Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,424
    JC29856 said:
    This just keeps getting more and more bizarre...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Then I will buy buy buy! Sell high, buy low!

No, you will lose all your current investments is what you'll do. Because you won't have secret insider info on when to sell. And you won't have money to buy, buy, buy! Did you not pay attention to the Reagan and Dubya administrations?
    You act as though I would have all of my current investments in one basket...that's dense.
    I never alluded to that at all.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

No, you will lose all your current investments is what you'll do. Because you won't have secret insider info on when to sell. And you won't have money to buy, buy, buy! Did you not pay attention to the Reagan and Dubya administrations?
    You act as though I would have all of my current investments in one basket...that's dense.
    Good, because that would be dense...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Gonna be an awesome mess tomorrow. Think he shows?

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

Right on.

Also, breasts.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    dignin said:

Right on.

Also, breasts.
    Ha! I didn't catch that. That won't be up for long. Looks like an interesting crowd
  • Options

dignin said:

Right on.

Also, breasts.
    Ha! I didn't catch that. That won't be up for long. Looks like an interesting crowd
    My kinda crowd!
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    dignin said:
    He will probably try to trade tax them into oblivion. Mexican officials say that they'll "mirror" the tax, but seriously, which side of the "wall" could play that game the longest? I'm not sure they would have a choice if it came to that...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:
    He will probably try to trade tax them into oblivion. Mexican officials say that they'll "mirror" the tax, but seriously, which side of the "wall" could play that game the longest? I'm not sure they would have a choice if it came to that...
    Dropping fbombs gets you nowhere. He must be angry and alluding to the fact that real negotiations are happening about Mexico paying.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:
    We will see if that works, but I think Trump and his administration are going to be very busy with all the trade wars all over the world he is promising to get in.

You never know. I'm really curious how it will all play out. I find Trumps trade talk to be one of the least appalling things about him.
  • Options
    First Amendment Defense Act Would Be ‘Devastating’ for LGBTQ Americans

Earlier this month, Senator Ted Cruz of Texas and Senator Mike Lee of Utah, through his spokesperson, told Buzzfeed they plan to reintroduce an embattled bill that barely gained a House hearing in 2015. But this time around, they said, the First Amendment Defense Act (FADA) was likely to succeed due to a Republican-controlled House and the backing of President-elect Donald Trump.

FADA would prohibit the federal government from taking "discriminatory action" against any business or person that discriminates against LGBTQ people. The act distinctly aims to protect the right of all entities to refuse service to LGBTQ people based on two sets of beliefs: "(1) marriage is or should be recognized as the union of one man and one woman, or (2) sexual relations are properly reserved to such a marriage."

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/first-amendment-defense-act-would-be-devastating-lgbtq-americans-n698416
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Good, because that would be dense...
    I gathered that was your opinion the first time you said it.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited January 2017
    Rumors are Mike Pence and Melania gmail accounts hacked...haha.
    vicepresident2017@gmail
    trumpmelania2017@gmail

No 2 factor authorization!

Remember trump bragging about strong security
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,047

j1kotwic said:

vaggar99 said:

who here still supports this guy? and why?

Stupidity and racism.
    I support him because Americans elected him and he is our now our president. I voted for him because I thought he was a better option than Hillary. That doesn't mean I'm aligned with him on every issue though. This means I'm a stupid racist?

No but it does mean you voted for the candidate who ran on , fear , bigotry, exclusión so in some ways you do align with president Bafoon !
    Could you please point out a fear tactic with a larger impact than calling anyone who didn't vote for your candidate sexist, racist, a bigot etc. that Trump and his campaign used? The left uses a much more drastic fear tactics that is repeated by the majority of posters here than anything I've seen Trump or his supporters pull. A blanket accusation for anyone who didn't vote for your candidate is worse than the so-called fear tactics some claim Trump uses.
    Pot, meet kettle.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,469
    mace1229 said:

j1kotwic said:

vaggar99 said:

Stupidity and racism.
    I support him because Americans elected him and he is our now our president. I voted for him because I thought he was a better option than Hillary. That doesn't mean I'm aligned with him on every issue though. This means I'm a stupid racist?

No but it does mean you voted for the candidate who ran on , fear , bigotry, exclusión so in some ways you do align with president Bafoon !
    Could you please point out a fear tactic with a larger impact than calling anyone who didn't vote for your candidate sexist, racist, a bigot etc. that Trump and his campaign used? The left uses a much more drastic fear tactics that is repeated by the majority of posters here than anything I've seen Trump or his supporters pull. A blanket accusation for anyone who didn't vote for your candidate is worse than the so-called fear tactics some claim Trump uses.
    Pot, meet kettle.
    Ok maybe you saw a different campaign but I remember it differently!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Whoa...didn't know it'd post that big graphic instead of the link. Sorry about that.
  • Options

mace1229 said:

j1kotwic said:

vaggar99 said:

Stupidity and racism.

Pot, meet kettle.
    I asked for examples, care to give one?
    One that's worse than "if you don't vote for my guy (or gal) then your a racist, sexist, homophobe bigot."
    I have yet to see an example of the fear campaign that lead to so many voting for him.
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    He's pursuing a major investigation into voter fraud, but his lawyers have all stated there is no evidence of such.

It's nuts.

And the wall was no idle campaign promise lol.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

j1kotwic said:

vaggar99 said:

Stupidity and racism.

Pot, meet kettle.
    One that's worse than "if you don't vote for my guy (or gal) then your a racist, sexist, homophobe bigot."
    I have yet to see an example of the fear campaign that lead to so many voting for him.
    I saw this posted by someone, I forget who, but just because someone voted Trump doesn't make them racist. However it does mean that you're okay with the President of the country being a racist.

I also like to say that not every Trump supporter is a racist, but every racist is supporting Trump.
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,083

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:
    Dropping fbombs gets you nowhere. He must be angry and alluding to the fact that real negotiations are happening about Mexico paying.
    No, he's not cursing because he fears actual negotiations are happening; the "fucking wall" term is a reference to what Vicente Fox said when originally asked about Trump the candidate's claim that Mexico will pay for the wall. He said it in an off-the-cuff way and obviously, it was a memorable way to state the obvious.

On a related note, while rank-and-file congressional republicans are licking their chops about dismantling anything Obama touches, such as the purportedly costly Obamacare, Donald Trump signs an executive order aimed at a government project that industry experts have estimated will cost anywhere from $25 "beellyun" to $75 "beellyun" to build, and then another $25 beellyun to staff/maintain. Per year.

If I liked popcorn and didn't love my country, this would be a treat to sit back and watch.

1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,735

What you're describing is shame, not fear. (Could you also link to where that quote was used in the campaign?)They're totally different. Fear is what conservatives run on. trump continually would go on about how our country is in horrible shape, and that we used to be great, and if you vote for him it'll be great, and if you vote for Clinton, it'll be a disaster. This theme is repeated with nearly all republicans: Our country sucks, vote for me and I'll save it from destruction.

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,330
    The big question is, has he consulted with China on the best options for wall building. Is there any country that ever built a wall where it's regarded as a positive our effective piece of their country's safety?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:

The big question is, has he consulted with China on the best options for wall building. Is there any country that ever built a wall where it's regarded as a positive our effective piece of their country's safety?

Maybe he plans on making it a tourist attraction like "The Great Wall" and recouping the money that way.

We all know a wall isn't going to stop anyone, so it must have some other purpose.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

What you're describing is shame, not fear. (Could you also link to where that quote was used in the campaign?)They're totally different. Fear is what conservatives run on. trump continually would go on about how our country is in horrible shape, and that we used to be great, and if you vote for him it'll be great, and if you vote for Clinton, it'll be a disaster. This theme is repeated with nearly all republicans: Our country sucks, vote for me and I'll save it from destruction.

Fear of being shamed with such terrible labels. It's a fear tactic, come on.
    Yeah, saying you're better for the country than the person you're running against is far worse, my bad.
    You do realize that it was the left, including Hilary herself, who said if Trump wins there will be WWIii, nuclear war, Halocaust 2.0 and so on. But Trump saying he will make America great is running on fear? I gotta call this BS out when I see it man.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
This discussion has been closed.