Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    dignin said:

dignin said:

Haha. One supposedly sane speech read off a teleprompter (didn't watch it) and the Trump apologists are confident and out in full force.

He will be back to full narcissist on twitter in less than a day and the AMT Trump supporters will run away with their tails between their legs again.

Bunch of suckers.

Some people will never support progress......
    I have a feeling you don't know what that word means. But that's okay, stick around on the AMT and you will eventually catch on.
    Some people will never support progess....
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    dignin said:

Haha. One supposedly sane speech read off a teleprompter (didn't watch it) and the Trump apologists are confident and out in full force.

He will be back to full narcissist on twitter in less than a day and the AMT Trump supporters will run away with their tails between their legs again.

Bunch of suckers.

Who has run away? You are right that he will return though...an the bait will be taken again.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    My thoughts and prayers.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

dignin said:

dignin said:

Bunch of suckers.

I have a feeling you don't know what that word means. But that's okay, stick around on the AMT and you will eventually catch on.
    Are you referring to Trump? Maybe yourself? I'm confused, can you elaborate?
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

vaggar99 said:

the rich are doing extremely well in the U.S. Does anyone disagree? Then why do they need tax breaks?

Not sure what you are aiming for here?

tax breaks for corporations=tax breaks for the rich
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Didn't watch it. We didn't want our night to be ruined. I'll watch it eventually, though. Cheers, all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dignin said:

My thoughts and prayers.

Trump gives all the ladies the "tingles"
  • Options
    dignin said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

Bunch of suckers.

Certain people will never support Trump no matter what he says/does. We saw that clearly tonight. Let's create more jobs!!! The left sits on their hands. Come on. That was one example. I am not going anywhere and nothing anyone says will hurt my feelings. ;)
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Trump is Bannon's blunt instrument to reinstill post modern nationalism ala turn of the century Europe. Economic integration and co dependence has created the longest period of first world peace since the Middle Ages. This is not an exaggeration. The old ties of sectarianism, blood and soil are rearing their heads. Conservatives would be wise not to applaud it.

@BS44325 I would expect you to know the difference between conservatism and nationalism.

I do know the difference and you are not wrong on what economic integration has accomplished. The problem is that the pendulum has swung to far and this integration is failing in some areas. The question is whether the plan going forward is a full on return to nationalism or a restructuring of the integration along with expectations from those who are participating. I think the latter is more likely. Either way the point I have made repeatedly is the status quo is failing and will ultimately fail. A restructuring of some kind or another is necessary.
    Is it? I would disagree. We are going through a period of great economic ADVANCEMENT. It's similar to what happened with the invention of the cotton gin or industrial revolution. It leaves lower skill workers behind. It's sad but it's happened every century. This round, for us, are manufacturing workers from the mid west who didn't go to college. Something should be done to help them (I'm a liberal after all) but that doesn't mean you halt progress.

The standard of living in this country and around the world has never been higher in aggregate. How is that failing?
    Weren't you speaking more globally? If you were simply referring to the US then again you are not wrong on standard of living but the system as it exists certainly is failing many. This includes the inner cities and the manufacturing class where education policy is failing and these people will suffer even more when entitlement programs collapse under their own weight. The math is unsustainable.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,702
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Trump is Bannon's blunt instrument to reinstill post modern nationalism ala turn of the century Europe. Economic integration and co dependence has created the longest period of first world peace since the Middle Ages. This is not an exaggeration. The old ties of sectarianism, blood and soil are rearing their heads. Conservatives would be wise not to applaud it.

@BS44325 I would expect you to know the difference between conservatism and nationalism.

I do know the difference and you are not wrong on what economic integration has accomplished. The problem is that the pendulum has swung to far and this integration is failing in some areas. The question is whether the plan going forward is a full on return to nationalism or a restructuring of the integration along with expectations from those who are participating. I think the latter is more likely. Either way the point I have made repeatedly is the status quo is failing and will ultimately fail. A restructuring of some kind or another is necessary.
    Is it? I would disagree. We are going through a period of great economic ADVANCEMENT. It's similar to what happened with the invention of the cotton gin or industrial revolution. It leaves lower skill workers behind. It's sad but it's happened every century. This round, for us, are manufacturing workers from the mid west who didn't go to college. Something should be done to help them (I'm a liberal after all) but that doesn't mean you halt progress.

The standard of living in this country and around the world has never been higher in aggregate. How is that failing?
    Weren't you speaking more globally? If you were simply referring to the US then again you are not wrong on standard of living but the system as it exists certainly is failing many. This includes the inner cities and the manufacturing class where education policy is failing and these people will suffer even more when entitlement programs collapse under their own weight. The math is unsustainable.
    Things aren't perfect and reform are needed, but economic protectionism is not the answer. That's what I fear from this president and the brain pulling the strings.
  • Options
    Van Jones just said that Trump figured out how to hit three pointers tonight and that if he can keep it up the democrats are screwed.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Things aren't perfect and reform are needed, but economic protectionism is not the answer. That's what I fear from this president and the brain pulling the strings.
    I think we agree. I guess I am optimistic that there is a happy medium in there somewhere.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,702

I love America and like what he is saying......

trump appeals to certain people's emotions and not their intellect.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

dignin said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

Bunch of suckers.

Certain people will never support Trump no matter what he says/does. We saw that clearly tonight. Let's create more jobs!!! The left sits on their hands. Come on. That was one example. I am not going anywhere and nothing anyone says will hurt my feelings. ;)
    Then perhaps you should aim for learning how to debate and not just troll.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    1 average speech and the Trumpers rejoice in glee

lol
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    my2hands said:

1 average speech and the Trumpers rejoice in glee

lol

it's quite genius. set the bar as low as possible, and then BAM!!, deliver a C+ performance. That's how you get through life as a con man.
  • Options
    One average speech and all of a sudden a month of criticism just melts away. It demonstrates how easy Trump can flip the switch on the day's narrative. The #resistance can't hold. They are overmatched.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

One average speech and all of a sudden a month of criticism just melts away. It demonstrates how easy Trump can flip the switch on the day's narrative. The #resistance can't hold. They are overmatched.

remember our discussion about short attention spans? i don't
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

trump manages to sound sane for a full hour and Republicans all over rejoice. love it.

Not exactly. He baited the opposition for a whole month as President and made you all look insane.
    You have to have disabled all perception of rationality and decorum to view his opponents as the ones who are lacking sanity.

You have this silly idea that Trump is some mastermind homunculus that has Twitter feuds to "bait" his opponents, an idea which completely ignores and discounts his entire history of public life and his inability to restrain his thoughts and emotions. You should know better, I don't know how you can square it.
    It is simple to square. The history of his public life on the whole is "winning". Like you I don't enjoy his style or his decorum but this doesn't change the fact that he keeps winning. So when someone repeatedly "wins" I try to figure out why. Trump is no doubt mad but there is definitely method to the madness. He has neutered the #resistance.
    Hahaha winning? His failed companies, his vastly overstated wealth, his massive debts and bankruptcies, his status as a pop culture joke, yeah, he's a winner!
    He has been treading water for decades and buying his gold-veneered bullshit makes you look as ignorant and the average American yokel.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,688
    BS44325 said:

Makes you proud doesn't it professor? Your "brilliance" on display?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/widow-of-navy-seal-takes-spotlight-as-president-trump-addresses-congress/2017/02/28/4fcb899a-fe2f-11e6-8ebe-6e0dbe4f2bca_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_ryanwidow-1035pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.c3367859d2ec

The man has no scruples but you're proud of the fact he's a white nationalist, fascist, aren't you? You heard those dog whistles, didn't you?

Follow the money like Issa, Bush and Ryan, impeach Trump. One speech don't make the facts go away.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

"My job is not to represent the world; my job is to represent the United States of America."

"Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Meanwhile... back here on planet earth... rustbelt factories and Appalachian coal mines are still shuttered while we wait for the resurrection of the 1950's based ecocony
  • Options
    rgambs said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

Bunch of suckers.

Then perhaps you should aim for learning how to debate and not just troll.
    I am not debating anything.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

trump manages to sound sane for a full hour and Republicans all over rejoice. love it.

Not exactly. He baited the opposition for a whole month as President and made you all look insane.
    You have to have disabled all perception of rationality and decorum to view his opponents as the ones who are lacking sanity.

You have this silly idea that Trump is some mastermind homunculus that has Twitter feuds to "bait" his opponents, an idea which completely ignores and discounts his entire history of public life and his inability to restrain his thoughts and emotions. You should know better, I don't know how you can square it.
    It is simple to square. The history of his public life on the whole is "winning". Like you I don't enjoy his style or his decorum but this doesn't change the fact that he keeps winning. So when someone repeatedly "wins" I try to figure out why. Trump is no doubt mad but there is definitely method to the madness. He has neutered the #resistance.
    Hahaha winning? His failed companies, his vastly overstated wealth, his massive debts and bankruptcies, his status as a pop culture joke, yeah, he's a winner!
    He has been treading water for decades and buying his gold-veneered bullshit makes you look as ignorant and the average American yokel.
    You're right. That was a total loser on that podium last night.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Makes you proud doesn't it professor? Your "brilliance" on display?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/widow-of-navy-seal-takes-spotlight-as-president-trump-addresses-congress/2017/02/28/4fcb899a-fe2f-11e6-8ebe-6e0dbe4f2bca_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_ryanwidow-1035pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.c3367859d2ec

The man has no scruples but you're proud of the fact he's a white nationalist, fascist, aren't you? You heard those dog whistles, didn't you?

Follow the money like Issa, Bush and Ryan, impeach Trump. One speech don't make the facts go away.
    You're right too. A night full of dog whistles. That was complete white nationalism and facism on display. How do I keep getting it so wrong?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

You're right. That was a total loser on that podium last night.
    He certainly won the Presidency, there's no doubt about that. He did it because rubes bought his poorly crafted "winner" persona, but hey, a win is a win I guess.
  • Options
    I live watching conservatives fall in love with a man they hated

After 30+ years of "free trade" and the "free market is the answer to everything" they are now doing backflips to become protectionists cheering on tarrifs and trade wars

lol i love this shit
  • Options

dignin said:

dignin said:

Bunch of suckers.

Who defines what is progress?
  • Options
    By the way... does Kellyanne really have her feet on the white house sofa?

Come on, man!
  • Options
    my2hands said:

By the way... does Kellyanne really have her feet on the white house sofa?

Come on, man!

don't run with that one. much bigger fish to fry. i think she was simply taking a picture.
This discussion has been closed.