Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

^^^
    There is also this for the modern folk.
    http://www.maralagoclub.com/
    I think it's great that there are other upscale places for leaders to meet.

And to react in front of the public while speaking on an unsecured cell phone after a North Korean Nuclear Test. Give me a fucking break. LOL
    Because you,I and all the guests that day are really worried about N. Korea.....
    Please
    I actually was worried that he held a public reactionary meeting that should have been private. If that doesn't trouble you in the slightest, then you really aren't paying attention. You don't know me. So don't ever speak for me.
    Again.
    There is no way in hell that you were actually worried.
    Grab a set man.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    edited February 2017

mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

^^^

And to react in front of the public while speaking on an unsecured cell phone after a North Korean Nuclear Test. Give me a fucking break. LOL
    Because you,I and all the guests that day are really worried about N. Korea.....
    Please
    I actually was worried that he held a public reactionary meeting that should have been private. If that doesn't trouble you in the slightest, then you really aren't paying attention. You don't know me. So don't ever speak for me.
    Again.
    Grab a set man.
    You've got a lot of nerve. You really do...I'll give you that much.

You do not speak for me. Troll all you want. It still doesn't change the fact that you have no idea what concerns me and that you don't speak for me.

EDIT: this is the last time that I plan on responding to your posts. It's just not worth my time at all. Your primary goal is to stir the pot and when someone provides a counter to your points, you don't respond with anything that is relevant to the point that they made. I may be new to the AMT, but I'm not new to this type of behavior.

I will not stand for anyone to speak for me or to put words in my mouth. You don't know me at all...and I'm ok with that. And life is too damn short for this senseless back and forth.

Let me know if you're ever ready to be polite, respectful and open enough to actually engage in a decent conversation. If so, great. If not, great.
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

EM194007 said:

I found this interesting. http://time.com/4672984/donald-trump-mar-a-lago/
    Over the years, Trump has filed three lawsuits against Palm Beach County alleging that air-traffic controllers directed the loudest jets over Mar-a-Lago, a mere 2½ miles from the main West Palm Beach runway. As part of a settlement, he gained the use of a parcel of land just south of the airport, which he turned into Trump International Golf Club. It took winning the presidency for Trump to prevail in his long-running fight with the airport. To protect the President, the Secret Service and the FAA have declared a one-mile buffer zone around the property, finally keeping the din of jet engines from marring his paradise.

Have you seen pictures of that place, Mar a Lago? It looks like a grotesque Disney creation. Figures Trump would call it "paradise." If that's his paradise, I wonder what his hell looks like?
    Do you know the history of Mar A Largo? Doesn't seem like you do. Marjorie Merriweather Post had the 128-room Palm Beach mansion built, and it was finished in 1927 for a total cost between 7-8 Million. That's a ass load of money for 1927. Post willed her home to the American Government upon her death with the intention that it be used as a warm weather retreat for the president. But in 1980, the Government returned the house to Post's daughters because the $1 million in annual maintenance costs. That was also the year the house was also declared a National Historic Landmark.

Hell, Scrump even paid 3 Million for Post's antiques and furniture, which most are still being used in the house today. The Government screwed up by giving it back to the family. Which ended up with Scrump buying it for $5 million in 1985. Probably the luckiest investment ever in his life time. Mar A Largo is now estimated to be worth $300 million. You can thank Jimmy Carter for that big FUCK UP, giving it back to the family. It should have stayed in the Governments possession, as Post wanted. Even if it was turned into a museum. like her Washington DC Mansion.

Just check out pics of the Post DC Mansion, and you can see why Mar A Largo looks like it does inside.

http://www.hillwoodmuseum.org/about-hillwood/mansion/entry-hall
    Where did you get the $300 million value? Property taxes are assessed on $21 million.

http://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/news/local/trump-billed-more-than-million-county-property-taxes/oJcIPtgmAFc3ZCoEaFpPlM/

We've been involved in the remolding of a few houses on the island. The last one, just south of Mar A Largo is on 3.5 Acres and is 42,800 square feet. It's taxed on $41,620,345 assessed value. The assessed value goes back on the last selling price and improvements, when they're done, plus any increases in local taxes, like school fire, waste, etc.going up. Last time Mar A Largo changed hands was in 1995, when he sold it (on paper) to Mar A Largo Inc, for $12,000,000.00.

Trust me, just that 20 acre piece of land, without the house or any other structures is worth more then $21 million. That $300 million estimate has came out of the mouth of a few prominent people who work for the county property appraisers office, and they say it's on the low side, if it were to go on the market for sale.

Just like the house next to me, they bought it for $220,000 back in 1997, and were paying just over $4,000 a year in taxes on it. She finally passed away last year, her kids sold it for $522,000. The new owners will be paying between $9,000 & $10,000 on taxes on the same house. Maybe more if the county finds out they're throwing another $100,000 into the house to fully upgrade it.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

^^^

Please
    Again.
    Grab a set man.

You do not speak for me. Troll all you want. It still doesn't change the fact that you have no idea what concerns me and that you don't speak for me.

EDIT: this is the last time that I plan on responding to your posts. It's just not worth my time at all. Your primary goal is to stir the pot and when some provides a counter to your points, you don't respond with anything that is relevant to the point that they made. I may be new to the AMT, but I'm not new to this type of behavior.

I will not stand for anyone to speak for me or to put words in my mouth. You don't know me at all...and I'm ok with that. And life is too damn short for this senseless back and forth.

Let me know if you're ever ready to be polite, respectful and open enough to actually engaging in a decent conversation. If so, great. If not, great.
    Troll in check
  • Options

EM194007 said:

Over the years, Trump has filed three lawsuits against Palm Beach County alleging that air-traffic controllers directed the loudest jets over Mar-a-Lago, a mere 2½ miles from the main West Palm Beach runway. As part of a settlement, he gained the use of a parcel of land just south of the airport, which he turned into Trump International Golf Club. It took winning the presidency for Trump to prevail in his long-running fight with the airport. To protect the President, the Secret Service and the FAA have declared a one-mile buffer zone around the property, finally keeping the din of jet engines from marring his paradise.

Have you seen pictures of that place, Mar a Lago? It looks like a grotesque Disney creation. Figures Trump would call it "paradise." If that's his paradise, I wonder what his hell looks like?
    Do you know the history of Mar A Largo? Doesn't seem like you do. Marjorie Merriweather Post had the 128-room Palm Beach mansion built, and it was finished in 1927 for a total cost between 7-8 Million. That's a ass load of money for 1927. Post willed her home to the American Government upon her death with the intention that it be used as a warm weather retreat for the president. But in 1980, the Government returned the house to Post's daughters because the $1 million in annual maintenance costs. That was also the year the house was also declared a National Historic Landmark.

Hell, Scrump even paid 3 Million for Post's antiques and furniture, which most are still being used in the house today. The Government screwed up by giving it back to the family. Which ended up with Scrump buying it for $5 million in 1985. Probably the luckiest investment ever in his life time. Mar A Largo is now estimated to be worth $300 million. You can thank Jimmy Carter for that big FUCK UP, giving it back to the family. It should have stayed in the Governments possession, as Post wanted. Even if it was turned into a museum. like her Washington DC Mansion.

Just check out pics of the Post DC Mansion, and you can see why Mar A Largo looks like it does inside.

http://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/news/local/trump-billed-more-than-million-county-property-taxes/oJcIPtgmAFc3ZCoEaFpPlM/

Whoever wrote that article must not have did their homework.

"* Trump has owned two houses immediately south of Mar-a-Lago since late 1993 and uses them to house family members when they’re in town. The larger house encompasses 7,863 square feet on a lot measuring three-quarters of an acre at 1094 S. Ocean Blvd. on the corner of Woodbridge Road. It has been billed $146,927 on its total market value of $8.52 million.

* Trump’s other house is next door at 124 Woodbridge Road and was assigned a total market value of $2.45 million in the latest tax roll, resulting in a tax bill of $42,332."

Those two homes back up to Mar A Largo on the northeast side of the property. Don't know where they got they're south of Mar A Largo.

First two house off of South Ocean Blvd.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/124+Woodbridge+Rd,+Palm+Beach,+FL+33480/@26.6776255,-80.0371939,180m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88d8d71c28a27235:0x46f2e1d43e6a5687!8m2!3d26.677828!4d-80.03699
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

^^^

Please
    Again.
    Grab a set man.

EDIT: this is the last time that I plan on responding to your posts. It's just not worth my time at all. Your primary goal is to stir the pot and when someone provides a counter to your points, you don't respond with anything that is relevant to the point that they made. I may be new to the AMT, but I'm not new to this type of behavior.

Let me know if you're ever ready to be polite, respectful and open enough to actually engage in a decent conversation. If so, great. If not, great.
    You said
    I actually was worried that he held a public reactionary meeting that should have been private.
    I called BS.
    What are you worried about?
  • Options
    Anyway...
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    mfc2006 said:

Anyway...

So, mfc........ how's the weather out in Portland?

Thread integrity: I'm sure the weather in Mar a Lago is pleasant, but is it that much better than in DC to make it worth $10 million in one month?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Cold & rainy...been a crazy winter here, actually.

$10+ million is insane. Bigly.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

I'm no Trump fan. But you know how the media is coming up with that number? It's off this trip Obama took in 2013, in which he flew from DC to Chicago, then down to Palm Beach, then back to DC.
    http://www.gao.gov/assets/690/680400.pdf

Yes, it's costing us a lot money. But no way it will cost the same just flying from DC to Palm Beach, and back to DC, as the trip Obama took. The trip Obama took would require having a Secret Service details in both cities, and flying all his support vehicles to both cities. No way in hell that both trips would cost the same amount of money.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

mfc2006 said:

I'm no Trump fan. But you know how the media is coming up with that number? It's off this trip Obama took in 2013, in which he flew from DC to Chicago, then down to Palm Beach, then back to DC.

Yes, it's costing us a lot money. But no way it will cost the same just flying from DC to Palm Beach, and back to DC, as the trip Obama took. The trip Obama took would require having a Secret Service details in both cities, and flying all his support vehicles to both cities. No way in hell that both trips would cost the same amount of money.
    Didn't Obamas security detail cost less in a year than Trumps has cost so far?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

EM194007 said:

mfc2006 said:

Why would his SS detail cost so much more in such a little bit of time? Got any proof of that, or is it just speculation?
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

mfc2006 said:

Why would his SS detail cost so much more in such a little bit of time? Got any proof of that, or is it just speculation?
    Well, wouldn't having to protect Trump Tower daily greatly increase the cost? Not to mention the place down in Florida every weekend. And then the boys trips overseas? You didn't have those issues with the Obamas because they're a relatively young family. I don't fault Trump for having a large family and needing them protected, i fault him for being a hypocrite. He made a campaign issue out of Obama's vacations and golfing and 30 days in or so, Trump has proven to be much worse. Another lie that Joe American barely getting by in the lower middle-class fell for.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

mfc2006 said:

It's going to get much worse as Melania spends most of her time in NYC with their son.
    Kind of ironic- a good friend of mine is a Trump supporter. He always used to bitch whenever Obama visited NYC because of all the traffic it created. I hope he's ready for a lot of traffic the next few years.

• Options

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

mfc2006 said:

Well, wouldn't having to protect Trump Tower daily greatly increase the cost? Not to mention the place down in Florida every weekend. And then the boys trips overseas? You didn't have those issues with the Obamas because they're a relatively young family. I don't fault Trump for having a large family and needing them protected, i fault him for being a hypocrite. He made a campaign issue out of Obama's vacations and golfing and 30 days in or so, Trump has proven to be much worse. Another lie that Joe American barely getting by in the lower middle-class fell for.
    I'm not taking up for either one of them. But don't think they have spent more on Trumps SS yet then the total on Obama and family for a year. In the long run probably, because of the larger family. They both will (and) have spent a lot of our money on BS. Hell, Obama turned a trip to spread his Grandmothers ashes into a 12 day Hawaiian family vacation on the tax payers dime before he was even sworn into office. They both are POS hypocrites, not just Scrump. SS guarded the empty house in Chicago for 8 years. We've been getting raped by Presidents and their trips, etc. for a long, long time. Nothing we can do about it. Oh well, enough of this for now, have to get out and and get some stuff done before the rain hits around 12-1 today.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

Where did you get the $300 million value? Property taxes are assessed on $21 million.

We've been involved in the remolding of a few houses on the island. The last one, just south of Mar A Largo is on 3.5 Acres and is 42,800 square feet. It's taxed on $41,620,345 assessed value. The assessed value goes back on the last selling price and improvements, when they're done, plus any increases in local taxes, like school fire, waste, etc.going up. Last time Mar A Largo changed hands was in 1995, when he sold it (on paper) to Mar A Largo Inc, for $12,000,000.00.

Trust me, just that 20 acre piece of land, without the house or any other structures is worth more then $21 million. That $300 million estimate has came out of the mouth of a few prominent people who work for the county property appraisers office, and they say it's on the low side, if it were to go on the market for sale.

Just like the house next to me, they bought it for $220,000 back in 1997, and were paying just over $4,000 a year in taxes on it. She finally passed away last year, her kids sold it for $522,000. The new owners will be paying between $9,000 & $10,000 on taxes on the same house. Maybe more if the county finds out they're throwing another $100,000 into the house to fully upgrade it.
    In other words, speculation. Whatever the market will bear.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-costs-more-protect-us-leader-president-history-a7456046.html

He is costing a crap load and doesn't give a shit.

All of a sudden neither do redumlicans.
  • Options
    Is this how you make America great again?

I would love to hear one of you idiotic Trump defenders justify this shit.
  • Options
    One thing I will say about Rep. Keith Ellison, in his fight to lead the DNC, is that he was the one who predicted early that I would win!
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

It's pretty simple actually. According to the letter part-time daycare is not a core program while full-time care is. Money/staff is being transferred to support the core program. This is going to happen across many different agencies as budgets are eventually brought under control. I am sure you understand.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,319
    EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

mfc2006 said:

I'm not taking up for either one of them. But don't think they have spent more on Trumps SS yet then the total on Obama and family for a year. In the long run probably, because of the larger family. They both will (and) have spent a lot of our money on BS. Hell, Obama turned a trip to spread his Grandmothers ashes into a 12 day Hawaiian family vacation on the tax payers dime before he was even sworn into office. They both are POS hypocrites, not just Scrump. SS guarded the empty house in Chicago for 8 years. We've been getting raped by Presidents and their trips, etc. for a long, long time. Nothing we can do about it. Oh well, enough of this for now, have to get out and and get some stuff done before the rain hits around 12-1 today.
    EM, so you're saying the president shouldn't take a vacation? Everyone needs vacation time, but it's all about balance and reasonable timing. The biggest issue with Trump is that he constantly criticized Obama for taking vacations and going golfing, but look what's he's been doing since elected. Total hypocrite, so it isn't comparable. Also, when's the last time we had to pay to protect the president's wife in another city? It's one thing to guard an empty house, but to maintain a full security detail for actual people and property will be much more expensive.

Instead of further perpetuating speculative numbers and details about the cost for Obama, let's actually get more accurate details and numbers because we get enough made up "facts" from the current administration.

Obama Chicago house cost:
    According to the city, the cost to secure Obama’s home between Nov. 5, 2008, and Jan. 18 was more than $1.5 million — most of which the city “expects” to be reimbursed because of his status as president-elect.

http://www.nationalreview.com/morning-jolt/442391/president-elect-trump-costs-new-york-money-which-normal

In comparison:
    The costs of guarding the Trump Tower in New York City, where the first lady, Melania Trump, and Trump’s youngest son, Barron live, is estimated to cost $183 million a year. New York Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer says that he wants the federal government to reimburse New York City and the state for these costs.

http://www.theroot.com/trump-already-on-track-to-spend-more-on-travel-than-oba-1792549391

Obama's Hawaiian vacation costs for all 8 years:
    For the last time, taxpayers are paying for a Hawaiian Christmas vacation for President Obama and his family, an annual luxury getaway that has cost the Treasury easily more than $35 million over eight years.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/22/obamas-hawaii-christmas-vacations-cost-taxpayers-3/

Obama's estimated total travel costs:
    In total, the cost of the the first family’s personal or largely personal travel during the last eight years comes to $85 million – though that is likely to climb to $90 million after additional records are released, according to the conservative group Judicial Watch based on federal government records.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article123335079.html#storylink=cpy

Or, if you go with Fox New, 100 million:
    "President-elect Trump can immediately save taxpayers money by reforming presidential travel," Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said.

"The Obamas' notorious abuse of presidential travel perks wasted military resources and stressed the Secret Service. Judicial Watch estimates that the final costs of Obama’s unnecessary vacation and political travel will well exceed $100 million."

The figure was originally reported as $85 million, but the Obamas' current trip to Hawaii, as well as the release of additional documents, have increased the estimate.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/12/30/barack-obama-vacation-travel-costs-eight-year-term-96-million

In comparison already (as estimated):
    In the five weeks since his inauguration, the President has already spent three weekends at Mar-a-Lago, which he has begun referring to as the “Winter White House,” indicating that more is in store for the lavish private club situated on a beachfront property that was not designed with presidential security in mind. Some of the estimated $10 million spent on these three trips included paying for the Coast Guard to patrol the shoreline, according to the Post.
    Local officials in Palm Beach County, where the estate is located, also reportedly plan to ask Washington to reimburse their expenditures on extra security and traffic management, which could amount to tens of thousands of dollars so far. The county has already spent about $60,000 a day in overtime police payments, Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw told the Post.
    In New York, where First Lady Melania Trump has chosen to live with the couple’s school-aged son, the city pays roughly $500,000 each day to secure Trump Tower. This estimate, provided by police officials, could end up totaling about $183 million per year. Security for Trump’s extended family is also expected to run up a hefty tab.

http://fortune.com/2017/02/22/trump-security-mar-a-lago-cost-taxpayers/

Obama vacation time:
    He’s taken 28 vacations spanning all or part of 217 days, according to Mark Knoller, a CBS News White House correspondent who maintains an authoritative record of presidential activities. Those numbers do not include the latest Hawaii trip, which began Friday and is expected to end Jan. 2.

By comparison, President George W. Bush made 77 visits to his Texas ranch spanning all or part of 490 days, and 11 visits to his family’s home in Kennebunkport, Maine, spanning all or part of 43 days, according to Knoller.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article123335079.html#storylink=cpy

What you also need to remember is that Obama did not profit from his vacations or trips. So besides paying for the cost of Trump's trips, the money is going right back to him and his businesses.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/02/trump-family-travel/515874/
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options

Canadian trolls who think I read and / or give a shit about their opinions are precious.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,027
    Distraction alert.

Yesterday that orange fuck effectively turned the USA into an ICE police state.. Without regard for much (think civil liberties, or common decency, or minding your own effing business) people who you don't know, who really didn't do anything, except not having their "papers" in order, are going to have their lives shaken like a snow globe, tearing families apart. For what?

Oh yeah and those Dakota Access Pipeline Standing Rock Sioux ? That deadline is today. Those private security firms will use dogs to clear the area. That orange fuck had a financial stake in Energy Transfer Partners up until DECEMBER 2016.

American Pipe, so sad.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    BS44325 said:

It's pretty simple actually. According to the letter part-time daycare is not a core program while full-time care is. Money/staff is being transferred to support the core program. This is going to happen across many different agencies as budgets are eventually brought under control. I am sure you understand.
    i would argue that ANY daycare, part-time or full-time, should be considered core programming for our military families.
  • Options

Canadian trolls who think I read and / or give a shit about their opinions are precious.

You asked for somebody to "justify" but didn't like the answer. I guess when one responds to a question one is a "troll". Precious.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

i would argue that ANY daycare, part-time or full-time, should be considered core programming for our military families.
    BS, no where does it say they are transferring money to support that program. They are simply cutting funding to another program. If they were transferring the funding, then there should be more full-time care, but there won't be. Also, if this is the first notice, how shitty to get a 1 week notice. Anyone with kids knows that is a major problem no matter part-time or full-time. Many families depend on part-time programming, so let's not write this off as a "budget control" measure and disregard the impact.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

Well that is another argument altogether. The point is that currently part-time is not considered "core". I am not sure why and that is beyond any of us on here.
  • Options
    tbergs said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

BS, no where does it say they are transferring money to support that program. They are simply cutting funding to another program. If they were transferring the funding, then there should be more full-time care, but there won't be. Also, if this is the first notice, how shitty to get a 1 week notice. Anyone with kids knows that is a major problem no matter part-time or full-time. Many families depend on part-time programming, so let's not write this off as a "budget control" measure and disregard the impact.
    You're right that it doesn't mention funding but it says that staff will be reallocated to the full-time program. You are also right that this is shitty for families. I don't disagree. Budgetary cuts, which include hiring freezes, always have real world consequences. The problem is that the current state of spending just cannot continue.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

Well that is another argument altogether. The point is that currently part-time is not considered "core". I am not sure why and that is beyond any of us on here.
    A little more details on this.

The CDC's part-day programs include its part-day preschools. Many military families, including some CDC workers, rely on hourly care for child care during part-time jobs or school hours, or when the full-time day care program is full. One Army spouse at Fort Knox reported that the wait list for her 1-year-old is estimated through July.

"We are prevented from bringing new caregivers on board but are still having our usual staff turnover and illnesses, which creates challenges to maintaining ratios and providing quality childcare," the Fort Knox letter states.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/02/21/federal-hiring-freeze-suspends-army-child-care-programs.html

A small scale impact right now, but a definite impact on these families nonetheless.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    BS44325 said:

tbergs said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

You're right that it doesn't mention funding but it says that staff will be reallocated to the full-time program. You are also right that this is shitty for families. I don't disagree. Budgetary cuts, which include hiring freezes, always have real world consequences. The problem is that the current state of spending just cannot continue.
    Which goes to the other part of the question that you didn't answer. Cutting programs while spending on Trump so he can golf every weekend is going through the roof. That was the point you missed.
This discussion has been closed.