Options

President Elect Trump

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,577
    Trump to Enter Office as Most Unpopular President in at Least 40 Years, Poll Finds
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-remains-unpopular-presidency-hand-poll/story?id=44815005
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited January 2017
    JC29856 said:

is this true, anything from the horses mouth? i dont get to involved in cabinet hearings but this caught my attention. has there been any grizzly incidents and school students? im a city slicker
    It is true. I watched half of the three hour session last night on C-SPAN. That Connecticut senator actually welcomed her to come speak about education in his state after she said that.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

All these phonies are worried about the PEOTUS possibly being compromised by a foreign power......... where was this outrage when it was alleged that Obama was maybe secretly possibly a Muslim?

Bunch of phonies

#MAGA

Seriously? Were you under a rock for the last 8 years. People still "accuse" Obama of being a muslim.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,032
    Free said:

JC29856 said:

is this true, anything from the horses mouth? i dont get to involved in cabinet hearings but this caught my attention. has there been any grizzly incidents and school students? im a city slicker
    It is true. I watched half of the three hour session last night on C-SPAN. That Connecticut senator actually welcomed her to come speak about education in his state after she said that.
    no, he invited to talk about guns in schools.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    from cnn

Betsy DeVos, President-elect Donald Trump's education secretary nominee, said it should be up to states whether guns are allowed in schools, citing grizzly bear protection as part of her answer.

She also said she would support Trump if he moved to ban gun-free schools zones, a position he advocated on the campaign trail.
    Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy, who represents Sandy Hook, the site of the 2012 school shooting, asked DeVos if she believes guns have "any place in and around schools."
    "I think that is best left to locales and states to decide," she said.
    After Murphy pushed DeVos about why she can't say definitively whether they belong, DeVos brought up a story Sen. Mike Enzi told earlier about a school in Wyoming that has fences around it to protect against grizzly bears.
    "I will refer back to Sen. Enzi and the school he is talking about in Wyoming. I think probably there, I would imagine there is probably a gun in a school to protect from potential grizzlies," she said.
    The comment drew some laughs in the room.

I think, probably and would imagine a gun in a Wyoming school (referring back to Enzi and fences around schools) = someone who thinks guns will thwart grizzly attacks and her CITING grizzly protection??
    I certainly dont want to discuss such a silly subject but this was what grizzly-talk was all about or was there more??
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Free said:

JC29856 said:

no, he invited to talk about guns in schools.
    You're right, even better.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763

This country elected a fucking spoiled rotten Bafoon , please tell me what is one good quality he brings to the presidency ?

He tells it like it is!!!! LOL....it's still hard for me to fathom that this is really happening. His obsession with any media outlet who reports anything remotely negative about him is so sad....and scary.
  • Options
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

Trumps nominee for sec of education just embarassed herself quite handily. Not only does she hold no opinion on the debate between growth and proficiency., she didnt KNOW WHAT THEY ARE. and ghw bush's sec of ed just called her "the enemy of public education".

Jesus fucking christ.

i just watched that segment. I'll have to admit, I never heard of the debate between growth and proficiency myself. I'm still a little unclear as to the difference, but I'm guessing i'll know soon.

I suppose anyone in the education field is supposed to know this?
    A shot in the dark: proficiency represents how much of a subject matter a student becomes before moving on to the next subject matter, growth represents the breadth of subject matters covered in a curriculum. If time is your exclusive variable, more time can go into fewer topics (more time per subject matter, favouring proficiency), or more topics can be covered (fewer time per subject matter, favouring growth). Even if she didn't know these terms' true meaning, wouldn't she have been better off to look at the simply defined words and apply them to study to see if she could figure them out? From there, you could easily make a solid-sounding statement:

If growth and proficiency are the only two outputs and time is too finite, education should focus on imploring youth to be self-seekers of knowledge. Today, the world is ripe with freely available information, and in an era with such availability, it's a tragedy not to capitalize on that for our most malleable minds.

My proposal is to focus on proficiency, and to re-audit what skills of today, and of tomorrow, are timely and relevant as subjects to thoroughly teach. Beyond that, we need to work on showing not just the value in education, but also ensuring immediate non-audited rewards for the general act of learning on one's own are provided. This may mean encouragement from teachers, extracurricular opportunities in more segments of America, incentives for self-study, all rolled up into a formal program delivered and marketed in ways appealing to youth in an environment producing sensory overload as we see today.

It's not enough to have subject matter experts in adult Americans, if they lack the will, tools, persistence, and keen interest in pursuing lifelong educations.

Wouldn't that have sounded better? Now I'm going to look up the growth vs proficiency debate.

Edit, I was wrong about growth, was more to do with personal growth!
    A good perspective here, Benjs.

Typically, when we talk of 'time' in educational circles... we refer to it as a variable that accounts for the varied learning rates of individual learners- with the premise being all kids are capable of learning given the right conditions. It's tricky allotting a block of time for the delivery of a particular unit. Some will learn very quickly (becoming bored and somewhat unchallenged) and some will not master the objectives (becoming frustrated and detached from the process).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

from cnn

Betsy DeVos, President-elect Donald Trump's education secretary nominee, said it should be up to states whether guns are allowed in schools, citing grizzly bear protection as part of her answer.

She also said she would support Trump if he moved to ban gun-free schools zones, a position he advocated on the campaign trail.
    Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy, who represents Sandy Hook, the site of the 2012 school shooting, asked DeVos if she believes guns have "any place in and around schools."
    After Murphy pushed DeVos about why she can't say definitively whether they belong, DeVos brought up a story Sen. Mike Enzi told earlier about a school in Wyoming that has fences around it to protect against grizzly bears.
    "I will refer back to Sen. Enzi and the school he is talking about in Wyoming. I think probably there, I would imagine there is probably a gun in a school to protect from potential grizzlies," she said.

I think, probably and would imagine a gun in a Wyoming school (referring back to Enzi and fences around schools) = someone who thinks guns will thwart grizzly attacks and her CITING grizzly protection??
    I certainly dont want to discuss such a silly subject but this was what grizzly-talk was all about or was there more??
    What a f**king moron.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,909

JC29856 said:

from cnn

What a f**king moron.
    she will forever be known now as Betsy "Grizzly" DeVos.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    Tim Kaine seemed incredibly angry when he was grilling DeVos.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

JC29856 said:

from cnn

What a f**king moron.
    she will forever be known now as Betsy "Grizzly" DeVos.
    This reminds me of the off season for professional sports teams when fans watch their team's personnel movements. Some teams habitually kick ass and get stronger every off season- acquiring key players for positions of need and dumping ones that have out served their usefulness. Others make a habit out of discouraging their loyal fan base by overpaying for washed up, attitudinal, or weaker players that the good teams don't even sniff at.

If I was to attend Trump's inauguration... I'd do so with the brown bag over my head and two eye holes cut in it just like Browns fans do periodically.
  • Options

Tim Kaine if we remember correctly was chosen as Hilliarys VP way back in July of 2015 a full year before the announcement. I can imagine the anger and frustration when for almost a year and a half he was certain he was next VP. Now instead of being VP he has to question a women who seems completely incompetent about public funding of schools and accountability.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Tim Kaine if we remember correctly was chosen as Hilliarys VP way back in July of 2015 a full year before the announcement. I can imagine the anger and frustration when for almost a year and a half he was certain he was next VP. Now instead of being VP he has to question a women who seems completely incompetent about public funding of schools and accountability.
    she was answering the questions like she was on trial. I was waiting for her to actually say "I plead the 5th".
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856 said:

from cnn

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/betsy-devos-grizzlies-wyoming-when-asked-about-guns-in-schools/
  • Options
    there should be a law that if a person has ever donated money to someone who is a committe member that is choosing if this person is fit for office, they are automaticaly disqualified.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    JC29856 said:

from cnn

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    It better be a big gun to stop a grizzly. There is also bear spray available.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I hope all those Trump voters can afford private school for their kids

lol
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Some bear sprays contain butyric acid, hot pepper (cayenne) oils and aerosol propellants.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    JC29856 said:

All the D's had a hard-on last night
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,556
    Moonpig said:

JC29856 said:

from cnn

"We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears"
    my2hands said:

I hope all those Trump voters can afford private school for their kids

lol

A lot of people won't be able to afford health insurance, how the f are they going to afford private school?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    edited January 2017

This country elected a fucking spoiled rotten Bafoon , please tell me what is one good quality he brings to the presidency ?

He tells it like it is!!!! LOL....it's still hard for me to fathom that this is really happening. His obsession with any media outlet who reports anything remotely negative about him is so sad....and scary.
    It's the scariest thing about him, especially since he insults news networks that report negatively on him, and then turns around and posts Breitbart articles that praise him (and don't tell the truth). He is working HARD on a daily basis to turn buillshit news into legitimate news and legitimate news into fake news. Textbook fascist tactic. Everyone should be very, very concerned about this. Especially since it seems to be working on a huge segment of the population. He knows exactly what he's doing and it is pretty fucking evil and extremely harmful.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    JC29856 said:

Jason P said:

Some bear sprays contain butyric acid, hot pepper (cayenne) oils and aerosol propellants.
    The school could just dig a bunch of deadfalls around the perimeter of the school so the bears are impaled on spears when the fall in them like in the movie The Edge. I'm sure someone in the community could loan the school an excavator for a day and the spears could be made in wood shop.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,025
    or just put picnic baskets at the perimeter then beat the bears with school supplied softball bats
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

All these phonies are worried about the PEOTUS possibly being compromised by a foreign power......... where was this outrage when it was alleged that Obama was maybe secretly possibly a Muslim?

Bunch of phonies

#MAGA

Where's your outrage over Trump raping a 13 year old and mocking disabled people? Oh wait. He's a white male republican and not a black female democrat so you give him a pass. GFY racist.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Bunch of phonies

#MAGA

Because Trump's 30 year history of involvement in Russia, his son being on record proclaiming that Russian money is pouring into their projects, hosting the Miss Universe pageant in Moscow while Trump ran the thing and Trump's/Putin's public praise and bromance is the same as having a dad originally from Kenya? You'd have to be naive to think there's no ties in the former but somehow there's "proof" in the latter. Follow the money. Demand Trump release his tax returns.
    All this outrage over the tax returns is phony.

People need to leave the PEOTUS alone.

#MAGA
    Translation:

Screw your white privilege, triggered alt right snowflake.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Bunch of phonies

#MAGA

Because Trump's 30 year history of involvement in Russia, his son being on record proclaiming that Russian money is pouring into their projects, hosting the Miss Universe pageant in Moscow while Trump ran the thing and Trump's/Putin's public praise and bromance is the same as having a dad originally from Kenya? You'd have to be naive to think there's no ties in the former but somehow there's "proof" in the latter. Follow the money. Demand Trump release his tax returns.
    All this outrage over the tax returns is phony.

People need to leave the PEOTUS alone.

#MAGA
    Translation:

Screw your white privilege, triggered alt right snowflake.
    I believe it was sarcasm.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
This discussion has been closed.