• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722
    dignin said:

The Wire?
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,243
    PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:

I'm not offended by either but what adult woman sits like that while wearing a dress?

Oh, so you are taking the sexist approach. Is she not being a proper enough of a female?
    yes i am, honestly would you want to see your wife, daughter or mom sitting like that in a dress? i don't think so.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,909
    PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

You guys are funny... I don't give a shit about Kellyanne putting her feet on the sofa... I just thought it was funny

Some of you folks need to lighten up

I do to, honestly. The fact that it is making headlines is ridiculous.
    this is the problem with the left. when you get outraged at fucking everything, no one takes you seriously when your outrage is actually warranted.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,719
    Jason P said:

BS44325 said:

Van Jones just said that Trump figured out how to hit three pointers tonight and that if he can keep it up the democrats are screwed.

Van Jones is a moron. That's like having Skip Bayless vouch for you.
    Or Rob Ford.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

You guys are funny... I don't give a shit about Kellyanne putting her feet on the sofa... I just thought it was funny

this is the problem with the left. when you get outraged at fucking everything, no one takes you seriously when your outrage is actually warranted.
    WORD to Pharaoh!

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

dignin said:

The Wire?
    Yup.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

By the way... does Kellyanne really have her feet on the white house sofa?

Come on, man!

It should be noted that one of these photos is an intimate setting and the other features honored guests.
    Guests with a noted history of being disrespected, no less.
    You are really stretching to turn this into something it is not. Whatever furthers your leftist rhetoric I suppose. All I hear is

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

There is a lot of truth in your statement.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,008
    edited March 2017
    Kat said:

Who acts like that at work? She says she's a professional...show that then.
    And I don't think those two images are equal and I don't think President Obama should have posed for that one either.

Obama had an official white house photographer whose job it was to document the President as he was being the President, you know, moment to moment, for history. I'm pretty sure he wasn't posing for anything as he had reached a level of trust with Pete Souza and was just being himself.

Photo opportunities where people are stacked up behind the President's desk and where there's a just one shooter in there who has to share his work through a wire service like AP or Getty or Reuters is not really photojournalism and barely qualifies as news. It's a lame attempt to control what is being released through the news media. That the shooter Brendan Smialowski took an obviously terrible photographic situation and was paying attention enough to actually make those frames is how photojournalism is supposed to work.

Trump has also bypassed the behind the scenes White House official photojournalist for his Presidency. sad really

Just my opinion.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,909
    it wasn't all terrible. he had some decent talking points about infrastructure and jobs. but really, I get a little tired of him saying he is going to bring MILLIONS OF JOBS back to america. he never says how he is going to do this. and that is a massive claim.

he actually said he was going to protect all americans, muslims, christians, etc (notice how he said muslims first? doubt that was coincidence). but it was kind of crazy how he said RADICAL. ISLAMIC. TERRORISM. very blunt and accentuated.

but that VOICE shit was a disgrace.

I tried to look at the Navy SEAL Ryan thing objectively. I doubt Obama would have said anything like that. I doubt any actual politician, right or left, would have said something like that. He's a businessman. He says things that he thinks are positive that can have a creepy or slightly disrespectful undertone to it, but I don't think his heart was in the wrong place. I think he was thinking it was a sweet comment, not that Ryan is "happy to be dead". Just saying he's smiling down on the crowd for getting so much appreciation.

what country(ies) was he talking about when he said America was going to be friends with former enemies/war opponents?

look, this was not a spectacular speech. was he actually presidential? more so that he ever has been, so that's a positive. however, he was reading a prepared speech by design. no room for him to come out and say anything nonsensical or anything to rile up the other side. I highly doubt this is indicitive of any substantial change in how he's going to conduct himself, but that remains to be seen.

It's funny how each side spins the "situation we inherited" every new administration. I honestly believe that Obama inherited a mess. I don't believe Trump did. But whatever makes your base salivate, I guess.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    j1kotwic said:

rgambs said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

Haha. One supposedly sane speech read off a teleprompter (didn't watch it) and the Trump apologists are confident and out in full force.

He will be back to full narcissist on twitter in less than a day and the AMT Trump supporters will run away with their tails between their legs again.

Bunch of suckers.

Some people will never support progress......
    I have a feeling you don't know what that word means. But that's okay, stick around on the AMT and you will eventually catch on.
    Some people will never support progess....
    Are you referring to Trump? Maybe yourself? I'm confused, can you elaborate?
    Certain people will never support Trump no matter what he says/does. We saw that clearly tonight. Let's create more jobs!!! The left sits on their hands. Come on. That was one example. I am not going anywhere and nothing anyone says will hurt my feelings. ;)
    Then perhaps you should aim for learning how to debate and not just troll.
    I am not debating anything.
    Careful Buck, if you voted Trump or agree with any of Trump's policies means you are a racist bigot anti-Semite disgrace of a human being on the AMT forum... They will label you so fast around here it will make your head spin. I know from experience. I have found it's best not to post too often here but you can do as you please. I mainly come here to read the other side of the argument which usually ends up confirming my initial stance on the issues.
    Easy now.

I mean sure... people might have fairly pointed out that Trump supporters might not be the brightest stars in the sky, but they haven't categorically gone as far as you have stated.

If you think you've got a champion as a president then good for you. Your reality is what you make it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

By the way... does Kellyanne really have her feet on the white house sofa?

Come on, man!

It should be noted that one of these photos is an intimate setting and the other features honored guests.
    Guests with a noted history of being disrespected, no less.
    it's a bullshit straw man argument. Who is actually offended by her doing that? I could care less and I'm a liberal.
    I don't give a shit either, it's a natural result of the White House being a residence, why is there a couch in there at all?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    mrussel1 said:

dignin said:

The Wire?
    I forced my way through the first season this past year and it didn't hook me. Can't see how some say this is better then the Sopranos.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

mrussel1 said:

dignin said:

The Wire?
    I forced my way through the first season this past year and it didn't hook me. Can't see how some say this is better then the Sopranos.
    Oh, I think it was great. Definitely in my top 3 HBO series. I also thought Rome was spectacular. Was disappointed that it ended so soon.
  • Options
    Kat said:

Who acts like that at work? She says she's a professional...show that then.
    And I don't think those two images are equal and I don't think President Obama should have posed for that one either.

Not only is she perched on the sofa... she's on her phone playing Candy Crush. It makes her look like a spoiled teenager.

For the photo and given this party's ridiculous image... it might have been reasonable to strike a pose with the rest of the idiots and 'get comfy' afterwards.

I don't give a shit really. I just think it's par for the course with this gaggle of clods. The Cletuses cannot be deterred in any way, shape or form with this fool. He's blatantly corrupt. He's a pathological liar. He's potentially treasonous. Hes racist. He's a sex offender. And... he's orange. The simpletons remain optimistic though: it's time for a change!

And did I read correctly? Tax breaks for corporations? If so... hahahahahahaha! Cletus should feel that change I'm sure.

F**king ridiculous.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,577
    edited March 2017
    dignin said:

Pictured in the pit from left to right.....

Fuckin McNulty, D'Angelo Barksdale (murdered in prison), The Bunk.
  • Options
  • Options

dignin said:

Bunk also shows up on Ray Donovan too. Pretty good show.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    From the dossier

“Russian regime has been cultivating, supporting and assisting TRUMP for at least 5 years”

we're not even talking about the tape.

It's the illegal shit that will bring him down, not his policies.

Don't be distracted

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,577
    mrussel1 said:

dignin said:

Bunk also shows up on Ray Donovan too. Pretty good show.
    And Treme...another awesome HBO series from The Wire creator David Simon
  • Options
    j1kotwicj1kotwic Posts: 168

j1kotwic said:

rgambs said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

Haha. One supposedly sane speech read off a teleprompter (didn't watch it) and the Trump apologists are confident and out in full force.

He will be back to full narcissist on twitter in less than a day and the AMT Trump supporters will run away with their tails between their legs again.

Bunch of suckers.

I have a feeling you don't know what that word means. But that's okay, stick around on the AMT and you will eventually catch on.
    Certain people will never support Trump no matter what he says/does. We saw that clearly tonight. Let's create more jobs!!! The left sits on their hands. Come on. That was one example. I am not going anywhere and nothing anyone says will hurt my feelings. ;)
    Careful Buck, if you voted Trump or agree with any of Trump's policies means you are a racist bigot anti-Semite disgrace of a human being on the AMT forum... They will label you so fast around here it will make your head spin. I know from experience. I have found it's best not to post too often here but you can do as you please. I mainly come here to read the other side of the argument which usually ends up confirming my initial stance on the issues.
    Easy now.

I mean sure... people might have fairly pointed out that Trump supporters might not be the brightest stars in the sky, but they haven't categorically gone as far as you have stated.

If you think you've got a champion as a president then good for you. Your reality is what you make it.
    So they haven't said things like this?

j1kotwic said:
    » show previous quotes
    I support him because Americans elected him and he is our now our president. I voted for him because I thought he was a better option than Hillary. That doesn't mean I'm aligned with him on every issue though. This means I'm a stupid racist?

Yes it does mean you are a racist. You are the company you keep.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on January 25

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    rssesq said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GItsLIC-Ew0

US(A) FIRST.
    u betta believe it. No more new highways built with AMERICAN tax dollars in foreign countries while ours crumble.

That sounds exactly like what myself and the rest of the progressives/democrats have been saying since 2002 when Cowboy Georgie and his cronies robbed the country blind via "regime change" in the middle east... haliburton... no bid contracts... I remember all that shit

Now all of the sudden the Republicans want to get on that train after all the damage is done and trillions are spent/stolen in their neocon foreign escapades lol

• Options
    Great headline... "Trump Tries On Normal".

I for one would welcome normal at this point.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/donald-trump-congress-speech-235547?lo=ap_a1
  • Options
    Jason P said:

mrussel1 said:

dignin said:

The Wire?
    It is tough to follow at first, takes awhile to get on to the lingo, but it couldn't recommend it enough.

Like mrussel1 said, easily in my top 3 for HBO, and that is a high bar.

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,707
    j1kotwic said:

rgambs said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

Bunch of suckers.

No, you won't be labelled if you support trump or his policies. What happens is people tend to get labelled after they try and explain how and why they support trump's racism and xenophobia. It comes out in their explanation. Since you're not racist, maybe you cam explain how you can support someone who is and whose policies are founded in prejudice?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited March 2017
    Conservatives:

Is it "Buy American"... or is it "Free Market"

Because the free market theory you guys have been selling me for decades tells me the thing to do is buy the best product for the best price, period, creating organic competition which theoreticaly benefits everyone.

I thought us progressives were all about "Fair Trade", buy I saw a lot of conservative cheering on the bafoon when he tauted fair trade and didn't have much to say about free markets

I'm getting a little confused lol

Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Trump is getting praise because he didn't call anyone a dummy in a live speech.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,707
    my2hands said:

Conservatives:

Is it "Buy American"... or is it "Free Market"

Because the free market theory you guys have been selling me for decades tells me the thing to do is buy the best product for the best price, period, creating organic competition which theoreticaly benefits everyone.

I thought us progressives were all about "Fair Trade", buy I saw a lot of conservative cheering on the bafoon when he tauted fair trade and didn't have much to say about free markets

I'm getting a little confused lol

Watching the conservative reaction to trump's trade policies is pretty amusing. They don't really know what the outcomes will be or the economic effects, but you know, America first and all.
This discussion has been closed.