you ignorant slut!

@JC29856 wasn't NSEERS created by Pres G. Bush in Sept of 2002?

Yes...then adopted by Obama.
    my2hands said:

I fucking hate Illinois Nazi's

Torture them by making them watch the POS sequel. I haven't seen it but I saw enough of it on the Nostalgia Critic review to know it sucks bigly.
    vaggar99 said:
    No short haired yellow bellied son of Orange Hitler...
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427

Rudy you ignorant slut!
    his head matches his penis
  • JC29856 said:

Interesting to me how you leave that info out of your post.
    vaggar99 said:

Rudy you ignorant slut!
    His head is small?

vaggar99 said:

Rudy you ignorant slut!
    His head is small?
    every time i see him i'm waiting for a white stream to spew out the top of his head.

JC29856 said:

Why? Nobody is defending W. The point is where were all righteous when Obama implemented visa bans, where were they when Obama adopted used a registry. I still haven't seen a single post about the west bank wall we paid for.
    Are you trying to compare W to Obama?
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Posts: 1,019
    edited January 2017
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Why? Nobody is defending W. The point is where were all righteous when Obama implemented visa bans, where were they when Obama adopted used a registry. I still haven't seen a single post about the west bank wall we paid for.
    No I'm not at all.
    Just feel you slant things the way you post to blame Obama.

*edited for typo
    Post edited by RunIntoTheRain on
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

And what I'm trying to get across to you is that while I didn't like Obama's decision, I felt like that was the end of the line. However, 7 days into a new administration (after over a year + of calling for a ban), there's a logical reason to believe that this isn't the end of the line with Trump's actions. I honestly see no limit to how far this man will go here and that's very upsetting.
    Google aclu and Obama...while the righteous were drooling the aclu fought Obama tooth and nail over visa bans and deportation.

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

No I'm not at all.
    Just feel you slant things the way you post to blame Ohama.
    That's the easy answer...nobody is blaming Obama although I know everyone loves to throw that around.
    It's no slant to point out to the droolers that Obama issued visa bans and used a registry and ask...why I haven't I heard from you before. The slant is the hypocrisy of hysterically screaming now but snoozing then.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    JC29856 said:

Google aclu and Obama...while the righteous were drooling the aclu fought Obama tooth and nail over visa bans and deportation.

But Obama Obama Obama.

This is the muddy waters I'm talking about. If you were upset about what Obama was doing back then, I don't remember hearing about it from you then. But it works for you now. If you were upset about it then, you should be happy that people are upset about it now. They are on your side now.

I don't believe for one second you give a shit.
    its the execution. these clowns couldn't run a fucking lemonade stand. fuck!!!!!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JC29856 said:

And what were you doing? Russia, Russia, Russia, I guess.
    You seem to be rapidly approaching troll status.
    After months of watching your posts closely, I can't decipher what you actually believe about anything, aside from the obvious love of stirring shit and being contrarian.

You are against everything, including Trump, at least until someone else says something negative, then you defend what you maligned previously.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited January 2017
    dignin said:

JC29856 said:

But Obama Obama Obama.

This is the muddy waters I'm talking about. If you were upset about what Obama was doing back then, I don't remember hearing about it from you then. But it works for you now. If you were upset about it then, you should be happy that people are upset about it now. They are on your side now.

I don't believe for one second you give a shit.
    You want me to go find my posts to jog your memory? I'll update this post shortly...

Just 4 years ago

Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 6,671
    September 2012 Flag
    I didn't post it in its entirety or name the speaker to avoid bias. The question is do you agree with it or not (ignoring who wrote or delivered it)?

I would throw our recent presidents in the murderous, ethnic cleansing ignoring, (define madman) suppression of people vs corporations and deny certain faiths (Islam) category too.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    vaggar99 said:

its the execution. these clowns couldn't run a fucking lemonade stand. fuck!!!!!

They should have (well, never done it) delayed it for a couple of days/weeks to get all of the agencies up to speed on how this would be implemented. But they just HAD to get it out that day. On Holocaust Remembrance Day. I want to say that they rushed it out to offset leaks...but it doesn't pass the smell test. Knowing how the President loves acts of theater, I'm sure the element of surprise was part of it by catching everyone off guard.
This discussion has been closed.