Options

President Elect Trump

Comments

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    my feel is that the suit is going nowhere. at least it will help get the troops mobilized this week
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    vaggar99 said:

Allred said that Zervos is willing to dismiss the lawsuit if the president-elect retracts his “false statements” about her and confirms that her allegations are true.

Sounds more than reasonable to me. I can't imagine that would happen, but it does demonstrate that the victim isn't looking for a payday or whatever other reason Trumpsters come up with to try to smear her or dismiss her. I wish her success!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

Sex offenders tend to have a lot of victims. Especially the old ones.

Well surely if he were one, there will be mounds of evidence soon. Then Pence becomes your president.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,707
    edited January 2017
    PJPOWER said:

Sex offenders tend to have a lot of victims. Especially the old ones.

Well surely if he were one, there will be mounds of evidence soon. Then Pence becomes your president.
    I take confessions combined with allegations as evidence. The thought of trump getting the boot makes me happy for ten seconds until I picture Pence as prez. Different resistance if that's the case.
  • Options
    ^^
    true dat. now you got an asshole with policy making ability
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354
    Will Bafoon move back all the ground troops that Obama has mobilized in Eastern Europe !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    1.8 million people showed up to Obamas 1st inauguration who wants to bet Bafoon will tweet that 3million showed up !
  • Options

Will Bafoon move back all the ground troops that Obama has mobilized in Eastern Europe !

Your Bafoon comments are getting old.
    It what, degenerates the conversation as so many here say when you call people names?
    He is your President.
  • Options
    ^^^
    or perhaps President*
  • Options

Your Bafoon comments are getting old.
    It what, degenerates the conversation as so many here say when you call people names?
    He is your President.
    Just ignore me or block me so you don't have to read my Bafoon comments and yes he is my president for the next 4 yrs but he'll be president Bafoon to me ! You forget the posters here who addressed President Obama for the whole 8 yrs as every other name possible but president Obama ...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,909
    Trumps nominee for sec of education just embarassed herself quite handily. Not only does she hold no opinion on the debate between growth and proficiency., she didnt KNOW WHAT THEY ARE. and ghw bush's sec of ed just called her "the enemy of public education".

Jesus fucking christ.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

Trumps nominee for sec of education just embarassed herself quite handily. Not only does she hold no opinion on the debate between growth and proficiency., she didnt KNOW WHAT THEY ARE. and ghw bush's sec of ed just called her "the enemy of public education".

Jesus fucking christ.

That was just one example. She doesn't know federal law for FAPE. She's worse than Palin, but she gave 200 mil to Trump so...
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,032
    Free said:

Jesus fucking christ.

That was just one example. She doesn't know federal law for FAPE. She's worse than Palin, but she gave 200 mil to Trump so...
    it was the quiet questions about the actual job and role of dept of ed that exposed her not the attempted gotcha shit.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    This is nothing new, we forget so soon but Lewis boycotted the inauguration of bush jr. too back in '01. Funny how he claims he hasn't missed one in three decades but he was pretty public about it then.

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,707

1.8 million people showed up to Obamas 1st inauguration who wants to bet Bafoon will tweet that 3million showed up !

Since trump tweeted that people are coming to DC in "record numbers", it should be 3 mil easy!
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755

This is nothing new, we forget so soon but Lewis boycotted the inauguration of bush jr. too back in '01. Funny how he claims he hasn't missed one in three decades but he was pretty public about it then.

You're right, what you said is nothing new. We covered that pages ago.

I'm just confused as to where picking on an old black man in his late 70's falls in the grand scheme of making America great again. So he called you "illegitimate ". Only someone with intense insecurities would get as out of shape as Trump did about it.

I miss the days when we could just call a presidents legitimacy into question strictly by where we think he wasn't born- not this losing the popular vote by 3 million votes, FBI director letter while millions go to early vote, Russian hacking nonsense that surely wouldn't be a big deal had it been on the other side of things crap.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Why would anyone want to sit outside in Washington DC in the middle of January is silly to me regardless of the function
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

Jesus fucking christ.

i just watched that segment. I'll have to admit, I never heard of the debate between growth and proficiency myself. I'm still a little unclear as to the difference, but I'm guessing i'll know soon.

I suppose anyone in the education field is supposed to know this?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,556

You're right, what you said is nothing new. We covered that pages ago.

I'm just confused as to where picking on an old black man in his late 70's falls in the grand scheme of making America great again. So he called you "illegitimate ". Only someone with intense insecurities would get as out of shape as Trump did about it.

I miss the days when we could just call a presidents legitimacy into question strictly by where we think he wasn't born- not this losing the popular vote by 3 million votes, FBI director letter while millions go to early vote, Russian hacking nonsense that surely wouldn't be a big deal had it been on the other side of things crap.
    Right? GTFO with this phony outrage over potential treason or rigged elections........ I miss the good old days where we could undermine a president by claiming his birth certificate was forged, therefore not a legitimate president.

There's so much smoke around this Trump / Russia connection that many people way smarter than anyone on this forum are convinced the allegations are true, but somehow the outrage over the President Elect having potentially committed treason is phony.

A bunch of phonies......... Holden Caulfield would be proud.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I love watching all the flag waving "Make America Great Again" supporters and voters now do backflips to take sides with/excuse away everything that is Vladimir Putin/Donald Trump... bunch of fucking phonies is right
  • Options

All these phonies are worried about the PEOTUS possibly being compromised by a foreign power......... where was this outrage when it was alleged that Obama was maybe secretly possibly a Muslim?

Bunch of phonies

#MAGA
  • Options

All these phonies are worried about the PEOTUS possibly being compromised by a foreign power......... where was this outrage when it was alleged that Obama was maybe secretly possibly a Muslim?

Bunch of phonies

#MAGA

i have proof that Obama's birth cert was forged. how do i know? that's what Muslims from Kenya do.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,951
    edited January 2017
    vaggar99 said:

Jesus fucking christ.

i just watched that segment. I'll have to admit, I never heard of the debate between growth and proficiency myself. I'm still a little unclear as to the difference, but I'm guessing i'll know soon.

A shot in the dark: proficiency represents how much of a subject matter a student becomes before moving on to the next subject matter, growth represents the breadth of subject matters covered in a curriculum. If time is your exclusive variable, more time can go into fewer topics (more time per subject matter, favouring proficiency), or more topics can be covered (fewer time per subject matter, favouring growth). Even if she didn't know these terms' true meaning, wouldn't she have been better off to look at the simply defined words and apply them to study to see if she could figure them out? From there, you could easily make a solid-sounding statement:

If growth and proficiency are the only two outputs and time is too finite, education should focus on imploring youth to be self-seekers of knowledge. Today, the world is ripe with freely available information, and in an era with such availability, it's a tragedy not to capitalize on that for our most malleable minds.

My proposal is to focus on proficiency, and to re-audit what skills of today, and of tomorrow, are timely and relevant as subjects to thoroughly teach. Beyond that, we need to work on showing not just the value in education, but also ensuring immediate non-audited rewards for the general act of learning on one's own are provided. This may mean encouragement from teachers, extracurricular opportunities in more segments of America, incentives for self-study, all rolled up into a formal program delivered and marketed in ways appealing to youth in an environment producing sensory overload as we see today.

It's not enough to have subject matter experts in adult Americans, if they lack the will, tools, persistence, and keen interest in pursuing lifelong educations.

Wouldn't that have sounded better? Now I'm going to look up the growth vs proficiency debate.

Edit, I was wrong about growth, was more to do with personal growth!
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    This country elected a fucking spoiled rotten Bafoon , please tell me what is one good quality he brings to the presidency ?
  • Options

Bunch of phonies

#MAGA

Because Trump's 30 year history of involvement in Russia, his son being on record proclaiming that Russian money is pouring into their projects, hosting the Miss Universe pageant in Moscow while Trump ran the thing and Trump's/Putin's public praise and bromance is the same as having a dad originally from Kenya? You'd have to be naive to think there's no ties in the former but somehow there's "proof" in the latter. Follow the money. Demand Trump release his tax returns.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Bunch of phonies

#MAGA

Because Trump's 30 year history of involvement in Russia, his son being on record proclaiming that Russian money is pouring into their projects, hosting the Miss Universe pageant in Moscow while Trump ran the thing and Trump's/Putin's public praise and bromance is the same as having a dad originally from Kenya? You'd have to be naive to think there's no ties in the former but somehow there's "proof" in the latter. Follow the money. Demand Trump release his tax returns.
    All this outrage over the tax returns is phony.

People need to leave the PEOTUS alone.

#MAGA
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,032
    edited January 2017
    vaggar99 said:

Jesus fucking christ.

The idea would be combining growth and proficiency or simply using growth in a student's performance as the marker of whether or not the school is doing its job. that it may be a student hasn't reached the school's proficiency marks but has shown marked improvement or growth from where they started at the beginning of the year.

As it stands now or has stood neither the child nor the school would have been given credit for the growth/improvement in the students performance using only the proficiency model it's seen as patently unfair when the school is actually teaching a child
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    is this true, anything from the horses mouth? i dont get to involved in cabinet hearings but this caught my attention. has there been any grizzly incidents and school students? im a city slicker
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

i

As a student of history like you fanch is I'm sure well aware, until about 1900 the Democrats were considered the conservative party and Republicans were the progressive party.

What about today's Republican Party makes you of the belief that they would champion causes of equality for minoroties or women? Hell, we can't even get them to agree to the belief that a woman should be paid equally as a man for equal work.

So please continue telling us how minorities and women have their freedoms because of conservative ideas present in today's Republican Party.

jeffbr said:

Donald Trump Actually Just Ended His News Conference By Saying ‘You’re Fired’

The parting words, which were also his signature catch phrase during his time as host of “Celebrity Apprentice,” came in the context of Trump discussing his plan to have his two eldest sons run his business ventures while he’s president.

“I hope at the end of eight years I’ll come back and I’ll say, ‘Oh, you did a good job,’” he said. “Otherwise, if they do a bad job, I’ll say ...”

At that exact moment, the president-elect pulled out a finger gun and said, “You’re fired.”

And with that, his first press conference in six months was over.

good god what a fucking buffoon.
    It's mind-blowing how many people support this guy. Common sense & critical thinking are a thing of the past.
    it isn't really. remember GWB? he was not only elected but REELECTED by the same people.
    Trump recognized the post-truth era quickly and unapologetically managed his campaign accordingly. Trump's opportunity existed almost exclusively because of the sleazy and incestuous world of Washington, big money, and the mainstream media, who have been colluding to manufacture news, policies, and collective opinions where serving themselves was the goal, and serving the public was incidental. This kind of nefarious behaviour trained the American population not to think and not to care (because they couldn't do anything about it anyways). People were willing to, in stages, reduce their engagement for a few reasons: mental laziness leaving them susceptible to undue thought control, or a reluctance or incapacity to unify to lay down the ground ethical rules for what should and shouldn't be tolerated by government, corporation, and media (which you could effectively aggregate into one group since they help each other so exclusively and wholly) to the pathetically low point of engagement we see today.

Today, when awakened by the crude but often correct rhetoric by Trump (particularly when analyzing the ineffectual nature of current-state media and government at being agents of change), people have begun to realize how complacent they had become. Clinton embodied everything that complacency encapsulated. There's something about seeing that a vote is effectively useless at driving change, that produces anger and rage, replacing reason and logic (so much so that Trump could point fingers at nefarious actions, and that resonated far more than the fact that he partakes in the same nefarious actions). The populace was then left with a few choices, and I'm guessing that split was something like this: complacent citizens who don't believe change is realistic with either candidate, choose Clinton. Everyone else, choose Trump. Of course, there were the ones who found both unpalatable, and didn't vote. I'm really not sure the inner dialogue went further than that in most cases. As for the "deplorables", Trump clearly subscribes to the "no press is bad press" train of thought (and clearly with good reason), so the best way to do that is a grassroots effort to hijack megaphones, which don't concern themselves with what spews out of them - just that it's loud. When Trump effectively refused to disavow David Duke of the KKK, the KKK became a megaphone sending pro-Trump messages. Extremists are particularly great at bearing megaphones - they are used to screaming loudly to ensure that their messages are heard.

Democracy gives the intelligent and the not-so-intelligent, the critical thinkers and the not-so-critical thinkers, equal ability to elect. It stands to reason, then, that a proper democracy needs to convert the not-so-intelligent, the not-so-critical thinkers, or the people who fall under both - into intelligent, critical thinkers, in order to hold elected officials accountable, and to ensure that further elected officials are elected for the right reasons. This is an uphill battle when the systems (political, social, economic, legal) are designed to make not-so-critical thinkers out of as many as possible, and I wish I could see a light at the end of a tunnel, but I honestly can't think of a road that doesn't lead to destruction, when factoring in our fatal human flaws of greed and selfishness. If there is a way, it must start with tremendous education reform.

Any chance I could get some clarification on or further explanation on the criteria with which this comment was based? When Trump effectively refused to disavow David Duke of the KKK.
This discussion has been closed.