JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Jesus H, he just threatened to bring "the feds"?!

No shit. I wonder what the chain of command is for something like that. Would Rahm or our piece of shit Governor Rauner have to make a request for the feds to step in?
    Yes. The governor has to make the request. Think back to Katrina. Bush couldn't send troops until Governor Blanco made the official request.
    Which bring us to multiple scenarios of agencies and government employees not following our new dictators orders. What follows that, and what are the implications? The system runs on a certain level of faith and trust. Trump is effing with that and he has no clue whatsoever.
    No. It doesn't lead to multiple scenerios. The Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act detail requirements and limitations for a federal government to intervene.
    You're just referring to what trump said about Chicago. But even in that single scenario, trump will interpret those as giving him permission to send "the feds". He will probably be told no, and then it what hapoens after that matters. You seem to be under the impression that trump is educated on anything about the federal government and is willing to respect the limits placed on it.
    He also has a pen and a phone.
    Yawn. Yup, he's just like Obama. Got it.
    With the big difference being that Trump will not tolerate the carnage that is Chicago.
    I wonder how Unsung feels about federal jack booted thugs occupying his city? Maybe he's okay with it seeing how it'll be predominately minority occupied neighborhoods that'll be occupied?
    would

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

When you google censorship of the media...

Censorship is the suppression of free speech, public communication or other information which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or inconvenient as determined by governments, media outlets, authorities or other groups or institutions.

C'mon Kat...you've censored far more people then Trump ever has. Sure this is a forum with rules to be enforced but federal agencies (which include national parks) also have rules with respect to communications and federal employees are expected to follow those rules. If employees of these agencies disagree with the politics of their leaders then they can resign. One has a right to free speech but they don't have the right to operate outside the rules of this forum or outside of the rules of their employer.
    Kat specifically brought up censorship OF THE MEDIA. Totally different, and EXTREMELY dangerous to everyone's freedom.
    Except nobody was concerned when Obama prosecuted members of the media or disparaged media sources on the right.
    when did he do that? did he refuse to answer their questions at pressers?
    I am not surprised that most of you are unfamiliar with Obama's record on press freedom and the prosecution of journalists and whistleblowers but here's a little taste

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/30/opinion/sunday/if-donald-trump-targets-journalists-thank-obama.html

oh please. a biased opinion piece. next.
    Here are some unbiased facts for you

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Department_of_Justice_investigations_of_reporters

But I wouldn't be surprised if you brush this off as well. Press freedom was under assault and nobody made a peep.
    Didn't you see what happened here? Hysterical post after hysterical post, raid fire, then a topic emerges (obama and media) and the evidence doesn't fit the majority narrative, then everyone went to lunch. Phil Collins drum kit!
    I reacted to the first thing he posted, which was a clearly biased opinion piece, which is hardly digestible as truth. I've been looking into it a little deeper since then, and yes, it looks as if the original sentiment was true. further analysis is required. I hate that I have to read something, then research the political leanings of the author. nothing is just fucking news anymore. it's news with a slant.
    not directed towards you... you're one of the good guys around here. consistent, level-headed, open-minded, yet not duped by alternative facts.
  • Options
    So, did Obama's persecution of the press and prosecuting whistleblowers prevent us from knowing anything? Other than Comet Pizza
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

No shit. I wonder what the chain of command is for something like that. Would Rahm or our piece of shit Governor Rauner have to make a request for the feds to step in?
    Yes. The governor has to make the request. Think back to Katrina. Bush couldn't send troops until Governor Blanco made the official request.
    Which bring us to multiple scenarios of agencies and government employees not following our new dictators orders. What follows that, and what are the implications? The system runs on a certain level of faith and trust. Trump is effing with that and he has no clue whatsoever.
    No. It doesn't lead to multiple scenerios. The Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act detail requirements and limitations for a federal government to intervene.
    You're just referring to what trump said about Chicago. But even in that single scenario, trump will interpret those as giving him permission to send "the feds". He will probably be told no, and then it what hapoens after that matters. You seem to be under the impression that trump is educated on anything about the federal government and is willing to respect the limits placed on it.
    With the big difference being that Trump will not tolerate the carnage that is Chicago.
    I wonder how Unsung feels about federal jack booted thugs occupying his city? Maybe he's okay with it seeing how it'll be predominately minority occupied neighborhoods that'll be occupied?
    would

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Censorship is the suppression of free speech, public communication or other information which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or inconvenient as determined by governments, media outlets, authorities or other groups or institutions.

C'mon Kat...you've censored far more people then Trump ever has. Sure this is a forum with rules to be enforced but federal agencies (which include national parks) also have rules with respect to communications and federal employees are expected to follow those rules. If employees of these agencies disagree with the politics of their leaders then they can resign. One has a right to free speech but they don't have the right to operate outside the rules of this forum or outside of the rules of their employer.
    Kat specifically brought up censorship OF THE MEDIA. Totally different, and EXTREMELY dangerous to everyone's freedom.
    Except nobody was concerned when Obama prosecuted members of the media or disparaged media sources on the right.
    I am not surprised that most of you are unfamiliar with Obama's record on press freedom and the prosecution of journalists and whistleblowers but here's a little taste

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/30/opinion/sunday/if-donald-trump-targets-journalists-thank-obama.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Department_of_Justice_investigations_of_reporters

But I wouldn't be surprised if you brush this off as well. Press freedom was under assault and nobody made a peep.
    Didn't you see what happened here? Hysterical post after hysterical post, raid fire, then a topic emerges (obama and media) and the evidence doesn't fit the majority narrative, then everyone went to lunch. Phil Collins drum kit!
    I reacted to the first thing he posted, which was a clearly biased opinion piece, which is hardly digestible as truth. I've been looking into it a little deeper since then, and yes, it looks as if the original sentiment was true. further analysis is required. I hate that I have to read something, then research the political leanings of the author. nothing is just fucking news anymore. it's news with a slant.
    yet not duped by alternative facts.
    This coming from a guy who thinks a random dude on twitter is behind the Trump dossier among other things.

You are the chief spreader of alternative facts. Always trying to muddy the waters and put doubt on real investigative journalism.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,727
    edited January 2017

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

He trashed Fox news for their tactics. I applauded him for that, and it isn't even close to comparable to what Trump is doing. I feel like Professor BS has made the decision to not acknowledge the difference between right and wrong, facts and non-facts, news and fake news, or news vs propaganda.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    i guess u didmt want yopur taxes goes to obama care..now will go to build the wall in mexico boarders..hahahahah
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2017
    Meanwhile, the Dow Jones is at an all time high.
    http://money.cnn.com/data/markets/dow/
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    dignin said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

would

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

This coming from a guy who thinks a random dude on twitter is behind the Trump dossier among other things.

You are the chief spreader of alternative facts. Always trying to muddy the waters and put doubt on real investigative journalism.

https://twitter.com/trsprudence?lang=en
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Meanwhile, the Dow is at an all time high.

It was all because of The Don.

Good fiscal govern-ship for the last 8 years has nothing to do with it.

I seem to remember Bush 2 taking over a robust economy. I can't remember how that turned out.

I think I'm with you guys, lets give The Don a chance to fuck this up.
  • Options
    The true, correct story of what happened at Donald Trump’s inauguration

Nothing that has ever happened or will ever happen was as great as Donald Trump’s inauguration.

The crowd was magnificent and huge, bigger than any crowd had ever been before! It stretched all the way to the moon. The Pope, who was there, confirmed it.

“Thanks for being here, Pope,” Donald Trump told him.

“Are you kidding? You’re my best friend,” the Pope said. “I wouldn’t miss your big day for anything!” He gave Donald Trump a big high-five.

[Did you attend the inauguration or a protest? Tell us what you plan to do next.]

Everyone in the world had come there at great expense. They sold all their possessions — their homes, their “Hamilton” tickets, which were worthless to them — to raise money to come and see this great sight. They could not believe that a perfect being such as Donald Trump even existed. They thought that he was a myth or a legend or a decades-long series of fabrications.

But then they saw him, and their doubts fell away.

The media was there, too, and they were very sorry. “Donald,” the newscasters said, “we were mean to you. We used to laugh and call you names. We were no better than all of the other reindeer. How can you ever forgive us?”

“Forgive you?” Donald Trump asked. “I’ve already forgotten.” He smiled a big, beautiful smile. That was just who Donald Trump was: forgiving, like Jesus, but blond.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2017/01/24/the-true-correct-story-of-what-happened-at-donald-trumps-inauguration/?utm_term=.c9ebf7bcdf0a
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

I seem to remember Bush 2 taking over a robust economy. I can't remember how that turned out.

You should probably give him a little credit for this...
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dow-cracks-20000-milestone-intraday-for-the-first-time-2017-01-25
    Or
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-markets-20170125-story,amp.html?client=safari

I'll give Obama credit for keeping it low so that people were able to buy cheap...hope you didn't miss the boat!
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

would

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Proof!! He said so on his twitter!!

Sorry man, you're embarrassing yourself.

(Phil Collins plays the drums)
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,315
    PJPOWER said:

As it should be. Nothing with the economy has changed and corporations should be making bold moves knowing they will be getting bigger tax breaks under Trump. It's not right now that we need to be thinking about, it's down the road when the bloat gets close to bursting. Hopefully, someone in this administration is considering the impact of these decisions 4 - 8 years from now.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,964
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

He trashed Fox news for their tactics. I applauded him for that, and it isn't even close to comparable to what Trump is doing. I feel like Professor BS has made the decision to not acknowledge the difference between right and wrong, facts and non-facts, news and fake news, or news vs propaganda.
    agreed, there is nothing wrong with calling journalists out if necessary, but trump is fucking lying about cnn being fake news. trump trashed fox news during the election, now he's praising them. his memory is that of a fucking gerbil.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

As it should be. Nothing with the economy has changed and corporations should be making bold moves knowing they will be getting bigger tax breaks under Trump. It's not right now that we need to be thinking about, it's down the road when the bloat gets close to bursting. Hopefully, someone in this administration is considering the impact of these decisions 4 - 8 years from now.
    Um...wouldn't corporations making bold moves be a prime example of the economy changing? What aspect are you referring to?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

would

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

It began with Bush banning the press from recording the bodies returning from Iraq at Andrews, requiring the press to be pooled and their dispatches reviewed and authorized by the military prior to dissemination from what they were allowed to "see", the mass classification of documents as classified or secret without formal review of being necessary and the blatant disregard of record keeping with the wholesale elimination of 22 million emails. Don't act like it started with the black guy. Bush and Cheney sold this nation's soul to the devil and Trump is cashing in. And Obama took advantage but still managed to remain "ethical" to some degree.

Again, is there anything we don't know about Obama's administration because of his persecution of the press and whistleblowers?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,964

i guess u didmt want yopur taxes goes to obama care..now will go to build the wall in mexico boarders..hahahahah

"they will pay for it....we'll pay for it first, but they'll pay for it eventually".

sure, Chump, sure they will. just send them an invoice for $30 billion and if they don't pay, get a collection agency after them.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    dignin said:

JC29856 said:

dignin said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

would

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Kat said:

Proof!! He said so on his twitter!!

Sorry man, you're embarrassing yourself.

(Phil Collins plays the drums)
    dont forget his piss story was verified by other reporters and was circulated for months!
    its petty thou like crowd size and viewership. like climate change, its a belief, not a lie.
  • Options
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    the famous set the girls hair on fire video... was the pyro identified yet?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dow-cracks-20000-milestone-intraday-for-the-first-time-2017-01-25
    Or
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-markets-20170125-story,amp.html?client=safari

I'll give Obama credit for keeping it low so that people were able to buy cheap...hope you didn't miss the boat!
    Obama kept the DOW low?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,636
    Ummmm, the Pentagon is now trolling the President? National parks are one thing, but this is kinda scary, no?

• Options
    my2hands said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

Or

Obama kept the DOW low?
    That's what it's starting to look like...
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,315
    PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

Or

Obama kept the DOW low?
    That's what it's starting to look like...
    You mean kept the gains under control to avoid massive collapse by not cutting huge tax breaks to the rich and big business? Rich selfish people every where are celebrating their cash cow.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

Exactly. And wait til all the rich fuckers cash out their investments conveniently before it crashes. We'll all see our IRA's, 401(k)'s, and everything else crumble to the ground while Donald and his Goldman Sachs buddies cash the fuck in. But I'm sure PJPOWER will find a way to spin that toward the Trump-doing-good-things rhetoric.
  • Options
    I'm not a rich selfish person, but I am definitely happy with my investments today!
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

I'm not a rich selfish person, but I am definitely happy with my investments today!

Today... but what about when the bubble bursts?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Then I will buy buy buy! Sell high, buy low!
  • Options

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

Exactly. And wait til all the rich fuckers cash out their investments conveniently before it crashes. We'll all see our IRA's, 401(k)'s, and everything else crumble to the ground while Donald and his Goldman Sachs buddies cash the fuck in. But I'm sure PJPOWER will find a way to spin that toward the Trump-doing-good-things rhetoric.
    Exactly how Trump and his CEO filled cabinet will run the country. Short term gain and profit, leading to long-term disaster. His followers ignore history and can't see through their shortsightedness.

They will do the same to the environment.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    PJPOWER said:

Then I will buy buy buy! Sell high, buy low!

No, you will lose all your current investments is what you'll do. Because you won't have secret insider info on when to sell. And you won't have money to buy, buy, buy! Did you not pay attention to the Reagan and Dubya administrations?
This discussion has been closed.