Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

Look how concerned the media is for this returning immigrant and his child. So very concerned, especially about the very young tired and weary child.

Sure. As you say Herr Goering.
    I thought you said uncle...
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,941
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Look how concerned the media is for this returning immigrant and his child. So very concerned, especially about the very young tired and weary child.

Drinking on AMT can be fun, but also risky. Review posts Sunday morning.

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Me or you? Which posts would you like sobriety checked? Why wait
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

This is all im going to say...

15 out of the 19 Hijackers on 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia... trained and planned from Afghanistan by a Saudi, Bin Laden, who was found in Pakistan....

and none of those 3 countries are on the ban list

I believe America will only become stronger from all of this in the long run. I'm a hopeful guy

I'm no fan of the green card aspect to this but you know that it's Obama's list from the Terrorism Travel Prevention Act of 2015 right?

This will be litigated and it will be Obama's law that will be used by Trump to defend his actions.
    2011 Iraqi 6 month ban

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2011/07/13/world/middleeast/13baghdad.html

As a result of the Kentucky case, the State Department stopped processing Iraq refugees for six months in 2011, federal officials told ABC News – even for many who had heroically helped U.S. forces as interpreters and intelligence assets. One Iraqi who had aided American troops was assassinated before his refugee application could be processed, because of the immigration delays, two U.S. officials said. In 2011, fewer than 10,000 Iraqis were resettled as refugees in the U.S., half the number from the year before, State Department statistics show.
    This one is very sobering!
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,941
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

This is all im going to say...

15 out of the 19 Hijackers on 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia... trained and planned from Afghanistan by a Saudi, Bin Laden, who was found in Pakistan....

and none of those 3 countries are on the ban list

I believe America will only become stronger from all of this in the long run. I'm a hopeful guy

I'm no fan of the green card aspect to this but you know that it's Obama's list from the Terrorism Travel Prevention Act of 2015 right?

This will be litigated and it will be Obama's law that will be used by Trump to defend his actions.
    2011 Iraqi 6 month ban

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2011/07/13/world/middleeast/13baghdad.html

As a result of the Kentucky case, the State Department stopped processing Iraq refugees for six months in 2011, federal officials told ABC News – even for many who had heroically helped U.S. forces as interpreters and intelligence assets. One Iraqi who had aided American troops was assassinated before his refugee application could be processed, because of the immigration delays, two U.S. officials said. In 2011, fewer than 10,000 Iraqis were resettled as refugees in the U.S., half the number from the year before, State Department statistics show.
    This one is very sobering!
    We're calling Candy Finnigan for an intervention.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,121
    Good morning America land of the exclusive land of bigotry land of Bafoon Bafoon Bafoon's followers, there's a few here !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Here are the numbers behind trumps reinstatement and expansion of Obamas immigrant visa freeze:
    First 24 hrs
    109 were denied entry upon arrival.
    173 were denied to board incoming flights.
    Total travelers affected 375
    JC29856 said:

Here are the numbers behind trumps reinstatement and expansion of Obamas immigrant visa freeze:
    First 24 hrs

That's 375 to many !!!!!
    I'm hoping for a stroke to hit Bafoon please ASAP ! !

JC29856 said:

First 24 hrs

That's 375 to many !!!!!
    I agree...in Trumps book time to get tough hate states Saudi Arabia is the largest funder of terrorism. Obviously he cannot include SA given our oil addiction.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

always. :) im often surprised by the fact im ok with what ive posted under the influence. in veritas vino ;):)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Who here knew the author of the 7 country ban list was Barack Obama?

Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan December 2015
    Libya, Somalia, Yemen February 2016

JC29856 said:

Did he put it into effect at anytime during his 8 yrs ?

JC29856 said:

Yes...review preceding pages.
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Yes...review preceding pages.
    Were any travelers held @airports like yesterday ?
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096
    edited January 2017

Woa! Woa! Woa! Because that's what I do. I print my name, I sign my name. And then when, I sing the pledge of allegiance. Because going to a wedding and entering a country are the same. Are you usually this misinformed? Or just hateful? Be honest.

Halifax, I mean this honestly: treating people who feel differently than you this poorly is not productive to showing them why they shouldn't. This goes for the Trump debates, but also any other topic in life, and there are a few prerequisites which without them, you're going to have a hard time changing minds

1. Don't attack character. If someone calls me a Nazi sympathizer and I'm not, that person's credibility is lost in my eyes, because I feel they fallaciously make conclusions.
    2. Don't make a battle out of a debate. If both of your objectives are truth and not war, then exposed knowledge which adds to a pile of data on which to pass judgment can only be a positive. Don't let winning be the objective, it must be discovery of the truth.
    3. Recognize the bias you have inherited, and that there is no shame in needing to consciously strip your opinions of the biases within you in order to reassess the truth of your opinions. It is not an attack to be reminded of bias.
    4. Just be respectful. We're living things here.

I'm sorry if you find this preachy, but I've found these to be things absent by and large in this community. I've probably forgotten them from time to time too but am trying to be more cognizant of them.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,376
    Spicer is on George Stephanopolous' show blaming Obama for putting these people on "the list"
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • JC29856 said:

First 24 hrs

That's 375 to many !!!!!
    Not really. Obviously something was flagged on them under further scrutiny. Good. I'm sure it's getting sorted out and entry may/may not be granted at a later date.

Latest tweet Somebody with aptitude and conviction should buy the FAKE NEWS and failing @nytimes and either run it correctly or let it fold with dignity! Our country needs strong borders and extreme vetting, NOW. Look what is happening all over Europe and, indeed, the world - a horrible mess!

• Did anyone here consider this day in history?
    Latest tweet Today, we remember the crew of the Space Shuttle Challenger, 31 years later. #NeverForget

Are you kidding us dude there are people at airports being held for no reason at all this is a total lunacy from president Bafoon !
    There are millions of people coming to America that don't know the challenger disaster. Why?

I really hate your freaking guts more than ever and virtually spit on your face.

I take the guts part back, actually. You never had any in the first place. You are objective scum.
    You really don't like President Trump do you?
    Relax, he is one man.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

JC29856 said:

First 24 hrs

That's 375 to many !!!!!
    Not really. Obviously something was flagged on them under further scrutiny. Good. I'm sure it's getting sorted out and entry may/may not be granted at a later date.

Latest tweet Somebody with aptitude and conviction should buy the FAKE NEWS and failing @nytimes and either run it correctly or let it fold with dignity! Our country needs strong borders and extreme vetting, NOW. Look what is happening all over Europe and, indeed, the world - a horrible mess!

Wrong.

Also, Trump is wrong, or a liar, nytimes is doing well and is growing in response to Trump's moronic statements.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?

JC29856 said:

First 24 hrs

That's 375 to many !!!!!

Is there a way I can block you or you block me I really don't want to read your posts anymore
  • “It’s not a Muslim ban, but we were totally prepared,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office. “You see it at the airports, you see it all over. It’s working out very nicely, and we’re going to have a very, very strict ban, and we’re going to have extreme vetting, which we should have had in this country for many years.”
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/judge-halts-deportations-as-refugee-ban-causes-worldwide-furor/ar-AAmmjR0?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartanntp
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Anybody that supports the agenda of the 1st week of Trump needs to get a swastika tattoo and brush up on their German

Resist. Coexist.
    I fucking hate Illinois Nazi's
  • benjs said:

Woa! Woa! Woa! Because that's what I do. I print my name, I sign my name. And then when, I sing the pledge of allegiance. Because going to a wedding and entering a country are the same. Are you usually this misinformed? Or just hateful? Be honest.

Halifax, I mean this honestly: treating people who feel differently than you this poorly is not productive to showing them why they shouldn't. This goes for the Trump debates, but also any other topic in life, and there are a few prerequisites which without them, you're going to have a hard time changing minds

1. Don't attack character. If someone calls me a Nazi sympathizer and I'm not, that person's credibility is lost in my eyes, because I feel they fallaciously make conclusions.
    2. Don't make a battle out of a debate. If both of your objectives are truth and not war, then exposed knowledge which adds to a pile of data on which to pass judgment can only be a positive. Don't let winning be the objective, it must be discovery of the truth.
    3. Recognize the bias you have inherited, and that there is no shame in needing to consciously strip your opinions of the biases within you in order to reassess the truth of your opinions. It is not an attack to be reminded of bias.
    4. Just be respectful. We're living things here.

I'm sorry if you find this preachy, but I've found these to be things absent by and large in this community. I've probably forgotten them from time to time too but am trying to be more cognizant of them.
    I agree. I think when trying to relate to people who figure Trump is awesome... try to connect on common ground and then slowly but surely try to have them see things differently.

Allow me to demonstrate.

Trump lovers... here is a song I think of when I think of you:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WHMWZx7hvJk

"My brain's a good brain!"
  • Latest tweet and it's true. Don't read it Jose.
    Christians in the Middle-East have been executed in large numbers. We cannot allow this horror to continue!
    https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump
    Where is the ban list for white men with mental health issues? Oklahoma City... Columbine... Aurora... Newtown... Charleston...

I guess we just keep the AR-15 express lane open for them...

Wake the fuck up America
This discussion has been closed.