Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is preparing a sweeping executive order that would clear the way for the Central Intelligence Agency to reopen overseas “black site” prisons, like those where it detained and tortured terrorism suspects before former President Obama shut them down.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    According to an email sent Monday morning and obtained by BuzzFeed News, the department told staff — including some 2,000 scientists — at the agency’s main in-house research arm, the Agricultural Research Service (ARS), to stop communicating with the public about taxpayer-funded work.

“Starting immediately and until further notice, ARS will not release any public-facing documents,” Sharon Drumm, chief of staff for ARS, wrote in a department-wide email shared with BuzzFeed News.

“This includes, but is not limited to, news releases, photos, fact sheets, news feeds, and social media content,” she added.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,894

Latest tweet folks
    Congratulations to @FoxNews for being number one in inauguration ratings. They were many times higher than FAKE NEWS @CNN - public is smart! If Chicago doesn't fix the horrible "carnage" going on, 228 shootings in 2017 with 42 killings (up 24% from 2016), I will send in the Feds! Big day planned on NATIONAL SECURITY tomorrow. Among many other things, we will build the wall!
    https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

and it's another lie, "amoung" all the rest. CNN posted the actual figures, from reuters: 34 million for CNN, 34 million for Fox, and CNN had 16 million on mobile devices.

and even if it wasn't, the president taking sides with media is a very slippery slope.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

According to an email sent Monday morning and obtained by BuzzFeed News, the department told staff — including some 2,000 scientists — at the agency’s main in-house research arm, the Agricultural Research Service (ARS), to stop communicating with the public about taxpayer-funded work.

“Starting immediately and until further notice, ARS will not release any public-facing documents,” Sharon Drumm, chief of staff for ARS, wrote in a department-wide email shared with BuzzFeed News.

“This includes, but is not limited to, news releases, photos, fact sheets, news feeds, and social media content,” she added.
    This is crazy.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    I

JC29856 said:

Reminder:
    It's January 25, 2017
    The sky is blue and its still up there.
    There are 3 branches of government, executive, legislative and judicial.

And every member of those three branches of government have a frequent customer card from Comet Pizza.
    Lol...

How about some music?

https://youtu.be/DdXdSL8xNYg
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    2012 Democrats- "We need more government in every aspect of our life"
    2017 Democrats- "The government is interrupting my twitter feed"
  • Options
    j1kotwicj1kotwic Posts: 168

j1kotwic said:

vaggar99 said:

who here still supports this guy? and why?

Stupidity and racism.
    I support him because Americans elected him and he is our now our president. I voted for him because I thought he was a better option than Hillary. That doesn't mean I'm aligned with him on every issue though. This means I'm a stupid racist?

So you made a really bad decision. And now you're just going to 'fall in line' because he's your president? My gawd man.

And sorry, but questions regarding your critical thinking ability emerge when you say you "thought he was a better option..." You might be a hell of a guy, but eesh. Trump was a steep price to pay to stick it to the establishment (not that you did that anyways... you voted for an silver spoon fed billionaire instead of a millionaire).
    I don't think I made a bad decision. I think I voted for the better of the two options... it was a difficult decision that I struggled with at times. I think you guys need to realize that half of the voters chose a different candidate than you and not all of them are morons and/or racists.

• Options
    j1kotwicj1kotwic Posts: 168

j1kotwic said:

vaggar99 said:

Stupidity and racism.
    I support him because Americans elected him and he is our now our president. I voted for him because I thought he was a better option than Hillary. That doesn't mean I'm aligned with him on every issue though. This means I'm a stupid racist?

If we went back and forth about why you thought he was a better option than Clinton, that would reveal what style of thinking you prefer.
    Yeah maybe. But who wants to hear from a stupid racist.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    fuck black sites... fuck torture... fuck my president
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,758

Jesus H, he just threatened to bring "the feds"?!

No shit. I wonder what the chain of command is for something like that. Would Rahm or our piece of shit Governor Rauner have to make a request for the feds to step in?
    Trump is an absolute fucking clown, but he is right that something needs to be done here....this shit is getting out of control. Not sure how the process would actually work, but the violence is just too much right now and it's still winter....just wait until it starts getting warm out.
    I agree that something needs to be done, but I feel Trump is trying to run things as one drunk, bigoted guy might from within the pub after having a few and beginning to feel really smart- just spouting off with the first thing that pops into his head: illegal immigrants... a wall; terrorism... deport Muslims; crime in Chicago... feds; women don't listen... grab them by the p**sy; America sucks... make America great again; etc.

He's a f**king idiot. Pure and simple.
    I agree with everything you said 100%. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that something needs to be done about the violence in Chicago.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    PJPOWER said:

2012 Democrats- "We need more government in every aspect of our life"
    2017 Democrats- "The government is interrupting my twitter feed"

Republicans always (in theory) - "we need smaller government with less control over our lives"

Republicans 2017 (and really, most times, in practice) - "government is taking control over even more aspects of our lives and attempting to suppress discussion about it - I love that!"
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

No shit. I wonder what the chain of command is for something like that. Would Rahm or our piece of shit Governor Rauner have to make a request for the feds to step in?
    Trump is an absolute fucking clown, but he is right that something needs to be done here....this shit is getting out of control. Not sure how the process would actually work, but the violence is just too much right now and it's still winter....just wait until it starts getting warm out.
    I agree that something needs to be done, but I feel Trump is trying to run things as one drunk, bigoted guy might from within the pub after having a few and beginning to feel really smart- just spouting off with the first thing that pops into his head: illegal immigrants... a wall; terrorism... deport Muslims; crime in Chicago... feds; women don't listen... grab them by the p**sy; America sucks... make America great again; etc.

I agree with everything you said 100%. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that something needs to be done about the violence in Chicago.
    Maybe if we enacted really really strict gun laws in that dump...wait...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,617
    PJPOWER said:

Always a good start to a debate when you refer to someone's city as a dump...
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

Sorry, meant to say "holy shrine to far left democracy"
  • Options
    j1kotwic said:

I don't think I made a bad decision. I think I voted for the better of the two options...

U.S. President Donald Trump's administration has instructed the Environmental Protection Agency to remove the climate change page from its website, two agency employees told Reuters, the latest move by the newly minted leadership to erase ex-President Barack Obama's climate change initiatives.

The employees were notified by EPA officials on Tuesday that the administration had instructed EPA's communications team to remove the website's climate change page, which contains links to scientific global warming research, as well as detailed data on emissions. The page could go down as early as Wednesday, the sources said.

"If the website goes dark, years of work we have done on climate change will disappear," one of the EPA staffers told Reuters, who added some employees were scrambling to save some of the information housed on the website, or convince the Trump administration to preserve parts of it.

The sources asked not to be named because they were not authorized to speak to the media.

Sure you did.

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

PJPOWER said:

Lol yea i was just going to comment..not a dump but yes harsher punishment with guns in chitown are needed. Maybe the "feds" can help..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,706
    Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

Do you have a better idea to stop the violence? We can let these murder numbers climb another 25% this year and watch the city continue on a path to shit..Cops can't get it done, Rahm hasn't been able to, so what do we do? Get the Fed's in and help with the root cause..the poverty, the gangs, the drugs, etc.. I'm with "the donald" on this one. (Disclaimer: I didn't vote for the bafoon)..trademark josevolution.
    Fearful and desperate people tend to be the ones who end up supporting dictators.
    I am neither..what do you suggest in Chicago?
    I recommend first that people reject any trump proposal that includes larger, heavy handed federal government response (which will be most of his proposals outside of budget cuts) then I recommend that people read about gang behavior and gang interventions. Then they should look at all that data broadly, come up with their own ideas (borrowed or new) about what to do and go from there. It can be ppealing to to some to default to the lowest common denominator of a police state, but you should fight that urge.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    edited January 2017

Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

Do you have a better idea to stop the violence? We can let these murder numbers climb another 25% this year and watch the city continue on a path to shit..Cops can't get it done, Rahm hasn't been able to, so what do we do? Get the Fed's in and help with the root cause..the poverty, the gangs, the drugs, etc.. I'm with "the donald" on this one. (Disclaimer: I didn't vote for the bafoon)..trademark josevolution.
    Fearful and desperate people tend to be the ones who end up supporting dictators.
    I recommend first that people reject any trump proposal that includes larger, heavy handed federal government response (which will be most of his proposals outside of budget cuts) then I recommend that people read about gang behavior and gang interventions. Then they should look at all that data broadly, come up with their own ideas (borrowed or new) about what to do and go from there. It can be ppealing to to some to default to the lowest common denominator of a police state, but you should fight that urge.
    Very solid recommendations..i would bet that law enforcement and other groups have previously read into gang behavior and looked at all the data available wouldn't you think? This has been going on in Chicago for years. So in that case when all else has failed, (which I believe we could be at that point) what do you do??
    Post edited by Wma31394 on
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    j1kotwic said:

I don't think I made a bad decision. I think I voted for the better of the two options...

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the DOJ’s Violence Against Women programs.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the National Endowment for the Arts.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the National Endowment for the Humanities.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Minority Business Development Agency.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Economic Development Administration.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the International Trade Administration.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Manufacturing Extension Partnership.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Legal Services Corporation.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Environmental and Natural Resources Division of the DOJ.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Overseas Private Investment Corporation.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Electricity Deliverability and Energy Reliability.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Fossil Energy.

* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered all regulatory powers of all federal agencies frozen.

* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered the National Parks Service to stop using social media after RTing factual, side by side photos of the crowds for the 2009 and 2017 inaugurations.

* On January 20th, 2017, roughly 230 protestors were arrested in DC and face unprecedented felony riot charges. Among them were legal observers, journalists, and medics.

* On January 20th, 2017, a member of the International Workers of the World was shot in the stomach at an anti-fascist protest in Seattle. He remains in critical condition.

* On January 21st, 2017, DT brought a group of 40 cheerleaders to a meeting with the CIA to cheer for him during a speech that consisted almost entirely of framing himself as the victim of dishonest press.

* On January 21st, 2017, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer held a press conference largely to attack the press for accurately reporting the size of attendance at the inaugural festivities, saying that the inauguration had the largest audience of any in history, “period.”

* On January 22nd, 2017, White House advisor Kellyann Conway defended Spicer’s lies as “alternative facts” on national television news.

* On January 22nd, 2017, DT appeared to blow a kiss to director James Comey during a meeting with the FBI, and then opened his arms in a gesture of strange, paternal affection, before hugging him with a pat on the back.

* On January 23rd, 2017, DT reinstated the global gag order, which defunds international organizations that even mention abortion as a medical option.

* On January 23rd, 2017, Spicer said that the US will not tolerate China’s expansion onto islands in the South China Sea, essentially threatening war with China.

* On January 23rd, 2017, DT repeated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing him the popular vote.

* On January 23rd, 2017, it was announced that the man who shot the anti-fascist protester in Seattle was released without charges, despite turning himself in.

* On January 24th, 2017, Spicer reiterated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing DT the popular vote.

* On January 24th, 2017, DT tweeted a picture from his personal Twitter account of a photo he says depicts the crowd at his inauguration and will hang in the White House press room. The photo is of the 2009 inauguration of 44th President Barack Obama, and is curiously dated January 21st, 2017, the day AFTER the inauguration and the day of the Women’s March, the largest inauguration related protest in history.

* On January 24th, 2017, the EPA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to freeze all grants and contracts.

* On January 24th, 2017, the USDA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to stop publishing any papers or research. All communication with the press would also have to be authorized and vetted by the White House.

* On January 24th, 2017, HR7, a bill that would prohibit federal funding not only to abortion service providers, but to any insurance coverage, including Medicaid, that provides abortion coverage, went to the floor of the House for a vote.

* On January 24th, 2017, DT ordered the resumption of construction on the Dakota Access Pipeline, while the North Dakota state congress considers a bill that would legalize hitting and killing protestors with cars if they are on roadways.

* On January 24th, 2017, it was discovered that police officers had used confiscated cell phones to search the emails and messages of the 230 demonstrators now facing felony riot charges for protesting on January 20th, including lawyers and journalists whose email accounts contain privileged information of clients and sources.

Sure you did x2.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    This isn't going to stop anytime soon, I'm afraid. Unfuckingreal.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    j1kotwic said:

j1kotwic said:

vaggar99 said:

Stupidity and racism.

So you made a really bad decision. And now you're just going to 'fall in line' because he's your president? My gawd man.

And sorry, but questions regarding your critical thinking ability emerge when you say you "thought he was a better option..." You might be a hell of a guy, but eesh. Trump was a steep price to pay to stick it to the establishment (not that you did that anyways... you voted for an silver spoon fed billionaire instead of a millionaire).
    I don't think I made a bad decision. I think I voted for the better of the two options... it was a difficult decision that I struggled with at times. I think you guys need to realize that half of the voters chose a different candidate than you and not all of them are morons and/or racists.

There were more than two options, you know.
  • Options

Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

But, but, but...Guns!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Never thought I'd see the day when I actually appreciated this image...

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Yes. The governor has to make the request. Think back to Katrina. Bush couldn't send troops until Governor Blanco made the official request.
    Which bring us to multiple scenarios of agencies and government employees not following our new dictators orders. What follows that, and what are the implications? The system runs on a certain level of faith and trust. Trump is effing with that and he has no clue whatsoever.
    No. It doesn't lead to multiple scenerios. The Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act detail requirements and limitations for a federal government to intervene.
    You're just referring to what trump said about Chicago. But even in that single scenario, trump will interpret those as giving him permission to send "the feds". He will probably be told no, and then it what hapoens after that matters. You seem to be under the impression that trump is educated on anything about the federal government and is willing to respect the limits placed on it.
    He also has a pen and a phone.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Yes. The governor has to make the request. Think back to Katrina. Bush couldn't send troops until Governor Blanco made the official request.
    Which bring us to multiple scenarios of agencies and government employees not following our new dictators orders. What follows that, and what are the implications? The system runs on a certain level of faith and trust. Trump is effing with that and he has no clue whatsoever.
    No. It doesn't lead to multiple scenerios. The Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act detail requirements and limitations for a federal government to intervene.
    You're just referring to what trump said about Chicago. But even in that single scenario, trump will interpret those as giving him permission to send "the feds". He will probably be told no, and then it what hapoens after that matters. You seem to be under the impression that trump is educated on anything about the federal government and is willing to respect the limits placed on it.
    And probably a person or two providing legal counsel...
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Yawn. Yup, he's just like Obama. Got it.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,237
    j1kotwic said:

j1kotwic said:

vaggar99 said:

Stupidity and racism.

clearly not all who voted for him are racists but the other description seems pretty apt.
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

Very solid recommendations..i would bet that law enforcement and other groups have previously read into gang behavior and looked at all the data available wouldn't you think? This has been going on in Chicago for years. So in that case when all else has failed, (which I believe we could be at that point) what do you do??
    Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

Your making some assumptions. I don't know how thoroughly Chicago has looked into interventions that could work. Also when you say "all else has failed", that means they've tried everything, which is really unlikely.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

And probably a person or two providing legal counsel...
    That are telling him he can do whatever he wants to do. We're not dealing with Abe Lincoln here. Try to pay attention
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Yawn. Yup, he's just like Obama. Got it.
    With the big difference being that Trump will not tolerate the carnage that is Chicago.
This discussion has been closed.