Comments

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,556
    rgambs said:

All these phonies are worried about the PEOTUS possibly being compromised by a foreign power......... where was this outrage when it was alleged that Obama was maybe secretly possibly a Muslim?

Bunch of phonies

#MAGA

Because Trump's 30 year history of involvement in Russia, his son being on record proclaiming that Russian money is pouring into their projects, hosting the Miss Universe pageant in Moscow while Trump ran the thing and Trump's/Putin's public praise and bromance is the same as having a dad originally from Kenya? You'd have to be naive to think there's no ties in the former but somehow there's "proof" in the latter. Follow the money. Demand Trump release his tax returns.
    All this outrage over the tax returns is phony.

People need to leave the PEOTUS alone.

#MAGA
    Translation:

Screw your white privilege, triggered alt right snowflake.
    I believe it was sarcasm.
    100%
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

rgambs said:

All these phonies are worried about the PEOTUS possibly being compromised by a foreign power......... where was this outrage when it was alleged that Obama was maybe secretly possibly a Muslim?

Bunch of phonies

#MAGA

Because Trump's 30 year history of involvement in Russia, his son being on record proclaiming that Russian money is pouring into their projects, hosting the Miss Universe pageant in Moscow while Trump ran the thing and Trump's/Putin's public praise and bromance is the same as having a dad originally from Kenya? You'd have to be naive to think there's no ties in the former but somehow there's "proof" in the latter. Follow the money. Demand Trump release his tax returns.

#MAGA
    Translation:

100%
    I took it as such.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,301

rgambs said:

Bunch of phonies

#MAGA

#MAGA
    Translation:

100%
    Obviously they haven't paid attention to your other posts on here or caught how those statements were worded.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:

rgambs said:

Bunch of phonies

#MAGA

#MAGA
    Translation:

100%
    Obviously they haven't paid attention to your other posts on here or caught how those statements were worded.
    But do we know what is really in their heart.......

;)
  • Options
    dignin said:

tbergs said:

rgambs said:

Bunch of phonies

#MAGA

#MAGA
    Translation:

100%

;)
    Mostly a lot of THC, but there's some anger in there too.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    tbergs said:

rgambs said:

Bunch of phonies

#MAGA

#MAGA
    Translation:

100%
    What part of "If it quacks like a..." do you not understand?
  • Options

tbergs said:

rgambs said:

Bunch of phonies

#MAGA

#MAGA
    Translation:

100%
    What part of "If it quacks like a..." do you not understand?
    Seriously?
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    File this under Elizabeth Warren "character and credibilty"

https://youtu.be/3ofXjssntTY

Anyone watch the NHL playoffs?

Ms. Warren has no obligation to shake Mrs. DeVos hand, I personally dont care if she did or didn't, but blowing DeVos off with a wave does give us a glimpse into Ms Warrens character. Does Liz have something personal against Devos? Is Liz just too emotional and cannot bring herself to shaky DeVos hand under those circumstances?
    Liz is okay with supporting a nominee that cheated during the primaries (tilted ice towards Hilliary) and cheated during the presidential debates (Brazile, debate questions) but she just cant bring herself to shake a seemingly incompetent education sec nominees hand.

cheat-act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage
    incompetent-not having or showing the necessary skills to do something successfully
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,353
    JC29856 said:

Ms. Warren has no obligation to shake Mrs. DeVos hand, I personally dont care if she did or didn't, but blowing DeVos off with a wave does give us a glimpse into Ms Warrens character. Does Liz have something personal against Devos? Is Liz just too emotional and cannot bring herself to shaky DeVos hand under those circumstances?
    Liz is okay with supporting a nominee that cheated during the primaries (tilted ice towards Hilliary) and cheated during the presidential debates (Brazile, debate questions) but she just cant bring herself to shake a seemingly incompetent education sec nominees hand.

incompetent-not having or showing the necessary skills to do something successfully

Lol now you want hand shakes what will be next a pat on the back and have her pull up her chair lol
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,909
    JC29856 said:

supporting HRC meant not getting Donald in office. simple as that.
    shaking someone's hand is a sign of respect. if she doesn't respect her, she is under no obligation to shake her hand. it says nothing about Warren's character.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124

• Options
    Jason P said:

Has he tried to copyright or trademark any of his blundering potent quotables?
  • Options

JC29856 said:

shaking someone's hand is a sign of respect. if she doesn't respect her, she is under no obligation to shake her hand. it says nothing about Warren's character.
    Yes but not shaking someones hand is disrespectful, being the germ-o-phone I' am I would like to point out that maybe Liz is one too, or maybe she was sick and didn't want to spread her germs. I wonder if by definition Liz considers Hilliary incompetent?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Someone needs a safe space.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

dignin said:

tbergs said:

rgambs said:

Bunch of phonies

#MAGA

#MAGA
    Translation:

100%

;)
    Mostly a lot of THC, but there's some anger in there too.
    Haha
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited January 2017
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Yes but not shaking someones hand is disrespectful, being the germ-o-phone I' am I would like to point out that maybe Liz is one too, or maybe she was sick and didn't want to spread her germs. I wonder if by definition Liz considers Hilliary incompetent?
    Did Hillary pay $200 million to Trump for a chance to influence? ( that may just be possible, now that I think about it). Does Mrs. DeVos have any credentials for this job? She has a bachelors in business, while any educator has to have a masters in education.

Your argument against Liz is weak, this Deboswoman belongs nowhere near the White House.

Betsy DeVos’s 13-year ‘clerical error’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2017/01/18/betsy-devoss-13-year-clerical-error/?tid=sm_Fb&utm_term=.a4cd50c77b4f

"There were quite a few moments at her confirmation hearing Tuesday when Betsy DeVos floored lawmakers with her answers, but the nominee for education secretary left senators puzzled by denying her documented involvement in a foundation that has funneled millions of dollars to anti-LGBT causes..."
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

would you shake someone's hand you don't respect? especially with cameras everywhere?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Did anyone hear Elizabeth question to Senator Alexander?

Has it ever been denied when requested for a second hearing like he did last night from several Democratic senators. Alexander didn't know, and even tried the old bait and switch technique on Warren.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

would you shake someone's hand you don't respect? especially with cameras everywhere?
    I'll answer it this was, I often shake hands with people that I know have just lied to me about themselves verbally and on paper. I'm not sure if Liz personally knows DeVos but if I don't know someone, yet they just interviewed for a job and I'm fairly certain they repeatedly lied to me, yes I shake their hand goodbye as a sign of basic human respect. I don't shake the hands of people I know personally and don't respect.

Anyway...fuck that! How about this!!!

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/18/trump-education-nominee-betsy-devos-lied-to-the-senate/
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

I'll answer it this was, I often shake hands with people that I know have just lied to me about themselves verbally and on paper. I'm not sure if Liz personally knows DeVos but if I don't know someone, yet they just interviewed for a job and I'm fairly certain they repeatedly lied to me, yes I shake their hand goodbye as a sign of basic human respect. I don't shake the hands of people I know personally and don't respect.

Anyway...fuck that! How about this!!!

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/18/trump-education-nominee-betsy-devos-lied-to-the-senate/
    yeah, "clerical error". i watched that. another idiot choice by Chump.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856 said:
    Did you bother to read the article?
  • Options
    Free said:

JC29856 said:
    I'm not sure he reads any articles. How could anyone if they posted 40 of them a day in every thread on here.
  • Options
    Free said:

JC29856 said:
    Yeah...I posted it yesterday or the day before...why?

Les Moonves, the executive chairman and CEO of CBS, said, as reported by the Hollywood Reporter about Trump’s candidacy: “It may not be good for America, but it’s damn good for CBS.” He added: “Donald’s place in this election is a good thing. . . . Man, who would have expected the ride we’re all having right now? . . . The money’s rolling in and this is fun. . . . I’ve never seen anything like this, and this going to be a very good year for us. Sorry. It’s a terrible thing to say. But, bring it on, Donald. Keep going.”
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    JC29856 said:

Just like you won't hear democrats take any responsibility for propping up Hilliary and rigging the primaries, you won't hear the media accept responsibility for free non stop media coverage of trump.

I wonder if having the celebrity game show hosts as president instead of Hilliary, will draw ratings?

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/16/the-trump-story-media-dare-not-utter-they-sacrificed-democracy-for-ratings_partner/

Tbergs!! Who what?
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    edited January 2017
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

Trumps nominee for sec of education just embarassed herself quite handily. Not only does she hold no opinion on the debate between growth and proficiency., she didnt KNOW WHAT THEY ARE. and ghw bush's sec of ed just called her "the enemy of public education".

Jesus fucking christ.

i just watched that segment. I'll have to admit, I never heard of the debate between growth and proficiency myself. I'm still a little unclear as to the difference, but I'm guessing i'll know soon.

I suppose anyone in the education field is supposed to know this?
    A shot in the dark: proficiency represents how much of a subject matter a student becomes before moving on to the next subject matter, growth represents the breadth of subject matters covered in a curriculum. If time is your exclusive variable, more time can go into fewer topics (more time per subject matter, favouring proficiency), or more topics can be covered (fewer time per subject matter, favouring growth). Even if she didn't know these terms' true meaning, wouldn't she have been better off to look at the simply defined words and apply them to study to see if she could figure them out? From there, you could easily make a solid-sounding statement:

If growth and proficiency are the only two outputs and time is too finite, education should focus on imploring youth to be self-seekers of knowledge. Today, the world is ripe with freely available information, and in an era with such availability, it's a tragedy not to capitalize on that for our most malleable minds.

My proposal is to focus on proficiency, and to re-audit what skills of today, and of tomorrow, are timely and relevant as subjects to thoroughly teach. Beyond that, we need to work on showing not just the value in education, but also ensuring immediate non-audited rewards for the general act of learning on one's own are provided. This may mean encouragement from teachers, extracurricular opportunities in more segments of America, incentives for self-study, all rolled up into a formal program delivered and marketed in ways appealing to youth in an environment producing sensory overload as we see today.

It's not enough to have subject matter experts in adult Americans, if they lack the will, tools, persistence, and keen interest in pursuing lifelong educations.

Wouldn't that have sounded better? Now I'm going to look up the growth vs proficiency debate.

Edit, I was wrong about growth, was more to do with personal growth!
    nice shot in the dark, although a bit off. I'll at least say that you are proficient in the art of bullshit (and eloquent writing).

Seriously though, I have mixed feelings about the self learning model. I suppose it has to do with the kind of student I was in school. Some things came easy in grade school and it made me a bit lazy/arrogant when I got to college. I didn't really get to be a good student and self learner until graduate school. so, it's possible i'd be living on the streets right now if you were to throw me into a self learning environment at that young of an age. who knows though...if the expectations are different, than maybe the students rise to those expectations.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
This discussion has been closed.