Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• ^^^
    I don't recall him being Canadian as the banter has gone on over time.
    All I know is that some focus far too much on American politics than Canadian.
    If there was as much passion on AMT from the Canadians to discuss govt policy in Canada as there is for President Trump it would be a breath of fresh air.
    So, Benjs, bump the Canadian redux thread and state your opinion about the statement from our PMs wife about IWD.

oh jesus. people can post wherever the fuck they want to. the current state of our world is more at stake with trump than it is with trudeau.

should israelis only post in the israel thread?
    Or compelled to?

I think this is what fan is getting at.
    the state of our politics in canada aren't nearly as dire as the state of politics in the states. there's not nearly as much to discuss because of that. the US directly impacts canada, not to mention most of the globe.

if trudeau had beaten harper and it was found out that china had POSSIBLY something to do with it, and we had the same war-happy government and size of military the US does, we'd be talking over there just as much.
    Don't get me wrong... I get it.

Are you looking at buying McCready's book?
    not after I saw the price. I'd love to see it, but for $80US with exchange and shipping.....why?
    I'm thinking of doing it. Needed a nudge- someone to tell me, "Duh. Of course I'm getting it!"
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,520

^^^
    If there was as much passion on AMT from the Canadians to discuss govt policy in Canada as there is for President Trump it would be a breath of fresh air.
    So, Benjs, bump the Canadian redux thread and state your opinion about the statement from our PMs wife about IWD.

oh jesus. people can post wherever the fuck they want to. the current state of our world is more at stake with trump than it is with trudeau.

Or compelled to?

the state of our politics in canada aren't nearly as dire as the state of politics in the states. there's not nearly as much to discuss because of that. the US directly impacts canada, not to mention most of the globe.

if trudeau had beaten harper and it was found out that china had POSSIBLY something to do with it, and we had the same war-happy government and size of military the US does, we'd be talking over there just as much.

not after I saw the price. I'd love to see it, but for $80US with exchange and shipping.....why?
    I'm thinking of doing it. Needed a nudge- someone to tell me, "Duh. Of course I'm getting it!"
    sounds like you might regret it if you don't. so do it.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405

^^^

Or compelled to?

nudge
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    not going to get it myself, but may opt for the standard version down the road.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888

^^^

Or compelled to?

sounds like you might regret it if you don't. so do it.
    Yeah, I figure if you're really on the fence, it's best to fall on the side of buying (I'm personally not even tempted because of the price. I will never regret not buying it because it just isn't worth the $150+ CAD or whatever it works out to, IMO)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    I'm going standard version...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173
    Ok back on topic folks we can't ever stop magnifying this administration policy...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2017

Six paragraphs in. Holy shit. Unprecedented. Worst president ever.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/opinions/working-for-trump-reputation-risk-dantonio/index.html

Seriously, BS? GF? Unsung? PJF? How do you guys/gals defend this? How do you let it pass? Fake news? Partisan sniping? Just give him a chance? Trump is becoming untenable. He's not long for the office. Slow, slow burn then BOOM!

I choose Partisan sniping. The article stated valid opinions however not one of them affects you or I directly at all on any given day.
    To coax a reader into a lull while reading this article thinking that is a balanced opinion piece then it ends with this shit insult to President Trump
    And in chimpanzee colonies, which McAdams notes "do not have democratic institutions," the dominance mode comes with guaranteed chaos. "Things always end badly for the alpha chimp," he said, who torments his underlings until the moment he is overthrown

CNN - Completely Neutered Nonsense
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
    i prefer Corporate News Network although the OF himself called it the Clinton News Network
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173

Six paragraphs in. Holy shit. Unprecedented. Worst president ever.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/opinions/working-for-trump-reputation-risk-dantonio/index.html

Seriously, BS? GF? Unsung? PJF? How do you guys/gals defend this? How do you let it pass? Fake news? Partisan sniping? Just give him a chance? Trump is becoming untenable. He's not long for the office. Slow, slow burn then BOOM!

I choose Partisan sniping. The article stated valid opinions however not one of them affects you or I directly at all on any given day.
    To coax a reader into a lull while reading this article thinking that is a balanced opinion piece then it ends with this shit insult to President Trump
    And in chimpanzee colonies, which McAdams notes "do not have democratic institutions," the dominance mode comes with guaranteed chaos. "Things always end badly for the alpha chimp," he said, who torments his underlings until the moment he is overthrown

CNN - Completely Neutered Nonsense
    lol the truth is in the pudding your boy is a disaster and will continue to be until his thrown from the bus ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    edited March 2017
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

I just want to throw this out there, and I apologize in advance if I offend.

I agree that if Trump contacted people within Russia to hack the voting machines and change the results, there's a serious issue here. If, however, Trump or his cabinet have been reaching out to Russia to encourage them them to produce propaganda to sway the election by influencing citizens' opinions, is there truly anything wrong with this? Sure, this would be morally hard to swallow, but it wouldn't be illegal per se (nor would it be unprecedented amidst the litany of partially or entirely false news circulated online and on television). In addition, it begs a better question: just how dumb/gullible/manipulatable/unaccountable/mentally lazy are Americans that a flood of unsubstantiated and unverifiable allegations are spread, that sound incredibly farfetched (golden shower orgy with a billionaire and several Russian prostitutes, I'm looking at you), and people run - not walk - to insist that it is either true or false based on what constitutes confirmation bias, without even doing their due diligence on researching the source, or the source's source?

People have, do, and continue to do as much as they can get away with to seize as much power as they can. It's for this reason (and the paradoxical capitalist democracy) that I don't believe Trump will be an anomaly, but rather a new and typical kind of politician, unless America can seriously put a focus on thinking critically and independently. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be this administration that encourages this mindset, so it'll have to be a grassroots effort.

Am I crazy for thinking this?

The allegation is not that Russia hacked voting machines. It's that 17 US intelligence agencies are in agreement that Russia hacked the email servers of Trump's opponent, Hillary and Podesta, and gave them to Wikileaks for release. The republican platform was modified to take a more pro-Russian stance July 18-21. Three days later, podesta's emails were released thus influencing the outcome of the election. The question is: who on the Trump csmpaign knew it and when did they know it, was there collusion, and were there any other agreements between the ilks? Why the lies, denials of facts, resignations and recusal if there's nothing there? Trump still won't release his tax returns, why? What is he hiding? If nothing, release them.
    Russia hacked Hillary's server? That's news...the official line is that while her private server had minimal security and was likely hacked there is no evidence of that. Her 30000 missing emails werE not released bu Wikileaks. The DNC was hacked and Podesta fell victim to a phishing scam. The FBI wasn't given access to the DNC server though post-hacking. The dems hired their own private company and passed on the report to the agencies. These agencies concluded that Russia did the hacking and are probably correct but the Vault 7 CIA dump shows that there is now technology that can essentially leave the fingerprints of any foreign country. What does this mean? It means that even though the hacks and phishing scam were quite likely perpetrated by Russia no longer can anybody claim this as a certainty. The questions you ask are meaningless. As per Rolling Stone it is overhyped nonsense. The tax returns are the new birth certificate. You are becoming Birther Trump which is my least favourite Trump.
    Ummm, sure professor. There's nothing to see. Absolutely clean as a whistle. Just keep making shit up again. Tell me, was it a certainty that Obama tapped trump's tower? Spin baby spin.
    I hope the investigation starts digging into the Podesta Group now that the Trump/Russia angle appears to be done.

http://tass.com/economy/934699

Why would Russia hire Tony Podesta to lobby for the removal of sanctions and then hack John? Add this to a shadily approved Uranium deal and we begin approaching "collusion" territory. Where there is smoke there must be fire right? Somebody get Halifax2TheMaxineWaters the raw intelligence!
    Tass? Really? What's next? Stalin's Comrade? Or something from Goebbles? That seems more likely seeing its Trump we're talking about. I have to admit I laughed out loud at the Maxine references. I met with her once. She'll be way more of a politico in the corridors of power than you or I will ever be behind our keyboards. Something tells me that she'll have the last laugh. Care to dispute Susan Collins stating we might need to request Trump's tax returns? Distract and deflect.
    I guess Russia Today was too reputable.
    I guess you guys don't read the links within links.
    Like to Comet Pizza? Ewwwww.
    Actually the TASS article links to the Daily Caller which confirms it's reporting on Podesta.

This is the same Daily Caller that is linked to in your Vox article on Flynn.

Looks like you have a hard time deciding when the Daily Caller is or is not an acceptable source.

It looks quite possible however that this might be the real reason why Flynn was dumped. If he concealed this then it is a massive no no.
    You're jumping to conclusions. I never opined on the Flynn article or the Daily CAller. If I'm not mistaken, isn't that Tucker Carlson's rag? If so... then no thanks.

But.. your attempt to put Halifax or whomever in a box is a little weak. I don't think there's a dispute that either the Hill opinion piece existed or that Flynn filed with State or whichever agency as a foreign agent. Believing or disbelieving this Vox article is not dependent on an opinion of the Daily Caller.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • The weekly address to the Americans seemed allright. 15 sec delay before it starts. Thoughts H2M?
    https://www.facebook.com/WhiteHouse/videos/1244889762265421/
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    Tiki said:
    AMAZING! The same data source is now legitimate, miraculously one month later. Wow. What a magician. Oh.. wait. what a lying sack of shit.
  • From this article http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/jobs-report-no-longer-phoney-trump-says-now-that-its-his/ar-AAo7jHR?ocid=spartanntp
    What a difference from last year's presidential campaign, when Trump repeatedly assailed the report's legitimacy.
    Back then, candidate Trump denounced "phoney unemployment numbers" he claimed had been invented to make the Democrats look good.
    "Don't believe those phoney numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 per cent unemployment. The number's probably 28, 29, as high as 35," he said last February, on the day of the New Hampshire presidential primary.
    "The 5 per cent figure is one of the biggest hoaxes in modern politics," he said.
    That's last year's 5 per cent, not the new numbers reported on his watch.
    Asked about the apparent disconnect, Spicer offered a smile and a quip: "I talked to the president prior to this, and he said to quote him very clearly: 'They may have been phoney in the past, but it's very real now.'"

Who is right about this President Trump or the press?
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761

From this article http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/jobs-report-no-longer-phoney-trump-says-now-that-its-his/ar-AAo7jHR?ocid=spartanntp
    What a difference from last year's presidential campaign, when Trump repeatedly assailed the report's legitimacy.
    Back then, candidate Trump denounced "phoney unemployment numbers" he claimed had been invented to make the Democrats look good.
    "Don't believe those phoney numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 per cent unemployment. The number's probably 28, 29, as high as 35," he said last February, on the day of the New Hampshire presidential primary.
    "The 5 per cent figure is one of the biggest hoaxes in modern politics," he said.
    That's last year's 5 per cent, not the new numbers reported on his watch.
    Asked about the apparent disconnect, Spicer offered a smile and a quip: "I talked to the president prior to this, and he said to quote him very clearly: 'They may have been phoney in the past, but it's very real now.'"

Who is right about this President Trump or the press?

What? Obviously it's not the guy saying the nimvers are"phony" when he's running for office and now says that the numbers are fine once he's in office and they come out on his watch. How do you defend that?
  • ^^^
    Bill Clinton did it.
    That's a stupid argument. If Clinton did it, it's just as moronic as Trump doing it now.
    It's okay to say that your side is being moronic. It doesn't make you a bad person, you know?
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2017

That's a stupid argument. If Clinton did it, it's just as moronic as Trump doing it now.
    It's okay to say that your side is being moronic. It doesn't make you a bad person, you know?

I'm done doing the research and posting the source again that Bill Clinton publicly said just use math and numbers when speaking to the public.
    Are the numbers wrong that both President Trump and the press are stating right now?

I'm done doing the research and posting the source again that Bill Clinton publicly said just use math and numbers when speaking to the public.
    Are the numbers wrong that both President Trump and the press are stating right now?
    No. The numbers aren't wrong. Anyone who believes the numbers are actually 20-35% is a fucking moron.
  • That's a stupid argument. If Clinton did it, it's just as moronic as Trump doing it now.

No. The numbers aren't wrong. Anyone who believes the numbers are actually 20-35% is a fucking moron.
    So what are the actual numbers that you would like people to know then?
    Source?

Bingo.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

Source?
    I'll offer the same evidence as you:

Source?
    I'll offer the same evidence as you:

The numbers put out by the Department of Labor are accurate. They were accurate under every previous president and they're accurate now with Trump.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

I agree that if Trump contacted people within Russia to hack the voting machines and change the results, there's a serious issue here. If, however, Trump or his cabinet have been reaching out to Russia to encourage them them to produce propaganda to sway the election by influencing citizens' opinions, is there truly anything wrong with this? Sure, this would be morally hard to swallow, but it wouldn't be illegal per se (nor would it be unprecedented amidst the litany of partially or entirely false news circulated online and on television). In addition, it begs a better question: just how dumb/gullible/manipulatable/unaccountable/mentally lazy are Americans that a flood of unsubstantiated and unverifiable allegations are spread, that sound incredibly farfetched (golden shower orgy with a billionaire and several Russian prostitutes, I'm looking at you), and people run - not walk - to insist that it is either true or false based on what constitutes confirmation bias, without even doing their due diligence on researching the source, or the source's source?

People have, do, and continue to do as much as they can get away with to seize as much power as they can. It's for this reason (and the paradoxical capitalist democracy) that I don't believe Trump will be an anomaly, but rather a new and typical kind of politician, unless America can seriously put a focus on thinking critically and independently. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be this administration that encourages this mindset, so it'll have to be a grassroots effort.

The allegation is not that Russia hacked voting machines. It's that 17 US intelligence agencies are in agreement that Russia hacked the email servers of Trump's opponent, Hillary and Podesta, and gave them to Wikileaks for release. The republican platform was modified to take a more pro-Russian stance July 18-21. Three days later, podesta's emails were released thus influencing the outcome of the election. The question is: who on the Trump csmpaign knew it and when did they know it, was there collusion, and were there any other agreements between the ilks? Why the lies, denials of facts, resignations and recusal if there's nothing there? Trump still won't release his tax returns, why? What is he hiding? If nothing, release them.
    Russia hacked Hillary's server? That's news...the official line is that while her private server had minimal security and was likely hacked there is no evidence of that. Her 30000 missing emails werE not released bu Wikileaks. The DNC was hacked and Podesta fell victim to a phishing scam. The FBI wasn't given access to the DNC server though post-hacking. The dems hired their own private company and passed on the report to the agencies. These agencies concluded that Russia did the hacking and are probably correct but the Vault 7 CIA dump shows that there is now technology that can essentially leave the fingerprints of any foreign country. What does this mean? It means that even though the hacks and phishing scam were quite likely perpetrated by Russia no longer can anybody claim this as a certainty. The questions you ask are meaningless. As per Rolling Stone it is overhyped nonsense. The tax returns are the new birth certificate. You are becoming Birther Trump which is my least favourite Trump.
    no. birthers are not the same as tax returners. trump made up lies out of nothing, you know, his unnamed sources he now says should be forced to name themselves? every president has released his tax returns. he said he would if he won. now he says he won't. why is that? why not release them if there's nothing to hide? because it would most likely lead to, at best, collosal embarassment (not as rich as he claims), or at worst, impeachment and possibly jail.
    The reason not to release them is that he already won without releasing them. I have zero idea what is in them but the fact he hasn't released them drives his opposition insane. It distracts them and keeps them foaming at the mouth. The next election will not hinge on his tax returns but it will prevent the democrats from unifying on a platform. You are right that the returns are not the same as the birth certificate but the left will chase them all the same and it is the chase that will cause lead to self destruction.

The numbers put out by the Department of Labor are accurate. They were accurate under every previous president and they're accurate now with Trump.

if the numbers were as inflated as he claimed, the country would be fucked.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • The numbers put out by the Department of Labor are accurate. They were accurate under every previous president and they're accurate now with Trump.

What number is it at now?

^^^

Or compelled to?

I'm getting the deluxe version for sure. Here's why... was strolling through Oslo with my buddy the day after the 2014 PJ show. We were just wandering kind of lost and were talking reminiscing over Mike smashing one of the swinging globes with his guitar during Porch. Just as we were talking about it we turned a corner and there was Mike alone taking pictures of random shit with his polaroid. We stopped to talked to him and he was the nicest guy of course. Had a handful of polaroids and you could tell he just really enjoyed the hobby and art of these photographs. My buddy and I walked away saying "great guy and man would we like to look through his pictures".
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

Ummm, sure professor. There's nothing to see. Absolutely clean as a whistle. Just keep making shit up again. Tell me, was it a certainty that Obama tapped trump's tower? Spin baby spin.
    I hope the investigation starts digging into the Podesta Group now that the Trump/Russia angle appears to be done.

http://tass.com/economy/934699

Why would Russia hire Tony Podesta to lobby for the removal of sanctions and then hack John? Add this to a shadily approved Uranium deal and we begin approaching "collusion" territory. Where there is smoke there must be fire right? Somebody get Halifax2TheMaxineWaters the raw intelligence!
    Tass? Really? What's next? Stalin's Comrade? Or something from Goebbles? That seems more likely seeing its Trump we're talking about. I have to admit I laughed out loud at the Maxine references. I met with her once. She'll be way more of a politico in the corridors of power than you or I will ever be behind our keyboards. Something tells me that she'll have the last laugh. Care to dispute Susan Collins stating we might need to request Trump's tax returns? Distract and deflect.
    I guess Russia Today was too reputable.
    I guess you guys don't read the links within links.
    Like to Comet Pizza? Ewwwww.
    Actually the TASS article links to the Daily Caller which confirms it's reporting on Podesta.

This is the same Daily Caller that is linked to in your Vox article on Flynn.

Looks like you have a hard time deciding when the Daily Caller is or is not an acceptable source.

It looks quite possible however that this might be the real reason why Flynn was dumped. If he concealed this then it is a massive no no.
    You're jumping to conclusions. I never opined on the Flynn article or the Daily CAller. If I'm not mistaken, isn't that Tucker Carlson's rag? If so... then no thanks.

But.. your attempt to put Halifax or whomever in a box is a little weak. I don't think there's a dispute that either the Hill opinion piece existed or that Flynn filed with State or whichever agency as a foreign agent. Believing or disbelieving this Vox article is not dependent on an opinion of the Daily Caller.
    I am not denying the Flynn/Turkey story at all and you won't catch me defending it. It's very problematic in my eyes. My point in the above comment is that the Podesta story is real as well. I don't think anybody is denying it and the only reason it is not a bigger deal is that Hillary lost so Podesta's lobbying has for the most part become irrelevant. I don't fully understand the law on when someone is supposed to register but I would bet Flynn didn't because like everybody else nobody thought Trump would actually win.
This discussion has been closed.