Options

President Elect Trump

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590

while I find Trump's comments on Lewis completely objectionable and unprofessional (not to mention false), it really is unfair to even bring Lewis' history into it. Just because he is a civil rights hero he is above criticism? and all these comments about "and on MLK weekend of all times". so the fuck what? Trump was responding to criticism. he didn't pick the fight.

this is the type of shit that gains a guy like Trump more support.

Too bad the polls don't reflect that. And I'd be happy to consider their respective characters side by side. Wonder if representative Lewis grabbed any pussy? Sheesh.
    one has zero to do with the other. people aren't villifying trump for what he said, they are villifiying him for who and when he said it to. big difference.
    Which just goes to show you his buffoonery. The guy doesn't have the intellect nor temperament to be president. And yet here we are. And his words have hardly gained him more supporters. In fact, the opposite is true.
    no, it goes to show you that people are weakening their cause by false outrage. if he had been attacking his past as a civil rights advocate, that is viable. you can't argue that trump is anti-MLK because he crticized a congressman for things that have zero to do with civil rights.
    Sorry, but I'm not outraged as much as I'm saddened by who represents this country and who has his finger on the button.If Trump would just put away his Twitter and act like an adult president instead of a petulant child, all of this faux outrage on both sides would go away. I'm going to enjoy the humor of the next four years.
    Exactly!!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,418

while I find Trump's comments on Lewis completely objectionable and unprofessional (not to mention false), it really is unfair to even bring Lewis' history into it. Just because he is a civil rights hero he is above criticism? and all these comments about "and on MLK weekend of all times". so the fuck what? Trump was responding to criticism. he didn't pick the fight.

Too bad the polls don't reflect that. And I'd be happy to consider their respective characters side by side. Wonder if representative Lewis grabbed any pussy? Sheesh.
    one has zero to do with the other. people aren't villifying trump for what he said, they are villifiying him for who and when he said it to. big difference.
    Which just goes to show you his buffoonery. The guy doesn't have the intellect nor temperament to be president. And yet here we are. And his words have hardly gained him more supporters. In fact, the opposite is true.
    no, it goes to show you that people are weakening their cause by false outrage. if he had been attacking his past as a civil rights advocate, that is viable. you can't argue that trump is anti-MLK because he crticized a congressman for things that have zero to do with civil rights.
    Sorry, but I'm not outraged as much as I'm saddened by who represents this country and who has his finger on the button. If Trump would just put away his Twitter and act like an adult president instead of a petulant child, all of this faux outrage on both sides would go away. I'm going to enjoy the humor of the next four years.
    Yep !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

This should instill confidence:

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2017/01/17/trump-will-consider-day-one-to-be-monday-not-his-inauguration

Yea, I like it when the newly elected president decides to start his first term off by taking the first three days off. What a fucking tool.

Union president.

I thought he hated unions?
    Trump couldn't hang with 90% of union members.
    You got that right.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    dignin said:

"The same people who did the phony election polls, and were so wrong, are now doing approval rating polls. They are rigged just like before."

The Don

It's a pain in the ass not to be able to just link to Twitter.
    Trump is a fucking moron. Thoseelection polls were correct. Clinton won the popular vote. Which is what they are polling.

Get used to trump just attacking anything he disagrees with. We have a fucking 7 year old as a president.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,725

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2017/01/17/trump-will-consider-day-one-to-be-monday-not-his-inauguration

Yea, I like it when the newly elected president decides to start his first term off by taking the first three days off. What a fucking tool.

Union president.

I thought he hated unions?
    Trump couldn't hang with 90% of union members.
    You got that right.
    I know. Baby sized hands and his make-up would run.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318

dignin said:

"The same people who did the phony election polls, and were so wrong, are now doing approval rating polls. They are rigged just like before."

The Don

Trump is a fucking moron. Thoseelection polls were correct. Clinton won the popular vote. Which is what they are polling.

Get used to trump just attacking anything he disagrees with. We have a fucking 7 year old as a president.
    That's insulting to 7 year olds. My son is actuality more well behaved than Trump will ever be.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    You laugh but it is actually quite sad. These artists are all being vilified, getting death threats, etc. for just wanting to play a gig. Most of them are not even political. As somebody who was pro-bush AND pro-bushleaguer I find the constant attack on artists to be shameful. It happens on both sides and it is not a good thing.
    How would you feel about bands who agreed to play at the swearing in of the new grandmaster of the KKK or something like that? No prob? Shameful to criticize them?
    The only difference being that the KKK, by its very nature, is hatred with a very clear mission statement.

That being said... I can completely understand why no band wishes to participate in such an event. It's a poopoo platter being served and if given the choice... people don't have to eat from it.
    Your KKK analogy is insane but I recognize that is where the state of the opposition is these days. That being said I have no problem with bands who don't want to participate...that is completely their right. What I am talking about is bands who want to participate but are having their lives torn apart for even considering it.

I guess we all hate the Dixie Chicks now!
    It wasn't an analogy, it was a question.
    It was an insane question. Now I'm off to Kings of Leon.
    Lol, it was a perfectly reasonable question. I was asking to see where you stand in terms of criticizing artists for who the choose to perform for. Apparently, you have a line where criticism of artists' choices goes from shameful to justified. Somehow you believe that your line is the definitive one.
    If it is a reasonable question then please provide me an example of a band playing the swearing in of the new grandmaster of the KKK. Present the example and I will let you know how I feel...until then I'll continue to file the question under the insane category.
  • Options
    Put. The. Twitter. Down. Slowly. Step away. NOW!

Donald Trump mistakenly tweets Ivanka Majic instead of his daughter - CNN
    https://apple.news/A29UmMsiSRaG-K3vrgm-8ig
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737

So the first thing he's going to do as POTUS is take the weekend off. :lol:image
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    You laugh but it is actually quite sad. These artists are all being vilified, getting death threats, etc. for just wanting to play a gig. Most of them are not even political. As somebody who was pro-bush AND pro-bushleaguer I find the constant attack on artists to be shameful. It happens on both sides and it is not a good thing.
    How would you feel about bands who agreed to play at the swearing in of the new grandmaster of the KKK or something like that? No prob? Shameful to criticize them?
    The only difference being that the KKK, by its very nature, is hatred with a very clear mission statement.

That being said... I can completely understand why no band wishes to participate in such an event. It's a poopoo platter being served and if given the choice... people don't have to eat from it.
    Your KKK analogy is insane but I recognize that is where the state of the opposition is these days. That being said I have no problem with bands who don't want to participate...that is completely their right. What I am talking about is bands who want to participate but are having their lives torn apart for even considering it.

I guess we all hate the Dixie Chicks now!
    It wasn't an analogy, it was a question.
    It was an insane question. Now I'm off to Kings of Leon.
    Lol, it was a perfectly reasonable question. I was asking to see where you stand in terms of criticizing artists for who the choose to perform for. Apparently, you have a line where criticism of artists' choices goes from shameful to justified. Somehow you believe that your line is the definitive one.
    If it is a reasonable question then please provide me an example of a band playing the swearing in of the new grandmaster of the KKK. Present the example and I will let you know how I feel...until then I'll continue to file the question under the insane category.
    :lol: Oh boy. :get_outta_here:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,031
    50 democrats are boycotting the inauguration. thoughts?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/17/politics/duffy-democrat-boycott/index.html
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Don't leave out trump's racism in the tweet saying his district was in the crapper. Wonder why trump might make that assumption?
    Yeah, this is pretty typical of Trump and his followers, but it isn't racism to them, (or BS lol)
    it is realism...even if it isn't true.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

My thought is that it is setting a precedent for future inauguration attendees from apposing parties. Hope people are not butt hurt when republicans refuse to attend the next democrat's.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,418
    PJPOWER said:

My thought is that it is setting a precedent for future inauguration attendees from apposing parties. Hope people are not butt hurt when republicans refuse to attend the next democrat's.
    Only if Democrats put up a candidate that could parallel Bafoon's assnine rethoric
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

I won't have a sore rear if the next Dem president elect is an authoritarian, narcissistic, bigoted, sex offender. Do your best to not try and normalize trump, by the way.
  • Options

I'm having a hard time with this one. This is such a muddy issue. I understand what they are doing, but at the same time, what is their goal or desired outcome? He will be the president so they won't be able to just boycott the next 4 years, This reminds me of PJ boycotting the NC show. You could argue it either way. It just seems like things are going to shit and with no control, people are resorting to the only other option they can think of, protest and boycott.

If Trump would start acting like an adult, not even presidential, just an adult, none of this would have happened. He's the president now and needs to find a way to unite instead of constantly alienate and discourage any opposition. We have had unpopular presidents elected before, but they didn't fuel the fire and at least had some decency to keep the masses at bay. We basically have Mr. Potter from It's A Wonderful Life as president and he's trying to turn the country in to Pottersville, but George Bailey never died to trigger this alternate universe..
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

wow, what a shocker that Billy Corgan is a Trumpster. :lol:

He's a douchebag no matter who he supports anyways. Is it any wonder why his liberal 90s alt rock peers still make successful albums while he's washed up with his in name only SP crap? It's gonna be a hell on earth we aren't meant to serve. Corgan will never learn.
  • Options
    tbergs said:

I'm having a hard time with this one. This is such a muddy issue. I understand what they are doing, but at the same time, what is their goal or desired outcome? He will be the president so they won't be able to just boycott the next 4 years, This reminds me of PJ boycotting the NC show. You could argue it either way. It just seems like things are going to shit and with no control, people are resorting to the only other option they can think of, protest and boycott.

If Trump would start acting like an adult, not even presidential, just an adult, none of this would have happened. He's the president now and needs to find a way to unite instead of constantly alienate and discourage any opposition. We have had unpopular presidents elected before, but they didn't fuel the fire and at least had some decency to keep the masses at bay. We basically have Mr. Potter from It's A Wonderful Life as president and he's trying to turn the country in to Pottersville, but George Bailey never died to trigger this alternate universe..
    Trump is not going to change and will likely get worse. He's an authoritarian who will soon have immense power. Combine this with his personality disorder and the outlook for what comes from his behavior and decisons are not good. Hope needs to be put towards opposition and damage control. I do see a chance for a resignation if facts come out that fall into the treason realm. He'll need to be presented with an out that makes him believe he's moving into a better situation, though. I can also see him dying due to health reasons.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

dignin said:

The Don

Fitting that Arec Barwin will be the voice of a Boss Baby in some Dreamworks cartoon. He's already playing one on SNL.

"Urine?" :rofl:
  • Options
    tbergs said:

from what I gather, the "official" reason most, if not all, are boycotting, is not his character, but that he's an illegitimate president based on the presumption of Russia's involvement in getting him elected.

now, that's what they are saying is the reason. it could just be pure sour grapes masked as something geniune.

I don't know how they expect any work to get done, any aisle-reaching at all, if they start out his presidency like this. trump isn't stupid, but his ego trumps intellect. he's an insecure child. you don't rattle the cage of the bully. you befriend him and make him believe you are on his side. otherwise he'll just shut you out.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Why should anyone go to the inauguration of a fucking crazy sexual predator who can't even act like a normal adult if they don't want to?? EVERYONE should be boycotting Trump every chance they get. Remember, this is no normal president that people don't like. This is different.
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

I won't have a sore rear if the next Dem president elect is an authoritarian, narcissistic, bigoted, sex offender. Do your best to not try and normalize trump, by the way.
    Lol,well I hope the rear heals by then because it sounds like it is festering at the moment! You forgot the word "rumored" in front of all of those allegations, unless you're getting your facts from buzzfeed. Wasn't Obama a "rumored" fascist, authoritarian, Muslim terrorist hell bent on destroying the constitution when he was inaugurated? Republicans hated that he was elected, but did they boycott inauguration? I cannot remember.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Why should anyone go to the inauguration of a fucking crazy sexual predator who can't even act like a normal adult if they don't want to?? EVERYONE should be boycotting Trump every chance they get. Remember, this is no normal president that people don't like. This is different.

because, as unfortunate as it is, they are there to play the game and get shit done. they can't expect to be able to fulfill their duties when they are staging a boycott that will affect zero change.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

because, as unfortunate as it is, they are there to play the game and get shit done. they can't expect to be able to fulfill their duties when they are staging a boycott that will affect zero change.
    Exactly, what other government functions that they were elected to represent at are they going to be skipping?
  • Options
    edited January 2017

PJ_Soul said:

They don't have to go to the inauguration to perform their duties. They also really don't have to stick their noses up Trump's ass to fulfill their duties. Politicians can protest Trump as POTUS in a lot of ways that won't harm the functioning of society or prevent positive change (if anything, it would prevent harmful change). IMO, the more politicians who stand against Trump whenever possible (and not attending the inauguration is a great way to do it since it sends a strong message relatively harmlessly), the better off America will be, because the alternative is the normalization of Trump... and THAT is potentially disastrous on a couple of different levels.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

They don't have to go to the inauguration to perform their duties. They also really don't have to stick their noses up Trump's ass to fulfill their duties. Politicians can protest Trump as POTUS in a lot of ways that won't harm the functioning of society or prevent positive change (if anything, it would prevent harmful change). IMO, the more politicians who stand against Trump whenever possible (and not attending the inauguration is a great way to do it since it sends a strong message relatively harmlessly), the better off America will be, because the alternative is the normalization of Trump... and THAT is potentially disastrous on a couple of different levels.
    I know attending the inauguration is not an official duty of theirs, I meant it will affect their duties indirectly. Trump is a child who will block all access to anyone who crosses him. that could have massive implications.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Lol,well I hope the rear heals by then because it sounds like it is festering at the moment! You forgot the word "rumored" in front of all of those allegations, unless you're getting your facts from buzzfeed. Wasn't Obama a "rumored" fascist, authoritarian, Muslim terrorist hell bent on destroying the constitution when he was inaugurated? Republicans hated that he was elected, but did they boycott inauguration? I cannot remember.
    It has a lot to do with how Obama handled the accusations and rumors. Obama went high, Trump, well, he's circling the toilet bowl constantly with a pile of vomit and diarrhea.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Rumored? No. He admitted to sexual assault. Gather more info on trump, then apply that info to the definition of authoritarian. Also study up on narcissistic personality disorder, and get opinions from mental health professionals on how he fits the diagnosis. I'm hoping that most of the people normalizing trump have a threshold for that normalization. Trump will eventually cross that line.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

False equivalency. Obama has infinitely more character and maturity than Trump. And Obama had to listen to it for all 8 years, much of it coming from Trump (questioning his birth certificate). I have yet to see or hear a democrat member of Congress say, "our number one priority is to see this president fail." Who's butt hurt about folks not attending Trump's inaguaral? Seems he's alienated just about every constituency out there. Did you go to the bully's birthday party in 4th grade?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited January 2017

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I know attending the inauguration is not an official duty of theirs, I meant it will affect their duties indirectly. Trump is a child who will block all access to anyone who crosses him. that could have massive implications.
    Well then they should DEFINITELY boycott the inauguration in that case, and really dig in with their opposition to his bullshit. If these people start doing things because they are afraid of Trump's insanity and narcissism and sense of revenge, things are even worse that we feared. The answer is NOT to kowtow to Trump's extreme personality disorder. I am actually a little surprised that you think the answer to Trump and America's success is to bend over for him and take it up the ass.
    (FWIW, I do not mean that people should object anything Trump tries to do, even if it's a good idea. Not like the Republicans did to Obama for 8 years. If Trump ever comes up with a good idea, I would expect the Dems to support that idea.... Don't worry, if America could deal with how Obama was treated by the Republicans since 2008, where they literally boycotted anything that had a connection to him, America can handle principled opposition to Trump just fine). I'm much more worried about what would happen if everyone did what you seem to be suggesting and Trump became normalized, just like what Go Beavers is talking about.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
This discussion has been closed.