Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Annnnnnd the Mexican President cancels his visit with Trump.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,739
    PJPOWER said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

j1kotwic said:

vaggar99 said:

who here still supports this guy? and why?

Stupidity and racism.
    I support him because Americans elected him and he is our now our president. I voted for him because I thought he was a better option than Hillary. That doesn't mean I'm aligned with him on every issue though. This means I'm a stupid racist?

No but it does mean you voted for the candidate who ran on , fear , bigotry, exclusión so in some ways you do align with president Bafoon !
    Could you please point out a fear tactic with a larger impact than calling anyone who didn't vote for your candidate sexist, racist, a bigot etc. that Trump and his campaign used? The left uses a much more drastic fear tactics that is repeated by the majority of posters here than anything I've seen Trump or his supporters pull. A blanket accusation for anyone who didn't vote for your candidate is worse than the so-called fear tactics some claim Trump uses.
    Pot, meet kettle.
    Ok maybe you saw a different campaign but I remember it differently!
    I asked for examples, care to give one?
    One that's worse than "if you don't vote for my guy (or gal) then your a racist, sexist, homophobe bigot."
    I have yet to see an example of the fear campaign that lead to so many voting for him.
    Has the left ever advocated or allowed its media outlets to promote violence that resulted in the deaths of people providing legally protected services? Spare me the left is worse bullshit.
    I think that it is a much broader issue than either of you are suggesting. Violence in general has been allowed and promoted by left and right and all in-between for a long time now through various forms of violent media. There have been plenty of examples of our culture turning more and more violent and un-empathetic towards each other and I think we have been seeing the results of people growing up in a desensitizing environment for a while now...and I'm not just talking about the good ol' USA. In fact, my personal theory is that there is somewhat of an epidemiological addiction to violent media and this is being capitalized on by pretty much every media outlet out there. Media in general advocate, allow, and promote violence in for either vindictive or monetary reasons...almost makes one want to move to an island with no access to violent media to raise their children in a controlled environment...but that is of course my libertarian mumbo jumbo hogwash idealism peaking through.
    http://www.apa.org/action/resources/research-in-action/protect.aspx
    I'm don't think we're getting more violent. The violent crime rate has been dropping for years. Also, within the field of psychology, the conclusions about violence in media creating violent people is mixed or murky at best. As a culture, we tend to be enamored with violent stories in the media, but I think that's a result of fear being a big component of our culture, and fear also sells product and gets viewers. Case in point is that we've all normalized that stories of individual crime deserve headlines and front page coverage. .
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

Tillerson was actually inside the State Department’s headquarters in Foggy Bottom on Wednesday, taking meetings and getting the lay of the land. I reported Wednesday morning that the Trump team was narrowing its search for his No. 2 and three officials, and that it was looking to replace the State Department’s long-serving undersecretary for management, Patrick Kennedy. Kennedy, who has been in that job for nine years, was actively involved in the transition and was angling to keep that job under Tillerson, three State Department officials told me.
    Then suddenly on Wednesday afternoon, Kennedy and three of his top officials resigned unexpectedly, four State Department officials confirmed. Assistant Secretary of State for Administration Joyce Anne Barr, Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs Michele Bond and Ambassador Gentry O. Smith, director of the Office of Foreign Missions, followed him out the door.

Remember Patrick Kennedy? According to the FBI docs released he tried to change a "classified" Hillary Clinton email to "unclassified.
    Another card carrying member of the "Country First Club".
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-state-department-aide-patrick-kennedy-asked-fbi-to-change-classification-of-hillary-clinton-email/

Joyce Anne Barr
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4539899/representative-trey-gowdy-questions-chief-foia-officer-joyce-barr-former-hillary-clintons

Kennedy and Bond advising Hillary and staff
    https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/10620
    You mean to tell me that members of the state department advised their boss?!?!?!?!?!??! The travesty!
    lol... "advise" "advising"

Country First!
    Principles over politics!
    Orphans! (not the ones with parents, the other orphans)

I just spoke to Gov. Rendell, and he is strongly urging the WH/State Dept. to allow the orphans into the US. He claims Haitian Government has signed off on it, and US is now standing in the way. He is not open to the argument that we need to follow protocols, and claims we are being bureaucratic. He says if another orphan dies, it will be on us.

Cheryl You should have received this directly, but am pasting it in as it has the latest UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2014-20439 Doc No. C05774143 Date: 02/29/2016 Not sure that there is anything that we can do, except let time role

UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2014-20439 Doc No. C05774143 Date: 02/29/2016 Subject: RE: preliminary report
    Interesting — thanks — need anything from me? If so let me know so I call you From: Kennedy, Patrick F
    Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 11:51 AM
    To: Mills, Cheryl D
    Subject: RE: preliminary report
    Cheryl No heat yet today There follows #1 — section from Michelle Bond's update ["Bresma" is name of the orphanage] #2 — piece from Pittsburgh Gazette newspaper Regards
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    how can i contact the president?anyone can help?
    i need to build a wall so the goat of my neighbor doesnt jump on my yard..and need the mexicans to pay for it
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,301
    edited January 2017

i need to build a wall so the goat of my neighbor doesnt jump on my yard..and need the mexicans to pay for it

1-800-dipshit :rofl:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    pjhawks said:

hahaha
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,593

How do you like your goat?
    Barbecued?
    Grilled?
    Broiled?
    I'm partial to slow roast on a spit
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,061

mace1229 said:

Sure he has bad temper many and throws tantrims like a 2-year-old, but it's a little far to claim one will lead to nuclear war.
    Trump said he wants to deport illegals (and have them re-enter legally). Clinton responded by saying if Trump wins then all illegals crowded in box trains as they are forced to leave. No one mentioned box trains but her, box trains would be a completely impractical way to massively deport people (which he wont by the way) so why would she do that? To associate Trump with Hitler and the Halocaust. That is some heavy BS and good use of fear tactics right there.

Wasn't a massive component of Trump's campaign centred around Hillary and her carelessness with matters regarding national security?

That's fear mongering... is it not?
    Sure, I guess you could argue that. Personally I don't think so, but maybe to some it is.
    My point was for all the times "fear mongering" are referring to a campaign ran on fear are thrown out there referring to the right, the left is worse.
    I asked for examples where the right was worse, and the only responses I've seen are
    a) Trump said he is going to make America great again. Really? That's fear mongering to some? Name one candidate in the history of the world who ran on making things worse.
    b) Trump said Clinton is careless with national security. Well, that is a proven fact. Maybe others were careless too, but according to the left Russia has all her emails. I just don't see that as fear mongering since it is true.

But lets just assume it is, fine. How is that as bad as saying Trump will cause nuclear war, Trump will create the next Nazi Germany, Trump will deport people in box cars. Sorry, but that's a thousand times worse than any fear mongering example I've heard about the right.
    Here is the defense I've heard so far today.
    a) labeling an entire group isn't fear mongering because its true. Although, isn't that much more like Nazi Germany than anything Trump has actually done? I wouldn't call it that, because that is disrespectful for anyone who lived through it or fought to end it.
    b) I never heard Hilary claim Trump was going to cause nuclear war, so next. Well it was an add than ran for weeks, and she even said it herself at rallies. She is invoking the fear of nuclear war to get votes!
    c) compares Trump to Nazi Germany, Hitler and the Holocaust Only defense I heard to this was to point out my typo.

I was calling it out because I think it's total BS to throw that word around given the circumstances. And so many on the right are frustrated with the extremes of the left. You didn't vote for Hilary then your a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot. But heaven forbid we use the phrase "Islamic terrorist." Its this sort of extremism that the left is so blind to that gave Trump the edge on this election, while at the same time making all sorts of accusations about anyone who doesn't agree with them.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

Stefanos?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762
    edited January 2017
    dignin said:

tbergs said:

The big question is, has he consulted with China on the best options for wall building. Is there any country that ever built a wall where it's regarded as a positive our effective piece of their country's safety?

Maybe he plans on making it a tourist attraction like "The Great Wall" and recouping the money that way.

We all know a wall isn't going to stop anyone, so it must have some other purpose.
    Well it is certain to seriously harm wildlife and the rest of the environment. Maybe that's the purpose.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    JC29856 said:

NYC Democratic Commissioner of the Board of Elections Alan Schulkin is caught on hidden camera at a United Federation of Teachers holiday party admitting that there is widespread voter fraud in New York City.

“Yeah, they should ask for your ID. I think there is a lot of voter fraud,” said Schulkin, who elaborated on the types of voter fraud that are taking place in New York.

“You know, I don’t think it’s too much to ask somebody to show some kind of an ID…Like I say, people don’t realize, certain neighborhoods in particular they bus people around to vote,” said Schulkin.

Of course there's voter fraud in NYC, so you remember the thousands of votes purged during the primary vote?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,121

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

j1kotwic said:

vaggar99 said:

Stupidity and racism.
    I support him because Americans elected him and he is our now our president. I voted for him because I thought he was a better option than Hillary. That doesn't mean I'm aligned with him on every issue though. This means I'm a stupid racist?

No but it does mean you voted for the candidate who ran on , fear , bigotry, exclusión so in some ways you do align with president Bafoon !
    Could you please point out a fear tactic with a larger impact than calling anyone who didn't vote for your candidate sexist, racist, a bigot etc. that Trump and his campaign used? The left uses a much more drastic fear tactics that is repeated by the majority of posters here than anything I've seen Trump or his supporters pull. A blanket accusation for anyone who didn't vote for your candidate is worse than the so-called fear tactics some claim Trump uses.
    Pot, meet kettle.
    One that's worse than "if you don't vote for my guy (or gal) then your a racist, sexist, homophobe bigot."
    I have yet to see an example of the fear campaign that lead to so many voting for him.
    yelling ad nauseum about national security, stopping muslim immigration, floating the idea of a muslim registry, saying about mexican immigrants "they aren't sending their best, they are sending murderers, rapists, I'm sure some of them are good people...".

and I'd like to see the source of your quote. I don't believe it exists.
    you didn't address my post, @mace1229

I will acknowledge, however, that Hillary did run at least one ad using some guy who used to be in charge of "the button" to launch a nuclear missle if ordered to do so, saying he was afraid that if Donald were in charge, he most certainly would be getting that call. or something to that effect.

but honestly, that came as a result of Trump's own idiocy. he was quoted as asking someone in the administration "why we can't just use nuclear weapons?". don't you find that concerning?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    edited January 2017

Not a good week for America
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

Sure he has bad temper many and throws tantrims like a 2-year-old, but it's a little far to claim one will lead to nuclear war.
    Trump said he wants to deport illegals (and have them re-enter legally). Clinton responded by saying if Trump wins then all illegals crowded in box trains as they are forced to leave. No one mentioned box trains but her, box trains would be a completely impractical way to massively deport people (which he wont by the way) so why would she do that? To associate Trump with Hitler and the Halocaust. That is some heavy BS and good use of fear tactics right there.

Wasn't a massive component of Trump's campaign centred around Hillary and her carelessness with matters regarding national security?

I was calling it out because I think it's total BS to throw that word around given the circumstances. And so many on the right are frustrated with the extremes of the left. You didn't vote for Hilary then your a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot. But heaven forbid we use the phrase "Islamic terrorist." Its this sort of extremism that the left is so blind to that gave Trump the edge on this election, while at the same time making all sorts of accusations about anyone who doesn't agree with them.
    Sorry, you can't blame the left for you voting for Trump. You knowingly voted for a known racist, admitted sexual offender and bigot. Own it.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Trumps in a Mexican stand-off with Mexico.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    Philly protests going strong
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    dignin said:

Mayor Walsh Vows To Keep Boston A Safe Place For Immigrants Following Trump's Orders

http://www.wbur.org/news/2017/01/26/walsh-fights-trump-immigration-orders

Seattle's Mayor, Ed Murray, also gave Trump the finger, said that Seattle will remain a sanctuary city. "We Will Not Be Intimidated by the Authoritarian Message Coming from This Administration."

Washington State's Governor, Jay Inslee, said that if Trump's border wall is anything like his inauguration crowd assessment it will be 8 inches high. :lol:

I love living across the continent from Trump and D.C. in general. What a clusterfuck. Glad the leadership in my state is telling Trump to go fuck himself.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    dignin said:

Not a good week for America
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

Sorry, you can't blame the left for you voting for Trump. You knowingly voted for a known racist, admitted sexual offender and bigot. Own it.

I keep seeing this same sentiment online; "that's why trump won, idiot", when someone makes a comment about racism, sexism, etc. yeah, it's all the fault of the progressives! we literally forced your hand to put a checkmark next to Trump! it's laughable.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    jeffbr said:

dignin said:

Mayor Walsh Vows To Keep Boston A Safe Place For Immigrants Following Trump's Orders

Seattle's Mayor, Ed Murray, also gave Trump the finger, said that Seattle will remain a sanctuary city. "We Will Not Be Intimidated by the Authoritarian Message Coming from This Administration."

Washington State's Governor, Jay Inslee, said that if Trump's border wall is anything like his inauguration crowd assessment it will be 8 inches high. :lol:

I love living across the continent from Trump and D.C. in general. What a clusterfuck. Glad the leadership in my state is telling Trump to go fuck himself.
    Philly, NYC and Boston mayors said the same
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404

jeffbr said:

dignin said:

Philly, NYC and Boston mayors said the same
    yup. good for them.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    jeffbr said:

dignin said:

That's it, I'm moving to Washington. :hang_loose:
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Every speech he gave. I'll start with his first speech:

Mexico is sending us their rapists.

OK, now your turn. Show me a Trump speech without fear mongering.
  • Options

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

j1kotwic said:

vaggar99 said:

Stupidity and racism.

Pot, meet kettle.
    yelling ad nauseum about national security, stopping muslim immigration, floating the idea of a muslim registry, saying about mexican immigrants "they aren't sending their best, they are sending murderers, rapists, I'm sure some of them are good people...".

I will acknowledge, however, that Hillary did run at least one ad using some guy who used to be in charge of "the button" to launch a nuclear missle if ordered to do so, saying he was afraid that if Donald were in charge, he most certainly would be getting that call. or something to that effect.

but honestly, that came as a result of Trump's own idiocy. he was quoted as asking someone in the administration "why we can't just use nuclear weapons?". don't you find that concerning?
    I didn't mean to ignore your post, there were like 50 posts and I just missed yours I guess.
    We've had a similar exchange before (minus the fear mongering part) and if I remember we both agreed Trump is not a word smith, and as a result says a lot of dumb things. His comment on Muslims was a temporary ban on new muslims traveling here. this comment was made after a mass shooting involving muslims (I believe the married couple in San Bernardino). Not saying that makes the travel ban a good idea, but it was a bad, worded even more poorly as a result of another mass shooting. I don't remember him saying he was going to register them-but he could have. He's later retracted that idea.
    His comments about Mexican immigration were in the context of Kate's Law and the refusal to pass it or oppose any sanctuary cities. He very shortly afterward clarified he was not referring to all Mexicans, but wants illegal felons out.

Aside from that commercial referenced, Clinton herself stated multiple times her fear of Trump's finger on the nuke button. And honestly, the idea of any president loser his or her temper and launching nukes as a result, without anyone stopping him and everyone else involved completely complying just seems totally unrealistic to me. But that was the image they wanted to paint.

Your examples are probably the best I've seen, painting a picture of terrorism getting worse unless you Vote Trump in. Illegals taking over and murdering unless Trump stops them. But given the context of each, and his retraction/clarification that followed I just don't see how it still compares.

So yes, nuclear war, comparing to Nazi Germany, lumping anyone who doesn't support you as "deplorables" I think is far worse, and probably more effective fear campaign. If anything, Trump's fear probably worked against him, fear of being deported immigrants and muslims didn't vote for him.

On many issues if you don't agree with the left you receive a stigma or label. I think that needs to stop before anyone can throw our the idea of a fear campaign again, if they want any credibility.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

j1kotwic said:

vaggar99 said:

Stupidity and racism.

Pot, meet kettle.

I didn't mean to ignore your post, there were like 50 posts and I just missed yours I guess.
    We've had a similar exchange before (minus the fear mongering part) and if I remember we both agreed Trump is not a word smith, and as a result says a lot of dumb things. His comment on Muslims was a temporary ban on new muslims traveling here. this comment was made after a mass shooting involving muslims (I believe the married couple in San Bernardino). Not saying that makes the travel ban a good idea, but it was a bad, worded even more poorly as a result of another mass shooting. I don't remember him saying he was going to register them-but he could have. He's later retracted that idea.
    His comments about Mexican immigration were in the context of Kate's Law and the refusal to pass it or oppose any sanctuary cities. He very shortly afterward clarified he was not referring to all Mexicans, but wants illegal felons out.

Aside from that commercial referenced, Clinton herself stated multiple times her fear of Trump's finger on the nuke button. And honestly, the idea of any president loser his or her temper and launching nukes as a result, without anyone stopping him and everyone else involved completely complying just seems totally unrealistic to me. But that was the image they wanted to paint.

Your examples are probably the best I've seen, painting a picture of terrorism getting worse unless you Vote Trump in. Illegals taking over and murdering unless Trump stops them. But given the context of each, and his retraction/clarification that followed I just don't see how it still compares.

So yes, nuclear war, comparing to Nazi Germany, lumping anyone who doesn't support you as "deplorables" I think is far worse, and probably more effective fear campaign. If anything, Trump's fear probably worked against him, fear of being deported immigrants and muslims didn't vote for him.

On many issues if you don't agree with the left you receive a stigma or label. I think that needs to stop before anyone can throw our the idea of a fear campaign again, if they want any credibility.
    I had not seen/heard his retractions on those comments.

I agree with your last paragraph, that it doesn't further the cause of the left to just openly dismiss and/or insult those that they don't agree with; however, I am still flabbergasted at how anyone can vote for him given all we know and all he has said. I know what Hillary has done, but I just think he's dangerous to have as POTUS. Not necessarily nuke the world dangerous, but dangerous for society and its stability. Protests for regression are generally quite small. Protests for progression are massive, as we have seen, especially when people have had those rights for so many years, and the new admin aims to take them away. he wants a united america, he is going to get the exact opposite. people are pissed off now, more than I have seen since the civil rights movement, and it's going to get ugly.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jason P said:

Trumps in a Mexican stand-off with Mexico.

=)
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Jason P said:

Trump threatens to cancel meeting with Mexico's president if country won't pay for wall. Was this his plan all along to get Mexico to pay? Cancel a meeting?

Why are all politicians on both sides not voicing concern? We are not even a week in and Trump has gone to Ludicrous Speed. He can't control himself.

F**k me.

I just started thinking to myself. I started thinking this f**king idiot is gonna build a wall on the northern border too... and he's gonna make Canada pay for it.

F**k me.
    Maybe he should...with all of those violent human trafficking drug mulling canook cartels and everything.
    Maybe a bullet train from Juarez to Vancouver with none of those pesky "ID rules" would be a much cheaper option than a wall!
    There's a gawddamn maple syrup crisis in North America.
    We're being Biebered again! Roll out the tanks!!!
    And Nickelbacked!

Don't attack Neil Young, Rush, Michael J Fox and Rachel "my future girlfriend" McAdams, though.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    pjhawks said:

Trump is 976 EVIL.
  • Options

mace1229 said:

Point awarded.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

mace1229 said:

Missed my point here I said the left does everything the same, and even worse.. gave multiple examples if you care to read above.
  • Options

mace1229 said:

Weekly reporting of immigrant crimes...another Trump classic

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-publish-weekly-list-crimes-immigrants-commit-refugees-aliens-executive-order-us-a7546826.html

The Trumptopia continues...
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    edited January 2017

mace1229 said:

Point awarded.
    I think it's game, set, match.
This discussion has been closed.