Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2017
    its a beautiful 70 degrees and sunny here... i'm headed home in a few... going to open up all the windows for a nice breeze... put on some tunes... and get so stoned I forget Donald Trump is my president lol
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    my2hands said:

its a beautiful 70 degrees and sunny here... i'm headed home in a few... going to open up all the windows for a nice breeze... put on some tunes... and get so stoned I forget Donald Trump is my president lol

:clap: Sounds like a good plan!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options

jeffbr said:

Tiki said:

With this administration I hesitate to even bring the legal US weed up...

Bring it on. I'm sure my state, Washington, is already on Trump's radar anyway. Our governor has already told Trump to fuck off in general, and said he'd be working in opposition. Our attorney general was the one who brought the initial lawsuit against the immigration ban, and the ban was initially overturned in a federal court in this state. So if Trump wants to start a states' rights war with us, we're ready to party. Fuck Trump and fuck Sessions.
    While MA is dragging its ass on getting dispensaries up & running, recreational is at least legal here in the Commonwealth since November. Like Washington, I think MA will continue to be one of the states at odds w/ this administration, so I hope the local laws hold.

I wouldn’t think this admin would go after something so innocuous as legalized weed; but at the same time, I agree w/ Tiki, I don’t trust this f’er, not for one second.
    I don't trust him either. And just as I was tooting my governor's horn, Jay Inslee just issued an executive order of his own "that expressly prohibits state agencies from inquiring about a person's immigration status, participating in federal immigration raids, or aiding in the creation of a religious registry." He said: state agencies would not participate in federal civil immigration raids that President Trump has now characterized as a "military operation."
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,738
    Here in Oregon our Gov issued a similar EO.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,012

jeffbr said:

Tiki said:

Bring it on. I'm sure my state, Washington, is already on Trump's radar anyway. Our governor has already told Trump to fuck off in general, and said he'd be working in opposition. Our attorney general was the one who brought the initial lawsuit against the immigration ban, and the ban was initially overturned in a federal court in this state. So if Trump wants to start a states' rights war with us, we're ready to party. Fuck Trump and fuck Sessions.
    While MA is dragging its ass on getting dispensaries up & running, recreational is at least legal here in the Commonwealth since November. Like Washington, I think MA will continue to be one of the states at odds w/ this administration, so I hope the local laws hold.

I wouldn’t think this admin would go after something so innocuous as legalized weed; but at the same time, I agree w/ Tiki, I don’t trust this f’er, not for one second.
    I'm not sure it's so innocuous when there's an imbalance in the number of white arrests versus black arrests, and effectively parity in black versus white use of marijuana (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/06/04/the-blackwhite-marijuana-arrest-gap-in-nine-charts/?utm_term=.dd73626b963b). Having recently watched Ava DuVernay's documentary, 13th, which ties together the War on Drugs, racism, and mass incarceration for free or cheap labour, I can't help but think that even the criminalization of marijuana can be quite nefarious and impactful.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,471
    my2hands said:

I'll be doing the same later !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,012

my2hands said:

No matter where we live, some rituals transcend borders :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

jeffbr said:

Tiki said:

I'm not sure it's so innocuous when there's an imbalance in the number of white arrests versus black arrests, and effectively parity in black versus white use of marijuana (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/06/04/the-blackwhite-marijuana-arrest-gap-in-nine-charts/?utm_term=.dd73626b963b). Having recently watched Ava DuVernay's documentary, 13th, which ties together the War on Drugs, racism, and mass incarceration for free or cheap labour, I can't help but think that even the criminalization of marijuana can be quite nefarious and impactful.
    I meant the 'drug' itself is innocuous (as compared to alcohol, or other forms of medication, self or otherwise) and shouldn't be illegal. The war on drugs as a whole has been a disaster on many levels (your points very much included), I think you & I are very much on the same page there.

my2hands said:

+1, I have a feeling my b-day show from last year (Philly, 4/28) will be the playlist for this afternoon's ride home.
  • Options
    Spoke too f'ing soon

F this administration....... they're trying to set this country back decades.

• Options

Spoke too f'ing soon

hahahahaha

Priceless.

Sorry, but from the confines of Canada... this is so damn amusing.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Spoke too f'ing soon

hahahahaha

Priceless.

Sorry, but from the confines of Canada... this is so damn amusing.
    I hear ya, if I lived outside of this country, I would be laughing my ass off too.

This shit's embarrassing on so many different levels, I'm ashamed of my country.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,039
    Sorry for being so Nostradamus-y
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,780
    edited February 2017
    Steve Bannon Says Feud With ‘Corporatist, Globalist’ Media Will Only Get Worse
    “Every day there is going to be a fight.”

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. ― A few days after President Donald Trump drew rebukes for calling the media the “enemy of the American people,” his top strategist Steve Bannon showed no sign that the White House was willing to reconsider its feud with the press.

Speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference alongside White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus on Thursday, Bannon warned the situation between the administration and the fourth estate will only get worse.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/steve-bannon-media-cpac_us_58af38f3e4b0780bac2761e3?
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    benjs said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS... youre a tricky one so I would like to ask some direct questions... we may disagree, but at least your a conservative on here that can actually articulate your positions. I wouldn't mind having a whiskey or two with you and just talking things out. and who knows, maybe I could get you to try the liberal whacky weed while we were at it so I can get the real answers lol

what are your thoughts on the President going to Mar-A-Lago so frequently this early?

what are your thoughts on tax payers funding these trips which in turn Trump profits from? such as hosting the PM of Japan? any issue with the Trump profit piece of this issue?

what are your thoughts on the President visiting his 2 Florida golf courses 6 times and playing 7 rounds so far in his first month?

I will take being "tricky" as a compliment but I need to clarify a few things before answering the questions. First...you would absolutely love having a whisky with me...i know from your posts across the forum that you are deep into the band and I think you would find the same about me. Second...about "trying the liberal whacky weed"...I have probably smoked more of that shit then anybody on here but let there be no doubt that my answers don't change when I'm high...they in fact get far more convincing. Now in terms of your questions I am actually in agreement with you...I'm troubled by all of it. Can you believe it? I know...crazy. The difference is I recognize that the type of person you elected came with a whole set of problems that your country has never seen before. Maybe the people who voted for him understood this and maybe they didn't? Maybe people appreciated the secret service ramifications/costs and maybe they didn't? The man has properties, a huge family that travels globally, and this creates tremendous security costs no doubt about it. I also don't like that he profits from these security costs but I am not at the point "yet" where I am outraged by it or whether I think it is necessary to stop going to Mar A Lago altogether. Irrespective of all of this it still doesn't change my opinion or probably the opinion of his voters that he was/is still necessary for the times warts and all.

http://www.the-american-interest.com/2017/02/20/the-real-division-in-american-life-isnt-about-trump/

The status quo is no longer acceptable and people are demanding results. He will be judged on results. If nothing changes then issues like golf and trips deserve to weigh him down. If on the flip side things do improve (which many of you even refuse to admit is possible) then all the golf in the world won't matter.
    BS, I reckon I could give you a run for your money on the bolded department! Being in the same city, we'll have to give it a go some time :)
    I think bad brains would give all of you a run for your money.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Tiki said:

DJT believes in States rights, except when he doesn't.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,471
    benjs said:

my2hands said:

No matter where we live, some rituals transcend borders :)
    No doubt hermano !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Spoke too f'ing soon

Jesus Christ. What do they think they're going to do about it? Bring in federal LEOs to raid every legal retail weed store in each state? Withhold federal funds? Roll tanks into state capitols? "Taking action" my ass. Spicer should take action and kick his boss in the nuts for trotting him out there like a performing monkey day after day.
  • Options
    Tiki said:

Sorry for being so Nostradamus-y

Yeah......... thanks for nothin' Tiki.

(jk, hope you're well! =) )
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    jeffbr said:

Spoke too f'ing soon

Jesus Christ. What do they think they're going to do about it? Bring in federal LEOs to raid every legal retail weed store in each state? Withhold federal funds? Roll tanks into state capitols? "Taking action" my ass. Spicer should take action and kick his boss in the nuts for trotting him out there like a performing monkey day after day.
    Yeah, this won't fly. They're just trying to appear tough.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

Spoke too f'ing soon

W/ the exception of AK, I think every state where it's legal also voted against Herr Trump & President Bannon.

While some conservatives on here will try to chalk that up to a coincidence, don't kid yourself. This orange prick is as vindictive as they come.
  • Options
    I hate these uptight right wing nuts. The only politicians that still think weed should be on the schedule 1 list are being paid off by big pharma. The evidence is crystal clear now. It has medicinal value. That alone should be enough to allow it to be used for recreational use. I also can't believe people still use the term gateway drug. How stupid do you have to be to believe that?

As for Sean Spicer, i see this guy lasting another 6 months tops.

will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    John Prine - Illegal Smile

https://youtu.be/MmjnQjRvPUQ
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    Conservative logic:
    Discrimination against the trans-gendered is a state's rights issue
    States with constitutional amendments allowing recreational marijuana is an Federal issue
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    CM189191 said:

Conservative logic:
    States with constitutional amendments allowing recreational marijuana is an Federal issue

It makes no sense and I don't even think the conservative base wants a crackdown on legalized marijuana.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

Conservative logic:

Isn't cognitive dissonance a wonderful thing?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,828
    We finally found an issue where we are all united!
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,828
    edited February 2017
    More context... may not be that bad.. just shit bag talking in the wind..

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/federal-marijuana-enforcement-sean-spicer-235318
  • Options
    Finally!
This discussion has been closed.