Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Mayor Walsh Vows To Keep Boston A Safe Place For Immigrants Following Trump's Orders

http://www.wbur.org/news/2017/01/26/walsh-fights-trump-immigration-orders
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited January 2017
    NYC Democratic Commissioner of the Board of Elections Alan Schulkin is caught on hidden camera at a United Federation of Teachers holiday party admitting that there is widespread voter fraud in New York City.

“Yeah, they should ask for your ID. I think there is a lot of voter fraud,” said Schulkin, who elaborated on the types of voter fraud that are taking place in New York.

“You know, I don’t think it’s too much to ask somebody to show some kind of an ID…Like I say, people don’t realize, certain neighborhoods in particular they bus people around to vote,” said Schulkin.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    vaggar99 said:

his supporters will ignore it. its called the bubble. nothing penetrates the bubble.

Similar to the past 8 year bubble that was going to end the chances of a republican president/congress from ever happening again?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,121
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

j1kotwic said:

vaggar99 said:

who here still supports this guy? and why?

Stupidity and racism.
    I support him because Americans elected him and he is our now our president. I voted for him because I thought he was a better option than Hillary. That doesn't mean I'm aligned with him on every issue though. This means I'm a stupid racist?

No but it does mean you voted for the candidate who ran on , fear , bigotry, exclusión so in some ways you do align with president Bafoon !
    Could you please point out a fear tactic with a larger impact than calling anyone who didn't vote for your candidate sexist, racist, a bigot etc. that Trump and his campaign used? The left uses a much more drastic fear tactics that is repeated by the majority of posters here than anything I've seen Trump or his supporters pull. A blanket accusation for anyone who didn't vote for your candidate is worse than the so-called fear tactics some claim Trump uses.
    Pot, meet kettle.
    Ok maybe you saw a different campaign but I remember it differently!
    I asked for examples, care to give one?
    One that's worse than "if you don't vote for my guy (or gal) then your a racist, sexist, homophobe bigot."
    I have yet to see an example of the fear campaign that lead to so many voting for him.
    yelling ad nauseum about national security, stopping muslim immigration, floating the idea of a muslim registry, saying about mexican immigrants "they aren't sending their best, they are sending murderers, rapists, I'm sure some of them are good people...".

and I'd like to see the source of your quote. I don't believe it exists.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2017
    dignin said:

Mayor Walsh Vows To Keep Boston A Safe Place For Immigrants Following Trump's Orders

So when does the bridge construction from the Mexico border straight to center city Boston begin? At least they know what bus to get on I guess...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

So when does the bridge construction from the Mexico border straight to center city Boston begin? At least they know what bus to get on I guess...
    I wouldn't put it past your man Trump, he is stupid enough.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,739
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

There's about 300 sanctuary cities. This is one reason why I'm optimistic. Naturally, trump wants to force them to comply with his demands.
  • Options
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

I wouldn't put it past your man Trump, he is stupid enough.

https://youtu.be/yBaQS-DnFuw
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

There's about 300 sanctuary cities. This is one reason why I'm optimistic. Naturally, trump wants to force them to comply with his demands.
    Trump and his supporters are a shrinking minority, how many fights can he have and win? I share you optimism.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

his supporters will ignore it. its called the bubble. nothing penetrates the bubble.

Similar to the past 8 year bubble that was going to end the chances of a republican president/congress from ever happening again?
    look, no one said there were just a few that live in the bubble. oh, its quite large.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

look, no one said there were just a few that live in the bubble. oh, its quite large.
    That's what she.....never mind.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Trump threatens to cancel meeting with Mexico's president if country won't pay for wall. Was this his plan all along to get Mexico to pay? Cancel a meeting?

Why are all politicians on both sides not voicing concern? We are not even a week in and Trump has gone to Ludicrous Speed. He can't control himself.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Trump threatens to cancel meeting with Mexico's president if country won't pay for wall. Was this his plan all along to get Mexico to pay? Cancel a meeting?

Why are all politicians on both sides not voicing concern? We are not even a week in and Trump has gone to Ludicrous Speed. He can't control himself.

F**k me.

I just started thinking to myself. I started thinking this f**king idiot is gonna build a wall on the northern border too... and he's gonna make Canada pay for it.

F**k me.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Jason P said:

F**k me.

I just started thinking to myself. I started thinking this f**king idiot is gonna build a wall on the northern border too... and he's gonna make Canada pay for it.

F**k me.
    let kevin o leary foot the bill.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2017

Jason P said:

F**k me.

F**k me.
    Maybe he should...with all of those violent human trafficking drug mulling canook cartels and everything.
    Maybe a bullet train from Juarez to Vancouver with none of those pesky "ID rules" would be a much cheaper option than a wall!
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Jason P said:

F**k me.

F**k me.
    Maybe he should...with all of those violent human trafficking drug mulling canook cartels and everything.
    Maybe a bullet train from Juarez to Vancouver with none of those pesky "ID rules" would be a much cheaper option than a wall!
    There's a gawddamn maple syrup crisis in North America.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

Jason P said:

F**k me.

F**k me.
    There's a gawddamn maple syrup crisis in North America.
    We're being Biebered again! Roll out the tanks!!!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,650
    vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

"Even if they build the wall, I will climb the wall. I bring a ladder the size of the wall, even from sticks or whatever, but I'll make it, and I'll jump over there"

So you are a proponent of no borders?

"Even if vaggar99 puts a locked door on his house I will bring a lock pick, made from shards of scrap metal or whatever, and steal his TV."

steal my tv. i don't care. you will never steal my soul
    We are a country of laws. If you do not want a border, tell your Congressman to propose a law to get rid of the border. But until that time, the laws should be followed.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    McConnell, Ryan Say Congress Will Pay for Trump's $12B Border Wall

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mcconnell-ryan-congress-pay-trumps-12b-border-wall/story?id=45063195

This will cost twice that at least.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

"Even if they build the wall, I will climb the wall. I bring a ladder the size of the wall, even from sticks or whatever, but I'll make it, and I'll jump over there"

So you are a proponent of no borders?

"Even if vaggar99 puts a locked door on his house I will bring a lock pick, made from shards of scrap metal or whatever, and steal his TV."

steal my tv. i don't care. you will never steal my soul
    We are a country of laws. If you do not want a border, tell your Congressman to propose a law to get rid of the border. But until that time, the laws should be followed.
    i think the statement was more symbolic than anything. i know what the laws are. i am not for illegal immigration. but, a wall is not the solution. its physical propaganda.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

j1kotwic said:

vaggar99 said:

Stupidity and racism.
    I support him because Americans elected him and he is our now our president. I voted for him because I thought he was a better option than Hillary. That doesn't mean I'm aligned with him on every issue though. This means I'm a stupid racist?

No but it does mean you voted for the candidate who ran on , fear , bigotry, exclusión so in some ways you do align with president Bafoon !
    Could you please point out a fear tactic with a larger impact than calling anyone who didn't vote for your candidate sexist, racist, a bigot etc. that Trump and his campaign used? The left uses a much more drastic fear tactics that is repeated by the majority of posters here than anything I've seen Trump or his supporters pull. A blanket accusation for anyone who didn't vote for your candidate is worse than the so-called fear tactics some claim Trump uses.
    Pot, meet kettle.
    One that's worse than "if you don't vote for my guy (or gal) then your a racist, sexist, homophobe bigot."
    I have yet to see an example of the fear campaign that lead to so many voting for him.
    Has the left ever advocated or allowed its media outlets to promote violence that resulted in the deaths of people providing legally protected services? Spare me the left is worse bullshit.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Not that the wall is or will be constructed, that remains to be seen, but how many here scoffed at the idea Trump would actually build the wall (Im not referring to those that said Trump wouldn't be president so therefore the wall wont be built)? Raise your hands
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Not that the wall is or will be constructed, that remains to be seen, but how many here scoffed at the idea Trump would actually build the wall (Im not referring to those that said Trump wouldn't be president so therefore the wall wont be built)? Raise your hands

*raises hand*
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856 said:

full disclosure: I didn't think he'd do ANY of the things he said he'd do in his campaign. I thought he was saying all that shit to get elected. or maybe I was hoping he was just all talk. the fact he's doing/attempting to do all those things is frightening.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Tillerson was actually inside the State Department’s headquarters in Foggy Bottom on Wednesday, taking meetings and getting the lay of the land. I reported Wednesday morning that the Trump team was narrowing its search for his No. 2 and three officials, and that it was looking to replace the State Department’s long-serving undersecretary for management, Patrick Kennedy. Kennedy, who has been in that job for nine years, was actively involved in the transition and was angling to keep that job under Tillerson, three State Department officials told me.
    Then suddenly on Wednesday afternoon, Kennedy and three of his top officials resigned unexpectedly, four State Department officials confirmed. Assistant Secretary of State for Administration Joyce Anne Barr, Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs Michele Bond and Ambassador Gentry O. Smith, director of the Office of Foreign Missions, followed him out the door.

Remember Patrick Kennedy? According to the FBI docs released he tried to change a "classified" Hillary Clinton email to "unclassified.
    Another card carrying member of the "Country First Club".
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-state-department-aide-patrick-kennedy-asked-fbi-to-change-classification-of-hillary-clinton-email/

Joyce Anne Barr
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4539899/representative-trey-gowdy-questions-chief-foia-officer-joyce-barr-former-hillary-clintons

Kennedy and Bond advising Hillary and staff
    https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/10620
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    This what draining the swamp looks like. Trump voters are going to get the government the deserve.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

full disclosure: I didn't think he'd do ANY of the things he said he'd do in his campaign. I thought he was saying all that shit to get elected. or maybe I was hoping he was just all talk. the fact he's doing/attempting to do all those things is frightening.
    This from cnn is hilarious... (right wrong or otherwise) "Trump is doing exactly what he said he would do!!!"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/25/politics/donald-trump-this-is-happening/

As he progressed from punchline to primary contender, from frontrunner to nominee, and then from seemingly doomed general election candidate to president-elect, Donald Trump has, for all his idiosyncrasies, offered a remarkably consistent package of promises.

Now, less than a week into his presidency, he is beginning to carry them out.
    The grinding machinery of federal government has not checked his most extreme ambitions, as so many savvy observers predicted, and the weight of the office has not humbled or aroused in him some reservoir of internal reflection. Instead, much as we saw during the primary -- as defeated Republicans fell in line behind Trump only to be mocked or ignored -- power only emboldens him.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

j1kotwic said:

vaggar99 said:

Stupidity and racism.

Pot, meet kettle.
    Has the left ever advocated or allowed its media outlets to promote violence that resulted in the deaths of people providing legally protected services? Spare me the left is worse bullshit.
    I think that it is a much broader issue than either of you are suggesting. Violence in general has been allowed and promoted by left and right and all in-between for a long time now through various forms of violent media. There have been plenty of examples of our culture turning more and more violent and un-empathetic towards each other and I think we have been seeing the results of people growing up in a desensitizing environment for a while now...and I'm not just talking about the good ol' USA. In fact, my personal theory is that there is somewhat of an epidemiological addiction to violent media and this is being capitalized on by pretty much every media outlet out there. Media in general advocate, allow, and promote violence in for either vindictive or monetary reasons...almost makes one want to move to an island with no access to violent media to raise their children in a controlled environment...but that is of course my libertarian mumbo jumbo hogwash idealism peaking through.
    http://www.apa.org/action/resources/research-in-action/protect.aspx
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    JC29856 said:

Tillerson was actually inside the State Department’s headquarters in Foggy Bottom on Wednesday, taking meetings and getting the lay of the land. I reported Wednesday morning that the Trump team was narrowing its search for his No. 2 and three officials, and that it was looking to replace the State Department’s long-serving undersecretary for management, Patrick Kennedy. Kennedy, who has been in that job for nine years, was actively involved in the transition and was angling to keep that job under Tillerson, three State Department officials told me.
    Then suddenly on Wednesday afternoon, Kennedy and three of his top officials resigned unexpectedly, four State Department officials confirmed. Assistant Secretary of State for Administration Joyce Anne Barr, Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs Michele Bond and Ambassador Gentry O. Smith, director of the Office of Foreign Missions, followed him out the door.

Remember Patrick Kennedy? According to the FBI docs released he tried to change a "classified" Hillary Clinton email to "unclassified.
    Another card carrying member of the "Country First Club".
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-state-department-aide-patrick-kennedy-asked-fbi-to-change-classification-of-hillary-clinton-email/

Joyce Anne Barr
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4539899/representative-trey-gowdy-questions-chief-foia-officer-joyce-barr-former-hillary-clintons

Kennedy and Bond advising Hillary and staff
    https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/10620
    You mean to tell me that members of the state department advised their boss?!?!?!?!?!??! The travesty!
This discussion has been closed.