Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    Watch the video as well before responding from this article to keep a balance http://www.smh.com.au/world/donald-trump-invites-palestinian-leader-mahmoud-abbas-to-white-house-20170311-guvzu0.html
    President Trump has extended an official invitation to President Abbas to visit the White House soon to discuss ways to resume the political process, stressing his commitment to a peace process that will lead to a real peace between the Palestinians and the Israelis," said Abbas spokesman Nabil Abu Rdainah.

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025

Watch the video as well before responding from this article to keep a balance http://www.smh.com.au/world/donald-trump-invites-palestinian-leader-mahmoud-abbas-to-white-house-20170311-guvzu0.html
    President Trump has extended an official invitation to President Abbas to visit the White House soon to discuss ways to resume the political process, stressing his commitment to a peace process that will lead to a real peace between the Palestinians and the Israelis," said Abbas spokesman Nabil Abu Rdainah.

DJT is the last good goddamned person who should be talking to the Palestinians or anyone else.
    It's reckless.
    He shouldn't be talking to the person who takes orders at the drive thru at Taco Bell.

He's got Native Americans marching in DC...why not address those concerns?
    Ignoreland 2.0.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

I just want to throw this out there, and I apologize in advance if I offend.

I agree that if Trump contacted people within Russia to hack the voting machines and change the results, there's a serious issue here. If, however, Trump or his cabinet have been reaching out to Russia to encourage them them to produce propaganda to sway the election by influencing citizens' opinions, is there truly anything wrong with this? Sure, this would be morally hard to swallow, but it wouldn't be illegal per se (nor would it be unprecedented amidst the litany of partially or entirely false news circulated online and on television). In addition, it begs a better question: just how dumb/gullible/manipulatable/unaccountable/mentally lazy are Americans that a flood of unsubstantiated and unverifiable allegations are spread, that sound incredibly farfetched (golden shower orgy with a billionaire and several Russian prostitutes, I'm looking at you), and people run - not walk - to insist that it is either true or false based on what constitutes confirmation bias, without even doing their due diligence on researching the source, or the source's source?

People have, do, and continue to do as much as they can get away with to seize as much power as they can. It's for this reason (and the paradoxical capitalist democracy) that I don't believe Trump will be an anomaly, but rather a new and typical kind of politician, unless America can seriously put a focus on thinking critically and independently. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be this administration that encourages this mindset, so it'll have to be a grassroots effort.

Am I crazy for thinking this?

The allegation is not that Russia hacked voting machines. It's that 17 US intelligence agencies are in agreement that Russia hacked the email servers of Trump's opponent, Hillary and Podesta, and gave them to Wikileaks for release. The republican platform was modified to take a more pro-Russian stance July 18-21. Three days later, podesta's emails were released thus influencing the outcome of the election. The question is: who on the Trump csmpaign knew it and when did they know it, was there collusion, and were there any other agreements between the ilks? Why the lies, denials of facts, resignations and recusal if there's nothing there? Trump still won't release his tax returns, why? What is he hiding? If nothing, release them.
    Russia hacked Hillary's server? That's news...the official line is that while her private server had minimal security and was likely hacked there is no evidence of that. Her 30000 missing emails werE not released bu Wikileaks. The DNC was hacked and Podesta fell victim to a phishing scam. The FBI wasn't given access to the DNC server though post-hacking. The dems hired their own private company and passed on the report to the agencies. These agencies concluded that Russia did the hacking and are probably correct but the Vault 7 CIA dump shows that there is now technology that can essentially leave the fingerprints of any foreign country. What does this mean? It means that even though the hacks and phishing scam were quite likely perpetrated by Russia no longer can anybody claim this as a certainty. The questions you ask are meaningless. As per Rolling Stone it is overhyped nonsense. The tax returns are the new birth certificate. You are becoming Birther Trump which is my least favourite Trump.
    no. birthers are not the same as tax returners. trump made up lies out of nothing, you know, his unnamed sources he now says should be forced to name themselves? every president has released his tax returns. he said he would if he won. now he says he won't. why is that? why not release them if there's nothing to hide? because it would most likely lead to, at best, collosal embarassment (not as rich as he claims), or at worst, impeachment and possibly jail.
    The reason not to release them is that he already won without releasing them. I have zero idea what is in them but the fact he hasn't released them drives his opposition insane. It distracts them and keeps them foaming at the mouth. The next election will not hinge on his tax returns but it will prevent the democrats from unifying on a platform. You are right that the returns are not the same as the birth certificate but the left will chase them all the same and it is the chase that will cause lead to self destruction.
    Several states are passing legislation to be on the ballot in their state all presidential candidates must release the last 5 years of tax returns...

BS... I love watching you sell your soul to defend Donald Trump. You seem to really think him not releasing his taxes is a genius political ploy LOL... he never thought he was going to win... didn't want to win... and was shocked when he did... this was classic Name branding and marketing which is all Trump actually sells...
  • Options
    So Trump didn't know his homie & national security advisor was a foreign agent lobbying on behalf of Turkey?

Yeah sure LOL

people are so gullible, I love it!!!
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2017
    my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

I agree that if Trump contacted people within Russia to hack the voting machines and change the results, there's a serious issue here. If, however, Trump or his cabinet have been reaching out to Russia to encourage them them to produce propaganda to sway the election by influencing citizens' opinions, is there truly anything wrong with this? Sure, this would be morally hard to swallow, but it wouldn't be illegal per se (nor would it be unprecedented amidst the litany of partially or entirely false news circulated online and on television). In addition, it begs a better question: just how dumb/gullible/manipulatable/unaccountable/mentally lazy are Americans that a flood of unsubstantiated and unverifiable allegations are spread, that sound incredibly farfetched (golden shower orgy with a billionaire and several Russian prostitutes, I'm looking at you), and people run - not walk - to insist that it is either true or false based on what constitutes confirmation bias, without even doing their due diligence on researching the source, or the source's source?

People have, do, and continue to do as much as they can get away with to seize as much power as they can. It's for this reason (and the paradoxical capitalist democracy) that I don't believe Trump will be an anomaly, but rather a new and typical kind of politician, unless America can seriously put a focus on thinking critically and independently. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be this administration that encourages this mindset, so it'll have to be a grassroots effort.

The allegation is not that Russia hacked voting machines. It's that 17 US intelligence agencies are in agreement that Russia hacked the email servers of Trump's opponent, Hillary and Podesta, and gave them to Wikileaks for release. The republican platform was modified to take a more pro-Russian stance July 18-21. Three days later, podesta's emails were released thus influencing the outcome of the election. The question is: who on the Trump csmpaign knew it and when did they know it, was there collusion, and were there any other agreements between the ilks? Why the lies, denials of facts, resignations and recusal if there's nothing there? Trump still won't release his tax returns, why? What is he hiding? If nothing, release them.
    Russia hacked Hillary's server? That's news...the official line is that while her private server had minimal security and was likely hacked there is no evidence of that. Her 30000 missing emails werE not released bu Wikileaks. The DNC was hacked and Podesta fell victim to a phishing scam. The FBI wasn't given access to the DNC server though post-hacking. The dems hired their own private company and passed on the report to the agencies. These agencies concluded that Russia did the hacking and are probably correct but the Vault 7 CIA dump shows that there is now technology that can essentially leave the fingerprints of any foreign country. What does this mean? It means that even though the hacks and phishing scam were quite likely perpetrated by Russia no longer can anybody claim this as a certainty. The questions you ask are meaningless. As per Rolling Stone it is overhyped nonsense. The tax returns are the new birth certificate. You are becoming Birther Trump which is my least favourite Trump.
    no. birthers are not the same as tax returners. trump made up lies out of nothing, you know, his unnamed sources he now says should be forced to name themselves? every president has released his tax returns. he said he would if he won. now he says he won't. why is that? why not release them if there's nothing to hide? because it would most likely lead to, at best, collosal embarassment (not as rich as he claims), or at worst, impeachment and possibly jail.
    The reason not to release them is that he already won without releasing them. I have zero idea what is in them but the fact he hasn't released them drives his opposition insane. It distracts them and keeps them foaming at the mouth. The next election will not hinge on his tax returns but it will prevent the democrats from unifying on a platform. You are right that the returns are not the same as the birth certificate but the left will chase them all the same and it is the chase that will cause lead to self destruction.
    Several states are passing legislation to be on the ballot in their state all presidential candidates must release the last 5 years of tax returns...

BS... I love watching you sell your soul to defend Donald Trump. You seem to really think him not releasing his taxes is a genius political ploy LOL... he never thought he was going to win... didn't want to win... and was shocked when he did... this was classic Name branding and marketing which is all Trump actually sells...
    A classic example of an alternative fact that the left believes and preaches.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Know or didn't know, it's still a dereliction of duty and probably illegal. Flynn was one of the first to come on board the Trump Train, him and that embarrassment to America, Jeff Sessions. Lock THEM up.

Is anyone in this administration going to take responsibility for ANYTHING?
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

This isn't a defense of him not releasing them...I actually think that he should. He should have a very long time ago. I am commenting from a strategic perspective. It now works in his favour not to release them as he has shown there is no political liability to keeping them hidden. That was a historically assumed political liability that has now been proven false. I think his move is bad from a transparency perspective but it is smart from a strategic perspective.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,637
    Has anyone called shenanigans yet? Maybe that is the answer.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

This isn't a defense of him not releasing them...I actually think that he should. He should have a very long time ago. I am commenting from a strategic perspective. It now works in his favour not to release them as he has shown there is no political liability to keeping them hidden. That was a historically assumed political liability that has now been proven false. I think his move is bad from a transparency perspective but it is smart from a strategic perspective.
    So because he won the electoral while he lost the actual vote by 3 million and is currently the most unpopular president to start you think that proves it isn't a political liability? Everyone, but his kool-aid drinking supporters and republicans foaming at the mouth to fullfil their agenda because of republican control, want those taxes released asap

You seem to think Trump has the majority support of the nation right now? LOL
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

So because he won the electoral while he lost the actual vote by 3 million and is currently the most unpopular president to start you think that proves it isn't a political liability? Everyone, but his kool-aid drinking supporters and republicans foaming at the mouth to fullfil their agenda because of republican control, want those taxes released asap

Uhhh...no...I don't think that. In the states he won the tax returns were a non-issue. If the economy continues to perform in the same way for the next 4 years it the returns will still be a non-issue. The dems can rave about them all they want but the average voter in those regions will not give a shit and if anything will be turned off by democratic hysterics. It is amazing how little has been learned.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,645
    Well what do ya know? Trump was right about something....... it turns out the system IS rigged.

https://apnews.com/cced60dcf8654e0f97d85e88ee1e345c?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

How's that voter fraud investigation going I wonder?
  • Options
    His "so-called" celebrity was/is the issue for the people that voted for him. Those people were duped.
  • Options
    We are making great progress with healthcare. ObamaCare is imploding and will only get worse. Republicans coming together to get job done!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,424
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,454
    When will he release the evidence on Obama accusations will this just get swept under the rug just like all the other lies that have been made up by bafoon...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

When will he release the evidence on Obama accusations will this just get swept under the rug just like all the other lies that have been made up by bafoon...

The House Intelligence committee has given the Justice Department a Monday deadline to turn over any and all wiretap evidence. They're going to start the Russia hearings on March 20, the same day the OF's Supreme Court pick Neil Gorsuch will start his confirmation hearings.

Both D and R reaction if there's no wiretap evidence is going to be super interesting. Is it grounds for impeachment if he just flat out lied?
    He may implode with very little assistance.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2017
    This sounds like a company President Trump will pick. The wall is coming folks.
    More than 600 businesses have registered interest in the first phase of the $21bn project and while some see ethical dilemmas, for others work is work. “I think the wall is a waste of time and money For environmental reasons, it’s dumb. From an economic point of view, it’s dumb.” But, he added, “I defend your right to be stupid. If you want to put up a wall, I’m going to put up the best wall I can and I’m going to pay my people.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/11/mexico-border-wall-hispanic-owned-construction-companies
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,013

I wish Twitter would freeze his account.

Agree
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

^^^
    I don't recall him being Canadian as the banter has gone on over time.
    All I know is that some focus far too much on American politics than Canadian.
    If there was as much passion on AMT from the Canadians to discuss govt policy in Canada as there is for President Trump it would be a breath of fresh air.
    So, Benjs, bump the Canadian redux thread and state your opinion about the statement from our PMs wife about IWD.

oh jesus. people can post wherever the fuck they want to. the current state of our world is more at stake with trump than it is with trudeau.

should israelis only post in the israel thread?
    Or compelled to?

I think this is what fan is getting at.
    the state of our politics in canada aren't nearly as dire as the state of politics in the states. there's not nearly as much to discuss because of that. the US directly impacts canada, not to mention most of the globe.

if trudeau had beaten harper and it was found out that china had POSSIBLY something to do with it, and we had the same war-happy government and size of military the US does, we'd be talking over there just as much.
    Don't get me wrong... I get it.

Are you looking at buying McCready's book?
    not after I saw the price. I'd love to see it, but for $80US with exchange and shipping.....why?
    I'm thinking of doing it. Needed a nudge- someone to tell me, "Duh. Of course I'm getting it!"
    I'm getting the deluxe version for sure. Here's why... was strolling through Oslo with my buddy the day after the 2014 PJ show. We were just wandering kind of lost and were talking reminiscing over Mike smashing one of the swinging globes with his guitar during Porch. Just as we were talking about it we turned a corner and there was Mike alone taking pictures of random shit with his polaroid. We stopped to talked to him and he was the nicest guy of course. Had a handful of polaroids and you could tell he just really enjoyed the hobby and art of these photographs. My buddy and I walked away saying "great guy and man would we like to look through his pictures".
    A no brainer for you then.

I balked. The cost was significant and for myself, I could only see leafing through it a handful of times.

A cool item for sure though. I might think about the regular version at a later date.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,973
    I stills confidence,right? I mean, he's really draining the swamp and looking out for the little guy. I'm so proud of our new great president!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/11/politics/bharara-profile-prosecutor/index.html
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

I stills confidence,right? I mean, he's really draining the swamp and looking out for the little guy. I'm so proud of our new great president!

And why should this guy get to keep his job? Didn't Clinton clean house of all of Bush Sr's, and Obama did the same to all of Bush Jr's. So, why is this guy obligated or special?
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522

Too good at prosecuting Trump and his buddies.

Fleecing of the people continues
  • Options
    So... this came on the ipod on shuffle last night.

https://youtu.be/Z0GFRcFm-aY
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

Uhhh...no...I don't think that. In the states he won the tax returns were a non-issue. If the economy continues to perform in the same way for the next 4 years it the returns will still be a non-issue. The dems can rave about them all they want but the average voter in those regions will not give a shit and if anything will be turned off by democratic hysterics. It is amazing how little has been learned.
    You assume the contiued economic growth will help those rust belt towns and voters... wall street vs main street... the factories and coal mines are coming back in force right? 80 consecutive months of job growth and the stock market tripling didn't seem to matter to those midwest rust belt voters last November and something tells me their situation isn't going to change drastically before 2018 and 2020...

Or maybe Obama being black and Hillary being a woman were really at play, and the moronic billionaire white man from Manhattan with the tough talk keeping them safe will find plenty of support no matter what
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,973
    EM194007 said:

And why should this guy get to keep his job? Didn't Clinton clean house of all of Bush Sr's, and Obama did the same to all of Bush Jr's. So, why is this guy obligated or special?
    Because typically in such transitions the current stay until the new are sworn in and brought up to speed. Ongoing criminal investigations and ongoing prosecutions of current crimes are put in jeapordy. But the law and order president is so very astute. And in that guy's case, he was told by trump he could stay on. Yet another lie.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Bannon profile by The Washington Post

http://a.msn.com/r/2/AAo92pz?a=1&m=en-us
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    This Level of Corruption Is Unprecedented in the Modern History of the Presidency
    And it's threatening our democracy.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a53810/corruption-unprecedented/
This discussion has been closed.